Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #1
4boysrus
Proud momma to 4 boys.

The "Goodest Vacation Ever" Trip Report! Part 7: The Final Goodbye

Last night my 3 year old said to me that this was going to be the "goodest vacation ever." At that moment, I knew what I'd name my TR (and well PTR too).

I'll start out by introducing our cast...

First of all there is me, Melissa, the mom.

Then we have the dh, KJ.

And last, but definately not least, we have our brood of boys.

Michael (7) , Matthew (5) , Max (3) , and Miles (9 months)

We are all very excited about this trip, because it is a first to WDW for ALL of us!

We will be at WDW from 2/11-2/17. We have 2 rooms booked at Pop Century and have the MYW tics with park-hopper and DDP.

I heard about the Dis from my friend Allyson (MomofCKJ). I had no idea how hooked I'd become though. Several times a day you can find me surfing the Dis gathering info. I've even become a member of the Focker Watchers. I'm also a TGM'er, and I'm loving him as well. So much useful information!

I've got to go for now, but I'll be back later with more on our Itinerary and ADRs and lots more fun stuff!

Last edited by 4boysrus; 03-03-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
4boysrus
Proud momma to 4 boys.

I am having the goodest time getting excited about the trip. It makes me feel like a child even more than I already do and I like it. Without Melissa, this trip would not be happening, so I am proud of her being determined and organized in executing and planning our first/biggest/goodest vacation ever. Keep up the great work.

KJ
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #3
4boysrus
Proud momma to 4 boys.

My dh hijacked the thread, but I love him anyway.

Now it's time to talk about the fun stuff!

Let's start with the Itinerary.

We'll leave home on Saturday 2/10 and drive down to Orlando. That night we are staying offsite, 2 miles from WDW.

Early Sunday 2/11 we'll head to Pop and check in. We'll leave our bags and head straight over to MK. The goal is to try and get there before 10 a.m. We're going to head to AK around 2 and hang out til closing. Then back to hotel for an early night.

Monday 2/12 we'll head back to MK for a few hours. Plan to be there at rope drop this day. We'll head back to the rooms for a rest and then head to MGM for a few hours.

Tuesday 2/13 a.m. is AK. After lunch we'll head back to the room for a rest . That evening we're going to MK for SpectroMagic and Wishes.

Wednesday 2/14 a.m. we'll head to MGM. After our afternoon rest, we are heading over to the Polynesian for the Aloha Luau.

Thursday 2/15 a.m. is Epcot. We'll hang out here for as long as we can then head back to the room for a break. Then we'll head to DD for a while that evening.

Friday 2/16 a.m. is back to MK for a few hours. Then we'll head to MGM in the afternoon for dinner and Fantasmic.

Saturday 2/17 a.m. we'll check out early and then head off to MK for a few hours before we head home.

So, there you have it. All of my days are GREEN according to TGM , except for MK on Tuesday night. But it is SpectroMagic so I don't think he ever gives a green for that!

I'll be back later to post our ADR's and get some advice on CS!
Old 01-24-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
Blaynexox
DIS Veteran

Loving the beginning of your pretrippie! We will be there the same time as you! We are going Feb 13th - Feb 23rd! Your plans so far sound great! You had only 18 days! I have 20! Cant wait to read more - it will make me doubly excited for my trip!

Me and DFiance -
First Trip to Disney Feb. 13th - 23rd 2007!

Me and DFiance
2 Week Disneymoon Oct. 4 - 18th 2011!!
Old 01-24-2007, 08:01 PM   #5
4boysrus
Proud momma to 4 boys.

This trip ended up being almost spur of the moment. We'd planned on trying to make it WDW sometime in '07, but we weren't sure when it would happen. My dh got a surprise end of the year bonus so we decided to book the trip for as soon as possible. I was stressed about trying to get ADR's only 40 days before the trip but we got lucky and were able to get all that we wanted. Well, mostly.

Now let's talk FOOD!

Since our kiddos are still so young, we knew that we wanted atleast 1 character meal. We also knew that we should try and do our TS meals at lunch or early evening. We know from experience not to try and do a sit down meal when they are tired. Not a pretty sight to see 4 tired boys and 2 stressed parents trying to have a meal.

So, this is what we ended up with for our TS meals....

Monday 2/12 12p.m. Whispering Canyon Cafe

Tuesday 2/13 8a.m. Donalds Breakfastosaurus

Wednesday 2/14 5:15p.m. Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

Thursday 2/15 12:20p.m. Garden Grill Character Lunch

Friday 2/16 3:40p.m. Hollywood & Vine (Fantasmic Package)

I wanted Mama Melrose for our Fantasmic Pkg, but it was booked. Other than that we ended up getting everything that we wanted. I was really torn between the Aloha and the Hoop De Doo. We discussed it as a family and we all decided on the Luau.

Now for CS....

I'm trying to compile a list of several CS for each park so that when we are ready to eat we don't end up eating somewhere that's not good.

So far I know that we will visit Pizza Planet in MGM and Earl of Sandwich at D.D. Other than that I'm open to suggestions.

Next up will be our lists of "must do's".
Old 01-26-2007, 09:42 PM   #6
4boysrus
Proud momma to 4 boys.

Considering this is a very first trip for all of us, we want to see it ALL and do it ALL , but we are reasonable people so we have made some "must do/must see" lists. I figure if we can do all the stuff on our lists, then everything else is will be icing on the cake .

We sat down as a family and watched the planning dvd and looked over the rides and attractions on the disney website and picked the best of the best (well, our best of the best anyway).

I asked the 3 older boys to pick 3 things each that they HAD to do before they left Disney and here is what they came up with...

Max (3)
Living Seas with Nemo and Friends
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Pirates of the Caribbean

Matthew (5)
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Splash Mountain
Tower Of Terror (i know that my little daredevil will love it too!)

Michael (7)
Rock N Roller Coaster
Splash Mountain
Test Track

All the Other Musts
Space Mountain
Winnie The Pooh
It's A Small World
Dumbo
Mad Tea Party
Mickey's Country House
Goofy's Barnstormer
Philharmagic
Cinderella's Golden Carousel
Soarin'
Star Tours
Lights, Motor, Action Stunt Show
Kilimanjaro Safari
Pangani Exploration Trail
Expedition Everest

The "If We Have the Time" List
Peter Pan
Aladdin
Big Thunder Mountain
Jungle Cruise
Haunted Mansion
Stitch's Great Escape
Mission Space
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Show
Dinosaur
It's Tough To Be A Bug
Maharajah Jungle Trek

Now, I have to get off of here, because my mom just called to say that my sister in law is in labor!! WOO HOO!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
4boysrus
Proud momma to 4 boys.

The excitement is really building here.

I've done lots of research and planning in the last 35 days. I will say that I am glad that this is a quick turn around trip. We only had a 44 day wait, and I don't think I could have handled any longer. Unfortunately, I won't get so lucky next time. That's right. We are already talking about going back and we haven't even made the first trip yet!

Anyway, back to THIS trip.

I'd heard great things about TGM and the Dis , so these were my first stops after I booked with Jessica from The Magic For Less. With 4 small kiddos, I can't imagine going to Disney and trying to wing it. We really need to be able to minimize our wait times, and maximize the fun.

I also purchased the book "Walt Disney World with Kids 2007" to supplement TGM. It had some good info and tips for travelling with kids.

I bought a baggallini messenger bag, got new crocs for all of us, swiped some LGMHPC's from HD , and ordered the boys some autograph books with pens and the new '07 guest badges.

I am in the process of copying down all the important info and tips, as well as ADR's, onto index cards to take with us. I've checked out gardengrocer and have my list ready to place my order on Wednesday. I've also ordered gift baskets for the boys to be delivered to our room before we arrive.

I have a list for walmart that grows daily. I plan on making that trip this weekend since we'll be leaving as the next weekend begins.

I'm in the process of dragging out some warm weather clothes and getting them ready to go . Gonna wait til the middle of next week to pack our clothes so that hopefully I can stick to packing just the stuff that we really need. Hoping for nice, clear, sunny weather in the mid 70's. That's not asking too much is it?

I can't believe that we are almost to the single digit days!!!!

And, if you read my previous post, you saw that my SIL was in labor. I am now a (first time) PROUD Aunt to little 8lbs 2oz Damion. I couldn't be more in love if he were my own!
Old 01-30-2007, 01:55 PM   #8
panek9995
Earning My Ears

We're counting down too.

Where did you order gift baskets for the boys from? This sounds like something that I may want to do for the kids too. I can't believe your trip is almost here.
Amy
Old 01-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #9
4boysrus
Proud momma to 4 boys.

I got them from http://www.memoriesbysarah.com/baskets.html

She is pretty reasonable with prices compared to some of the others I've seen.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #10
Blaynexox
DIS Veteran

First of all, I want to say CONGRATULATIONS on your nephew!! Thats wonderful! Also let me just remind you OUR TRIPS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!! Of course only 12 days for you and for me it is 13 and a wake up!! How excited are you? Because i am pretty EXCITED! I know what you mean though about having to wait longer. We are actually in that same boat. We only had 3 months to wait and now we are already talking about ANOTHER trip and we haven't even gone on this one yet! That trip will probably not be for a year though, however I wish it could be in June! Cant wait to read more and cant wait to DISNEY!

Me and DFiance -
First Trip to Disney Feb. 13th - 23rd 2007!

Me and DFiance
2 Week Disneymoon Oct. 4 - 18th 2011!!
Old 01-30-2007, 02:07 PM   #11
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Well you know I am signing on Melissa! I love a good trippie! Best way to pass the time till the next trip.

And you must move Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to your must do list, I think the boys would love it!

Honestly using TGM, and the week you are going, I don't think you'll have trouble accoplishing it all.

Allyson
Old 01-31-2007, 04:35 PM   #12
Plau
Earning My Ears

Hollywood and Vine will be Great!

We have done Mama Melrose and Hollywood and Vine with the Fantasmic Package and H&V is our favorite. In fact, whenever we take first timer's to Fantasmic that is where we make our ressies. In fact we are going with my son's principal's family for Spring Break and the Fantasmic Dinner Package is our Christmas Gift to them. We couldn't think of a better place for this dinner. Enjoy!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:38 PM   #13
Plau
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

ANother Thought from me. I totally agree that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad should become a Must Do. It may be my favorite roller coaster in all of WDW. But I love them all.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:39 PM   #14
4boysrus
Proud momma to 4 boys.

We're doing the single digit dance here today!

I can't believe it really. 9 DAYS!!!!! Of course, it'll be 10 days before we actually check in to Pop , but in 9 days we'll be just 2 miles away from Disney. Ready to go the next morning. Why do I have a feeling these next 9 days are gonna go super sloooooooooow ?

Of course this morning Max (3) woke up with a fever. I'm reinforcing lots of hand washing and making sure everyone is taking their vitamins. I'm also trying to keep Max quarantine (nearly impossible!) since everytime someone gets sick around here, it makes its rounds. I really hope that he is feeling better quickly. He isn't complaining of any pains or aches, so maybe it's a 24hr thing?!?! I just hope he is better before we pull out of the driveway and that no one else catches whatever it is.

I'm down to the last few preparations for the trip. I've ordered my food from gardengrocer, the gift baskets are ready and paid for, I've finished transferring my notes onto index cards, and I've got my shopping list ready. All that's left is the actual shopping, laminating my info cards, and packing!

I can't believe that I'm finally going to DISNEY WORLD!!! I've always wanted to go, and now I'm 9 days out. EEK!!!!! Oh yeah, and I'm happy for my dh and kids too.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #15
4boysrus
Proud momma to 4 boys.

Here is a picture of the gift baskets I had made up.....

pirate mickey basket for Matthew
football pluto basket for Michael
Stitch basket for Max
baby Mickey basket for Miles

I also want to send a big shout out to Sarah http://www.memoriesbysarah.com/baskets.html for making them. I was able to personalize them the way that I wanted and keep them in my price range. There'll be a bow added and a note from Mickey and friends welcoming them to WDW as well. I can't wait for them to see the baskets!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: