Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2007, 09:28 AM   #1
DEBDENBD
Earning My Ears

"Free" instant & unlimited FASTPASS - "best kept Disney secret"?

We just returned from our 1st Disney vacation. On the 4th day of our trip we passed by the DVC stand at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. As my kids & I shopped my husband spoke with the DVC representative...

As incentive for visiting the DVC presentation, we were offered a free, 4-day instant & unlimited FASTPASS . The rep said the presentation lasted 45 minutes and on-site care would be provided free for the kids while adults took the tour.

Since we were on day 4 of our 5-day trip we turned the offer down, but had we known the first or even 2nd day this would have been a great blessing and allowed us to go on SO many more attractions! My husband talked with the DVC rep because he couldn't believe the lady was serious and she stated the free Fast pass was "THE best kept secret at Disney". While getting in Fastpass lines I'd noticed some people had a lanyard with a plastic Fastpass on the end, but when I asked the CM at line, they would just reply, "it's a special kind of Fastpass" and dismiss my curiosity.

So in hopes of making somebody else's Disney vacation more magical I'm posting this info... I don't know if it was an offer just for us or even one that the public's supposed to know about, but I would definitely stop by the DVC desk and ASK them what's in it for me?
DEBDENBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
1Prince2Princesses
Please don't jump on the bed with pickles in your mouth
I personally think it would be hilarious to chuck a chicken into the shower
Why hello, my little snugglemuffin

What an awesome thing to know! It would be worth the presentation to get that for the entire trip. How cool!
1Prince2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
happymommy
DIS Veteran

Staying at the BWV and definitely going to check this out in March! Plus, I want to get into the vacation club - DH says no way. Maybe he'll change his mind! That is so cool - thanks!

Previous WDW vacations include:
CR as a child with parents 1992 offsite twice 1993 Honeymoon GF 1995 BC 1996 SOG 2000 GF 2001 BWV 2003 (spring break) CR 2003 (summer) AKL 2003 (Christmas break including NYE) AKL concierge 2005 summer BWV 2006 April Swan 2006 August Dolphin 2007 March AKL 2007 August Dolphin 2008 March 7 Night Western on the Magic
2008 August (The Dark Side) PBH 2008 Dec BWI 2009 March Swan 2010 March Offsite (Grande Vista) 2010 December BWV plus 2 nights Marriott's Harbour Lake and 3 bonus nights snowed in at the Aiport Renaissance 2011 March Offsite (Marriott's Harbour Lake) 2012 August Offsite (Marriott's Grande Vista and Sabal Palms) March 2014 BWV
happymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #4
Monkeyfeet
Mouseketeer

Sorry, what is DVC? Can you bring your child with you for the tour? I would not be comfortable leaving her with strangers.
Monkeyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #5
Monkeyfeet
Mouseketeer

Also, we will be going to WDW on a Sunday and just hitting DTD. It would be great to get these on that day. Do you know if they are always there?
Monkeyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #6
ncbyrne
DIS Veteran

I wonder if the Fastpass is dated? Anyone know the details?
2000 - Offsite, Grosvenor, Dixie Landings
2002 (May) Calypso Cay
2002 (Sept) Wyndham Palms
2004 (May) Holiday Inn (DD), Dolphin, Sheraton Safari
2004 (Nov) All Stars Music
2005 (Oct) Coronado Springs, Best Western (DD)
2007 (Aug) POP
2010 (Sept) POFQ, Royal Plaza (DD)
2012 (Oct) Embassy Suites, POFQ
2013 (Sept) Carribean Beach
ncbyrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #7
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!
Sofa surfed the PC and now the TA on DCL
And … Sofa surfing the world on DCL with my DIS friends

Could the lanyards you saw be med/light blue in colour? Those could be the dream fastpasses. These are giving out as a dream by the Million dreams sqaud.

I know that DVC has given out non-designated fastpasses for taking the tour in the past, meaning not limited to which ride or time you use them. But the fastpass was generally a one time use item. So you could have been offered a set of 4 non-designated fastpasses.

Pj
1976 off-site camping, & 24 years later '00 CBR, '01 CBR, '01 Xmas ASMus, '02 DCL Wonder & POR, 2004 DCL Eastern & PopC, DVC SSR '04-'54(10/04@SSR, 04/05@OKW - F&GF, 10/05@OKW F&WF-Solo, 12/06 WLV Solo, 10/07 SSR, 12/07 AKV solo), 12/06 CC Double Dip~Magic (A lovely bunch of DISer's), 10/07~DCL Magic, the sister ships meet at Nassau, 05/08 DCL Panama Canal Repo-WB & DLR GC, B-Day F&WF Solo Sept '08, DCL Wonder 4 day and SSR 02/09, BB 3 day Wonder fall'09, DCL WBTA Repo '10, Dream Hallo'cruise 10/11

pjpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:29 PM   #8
DEBDENBD
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpoohbear View Post
Could the lanyards you saw be med/light blue in colour? Those could be the dream fastpasses. These are giving out as a dream by the Million dreams sqaud.

I know that DVC has given out non-designated fastpasses for taking the tour in the past, meaning not limited to which ride or time you use them. But the fastpass was generally a one time use item. So you could have been offered a set of 4 non-designated fastpasses.

Pj
Yes! the lanyards were blue in color and had little tabs (like file folders) around the outsides... The way the DVC lady explained, she said we could use it any ride, in any park for four whole days (it sounded almost too good to be true) she kept saying, imagine being able to go on Space Mountain (the kids' fav. ride) ALL NIGHT LONG with no wait!! Maybe she was offering us a DREAM!!??

About childcare, she said you could leave your kids in their care on-site, supervised. I got the impression you could take them or leave them, your choice, but again we did not go on the tour so I don't know for sure.
DEBDENBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:55 PM   #9
Faerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBDENBD View Post
Yes! the lanyards were blue in color and had little tabs (like file folders) around the outsides... The way the DVC lady explained, she said we could use it any ride, in any park for four whole days (it sounded almost too good to be true) she kept saying, imagine being able to go on Space Mountain (the kids' fav. ride) ALL NIGHT LONG with no wait!! Maybe she was offering us a DREAM!!??

About childcare, she said you could leave your kids in their care on-site, supervised. I got the impression you could take them or leave them, your choice, but again we did not go on the tour so I don't know for sure.
I did the DVC presentation and got the fast passes. They were good for 4 days but only for three attractions.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:06 PM   #10
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:10 PM   #11
FutureSailor
Mouseketeer

Anyone else done this? I agree an unlimited fastpass would be worth going to the presentation, especially since we are thinking about DVC, but probably wouldn't do the presentation this upcoming trip (too short) unless we would get the unlimited fastpass . . .
FutureSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #12
NoKatMom
Earning My Ears

WE recently returned from DW and had the presentation. My kids went to the childcare area while my husband and I sat through the talk. The kids loved the play area and I felt very safe with them there. We were given one card per person that was good for 3 instant fastpasses. So if you would fast pass a ride the fast pass return time would show immediately even if the board time showed a return in 3 hours. They were good for a couple of days but again were only good for 3 rides.
WDW 2004 POR
WDW 2006-07 New Year's trip POR
NoKatMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:59 PM   #13
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Disney and Universal and Six Flags have all had various forms of fast passes.

This snap off tab idea, probably started with the Year Of A Million Dreams promotion, might catch on as a method of giving deluxe resort guests more perks.

(Did the timeshare prize actually have seven tabs although only three could be used one-time each for any purpose?)

Now I am tempted to go to a timeshare presentation just to get one of those things for a souvenir in case the YOAMD folks don't tap me on the shoulder.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm
Old 01-22-2007, 02:27 PM   #14
NoKatMom
Earning My Ears

The timeshare fast passes were just like a credit card or park ticket that you put into the fast pass machines and it would spit the paper out. After we used the last one, something printed out on the fast pass itself along the lines that it was the last pass available on that card.
WDW 2004 POR
WDW 2006-07 New Year's trip POR
NoKatMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:05 PM   #15
disguy1
Mouseketeer

i did go on that DVC tour, was about 45mins at SSR last November 06. I received the fast passes & it was awsome...lasted the 4 days we had remaining at WDW..just like a credit card and it was an instant fast pass at most rides. You insert the card in the machine and out comes the pass, ready to go on ride right away!!..we were lovin life..and no, we did not bye DVC.. ;-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: