Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2010, 08:03 PM   #61
xApril
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendynat View Post
I didn't see the answer to this yet, and I can't find it on the Universal site. What time do the parking lots open? Do they open two hours before the park opens, one hour, etc etc?

We're going in August and want to hit the Harry Potter section, therefore want to line up maybe an hour before the gates open . Though - we're staying near the Convention Center. Would you suggest using the Lynx bus to get there instead?
I'm pretty sure the parking garage opens at around 8AM.
xApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:05 PM   #62
yaytezIOA
ioacentralveteran

I've seen it open as much as two hours before the park opens, depending on the time of year. I'm going to say that it's pretty safe to think it will be open an hour and a half before opening all summer. The park also tends to open half hour early on days where there are large crowds gathering, though I doubt wwohp will be open.
For the bus...yeah, take it to avoid the 15 dollar parking fee.
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #63
TexasErin
Loves old Pluto cartoons

Is there some kind of program like Ridemax available to help you make your touring plans? I know this sounds insane, but I'd really like to just see WWOHP and a few rides, like Spiderman, the Mummy, Men in Black------and just spend about 3/4 of a day there early next June.......probably won't work, right???LOL
Old 06-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #64
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasErin View Post
Is there some kind of program like Ridemax available to help you make your touring plans? I know this sounds insane, but I'd really like to just see WWOHP and a few rides, like Spiderman, the Mummy, Men in Black------and just spend about 3/4 of a day there early next June.......probably won't work, right???LOL
Most people don't have a touring plan since it's only two parks and everything is pretty close to each other. You could probably do what you want to do if you purchase the Express Plus pass and the two park ticket. If you have questions, please feel free to ask.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #65
buxomlisa
Mouseketeer

dates for grinchmas

I don't see any dates yet listed for grinchmas or macys xmas parade for 2010? does anyone know when the dates will be released? I want to make sure I'm there in time to see them. I plan on going dec.1-7

also, I saw somewhere they used to offer breakfast with the grinch? I would love to do this, does anyone have an info on this?
buxomlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #66
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buxomlisa View Post
I don't see any dates yet listed for grinchmas or macys xmas parade for 2010? does anyone know when the dates will be released? I want to make sure I'm there in time to see them. I plan on going dec.1-7

also, I saw somewhere they used to offer breakfast with the grinch? I would love to do this, does anyone have an info on this?
We will have to wait until fall when the website is updated but from what I can remember from last year, all Christmas festivites usually start around 12/4 and run through 1/1. The Macy's parade is daily as is Grinchmas. There is also a holiday concert series on Saturday nights at the Studios which is included in your park admission. Last year they had Chris Isaak, Natalie Cole with a couple other shows and as always Mannheim Steamroller.

The character breakfast is very popular but I haven't done it so I can't tell you how the food is.

I wouldn't be surprised if the WWoHP was involved in the festivities some how but we will have to wait and see.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #67
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Hi and thanks for this thread! We are going to Florida the week of Thanksgiving (11/20 - 11/27) and will be meeting up with our friends from the UK who go to US/IOA every year but we have never been. I have a few questions if someone doesn't mind helping me out.

My family (me, DH, and DD, age 13) are planning on staying off-site due to this being a budget trip and can stay for the week for about $500. I know we will be missing out on the FOTL pass b/c we're not staying on-site but will we regret that decision? DH doesn't ride at all and I will ride the not so scary rides with DD but DD on the other hand loves all rides! I know our friends will have FOTL passes b/c they are staying on-site at HRH but only 2 of them ride and the DW of their family usually doesn't even go to the parks, she stays at the resort by the pool. How expensive will it be for me to buy DD the FOTL passes? I was thinking of maybe trying to figure out what days we might go to the parks and stay on-site just those days to get the FOTL passes but would that be too confusing?

Also, for the time we're going, what would be the best days to go to the parks and what are the best days to avoid?

Does anyone know the park hours for that time of year?

One more thing...we're thinking of staying at the Holiday Inn across the street from Universal but I've seen some bad reviews but I also have read from their website that they are undergoing a major renovation. Does anyone know anything about this hotel?

Thanks so much!!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:37 AM   #68
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

If you can swing it to stay onsite...do it!

The parks aren't too crowded before the holiday but that weekend is going to be a madhouse and having unlimited Express access will definitely help you.

The parks close at 9pm or 10pm that weekend but 6pm otherwise. November hasn't been very busy historically.

If you decide not to stay onsite...You would need to check the website for the Express Plus price for the day you are going. The prices depend on the anticipated crowd level for that day. EPs are non-refundable and date specific so you would be wise to wait until you arrive to purchase.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:48 AM   #69
famluvmickey
Earning My Ears

early entry?

Hello everyone, new here. I looked thru the Universal FAQ's but could not find anything on early entry to Universal studios if staying on site. I know IOA offers early entry for WWOHP but does US offer early entry? If so, which rides are running that early? Thanks!

Also, this is our first trip to Universal... so excited!!
famluvmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #70
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by famluvmickey View Post
Hello everyone, new here. I looked thru the Universal FAQ's but could not find anything on early entry to Universal studios if staying on site. I know IOA offers early entry for WWOHP but does US offer early entry? If so, which rides are running that early? Thanks!

Also, this is our first trip to Universal... so excited!!
Yes, they do for 1/2 hour I think --- may be longer in the summer. You can ride Shrek, Rip Ride Rockit and Mummy I think. It varies.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #71
famluvmickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Yes, they do for 1/2 hour I think --- may be longer in the summer. You can ride Shrek, Rip Ride Rockit and Mummy I think. It varies.

Thank you!
famluvmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #72
DCDisney
On my way...

Halloween Horror Nights?

It looks like the HHN are just at the Universal Studios this year so from past experiences does that mean IOA will be jam packed those nights since it is the only one open?
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:04 AM   #73
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
It looks like the HHN are just at the Universal Studios this year so from past experiences does that mean IOA will be jam packed those nights since it is the only one open?
IOA will be crowded on those nights but I wouldn't say jam packed. Doing the rides at IOA in the dark is a blast!
Old 07-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #74
DAZY3BYZ
DIS Veteran

We are planning on staying onsite the night prior to going to WWoHP. Will we be able to have FOTL passes for the park and early entry even if we check out that day? Thanks!

1999-ALL Star-sports; 2003- POR; 2004- POR; 2006 POR-POLY; 2007 POLY; 2009 POR-BC; 2010 POR-AKL
DAZY3BYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #75
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Read the first post about kids menus at CityWalk but do have a question about what age is considered kids. With Disney it's 3-9, what are the Universal restaurants? Are the meals served at the parks and CityWalk big enough to split between two adults?

Planned on going to Universal next year but with a 2012 Disney Cruise being planned we're not sure about the money. Looking for ways to save.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: