Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2011, 11:49 PM   #151
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamton View Post
You better...we know where you live

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #152
DL50Cruiser
Mouseketeer

Transportation

Is there a link for transportation services?
DL50Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #153
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL50Cruiser View Post
Is there a link for transportation services?
There is an entire sticky for transportation.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #154
DL50Cruiser
Mouseketeer

Universal Studios

Thanks!
DL50Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #155
Emjay0074
Earning My Ears

Last minute trip help

Hi- have a few questions- thanks for any help you can give me! Know there's a lot of WDW background info here, but doing both this trip. And leaving in a week, so kind of panicking and thought I'd just post my questions.....

1 day or 2 at US? What are the best days- W-Sat? I'm thinking W, Th?

Where is the best place to get tickets if we are planning on doing WDW and US? I was going to go to AAA, that's where we've always gone, but saw someone mention Costco on here, and we are members.

Some background:

We are going Spring Break week so crowded.
Staying off site pool home.
Kids are 15,14,12,9.
Trip is a surprise, so can't discuss options with kids.

I'm arriving 6pm Sunday w/kids, DH pm Monday.

We have been to WDW twice, and there is a lot we feel we could skip this time-Sit down meals (cause of pool house), shows, we are pretty much into the big thrill rides, and fireworks, and anything else would be fine, but not necesarry, except my ADR bkfst at 1900 PF. So Monday, Tuesday out for US.

We would like some downtime, but we are the kind of people that are like let's go go go and get it all done. We are here, we can rest at home, who knows when we'll be back? We go to the beach every July with extended family, and all we do is veg on the beach every day. We are very boring beach people, we do nothing else, no going out to dinner, no watersports, just the beach. We are like Manic Depressive vacationers- between our go go go at WDW and our vegging on the beach!

So knowing that- we are thinking early 2 days at US, and then down time or doing something in the evening off site of both parks

OR- 1 day at US cram it all in, and then the rest of the time some kind of park hopper pass that we can do WDW early and late the rest of the days and spread it out. We would like to do one of the water parks because we've never done one.

Any suggestions about what tickets to get? 5 day park hopper for WDW? And 2 day for US?

I hope I'm making some sense.....Thank you!
Emjay0074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #156
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

During Spring Break it will be nearly impossible to do everything in both parks in a single day so you should plan on two full days. Try to stay away from weekends if possible...although most days will be very busy. Get there early and do as much as you can before the bulk of the crowds arrive.

I would recommend purchasing your tickets on the Universal website and either choosing print at home or electronic pickup. This will save time by not having to wait in the long ticket lines. Print at home tickets will be the sheets of paper and those WILL be your park tickets. If you don't want to carry around the paper, you can opt for the electronic pickup option. You will pick up your tickets at the ticket kiosks in front of either park. You will need your confirmation number and the credit card used. The "regular" sized tickets will print out and you can go directly to the gate. There is rarely a line and it's very easy to do.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #157
Emjay0074
Earning My Ears

ok thank you- just the advice I needed...so 2 days it will be. So there is no discount/advantage to getting them somewhere else right?
Old 04-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #158
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjay0074 View Post
ok thank you- just the advice I needed...so 2 days it will be. So there is no discount/advantage to getting them somewhere else right?
You can purchase discounted tickets at several places (UndercoverTourist.com and Costco have discounted tickets). I don't know what the discounts are so I can't tell you how much you'd save by going that route.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #159
Emjay0074
Earning My Ears

Hello again-another ? We are seriously pondering doing Universal in a one day-do it or die- day, adding their express option if we need to. Can you use the express option at all the qualifying rides? Or only a certain amount?

If we decide to do this and fail, we can add on to our ticket like at disney right? Is there a big charge for this, or is it the same as doing the 2 day?
Old 04-10-2011, 03:55 AM   #160
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjay0074 View Post
Hello again-another ? We are seriously pondering doing Universal in a one day-do it or die- day, adding their express option if we need to. Can you use the express option at all the qualifying rides? Or only a certain amount?

If we decide to do this and fail, we can add on to our ticket like at disney right? Is there a big charge for this, or is it the same as doing the 2 day?
You can use the EP at all participating attractions. There are only three that do not accept Express and those are: Forbidden Journey and Pteranodon Flyers at IOA and Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit at the Studios. The EP is good for one time through the Express line.

You can upgrade your park tickets before you leave the park. The cost difference would be about $30.00 per ticket.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #161
Emjay0074
Earning My Ears

Thanks once again- we are now back to doing 2 days! And no express. DH started looking at the site, and we agree, 1 day with the crowds would be crazy. And of course the express is $90 that whole week, so a huge expense.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:42 AM   #162
Harry Potter
Mouseketeer

Red face

Don't want to start a new thread in case I alarm people, but I was wondering about the possibility of alligators in the waterways? Is there storm drains exiting into the waterways?
Harry Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #163
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

I've never seen an alligator in the waterways and never heard of any at either Universal or Islands of Adventure. There was a black bear once at one of the onsite hotels swimming pools though.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #164
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
I've never seen an alligator in the waterways and never heard of any at either Universal or Islands of Adventure. There was a black bear once at one of the onsite hotels swimming pools though.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:56 PM   #165
Harry Potter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Are you pulling my leg? Black bears do not live in the tropics, surely? I thought bears in the US were more northern such as Washington, Montana, North Dakota, and the other border states. Maybe it was a captive from a nearby zoo and escaped?
Harry Potter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: