Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
lilpixie
When I grow up, I want to be a Disney Princess

Fantasmic Dessert Buffet

Ok, so we are not going to DL in February, so I guess we have to wait until fall (I am so excited, I can't stand it) . . . so this gives me more time to plan the extras.
I know I have read threads about Fantasmic Dessert Buffet, but I couldn't find any recently.
Is it fun/worth the cost? Are there pictures of the desserts available?
My brother and his family will be going with us, so 2 nights we will switch taking all the kids back to the hotel so my dh and I can go to the park alone one night, while my brother and his wife go to the park one night by themselves. So this would be a perfect time for hubby and me to go to the dessert buffet(I don't think I'd fork over the money for my 3 little ones plus the 2 of us to do the buffet).
Any info would be appreciated
lilpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #2
Daveland
Daveland

I did the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet last summer. I am not really into crowds, and have never stopped to see Fantasmic because of all the strollers, rude people, etc. that line the Rivers of America. I very much enjoyed watching the show from the Disney Gallery; this alone would make it worth it, as the vantage is great from the balcony up there. The dessert buffet was very nice too; a huge selection of sweets, cakes, and fresh fruit, and the staff was very attentive to the guests there that evening. Thumbs up here from Daveland!

Dave
http://davelandweb.com/disneyland
Daveland is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #3
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

If I recall right the cost is like 60 per person for it. might be more, but I believe it's 60. Desserts vary depending on which area you get balcony may have a bit more upscale things, and riverside more like choco strawberries, and cookies.
Lostgirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:29 PM   #4
AskTheChief
Mouseketeer

Well worth it, IMO. I think it's about $55 now. I prefer the riverfront seating with kids, but for just adults, the balcony is great and there are better desserts instead of just "hand held" ones.

Dh, Me, Ds1(6), Ds2(3), Dd(2)

I've been SWAKed. I'm taking antibiotics and using OINTMENT (per the directions of AZmickeyfans) and am contacting all past boyfriends to alert them of possible infection.
AskTheChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

For two adults, the balcony seating would be perfect. We have done this twice and both times were served a variety of desserts that included: cheesecake, chocolate torte, assorted pastries and creme puffs, Mickey Rice Krispy treats, cheese, crackers, fruit and beverages (hot chocolate, tea, coffee, sodas, ice water and non alcoholic mint juleps). You serve yourself from the buffet and cms bring and replinish your beverages. There is seating for around 18-20 up there and they group the chairs in little clusters, each one getting a small table. Even if you are in the back row, the view is wonderful. You arrive around 30 minutes before showtime so that you have time to eat and settle in before it starts. Its a real splurge and worth every penny!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: