Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2007, 09:01 AM   #1
eeyore55
Earning My Ears

Smile way out west

Good Day! We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary with a trip to Las Vegas prefaced by seven days in Honolulu! I see Vegas covered quite a bit, but no forums on Hawaii. Is that too far out west for you guys? Anybody been to Oahu? We've been to Las Vegas before (2 years ago when we did Disneyland's 50th), but if you want to talk about anything I may want to do there, that's fine too. At Honolulu airport, looking for transportation to our Hotel. Staying at the Hale Koa, which is military. Anybody been there? We're not going until September, but it's really cold here these days and I want to dream about the beach! Thanks in advance.
eeyore55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:41 AM   #2
Lissete
Mouseketeer

Hi, we are going to Hawaii (Oahu, BI & Maui) in October. You can find a lot of very helpful information on Tripadvisor. You can visit the forums & get reviews for just about everything. In Oahu we are planning on going to the PCC and of course to U S S Arizona Memorial. You can also wave at the folks back home from here

I have never been to Hawaii before but I have a bunch of stuff bookmarked, so if you have any questions let me know and I will look in my bag of tricks

I can't wait either!

Have Fun!

Mom23K'S.... Katrina, Karilyn & my angel Kristyn

My Blog, California Trip Report scroll all the way down
Lissete is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #3
Dis Ohana
All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.

Aloha! I am from Hawaii, so if you have any questions I'll try to answer as best as possible. Hale Koa is in Waikiki and is a very nice property. It's walking distance to all the shopping centers and right on the beach. You'll like Waikiki, lots going on all the time.
Try to get out of Waikiki too - there's lots to see and do around the island. We love to drive out to the North Shore of Oahu, there are beautiful beaches with nice shorebreaks to play in. The Dole Pineapple Center is out that way too, that's a nice little stop. You can get dole whips there . On your way to Sunset Beach you can stop at old Haleiwa town - have shave ice at Matsumoto store. You can't miss it...there's always a long line of people outside the door. ( http://www.northshore.com/visit/travel-itinerary.asp )
You should try to do a luau, there are lots in Waikiki but you could also do a day trip out to the Polynesian Cultural Center ( http://www.polynesia.com/ ).
You might want to visit the Arizona Memorial. ( http://www.nps.gov/usar/ ).
So much more to see and do here..but I have to get to work now!
Dis Ohana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #4
eeyore55
Earning My Ears

Did someone say Dole Whips? Then I'm definitely there! There is so much to see and do it seems my list will be longer than seven days. Pearl Harbor is a must because we lived near a survivor when I was growing up. Also have a luau and a polynesian revue at the hotel to get tickets for. I'm hoping that there is good public transportation and a tour desk that can get me to the PCC and the Dole Plantation, because I really don't want to rent a car. Thanks for the links...loved the web cam.
eeyore55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:02 PM   #5
Dis Ohana

Your travel agent or tour desk could set up a tour to PCC and anywhere else you want to go. Although our public transportation is pretty good, I wouldn't use it to go that far.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:04 PM   #6
Dis Ohana

posted twice. sorry

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: