Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2007, 07:06 AM   #31
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

I'm really enjoying your report. The house you rented is great! And I love your pictures.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:56 AM   #32
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Day 15: Monday, January 22

When I first heard about the Pirate and Princess Parties, I jumped for joy, because our last day was the first day of the parties! Oh yeah…we can GO! I planned out which park we would go to on each day, so that on the day of the party, we could relax, sleep in, etc. and be all refreshed for the long night. But…

…then came the Rock-n-Roller Coaster refurbishment. Bummer. That is one of our favorite rides. Oh…wait! It re-opens…on our last day! Yipee! We can still ride it, but we’ll have to schedule an MGM day along with our Pirate and Princess Party. Well, the kids think they are up to it, so that is the plan. At least we can relax between the two, right?

Well…

…remember that Trail Ride? The only opening they have left is…our last day! Okay…quick change in plans…

Go to MGM at opening…leave around 1:00 p.m….drive kids back to the villa….get to Fort Wilderness by 2:00…go on trail ride…get back to villa for a quick dinner…then head over to the Pirate and Princess Party. This will either work like a charm, or be a disaster. Time will tell…

We get up bright and early, excited to ride Rock-n-Roller Coaster. The kids try to talk me into Tower of Terror one more time, but hey, why mess with success? I’ll ride it next time. Probably. Maybe. Rock-n-Roller Coaster was great! It was my youngest son’s first time on it, and he really liked it!

We also caught the “Voyage of the Little Mermaid” show. My boys informed me that up until that point, they had been able to avoid it at all costs. But I had ‘em trapped. They actually enjoyed it. Okay, they tolerated it. But they were good sports.

Then we did a very fun…and unknown…thing. We had never been to the “Animation” thing before. It was really fun! We all got to try drawing Goofy.

If you have some down time, or are looking for a quiet activity, I’d recommend it.

There is also an area back there for photo ops…

We did the Rock-N-Roller Coaster again, then decided that we needed to head out. A short day at MGM, but we had to get going!

We got to the car quickly, since we were there at opening. I drove the kids back to the villa, and left for the campground. It was so nice to spend some alone time with my daughter. We had about ½ hour to wait after checking in, so we got to explore a bit. I just love the atmosphere over there.

My daughter had a great time on the ride. We were the last two in the line of horses, so the cast member who rides in the back talked to us a lot. She told us about the horses that were going to be used that evening in the Pirate and Princess party, and about the rehearsals that had taken place for it. Pretty interesting stuff!

Then it was back to the villa to get ready for the Pirate and Princess Party!

Yipee! Finally! We get to go to the Pirate and Princess Party.

I was so excited for this, as I thought it was a great ‘finale’ to a great trip. The boys went all out and dressed up with…eye patches.

DS15 had his own flair by being “Mutebeard the Pirate.” A lot of cast members asked about it, and his brother would tell the story of Mutebeard the Pirate, and how he lost his mouth in a battle. He wore it like that for the entire night!

The girls got into the spirit a bit more and dressed up…DD13 as Jasmine, and DD10 as Cinderella.

After getting our party wristbands, we received our ‘treasure’ bags and walked on the red carpet into the Magic Kingdom.

It looked fantastic! The lighting on Main Street was pretty, and all the cast members were already in ‘princess’ or ‘pirate’ character. We headed first over to Tomorrowland…and oh oh…was that a rain drop? Oh, well, it’s just a little sprinkle. We decided to see what the ‘loot’ was at the first “X” spot. We waited awhile, since they were still getting set up. While waiting in line, it started to rain heavier. I started to get worried that we were going to get very wet. The first “X” spot turned out to be some plastic beads. Oh well.

We took the quiet back walkway over to ToonTown, since it looked like there were some activities over there. Once we got there, it really started to downpour. I was so bummed…even more so because I left the ponchos in the van. WHY??? I do that all the time. I lug them down from Alaska, lug them to the parks…then leave them in the van. I decided that we had already invested enough time and money into the trip to not have it ruined by being soaking wet, so I head off to buy everyone Mickey ponchos. Ah…at least WE are dry.

We walked over to the Fantasyland and stood under the Teacups deciding what to do next. While we were there, the rain let up. Of course…after investing $40 in ponchos, the rain stops! Oh well…it was a good investment!!! We decided to go catch the first Pirate and Princess Parade. We found a great spot by the Hall of Presidents. We waited…and waited…and waited. Apparently the parade was delayed due to the wet pavement. That was okay…a cast member was being really funny, having us cheer and clap at random people when they walked by. And we booed at cast members. It was really funny.

Finally the parade started, and it was GREAT! Jasmine rode on a real horse.

Sleeping Beauty and Prince Philip danced.

The floats were huge.

The pirate floats were great. One had Tinkerbell…

…and one had Captain Jack!!

After the parade, we went on some rides. There were NO lines. We rode ‘Pirates of the Caribbean.’ Somehow, it was just more fun tonight!!!

Then it was time for the fireworks. WOW!!! They are by far the best fireworks we have ever seen at Disney. Absolutely amazing! At one point, it looks like the pirates are shooting off cannons from the castle! Then comes Tinkerbell to save the day! Just hearing the Pirates of the Caribbean theme music over the loudspeakers was wonderful!

We split up for awhile again, so the boys could ride rides, and me and the girls could meet characters. The girls got to meet Cinderella’s “Drizella and Anastasia.” We were told it was their first time out at a meet-and-greet…cool!

My DD13 was so excited to meet Jasmine and Aladdin…

…and DD10 was thrilled to meet Sleeping Beauty and Prince Philip…

There were great photo spots, too, like Cinderella’s glass coach…

During the evening, we stopped at other “X” spots and got lots of chocolate candy, which is always a good thing!

My daughters and I rode the carousel, and for our last ride of the trip, we chose “It’s a Small World.” There was NO ONE in the entire attraction…no one on the boats in front of us or behind us. I took the opportunity to take a lot of pictures, since I wouldn’t be bothering anyone.

We all decided that this was the BEST time we have had in the Magic Kingdom. It was so much fun. Usually we come during the off-season when the parks close early, and we don’t do EMH, so for us just to be in the park at night was a real treat. We really liked the Pirate and Princess theme. We didn’t want the night to end. Even though we had a very full day that started early, none of us were tired. We slowly walked out of the park…full of wonderful memories of a fantastic day, and a truly memorable vacation.

Next day: Back to the frozen arctic…
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2007, 04:00 AM   #33
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Day 16: Tuesday, January 23

We got up, and had to go buy an extra suitcase to get all our stuff home! We let the younger kids swim one more time, then spent the morning cleaning the villa and getting ready to leave. My son thought the vulture on the garbage was a really cool thing…

After loading up the van, we went to Downtown Disney for our traditional “Ghiradhelli Goodbye.” We got the Dark Chocolate Mint and Dark Chocolate Espresso sundaes. They were yummy! We also took my youngest son to the Lego store so he could buy a souvenir.

Well, it was time to go. We dropped off DS17 with the luggage, and went to return the rental van. After meeting up, we checked in and waited for our flight. We only had two flights this time, and no problems. We arrived home at midnight, and Dad was there waiting at the airport. It was so cold! One thing that helps get over the sadness of the trip ending, is seeing Dad and all the pets at home. We needed to get right to bed, as the kids had basketball and ballet in the afternoon.

We dropped into bed, dreaming of our next Disney vacation!

Thanks for reading my trip report!!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #34
slyjly
Mouseketeer

That was such a wonderful report! You have a very beautiful family, thank you for sharing your experiences!

May 2006- POR
Old 02-21-2007, 12:01 PM   #35
amytheobald
Mouseketeer

I read your entire trip report, thanks for sharing...you give me hope that my children will be enjoyable when they are teens.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:54 PM   #36
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Great report!!
Old 02-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #37
mamaT
Earning My Ears

That was a wonderful trip report!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 03:13 PM   #38
Katy
Mouseketeer

I loved your report. You have a wonderful family and the time you spent together is truly priceless!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:45 PM   #39
princesstigerlilly
Mouseketeer

What a great report! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us
Old 02-21-2007, 07:43 PM   #40
Disfan3
Viking Blood

cute TR

your pics are great!!

Glad you had a great time....
POR AB March 2007
Beach Club Sept '07,CR Tower September '09
SSR2BR March '10~~ Baby's first trip
Grand Floridian Club Level Feb '11...another 1st! return to GF Oct '11
Kidani Village '12 (big, fat family vacation!)
Sugarloaf Oct '12, Yacht Club CL 2013 FWF
Beach Club Villas '13

Old 02-21-2007, 09:51 PM   #41
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

After a small haitus from the boards, I'm glad I came back to see yours finished. I saw the weather last week in Alaska and you guys were warmer than Wisconsin. So stop your bellyaching. You sure had a great itinerary. I bet if you stayed on property your kids wouldn't have had as much fun playing pool, swimming in their own pool etc. One thing is strange though, is the black netting over the pools. I suppose it keeps the intense heat of the summer out, plus bugs, but why have it up during winter months?

So when are you going back?
Old 02-22-2007, 12:18 AM   #42
Katy Belle
DIS Veteran

I loved your report! Thanks for sharing so many photos or your great family with us!
Katy
Old 02-22-2007, 07:48 AM   #43
kimjordan
Earning My Ears

Great trip report, I really loved reading it and seeing all of your wonderful pictures!!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:21 AM   #44
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Great report! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

Allyson
Old 02-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #45
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing the magic. I loved it!
your pictures were awesome! Hope your
planning another disney adventure real
soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: