Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
prince&princess
Mouseketeer

so many questions

Hi im hoping all you Disney brides can help us. We are just starting to plan our fairytale wedding and have so many questions and are sure this is the place to find the answers.
1. Can a wishes cruise the evening of our wedding count towards our minimum for a custom wedding? And what about hair and make up?
2. Does the MK photoshoot have to be done by a Disney photographer?
3. Is there anywhere to go in the evening where plays music and maybe has a little dancefloor and that welcomes kids?
4. Can I wear my dress on the wishes cruise?
5. With the intimate wedding you get a toast and cake cutting reception included on a balcony somewhere in the GF, where exactly is this and can you have this with a custom wedding?
And for anyone from the UK like me that has had or is planning a Disney wedding
1. I know you can only book a custom wedding 8 months before, did you book this at the same time as your flight and accomodation or do that before? Were worried about getting the exact date we want and being able to get the flights and accomodation we want.
Thankyou all sorry there are so many questions.

Sept 05 WDW Bahama Bay
June 06 WDW Bahama Bay
Nov 06 DLP Newport Bay
May 07 DLC Knottsberry Farm
July 07 DLP Disneyland Hotel
Sept 08 WDW Grand Floridian (Our Disney wedding!!)

Last edited by prince&princess; 01-25-2007 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Just read u can book a custom 1 yr b4 is this right Im sure it said on the DFTW site 1 yr for intimate and 8 mths for custom
prince&princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:57 AM   #2
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

hi
i'm in essex planning our wedding for 08!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
prince&princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs View Post
hi
i'm in essex planning our wedding for 08!!!
Were planning for 08 too. Whereabouts are you?

Sept 05 WDW Bahama Bay
June 06 WDW Bahama Bay
Nov 06 DLP Newport Bay
Old 01-25-2007, 01:48 PM   #4
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Hi! Here are the answers I know:

Hair & makeup do not count toward minimums because they are no longer Disney-provided services. Disney just gives you a list of outside vendors they recommend.

The MK photoshoot has to be done by a Disney photographer.

Intimate weddings have their cake-and-champagne receptions at Commanders Terrace in the Grand Floridian. Not sure whether customs can have theirs there.

Cheers!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #5
prince&princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Hi! Here are the answers I know:

Hair & makeup do not count toward minimums because they are no longer Disney-provided services. Disney just gives you a list of outside vendors they recommend.

The MK photoshoot has to be done by a Disney photographer.

Intimate weddings have their cake-and-champagne receptions at Commanders Terrace in the Grand Floridian. Not sure whether customs can have theirs there.

Cheers!
Thanks for your help

Sept 05 WDW Bahama Bay
June 06 WDW Bahama Bay
Nov 06 DLP Newport Bay
Old 01-25-2007, 03:10 PM   #6
jasnal
Mouseketeer

The MK photo shoot must be done by a disney photographer. You can wear your wedding dress on a wishes cruise.

July 26, 2007

My planning Journal:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....anning+journal
jasnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:21 PM   #7
disprincessatheart
I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

FOr a custom wedding you do your cake cutting at your reception, which can be almost anywere on DIsney property that you want. there are places at the Grand Floridian that you can use, or in one of the parks or at any of the other resorts - the options are almost too much! FOr a custom wedding you have to spend at least $75 per person on food and drinks, including cake and champagne if you want them.

As far as music and dancing, you'd plan that into your reception so you'd have whatever you wanted. I don't think there are any public places to dance where they'd allow kids.

As far as the 8 months - if you do a custom and you do part of your day in a park, you can book at 12 months.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:15 AM   #8
dee slack
DIS Veteran

we booked our flights and accomodation last September for Dec '07 and are still waiting for our Intimate VR to be confirmed. We figured that there are a certain amount of flights and they seem to get booked up soon, whereas the ceremony in theory could be changed by a day or 2 either side and/or the time could be changed as well if really necessary.

Disney Vow Renewal Wedding Pavilion Dec 13th 2007
Visited EVERY Disney park on the planet!!

Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer & Canada 05/02 *Florida 12/02*tour of Italy 05/03 *Kenya safari 12/03 *US S'west states 05/04 *Dubai 12/04 *China & HK 05/05 *Barbados & Royal Clipper 12/05 *Sth Africa, Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 05/06 *India 12/ 06 *Iceland 05/07 *Florida 12/07 (VR) & 10/10* Baltic Cruise 05/11*Tanzania safari 12/11 * tour of Turkey 05/12* Japan tour & TDR 10/12* DCL EBTA 5/13 * HKDL, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand & Singapore 04/14 * Norway 5/14
dee slack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:28 AM   #9
orangetiggs

we are in brentwood! We abouts are you?

We cant book ours yet as we want october but i'm hoping to catch disney weddings in a good mood come 18 months out and see if we can just be penciled in for you date!
Old 01-26-2007, 09:09 AM   #10
prince&princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs View Post
we are in brentwood! We abouts are you?
We cant book ours yet as we want october but i'm hoping to catch disney weddings in a good mood come 18 months out and see if we can just be penciled in for you date!
We are in Stanford-Le-Hope so not too far from you. Are you having an intimate or custom?

Sept 05 WDW Bahama Bay
June 06 WDW Bahama Bay
Nov 06 DLP Newport Bay
Old 01-26-2007, 09:23 AM   #11
ChocolateMouse
For the love of the mouse... and chocolate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince&princess View Post
1. Can a wishes cruise the evening of our wedding count towards our minimum for a custom wedding? And what about hair and make up?
I asked that question and the answer is no, it does not count towards the minimum spending required. The only way it can count is if you book an Illuminations or Fantasmic dessert party, which also counts towards your food and beverage minimum spending per guest. So if your catered dinner is only $80, you can spend the other $20 on a dessert party to get your minimum of $100/person.

Quote:
Yes!

Quote:
5. With the intimate wedding you get a toast and cake cutting reception included on a balcony somewhere in the GF, where exactly is this and can you have this with a custom wedding?
Is that GF location only when you get married in the wedding pavillion or for all locations? I would think with five locations and several timeslots per day, brides would run into each other if only one cake cutting location was used. From what I can see, that location in the GF is fairly small so your custom wedding guests may not all fit there.

With a Custom, I think the reception is more traditional so your cake cutting comes at the end of your meal.

I've booked an Intimate, but due to unexpected circumstances I may be upgrading to a Custom. I'm still learning about Custom weddings right now.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:23 AM   #12
Gradar1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi im hoping all you Disney brides can help us. We are just starting to plan our fairytale wedding and have so many questions and are sure this is the place to find the answers.
2. Does the MK photoshoot have to be done by a Disney photographer?
3. Is there anywhere to go in the evening where plays music and maybe has a little dancefloor and that welcomes kids?
And for anyone from the UK like me that has had or is planning a Disney wedding
1. I know you can only book a custom wedding 8 months before, did you book this at the same time as your flight and accomodation or do that before? Were worried about getting the exact date we want and being able to get the flights and accomodation we want.
Thankyou all sorry there are so many questions.
I think I can help you a bit:
2. Yes--an MK photoshoot must be done by Disney.
3. I'm really not sure--if you have a custom reception, there are lots of places to go. But if not, the only other real place I can think of is Pleasure Island, but that doesn't welcome kids.
4. Yes, you can.
5. As others have said, with a custom wedding, you do your cake cutting at your reception location.

And btw, you can book customs 12 months out. Intimates are limited generally to 8 months.
March 2001 - off site
March 2002 - All Star Music
November 2003 - All Star Sports
March 2005 - Disneyland Paris
Gradar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:59 AM   #13
orangetiggs

we started wanting an intimate but then more people said they would come so we are now looking at a custom, I much prefer to do a custom as you can choose so much.
We want an illuminations dessert party and of course cindys carriage!

What are you going for?

I purchased my first wedding thing yesterday my veil!!! It was in the sale so I just had to have it even though I havent ordered my dress yet but it matches so I'm happy, Its a really pale pink and I tried to find one that was cheaper before christmas and noone had any pale pink ones and then I got back from holiday this week and it was in the sale (I tried it on with my dress) so my mum purchased it
Old 01-26-2007, 12:09 PM   #14
prince&princess
Mouseketeer

More than likely a custom. There will only be around 12 of us going so can have either but I want so many extras and specific bouquet and cake and things so a custom will probably work out better.
Do you mind me asking where youre getting your dress from? All the bridal shops near us have got such a poor selection so Im looking to go further out but dont know where to go.

Sept 05 WDW Bahama Bay
June 06 WDW Bahama Bay
Nov 06 DLP Newport Bay
Old 01-26-2007, 12:26 PM   #15
orangetiggs

its called matchmaker here in brentwood, there is a good one in billericay called rose room, i found them very helpful unlike confetti and lace in lakeside they were the worst

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: