Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #1846
luvsmickeymouse
Opt to Adopt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
Here are my two biggest pets!!

Skippy and Ivan say..."do you think anyone will recognize us in our super hero masks??"

LOL! Great picture!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #1847
shellbelle11
Mouseketeer

I can't believe how big Nali and Jonas have gotten! Michelle, I love the bath picture! He looks like he can't wait to get out of the tub and get dried off! I can't believe he's already 14 lbs! Lucie was over 5 months before she got that big!

I took her to my parents' house yesterday to enjoy the backyard. I love my apartment complex, lots of trees and grass.. but there's nothing like having a backyard to relax in. Lucie is a little sun goddess and is more than happy to go over there! I'm continuing to play with the settings on the camera... still confusing learning it all, but I think I'm slowly getting bettter.

This one was caught mid-yawn.. it makes me laugh

Michelle
shellbelle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #1848
My2Girls66
DIS Veteran

One of my 5 kitties.
Taken w/new 35mm f/1.8

Susan
My2Girls66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #1849
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Ok...this looks like Kacie is eating poor Jonas...but no puppies were harmed in the taking of this photo!!

My beautiful Princess Kacie...

Give me your stick!!!

Seriously Kid...this is MY STICK!!!

Old 06-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #1850
megan69487
Earning My Ears

Not a great quality shot, but he just looked SO cute!!!

megan69487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #1851
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Here's an update on our "Fab Five" of cats.

My favorite cat, Murray died less than two months after this pic was taken. He just made it to a year old. The vet still has no idea what killed him, but it was a nasty disease.

Murray - April 2008 -April 2009

The four we have left are doing fine, and the baby Jack has officially had his Feral Cat License revoked. I'll post an updated pic of Jack later. (The other three haven't changed much )

So now we have the "Fab Four" but DH is still angling to get another cat...

kaffinito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #1852
MarinaAndCharlie
Photopass Photographer Spring 2010!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
Here's an update on our "Fab Five" of cats.

My favorite cat, Murray died less than two months after this pic was taken. He just made it to a year old. The vet still has no idea what killed him, but it was a nasty disease.
Im so sorry to hear about Murray.
MarinaAndCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #1853
PhotobearSam
Extraordinaire!
Took 1245 trip pictures!!
Bébé, Moozer, Chewie, & Jax's Mom

I am so sorry about Murray. That must have been so hard to go through. Our best friend just had to put her 16 yr old cat down and she was devastated. I can't even imagine what you must have been through. Thank goodness you gave Murray so much love.

Our 4 children Kitties.... Bébé (1992-2012 , Moozer (1992-2011) Chewie (6) & Jax (4) photobearsam@rogers.com
16 trips so far next one January 14-16 2013 at ASSports for a mini trip. I can't wait to go back. I have been Sprung by Hixski
To clarify one of my TAGS...I took 1245 pics on our trip to WDW in 2001. This was pre-digital and all pics were on FILM!
PhotobearSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #1854
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaAndCharlie View Post
Im so sorry to hear about Murray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotobearSam View Post
I am so sorry about Murray. That must have been so hard to go through. Our best friend just had to put her 16 yr old cat down and she was devastated. I can't even imagine what you must have been through. Thank goodness you gave Murray so much love.
Thanks guys. Yes, it was hard, but at least I know that Murray got the best care, and that his vet and I pushed it as long as we could. I do miss him terribly though.

Here's a recent photo of the no-longer-feral cat Jack. He's a constant companion of mine, and stills squeals like a fax machine instead of meowing. Weirdest noise you ever heard from a cat! He's almost a year old now, and is pretty good sized - around 9 pounds.

kaffinito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #1855
Big Vic
DIS Veteran

A couple of pics of the boys.

Earnhardt

Dusty (Mad at me for not throwing his tennis ball)

Old 06-13-2009, 05:27 AM   #1856
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Sweet, Vic. Love their names.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:00 AM   #1857
oogieboogieman
Mouseketeer

I probably shouldn't post this under the "Photographing Pets" thread but this is what I found on Thursday morning......

I was at work and this little guy was outside in the rain Thursday morning yelling at 2am. I tried to capture him and of course he ran. He later followed me to my truck and I was lucky enough to catch him and kept him in my backpack until my wife could bring me the pet carrier. That morning we had approx. 8 inches of rain with lots of thunder and lightening. The odd thing is there are no homes within 3 miles of my warehouse. He has no fleas, very sharp little claws, using the litter box, and dosen't smell like he's been out in the wild. He has little kitty breath. He also eats and drinks like a little piggy!!!

He's at our house and we are trying to find him a good home.
oogieboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #1858
diznylnd
The Happiest place on Earth!

OMG too cute!

Disneyland AP Holders, 1st trip WDW 9-16-04
1st cruise: Wonder 4 Day 9-12-04, 2nd cruise: Magic 14 Day Repo CA to FL 8-20-05, 3rd cruise: Wonder 10 Day 9-7-06, 4th cruise: Magic Christmas 12-3-2009 :Disney Magic Halloween 10-30-2010: Wonder Thanksgiving 2011
Mickeys Halloween Treat DCA 10-29-05,MHT 10-27-06, MHT 10-26-07, MTTP 10-3-08, MHP 10-1-2010
, MNSSHP WDW 10-21-2007
diznylnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #1859
PhotobearSam
Extraordinaire!
Took 1245 trip pictures!!
Bébé, Moozer, Chewie, & Jax's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by oogieboogieman View Post
I probably shouldn't post this under the "Photographing Pets" thread but this is what I found on Thursday morning......

I was at work and this little guy was outside in the rain Thursday morning yelling at 2am. I tried to capture him and of course he ran. He later followed me to my truck and I was lucky enough to catch him and kept him in my backpack until my wife could bring me the pet carrier. That morning we had approx. 8 inches of rain with lots of thunder and lightening. The odd thing is there are no homes within 3 miles of my warehouse. He has no fleas, very sharp little claws, using the litter box, and dosen't smell like he's been out in the wild. He has little kitty breath. He also eats and drinks like a little piggy!!!

He's at our house and we are trying to find him a good home.

Our Chewie was found like that too....And we kept him. I could not let go of a cutie like this one...He's gorgeous. I want a black cat I can name Vader...but I am at my limit with 4 at the moment. LOL Thanks for doing this. You are an angel.

Our 4 children Kitties.... Bébé (1992-2012 , Moozer (1992-2011) Chewie (6) & Jax (4) photobearsam@rogers.com
16 trips so far next one January 14-16 2013 at ASSports for a mini trip. I can't wait to go back. I have been Sprung by Hixski
To clarify one of my TAGS...I took 1245 pics on our trip to WDW in 2001. This was pre-digital and all pics were on FILM!
PhotobearSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #1860
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

DH failed to mention that he phoned me at 5 AM, in a HORRENDOUS storm, to ask me for the cat carrier. Then he proceeded to stick the cat in the carrier and put the carrier back in MY car, effectively making the cat MY problem!

We also have 2 adult female cats already. Which puts us in a prickly spot to keep a THIRD cat, when our lease restricts us to ONE pet. The vet says this little cat is very healthy. He gave us the name of a rescue group that might be able to take the cat (for a donation, to offset their costs). DH and DS do not WANT to turn the cat over to a rescue group.

So there you have it.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: