Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2007, 06:55 AM   #1
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

Costco vs AAA

In the past, we've always rebooked onboard and then transferred our reservation to our local AAA travel agent. This way, we would get the $200 onboard credit thru DCL and $75 onboard credit thru AAA for each cabin.

After reading previous thread about Costco and gift cards, I'm thinking that we would be better off using Costco instead of AAA. Does anyone know how does Costco determine the $$ amount on giftcard? Also, can you rebook onboard and transfer to Costco and still keep the $200 onboard credit thru DCL?

Thanks!
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:00 AM   #2
Quimby
Mouseketeer

I think Costco determines the Gift Card price based on the cruise price $$. When I have gotten previous quotes this is what I found...it may be different

$4000-$4500 = $350 gift Card
$4500-$5000 = $425 gift card
$5000 + = $500 Gift Card

My understanding is YES, you can tansfer your onboard ressie and your 10% discount and $200 onboard credit from DCL to Costco...May require a little coordinating..

Costco tavel isn't the easiest to get a hold of on the phone...I usually hold 5-10 min....You have to be on top of things and know exactly what you want to use them in my opinion.

Good Luck

DCL - 2/13/10 Wonder - Mexico
Quimby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

Thanks Quimby!
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
S&D MOM
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know how I transfer my reservations from Disney to Costco? Do I call Disney and ask them to transfer it? I rebooked while I was on board. I than called Costco who quoted me a higher price with a $500 gift card. Costco agent stated she could match Disney price and still give me the $500 gift card! Just didn't know how to go actually doing it?
S&D MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
disneyfan551
mrsG551
I LOVE to take photos!
A little Tinkerbell Tag ;-)
Should avoid flip-flopping

Bumping for more info! I rebooked onboard also, and have been thinking of transferring to Costco as well.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
winnyis
When angels visit us, we do not hear the rustle of wings, nor feel the feathery touch of the breast of a dove; but we know their presence by the love they create in our hearts.

What costco probably did was quote you using todays rates - not the rate you booked at. If you call costco and tell them you want to transfer your ressie to them - they will pull over your reservation at the rate you originally booked at and then give you a Costco giftcard on top of that based on what you paid. I have done it several times and all on board booking discounts and OBC's have gone through without a hitch.

Its a great deal. I plan on transferring my EB Repo cruise to them when it gets closer and that $500 gift card will surely come in handy. IMO better than some $200 OBC that some TA's are offering.

Ginny

August 2001 - Eastern, August 2002 - Western, November 2003 - Navigator of the Seas Western, August 2004 - Hurricane Francis 10 day Western, August 2005 - Panama Canal Repo Cruise, Sept 2006 - 10 Day Southern Carribean Wonder, November 2006 - Girls Only Carnival Cruise, March 2007 - 3 Day Wonder, Oct 2007- Girls Only RCI Soveriegn of the Seas, Nov 2007 - Thanksgiving on the Magic, August 2008 - Panama Canal Repo Cruise Again, October 2008 - Girls Only Carnival Inspiration, Oct 2009 - Girls Only Carnival Destiny, Oct , 2009 - Halloween on the Wonder; April , 2010 - Spring Break in Hawaii; Nov 2010 - Girls Only Carnival Destiny again; March 3, 2011, Disney Dream, August 16, 2011, Disney Dream

Upcoming Trips - June 2012 - 20th Anniversary trip to Maui and Oahu; June 27, 2013 - 12 Night Med cruise
winnyis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #7
Ub_Iwerks
DIS Veteran

Can you use a Disney Visa if you book with Costco Travel? I know that the Costco Store doesn't take Visa, but I like the Disney Visa's 6 month 0 percent interest on both deposit and final payment, plus the little onboard credit for using them.
Ub_Iwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #8
GooFy_4_DisnEy
Earning My Ears

Costco online takes Visa, MC, and Amex. So yes you can pay with a Disney Visa
GooFy_4_DisnEy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:30 PM   #9
kcashner
DIS Veteran

When transferring a reservation to a TA, you keep the original price you booked for (whatever the price was then less 10%) and the $200 stateroom credit. Everything you have already booked stays the same AND you can get whatever gift or bonus the TA may be providing.

You cannot combine the $50 Disney Visa stateroom credit with the $200 rebooking credit as they are both considered to be from Disney. You can combine the $200 rebooking credit with an onboard credit from a TA.

The most recent procedure I used to transfer a ressie was that I called the TA and gave him the ressie number. He then interfaced with DCL. About 2 years ago the procedure was different. At that time, I needed to get a number from the TA and then call DCL myself telling them to transfer to his number. In both cases, I then received another confirmation from the TA showing his information
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: