Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #121
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

June 28, 2007 - Another great meal...

Entering

Appetizers

Ahi Tuna Flatbread
- not offered often - wonderful

Crab

Sushi - custom order (again)

Sashimi

Last edited by ehagerty; 01-31-2008 at 09:54 PM.
ehagerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:27 PM   #122
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

June 28, 2007 - Entrees

Pork Tenderloin

Swordfish

Filet

Halibut

Last edited by ehagerty; 01-31-2008 at 09:45 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2007, 11:40 PM   #123
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

June 28, 2007 - Yellowfin Tuna 3 Ways (Again, I know)

...but I like it so....

Yoshe and the sushi seating

Click here to go to the next set of pictures

Last edited by ehagerty; 05-13-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:43 PM   #124
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Chef Jens

Always friendly, helpful, accessible - look for him in the kitchen - let him know how much you enjoy the meal!

Old 07-12-2007, 07:41 AM   #125
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

what fantastic pictures, thanks for posting them

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:23 PM   #126
flagrandma
Mouseketeer

Great pics. We were there the end of May. Our first tripto the world!! My husband, daughter, granddaughter and myself ate there the first night. The pics bring back wonderful memories. The food and the view were spectacular!!

May 2007 - Contemporary
August 2012 - Wilderness Lodge
August 2013 - Royal Pacific Resort (Universal)
flagrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #127
Briar_Rose
Mouseketeer

DH and I are going in Sept and it will be our first time to CG. All of the entrees look amazing. If you had to pick one or two which were your favorites? Were there any that you were less than thrilled about? We are both fairly adventurous eaters. I am not a big fan of mushrooms though (DH likes them).
POFQ/AKL August 04 1st Anniversary
WDW Sept 07
Briar_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #128
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Tough choices, to be sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar_Rose View Post
DH and I are going in Sept and it will be our first time to CG. All of the entrees look amazing. If you had to pick one or two which were your favorites? Were there any that you were less than thrilled about? We are both fairly adventurous eaters. I am not a big fan of mushrooms though (DH likes them).
The filet is wonderful - but it IS filet. If you particularly like filet - and are not particularly fond of fish - this would be my recommendation.

The pork tenderloin is the signature dish. I had a taste from the plate displayed here - it was great - and if you love pork tenderloin, get this.

I happen to like fish. Chef Jens came from the Flying Fish. I think the combinations of sauces and accompaniments (thank goodness for spell check) with the fish are truly inspired. I cook fish 3-4 times a week (whatever is fresh at Wegman's - the Disney of grocery stores) and I love fish. Actually, I like everything - but I usually go with whatever Chef recommends - after all, accounting for my personal preferences, who would know better?? Remember, he is accessible, friendly, etc. - if he is not there, your server can ask whoever IS there what they recommend. The key is not to seek or act on a blind recommendation, but give them enough input to help you choose from the selections within that range.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:20 PM   #129
Schucraig
Disney World is my World!

Thanks for all the great pictures and info!
Old 07-19-2007, 11:37 AM   #130
curiouser
Keep believing, keep pretending...

Once again, your pictures have me in awe!! I aspire to your level of food photography! I had all your tips running through my head while I was photographing our meal at CG.

I am still learning and taking pictures of as much food as I can for practice, but nothing quite photographs like the food at California Grill.

Forgive me, because I know I've asked this before.. but I think I recall that you are using a Digital Rebel? What type of lens?
curiouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #131
Goofy_4_WDW
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed your pictures so much
Thank you!!!!!
08/09 POLY , 8/10 GF SL 8/11 GF SL

Goofy_4_WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:58 PM   #132
CindeBella
Mouseketeer

I am so excited about the CA Grill now! I'm on the phone now trying to change our ADR's to sunset rather than viewing the fireworks!

Thanks for posting
Old 07-19-2007, 08:03 PM   #133
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Camera info

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouser View Post
Once again, your pictures have me in awe!! I aspire to your level of food photography! I had all your tips running through my head while I was photographing our meal at CG.

I am still learning and taking pictures of as much food as I can for practice, but nothing quite photographs like the food at California Grill.

Forgive me, because I know I've asked this before.. but I think I recall that you are using a Digital Rebel? What type of lens?
Most of the pictures were taken with the 28-135 IS lens. The rest were taken with the lens that came with the camera. I think for food, the "IS" (image stabilizer) feature isn't that noticeable - although it definitely is for really low light, like fireworks.

I agree that the CG food is artistic - therefore very photo-worthy.

Will you be posting the pictures??

Last edited by ehagerty; 07-20-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:36 AM   #134
curiouser
Keep believing, keep pretending...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Most of the pictures were taken with the 28-135 IS lens. The rest were taken with the lens that came with the camera. I think for food, the "IS" (image stabilizer) feature isn't that noticeable - although it definitely is for really low light, light fireworks.

I agree that the CG food is artistic - therefore very photo-worthy.

Will you be posting the pictures??
All of our dining photos are in my dining review, linked in my signature. But if you want a direct link to the CG review and photos it is here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1438757&page=4

When we went to CG we had only owned the camera a grand total of a week so I did a lot of experimenting.
curiouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #135
Briar_Rose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
The filet is wonderful - but it IS filet. If you particularly like filet - and are not particularly fond of fish - this would be my recommendation.

The pork tenderloin is the signature dish. I had a taste from the plate displayed here - it was great - and if you love pork tenderloin, get this.

I happen to like fish. Chef Jens came from the Flying Fish. I think the combinations of sauces and accompaniments (thank goodness for spell check) with the fish are truly inspired. I cook fish 3-4 times a week (whatever is fresh at Wegman's - the Disney of grocery stores) and I love fish. Actually, I like everything - but I usually go with whatever Chef recommends - after all, accounting for my personal preferences, who would know better?? Remember, he is accessible, friendly, etc. - if he is not there, your server can ask whoever IS there what they recommend. The key is not to seek or act on a blind recommendation, but give them enough input to help you choose from the selections within that range.
Thanks so much for your help. That is great advice. Maybe we will just ask for the chef's recommendation since we like everything you mentioned- unless something really jumps out at us. It sounds like we really can't go wrong either way.
POFQ/AKL August 04 1st Anniversary
WDW Sept 07
Briar_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: