Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
CCdisney
Earning My Ears

HHN Strategy

My mother-in-law and I our going to HHN October 25th, I know it will be very busy since it's the last Saturday before Halloween. Neither of us has ever been to Universal before and I was wondering what everyone's strategies are as far as seeing almost everything. Our main priority is The Walking Dead haunted house. Any tips would be helpful at this point!!
CCdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:06 PM   #2
jlay68
Earning My Ears

If you don't have a day pass, then get there early. There was a big security checkpoint and they were letting people in way before seven on the night we went. You can get through security faster if you don't take a bag. Still have to take everything out of your pockets and go through a metal detector.

We started at the back at the Halloween house and worked our way forward. We were able to see every house. We did have an Express pass. If you want to hit Walking Dead first, then go left when you get into the park. Walking Dead was past Despicable Me. Get an event guide brochure when you get there. It shows you where everything is.

FYI sometimes the exit to the house is in a different part of the park from where you entered the line for it. Try to have a working knowledge of where rides are at the park before you go.
jlay68 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2014, 05:27 AM   #3
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

If you are set on seeing everything - or even close to it - then a fast pass is really the only way to go. As you have already predicted it is likely to be busy, as most weekends will be, and 2 hour waits per house are not unheard of.
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

if you are staying onsite, go to the far right side entrance and show your hotel key.
this entrance is open for the hotel guests from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm to enter for HHN.
schumi posted earlier last week that hotel guest were allowed to use it past 8 at night on a night she went later.

still have the metal detector to pass thru but the line is much shorter.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
muenginerd
Earning My Ears

Buy the express pass and you shouldn't have an issue. We went last Saturday 9/27 and were able to do everything with no rush plus the scare zones, show, eat, and ride a few rides. There was no way we could do all the houses in one night without express pass.

We mentioned the crowds to one team member and they laughed. They said this was nothing for how busy it will get closer to October.

We also were staying at an on-site hotel and the line to get in was really nice. Not necessary but nice.
muenginerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: