Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #751
december
DIS Veteran

I am so glad to hear this! I bought a Cinderella dress from mydressuptrunk.com months ago after hearing about it on this site, but it is still in the plastic bag. It is for Halloween and our Thanksgiving trip. dd(will be 8) is planning to wear it on the plane. We have a 4:30 adr at 1900 Park Fare, then on to the 11/16 MVMCP. I think she'll make it fine if the dress is that comfortable! Now if the princess crocs will come out before our trip, we'll be set.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #752
joy13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
I am so glad to hear this! I bought a Cinderella dress from mydressuptrunk.com months ago after hearing about it on this site, but it is still in the plastic bag. It is for Halloween and our Thanksgiving trip. dd(will be 8) is planning to wear it on the plane. We have a 4:30 adr at 1900 Park Fare, then on to the 11/16 MVMCP. I think she'll make it fine if the dress is that comfortable! Now if the princess crocs will come out before our trip, we'll be set.
What is this you say about Princess crocs?????

I am thinking about changing my ressie. We are going 9/21 and I have a reservation for 5:30 for the MNSSHP, where DD is going as Tinkerbelle, but we also have 12:55 ressies for lunch at CRT and I think I may see if I can get her in for that and bring along a Cinderella dress for that. I didn't want her hair to get messed up, but now that I read it stays in so nicely, I think I'll try it. We also had an incident at the mall last week where a little girl was in a Princess dress and Maddie went nuts that she didn't have one on too, I don't want that to happen at CRT!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #753
december
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post

I am thinking about changing my ressie. We are going 9/21 and I have a reservation for 5:30 for the MNSSHP, where DD is going as Tinkerbelle, but we also have 12:55 ressies for lunch at CRT and I think I may see if I can get her in for that and bring along a Cinderella dress for that. I didn't want her hair to get messed up, but now that I read it stays in so nicely, I think I'll try it. We also had an incident at the mall last week where a little girl was in a Princess dress and Maddie went nuts that she didn't have one on too, I don't want that to happen at CRT!

The different disney crocs have been rumored for awhile. We have had the Mickey head ones for months, and Pirates have just come out. I'm hoping Princess ones are next!
Old 05-22-2007, 04:55 PM   #754
joy13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
The different disney crocs have been rumored for awhile. We have had the Mickey head ones for months, and Pirates have just come out. I'm hoping Princess ones are next!
That would be awesome! I just went to that website and put the Cinderella dress on my favorites - I am definately ordering that dress for our trip!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #755
graygables
Doesn't like to discuss the Y2K Picante Sauce thing
I ran away to London (as in England) when I was 17. We lived in Tulsa (as in Oklahoma) at the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post

My 8yo had hers done last year with the Pop Princess. At night, I would just take out the 'bling' and slip off the colored bit of hair (it was on a ponytail rubber band). The next morning, all we had to do was put the colored bit back around, fluff it, give it a little hairspray, stick in the bling and she looked like she'd just had it done. She wore it for THREE days, swimming pool and all. I've asked DD what they use and she just says, "Oh, high-powered pixie dust!"
Old 05-23-2007, 09:01 AM   #756
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

I'm so excited. I just booked 5 girls and 1 boy for the MK location. As always, the Disney CM was so nice and it got me even more excited about doing this with my kids and my nieces! He scheduled the 2 who wanted the Crown pkg first, then 10 minutes later he has the 3 who wanted the coach, and then 10 minutes after that he has my son for the "cool dude". That way they should all finish up at the same time! Hopefully! Very excited. Thanks for all the pictures and information from this thread - it's great!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:14 PM   #757
mexican-mouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl'smama View Post
This may be a little silly, but has anyone's DD or what not had the princess hair do, even with short hair? My DD's hair is chin length and very sweet on her. We and she, have no desire to grow it any longer than it is. Has anyone seen how they do the princess hair style with short hair? It can't go up in a bun, so I am not sure what they would do?

TIA, Suz
My dd has shorter hair and since the GIT couldnīt gather it all on top of her hair without half of it falling down, she split her hair with a comb and just gathered the upper half. It wasnīt the best look, but it worked and DD didnīt mind at all.

Of course when DD cut her hair on her own in december, my first thought was the BBB appointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
Can anyone tell me if they have posted the hours of the new BBB in MK? I am trying so hard to work on my itenerary for our trip in Dec. I have only a couple of weeks left until I can make all my ressies and I really need to book this on the 180 mark.
Thanks in advance for your help!!
We have a ressie for 10/4 at 8:00 am, so they do open early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancer_survivor_06 View Post
1~the nail polish is a like a clear coat glitter and yes it dries fast.
They used to have only the clear coat glitter in pinkinsh, blueish and greenish, but much to my dismay 2 weeks ago they had hot pinl, almost red, nail polish , and of course DD had to pick that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze12 View Post
OH, another question. Does she get dressed at the hotel or at the boutique/salon?? What is easier do you think?? Or is something special done while they are getting dressed?
Many little girls get dressed in the restroom that is in the same section of the store at the BBB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktturner View Post
while we're on the topic. . . Mandy, looking behind your beautiful daughter I see those wonderful slippers. Do you know if there is somewhere I can find ones like that? I keep finding the hard plastic dress up shoes that would be no good for disney. Those slippers look more comfortable. . . or ideas of something different?
My DD has those pink slippers and they are still sold at the WOD store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktturner View Post
those are really cute, and they have pink and white! We buy lots of Target shoes, but i haven't seen those in the stores yet. I'll go check again, before I pay shipping! THanks!
I just bought some of those off ebay NWT and they only cost $ 3.99 plus $ 3.99 shipping, and they were the Circo brand too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethnburke View Post
A few questions... I just booked DD4 at BBB for the hair and makeup pkg at 11:00am June 29. I will be taking her straight to GF for the Alice in Wonderland Tea Party at 1:30. Will we have enough time?
If they are running late at the BBB you might not make it, we had ressies for 3 girls for 5/4 at 3:30, checked in at 3:15 and my DD (the last one to be admitted) got asigned a GIT at 4:45, so we barely had time to make it to our Park Fare ressie at the GF at 6:00 pm, and we only made it because there was a coach at the bus stop and he got us some direct transportation to the GF (Disney Magic at its best), because the bus goes to PI stop, then Typhoon Lagoon, and then heads to the GF, so it can take you about an hr to get to the hotel, and more if you have a long wait for the bus.

Quote:
Also what do they give the girls to take home? I remember seeing something about a princess bag with some stuff in it but I cant find it again.
They get the makeup palette, the fake nails or nail polish (depends on the supplies they have), a pack of face jewel stickers and their invitation.

D
Quote:
o we need to bring a comb or do they provide one? Ive seen it mentioned both ways and Im wondering which is right.
Last september they provided a black comb, this time we were asked to bring our own at the time of booking, so bring your own.
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
My DD2 (who will be almost 3 at the time we visit) and my DD4 both have fairly sensitive heads. They do fine with haircuts, and okay with regular styling of their hair (better for Grammy than for Mommy, but I digress) but I was just wondering for those of you who have been there - how hard do they brush/style their hair?. The Fairytale princess looks so secure and from what I have read appears to hold up for a long time. So my question is, how hard do they brush/pull their hair to get it up there? Thanks.
They donīt pull that hard, but I think that the elastic might be a bit tight and pull their eyes, you know the I-canīt-close-my-eyes kind of pull? I guess depends on how much girl do girls have.

DH Me Dd 11 Dd 5 Dd 3

Old 05-24-2007, 02:05 PM   #758
MommaPooh217
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Suess

Sam and Kiley's BBB Princess Makeover

Hi All,

The very nice Rebecca314 put together a beautiful video of my DD's Sam and Kiley's BBB makeover from Sept 06. Please feel free to take at peek at :

And many many thanks to Rebecca314 for all her time and effort (and hair pulling ) she put into this making of this video for my family. Enjoy everyone.

Blessed Be,
Tina

Cayden's Mom Mom
Old 05-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #759
joy13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaPooh217 View Post
Hi All,

The very nice Rebecca314 put together a beautiful video of my DD's Sam and Kiley's BBB makeover from Sept 06. Please feel free to take at peek at :

And many many thanks to Rebecca314 for all her time and effort (and hair pulling ) she put into this making of this video for my family. Enjoy everyone.

Blessed Be,
Tina
Great video! I love the song too.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:47 PM   #760
ktturner
With a Smile and a Song

This is wonderful. . .wow.. . .you're really making it hard for me to hold in this surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out my pretrippie! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post19545511

WL in July! We can't wait!
CBR June 2006 --DDs first trip, first with DH!
Poly May 1995--last pre-marriage family trip
About 20 times growing up, off property
Old 05-24-2007, 09:49 PM   #761
Mad4Mickey
All SINGLE Firemen have a MARRIED wife at home
Well loved by the Tagliarchy
It makes me wonder who is in charge of the yellow stickers

I mean no disrespect , I have tried to read the thread but it is so big and what I saw up to page 6 was no african american hair being done .
My DN is half and her hair is kinda wild ; )
She would love this but I dont want to get there and them not do it and have her thrilled and looking forward to it .
Old 05-24-2007, 09:56 PM   #762
cancer_survivor_06
DIS Veteran

She will be able to go and they will be able to do any of the three hairstyles that she would choose. I don't have any pics personally I believe a couple have been listed but I am not sure right now. You will have to make sure her hair is brushed when you arrive.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:57 PM   #763
joy13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Mickey View Post
I mean no disrespect , I have tried to read the thread but it is so big and what I saw up to page 6 was no african american hair being done .
She would love this but I dont want to get there and them not do it and have her thrilled and looking forward to it .
I would think they could do the diva or pop princess pretty easily, maybe you can call and find out.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #764
graygables
Doesn't like to discuss the Y2K Picante Sauce thing
I ran away to London (as in England) when I was 17. We lived in Tulsa (as in Oklahoma) at the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Mickey View Post
My DD who is a Fairy Godmother In Training at the moment has done all kinds of hair already, including some Princesses with highly textured hair. If it can be pulled up in a ponytail, it can be done! They have all kinds of magical stuff that they use to whip it into shape.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:07 PM   #765
CampbellScot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post
I have, twice!

Trust me when I say I was quite leery but the way it was handled at the BBB really impressed me. In the photo below, my daughter had indvidual braids I had done as she went back to school later in the week. Her braids had been freshly-washed the day before so when she got to the salon she had 'clean' hair. She got the Fairytale Princess style.

It took two FGM's In Training to style her hair because they had to get it all on the top of her head with a thick black ponytail holder, then secured it with bobby pins. The style lasted for 5+ days like this even when she swam!

For the second visit right after Christmas of last year, she got the Coach package and her hair done in the Disney Diva style. She had cornrows which were done on the Disney Cruise Line but her hair was left out in the back. The stylist had no problem fashioning it into the hairstyle. Here was the result:

This stylist didn't do my daughter's hair 'directly' but she was next to the stylist working on my daughter's hair. She offered assistance in how to get her hair up in the Fairytale Princess style. She also complimented me on doing my daughter's individual braids! When I was there in December, there were two black stylists in the room. There is another lady who is biracial but she wasn't there in December. She was in August though.

The two times I went I did see Bronner Brother's products (spritz and pomade). If the stylist doesn't know (and they usually do), emphasize that you don't want anything water-based on your daughter's hair if it's pressed or chemically relaxed. Since my daughter had braids/cornrows, I instructed them to use spray leave-in conditioner. The stylists are very good about asking you first what product you'd like put in your child's hair.

Also, another FYI I found out when I made a BBB appointment for my daughter in April, you must bring your own brush and comb.

Your daughter is going to love the BBB!
Mad4Mickey Does this help? You just didn't look far enough into the thread!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: