Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2007, 11:30 AM   #1
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun....Spirit of Aloha New Pg 2!

Now, we haven’t changed that much from last year…. a bit older, heavier and of course, wiser. 2007 promises to bring fun filled Disney adventures for us and marks the last full year that we have to vacation without regards to school. So grab yourself a “Bikini Martini” (recipe to follow) kick back and join in this years adventures!!

Bikini Martini
~ 1 oz coconut rum
~ 3/4 oz vodka
~ 1 oz pineapple juice
~ splash of grenadine

Shake rum, vodka and juice Bond style. Pour into your favorite martini glass and splash in the grenadine. Garnish with you favorite fruit. Adjust liquor amounts as necessary. Clothing optional.

Me, the still ravishingly beautiful wife (although packing quite a few more pounds than last year…gonna work it out though), adoring and devoted mother, and passionate Disney planner. Name: Vanessa, aka: V, Mommy and sometimes “step-mudder”, when Samantha doesn’t like what I am saying to her (reference: Cinderella). “V” is what most everyone calls me. Bad Girl Motto: Why be a gossiper when I can be a gossipee?

DH, the handsome, looks great in a pair of ball pants husband, dedicated and loving father, and probably has to have another beer to discuss Disney plans for the umpteenth time. Name: John, aka: Johnny, Charming or Daddy. I usually refer to him as Charming, unless of course, he has done something to be less than charming. Bad Boy Motto: …tbd, has a hard enough time keeping up with his three Bad Girls.

DD, the bright blue eyed, spirited - yet gorgeous - four year old princess, who is as passionate about Disney as her mother and who firmly believes we are real Royalty and that the “castle” is the Carlin Family’s vacation home (smart kid!). Name: Samantha, ska: (sometimes known as) Samantha Paige ~ strong emphasis on the Paige when she is not listening or doing something she should not be doing, which coincidentally is 99% of the time. (just kidding) Bad Girl Motto: I’m an angel, the horns are only there to keep the halo in place.

DD, the bright blue eyed, go with the flow, gorgeous almost two year old princess, who now yells “MICKEY” upon seeing the dear mouse. She is the souvenir of our May 2004 trip and she did stand for the first time on Castaway Cay – total Disney Babe all the way! Name: Haley, aka: Haley Baley. She now has aliases in the form of first and middle name when up to no good with her imaginative sister. Bad Girl Motto: Princess in training!

~ Sunday January 14, 2007 ~ 6 days following the GATORS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WIN! (OS WHO?)

On a whim last night we decided to hit the Magic Kingdom today. Ok, truth be told, I decided. If Charming had his way, it would have been to lie around watching the playoffs. Nope!

So last night I cleaned, did laundry, got the girls stuff for school ready so there would be no guilty feelings of “oops, forgot to get that done, I was at Disney World”….but really, Bad Girls never feel guilty.

I tried to sleep, but I was up at 4:30 waiting for the rest of the brood to stir. Watched a very interesting documentary on Eve….seems she was in fact, the original Bad Girl, not content in her Garden of Eden…..at least as far as this show was concerned. Heck, running around naked in a tropical paradise sure seems like my idea of fun…not sure I could give all that up for an apple. To each their own.

Now my plan, and I always have a plan, was to be AT the Magic Kingdom at rope drop. Since they opened at 9 am, this meant arriving at 8:30 thus leaving our house in Sarasota at 7am. Before retiring for bed, I had written up our detailed itinerary. What ride and when. I was very pleased with myself and was anxious to see just what we could get accomplished.

Well, after dragging everyone up, gassing up, we weren’t on the rode until 7:25 am…at 8:50 am we saw our first “Mickey Ear”…the electrical wire one….Charming thought maybe they would have a delay of game at the rope drop and it wouldn’t happen until we got there….no such luck. Amazingly enough (ok, maybe a tad bit over the speed limit) we were in the 16th row of parking at MK at 9:05 am, walked, ok slightly jogged, from our car to the monorail and made it into the park as the sun was no where to be found and the rain was in a slight, slight drizzle.

After reading “finger scan” mishaps on the board, I was subject to my finger not matching….the CM did not ask for my id or anything simply, after 4 tries, let me through. Now I know better than to get hung up with characters but upon entering we ran smack into Horace Horsecollar….with almost no line we got pictures and an autograph. Haley was more than happy to tell him goodbye.

Passed under the Main Street Railroad Station, grabbed park maps and a times guide…(not sure why, have this park memorized) and strutted our stuff down Main Street…as we passed I reminisced over the flower carts that used to be on the left side, my mom always made my sister have our photo there and this year for Christmas she blew one up and gave to me. I am not sure if the convenience of having all the stores connected beats an awesome photo spot. But hey, an extra 50 feet of merchandise over a silly bench with fake flowers? I can see the $$ signs in WDW’s eyes.

I decided to scrap my itinerary….we Carlin’s just are not the go by the book people. We headed towards Adventure Land….rode Aladdin’s Magic Carpets

view of the spitter from the carpets...

and Pirates of the Caribbean…(love me some Johnny, as in Depp).

On the way to POTC….we decided that the non ADR for lunch was not going to cut it. The misting that was still happening made us want to be indoors…so while I parked the stroller in a NEW parking area for POTC, I called 1-407-WDW-Dine and was able to get an ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern for 11:40 am…. Yes, V rocks.

Rode Pirates, via left side, singing all the way…skipped the Mr. Smee, Hook, Wendy and Pan meet and greets and headed to Thunder Mountain. Charming and Samantha rode TM while Haley and I went to change diapees…. No “r”…We headed to the bathroom at the back of Splash Mountain. Presently, Splash is closed for refurbishment. There are several large signs relaying the fact as well as two CM’s manning the joint. This sure doesn’t stop every guest passing by asking if Splash is open or what time to come back today….apparantly the lifeguards were off duty in certain gene pools.

We all got back at the same time. We decided to head over to Haunted Mansion before lunch. On the way we ran smack into Brer Bear and Brer Fox…notice that Brer Bear is a GATOR lover….he and Goofy always sport their orange and blue colors proudly!

Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!

Last edited by lillygator; 02-26-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

Haunted Mansion was a walk on. No line at all, the girls loved it….after HM it was just around 11:20 am…we started making our way to Liberty Tree Tavern. We were second checking in and waited in an empty waiting area.

Of course bathroom breaks were needed for V and Samantha and I could hear Haley complaining about it the whole time. (read, screaming) God forbid we get to do something that she doesn’t.

“We are now seating the Carlin Family from FLORIDA”….I can’t tell you how many Floridians were called before us (most), they used to add your city, but I guess that is a cutback. We were led to the right, up some stairs to a quaint, cozy room with a non-working fireplace. There was only one other couple in the room when we were seated. We got ourselves situated and Walter came by to deliver the menus and take our drink order. Sprite and milk for the girls, diet coke and coke for the grown ups….

Charming and I both decided upon the New England Clam Chowder to start and Charming also felt the need for some Tavern Fried Cheese with Marinara Sauce.

The chowder was a perfect blend and was really quite good…now keep in mind I am a native Floridian so the New Englander’s may have different thoughts on this. Charming loved the fried cheese and I was extremely fortuitous to score a log. It was very good. The perfect amount of fried greasy gooiness.

For entrees, I decided upon the The Tri-Corner, which is roast beef and swiss cheese with liberty slaw, horseradish cream sauce, and arugula served on herbed focaccia with tavern fries.

This was really very good although even with sauce on it, it was extremely dry due to the thickness of the bread. I think next time I will skip the chowder and go for the New England Pot Roast.

Charming went with the Old Glory, a 6 ounce burger topped with bacon and cheddar, served with French fried potatoes.

It was really juicy and Charming wolfed this down as well. He said it was very good.

Both girls had the kid’s meal pizza which came with apple slices as well as carrot and celery slices.

Now I don’t know about you, but when I get a pizza the furthest thing from my mind is some apples, carrots and celery…more like beer and football. The girls enjoyed the pizza and Haley ate almost all of hers.

The bill came to $46.95 (pre-tip) with the 20% DDE discount. Overall, we really liked this restaurant and will be back for lunch. We have been to the character dinner here and lunch was more relaxed, less rushed and an overall nice experience. The table next to us was a large round one which sat around 7. During our meal a family had been seated there. On our way out a woman at the table touched my arm and complimented me on the girls behavior. I was so touched. What a compliment. I think as a mother, I always see the imperfections in what I do or don’t do. It was a wonderful thing to hear and really made my day.
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2007, 11:48 AM   #3
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

Around 12:45 we were finished up with lunch and we decided to hike over to Tomorrowland. Big mistake. Huge! Our route took us through Fantasyland and my word, it was SWAMPED! Walked through Toontown and even Goofy’s Barnstormer had a wait, we’ve never seen a wait there (that I recall)! Took the back road into Tomorrowland and were greeted with mass chaos. It was like 5 tour busses just let the herds out. Space Mountain had an 80 minute wait, Buzz was 40 minutes, Astro Orbiter was 50 minutes…even the Wedway People Mover (I know, I know) had a line of people going up the escalator…no wait though, so we headed up and away we went.

It was pretty darn warm at this point and Charming was glad he had a Mickey Tee on underneath the Sparrow shirt!

After the ride we strolled back up Main Street, not really wanting to leave we took a chance with the Main Street Barber Shop and sure enough, a 5 minute wait. Princess Samantha was going to get her very first hair cut. Yes, she is 4 and no she’s never had a pair of snippers touch a hair on her head.

It was a tad challenging keeping her head straight, but somehow we managed. A couple inches off and a smattering of pixie dust and viola! She was presented with special mouse ears which were embroidered with “my first haircut” on the back. Samantha also received a special certificate and the CM packaged up her hair in tissue paper for a keepsake.

Charming decided to have a trim as well…at $17 for adults and $14 for kids, that’s probably gotta be one of the best bargains in all of Walt Disney World!

the before:

and after:

Now that everyone, well at least two, are neat and pretty we tooled around Main Street a bit and saw Gideon

and a new character for us, Victoria Trumpetto, a Main Street charcter performer. We got a picture and an autograph which she promptly sealed with a kiss….that’s a V touch there!

Felt like a salmon going upstream Main Street but we went over to Adventureland

bypassing the spitting camel and going on the Jungle Cruise….now we actually waited in line for this….a good 25 minutes in line! So unlike us, but what the heck. Now – this is a ride that is completely made by the driver and I am sorry to say our driver was about as impressive as a magician on the radio.

We were seated up at the front and even being right next to the CM, we could barely hear what was being said.
Haley was completed enthralled...

we made it through the "falls"....

and past the natives...

Unlucky for us our boat was stuck at the end for a good five minutes. I was more than ready to exit….after the cruise we decided to call it a day and head back home…Samantha wanted to go to her Disney home and was rather upset that we weren’t spending the night.

On our way out Clarabelle and Horace Horsecollar were out front doing meet and greets as was Daisy, Minnie and the rascally chipmunks Chip and Dale. We stopped to buy some Mickey head gummies and were on our way up the monorail ramp and back to our car. The princesses were asleep before we got past the Hess station.

Now all in all, even though the Magic Kingdom was very crowded (stupid me, wasn’t thinking about the holiday weekend) it was a fun day. We got to do a few things we hadn’t done before, which is always a winner in my book! We rarely come over for the day…I really love to hit the resort by early afternoon and you can’t easily do that when you are staying over! But no worries…only four more sleeps until we head over for Haley’s birthday weekend!
Old 01-28-2007, 02:04 PM   #4
mlill
Tagless since 2000!
Tagless, but not forgotten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
Felt like a salmon going upstream Main Street but we went over to Adventureland
LOL! That's a perfect analogy! My DH sometimes 'moos' when we are going the same way as a big crowd - like we're all a herd of cattle. (Yes, he get's dirty looks! ) Great start to your TR! I'm really enjoying it!

Take care,
-Michelle

P.S. Your girls are adorable!
Old 01-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #5
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

3 morse sleeps to WDW = much more obsession........DISNEY obsession.....what changes can I make at this point?

No values at rack, FL or AP rates available, so guess we are sticking with Caribbean Beach Resort.....Jamaica? Most definitely no, but hey it's 50 degress here......we can pretend.

So far for ADR's, in case ya'll are interested:

Thursday: PIRATE and princess party ----- Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner
Friday: Sci Fi Lunch, Luau Dinner
Saturday: Le Cellier Lunch, 1900 Park Fare Birthday Dinner
Sunday: Flame Tree and some Hooter Wings to Go for the "bowl"

YUM!! The Luau may be cancelled....on one end or the other...it has been cancelled the past few cold nights....
Old 02-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #6
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

Thursday February 1, 2007 ~ Bubble Gum Day ~ Hula in the Coola Day (sounds kinky) ~ the “I can’t believe my baby is going to be 2” trip!

So Thursday dawns, I have to make an appearance at work while my darling family sleeps in and lounges around doing nothing to be ready. I am overly anxious to leave but have a noon meeting. I am hoping to leave directly afterward….finally I can break free and I arrive home to find Charming (imagine nails on the chalkboard as I say this…..) has put he girls down for a nap and is cooking burgers…..

HELLO – people, we are going to DISNEY…..or did I forget to TELL YOU?

Men, ok, naps were supposed to happen along the drive over….oh well. The weather was looking crappy and I really felt like sitting down and having a good cry. I had been struggling with a career decision and finally made my choice today, something I am still wrestling with but must come to peace with eventually. I sat on the coffee table and decided, what the heck, lighten up, we’re going to Disney, not necessarily on my time schedule, but whatever….

2:15 pm and we are on the road. We stopped off at County Line Rd exit in Lakeland as my mom had a box of Disney goodies for us…two new Ariel pillows for the girls as well as sweatshirts and sweaters….may come in handy. And then, there is was:

And again:

I ran in to check in, while Charming and the girls waited in the car, it was raining at this point. Check in was very smooth and we had landed building #26, one of the closest to the food courts and main pool. Sweet!

So we were given room 2641 and basically had time to change and get the heck out of dodge to the party. We got to the room and wow – something major happened in this room. There were two “jello’s” out….room deodorizers. I did not see crime scene tape or blood stains and really had no time to question it, hopefully no one was horribly ill or anything.

Samantha pointed out our Disney boat....

Overall the room was ok, great location, nice corner with two large windows. Would we stay here again? Sure, not as a first choice….it wasn’t first choice for this trip either, it was ALL that was available aside from SSR.

We got decked out and headed out to the party….

the rain had stopped and we were thankful as we got into the car nice and dry.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #7
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

5pm we left for the party. I was convinced it would be rained out and I had wasted some $$......it actually was ok, in the beginning. We had 5:05 LTT reservations that we obviously weren’t going to make so I called and let them know. I had read about the limited food options at the party and was a tad worried but not much I could do. Ok, actually, in my mind I was FREAKED! But of course, portrayed otherwise. Finally around 5:20 we were at Guest Services and picking up our will call tickets. We entered and were greeted with a red carpet, treat bags and even a fog machine!!

We walked over to Adventure Land as the map said El Pirata y el Perico would be open….our fav ---------- YES TACO’S!!!! Unfortunately everything but the rides pretty much close down before the party starts. We walked onto Pirates…bypassed Hook and Mr. Smee meet and greet…and then wandered over to Frontierland….the fry wagon was closing (actually – they had given out the “last” fry!!) but Pecos Bill’s was still open! Yippeee..provisions! As much as I wanted to hold out for TACO’S….just could….not…..be…….done!

The kid’s selections pretty much bit the big one – ok, not pretty much….DID…sloppy joe’s (whoever put this on there obviously doesn’t have children or the need for a bib or to do laundry!!!) and chilled chicken - WTH??

So we got one kids chilled chicken with carrots, celery, grapes and applesauce and Sprite and milk and both Charming and I had the BBQ Pork Sandwich with fries and beans with Coke and Diet Coke…we ordered an extra side of fries for the girls to split. $29.62 and no dining card discount!

The sandwich was ok, but bland compared to Flame Tree BBQ and the roll was very dusty, beans ~ yuck and the fries were nice and crispy, just what my thighs need! Can I mix them with mayo and ketchup? (or catsup?) We, ok I, also took note of everyone around us and who walked by in the restaurant who did not have wristbands on. Quite a few people who wait until the last minute to eat and get the heck out of dodge.

This is terrible but there were so many stencil projections throughout the park. Pirate ships, hooks, crowns, etc. It was fantastic!

….also, throughout the park were different displays set up ~ sooooo cool!!

After filling our bellies ….we wandered over to Fantasyland and then Toontown where Charming and Samantha became Goofy’s Barnstormer Frequent Fliers, complete with a special card and Charming added the Cannibal Jack eyes to his wardrobe courtesy of the face painting stop

I had the girls in the stroller and went off to the restroom while Charming was getting duded up, we came back with FULL INTENT on getting the girls some face painting as well. There were three ~ THREE ~ 3 CM’s working….not one even looked up or over to us and there was NO ONE there, besides Charming in the chair. And honestly we would have paid $20 per kid for a heart on the cheek, but man, I was quite shocked, no, actually I was beyond shocked. But hey, I’ll spend my $$ elsewhere I guess.

This is an example of the party sites set up ----- X marks the spot!!

Old 02-12-2007, 06:40 PM   #8
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

….afterward it was time for the party to start – officially and finally!!!…we headed back to Fantasyland and caught the dance party with Sebastian and the two fish from Ariel…sorry, I never knew their names in the movie and still don’t know.

See - DD had a jacket on, it was COLD, and yes, aside from Charming, we are all NATIVES! While Charming and Princess Samantha were whooping it up with some wild looking fish, I was trying to find out where the RARE characters were....WELL....MR. CM, with Glasses - if you remember talking to me....you were full of.........

false info. We were directed to the High School Musical stage area for the nasty stepsisters......He was a handler so he knew better...and if he didn't "know" he should not have said!!

So, of course we high tail it to TL and of course...dead, empty, no lighting, so we rode Buzz 4 times!

Old 02-13-2007, 10:46 AM   #9
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
Presently, Splash is closed for refurbishment. There are several large signs relaying the fact as well as two CM’s manning the joint. This sure doesn’t stop every guest passing by asking if Splash is open or what time to come back today….apparantly the lifeguards were off duty in certain gene pools.

Who reads signs anyway?? They are just there for the heck of it!!
I think I work with people where the lifeguards are off duty in the gene pools.
I am lovin' your TR. Hmm I am going to have to try that drink this weekend.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #10
krismom
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

I found you again! And I'm still waiting for the rest of the cruise trippie- I love your reports, your DH is such a good sport!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #11
JJBEAN
Disney Lover!

Subscribing...can't wait to hear more!!

1999 - BW/Disney Magic (Honeymoon); 2001 - BC/Disney Wonder; 2005 - All-Star Movies/Pop;
2007 - Poly; 2008 - BWI; 2010 - BWI; 2011 - BC Villas; 2013 - Disney Fantasy & BC Villas; 2014 - Bay Lake Towers!!!; 2015 - Disney Fantasy!!!

Old 02-13-2007, 02:22 PM   #12
tubachick
DIS Veteran
Official DIS "good thread" popcorn supplier

love the pics from & party!!!
POP 10/12**CR 5/12**POP 2/12**POP 10/11**POP 7/11**POP 3/11**WL 1/11**WL 12/10**POP 10/10**CR 08/10**CSR 07/10** POP 05/10**POP 02/10 ** WL 11/09**WL 08/09**POP 06/09**POP 03/09** ASM 1/09**YC 8/08**ASM 4/08 **ASM 10/07**WL 9/07**DL/PP 4/2007**DCL 3/2007 ** CBR 3/2007**YC 8/2006**CBR 3/2006**CR 8/2005 ** WL (Honeymoon Suite)2/2005**WL(DISNEYMOON Concierge level) 4/2003**ASM 12/2000**ALS 1/2001
LAST! IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE!
Hail thee Babylonia, the goddess of women and all things fertile, and the landmark of the bathroom
Old 02-15-2007, 05:19 AM   #13
averill94
DIS Veteran

Wow youa re on a roll! Thanks for sharing.
That lunch at LTT looked good- I think we will check it out next time.
Pretty neat to see Sebastian- I've never seen him before.
Looking forward to more.
Thanks
Old 02-15-2007, 06:11 AM   #14
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

The girls are too adorable. Cannot wait to read more.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:22 PM   #15
lucas
°o°

Great report and pics!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: