Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2007, 10:59 PM   #1
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

The Mousekafreak Returns to the World!

Dun-Duh-Duh-Duh!!! Hear ye, Hear ye the next Mousekafreak's trip report shall now commence!

I just returned last night from a 5 night stay at Pop Century Resort with my Sister-In-Law, Ashley. We had an amazing time and I am ready to write a full report!

Cast of Characters:
Lin (me)- Obsessive Disney Freak, nicknamed Mousekafreak by my best friend. Find my “Happy Place” as soon as the plane takes off. Disney Store Assistant Manager.

Ashley (DSL)- Another Disney Fan, we are a family full of them! Music teacher who is also the newest member of our family.

Pop Century and the rest of the World...and a brief but entertaining stint at the Orlando International Airport...

Time:
January 10th-15th, 2007

Synopsis:
Our crazy, post-holiday stress, much needed, pixie-dust filled, relaxed and wonderful husband-free vacation. Its not that we didn't want the guys to come...they just couldn't get off work!

First Act to Commence Shortly!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:09 PM   #2
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

Prolouge:

I have yet to upload my pictures onto the computer and I can't remember how...so let me start by telling you all how this trip came to be.

Back in late September I get the Disney Itch...that insatiable itch to be back at the World that simply won't go away. The boards were full of people planning their Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party trips and I was so sad not to have a trip in the works. Particullarly because I was heading rapidly into the busiest and most stressful part of the year for me at work. I knew I needed something to both take my mind off of the craziness and to look forward to after the season ended. So, I started dropping the Disney hint to my DH, Chris. Chris, though he loves Disney, wasn't ready to go again since we were there in June and he didn't want to use any more vacation so I sort of dropped the hint to my sister-in-law Ashley who was also itching for a trip. I guess we were persistent enough because finally Chris and his brother Andrew gave in and we got to book our trip!

The original plan was to stay at Port Orleans but after crunching the numbers we realized that we could stay an extra day/night if we stayed at Pop.

So, the next few months were full of Dis-surfing, Guidebook reading, and anticipation for January 10th.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2007, 07:14 AM   #3
DonnaLeah
Enjoys a refreshing margarita with popcorn

Can't wait for the rest of your report!!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #4
lyzziesmom
Ask me about my short attention sp.... ooooh, shiny!!
But never fear! My hiney is comfortably and adequately covered
I've been known to attack my mom's cat with a handful of q-tips

Great start! I can't wait to hear more.

Mmmm, Beverly!! Mmmm, Pirates!!

<-- This only looks like a princess hat. It is really my dunce cap in disguise.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #5
Tinkerbell_Girl

I can't wait to read the rest!

Old 01-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #6
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

Ugh! I'm having a horrible time uploading my pictures to snapfish! I have a few on there and might write a little anyways! Sorry for the delay!
Old 01-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #7
ForTheLoveofDisney

The person everyone wants on their team when playing Disney Trivia.
The DIS=Group Therapy

Lin,
Great start!!

I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks for sharing!

Happily owning a Piece of the Magic since 2002
Disney: For those who “get it”, no explanation is necessary, and for those who don’t, no explanation will do.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:19 PM   #8
DisneyFan06
I think I can pretty much draw the entire Magic Kingdom with my eyes closed
I since turned a new leaf and will no longer eat it

Loving it so far!

Daddy and Son Exploring the World
Old 01-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #9
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

Act One:
Scene One:

I took the 10th off of work so that I could pack and prepare for our trip. This of course turned into my sleeping in a lot longer than expected and then frantically trying to pack, running to the cleaners for my coat, getting some stuff at the grocery store and going to the bank, and of course Dis-ing much longer than I should have. I thought our flight was at 6:50PM only to find out when Ashley called to confirm when I was picking her up that it was actually at 6:20! Yikes, I had not planned on that! So I frantically threw whatever else I thought I might need into my suitcase and ran out the door to pick her up at 3:30…and I was only 15 minutes late! Gotta love traffic.

From Ashley’s apartment we headed towards my moms house so we could drop off my car and she could take us to the airport. I had forgotten to call my mom and tell her about our flight time update so when we arrived my mom was taking her time. But, we made it to the airport on time and even had time for a cinnamon and sugar pretzel before getting on the plane. The pretzel was a great start to the rest of the nutritious cuisine we had while in the World!

The flight down was uneventful. We had fun discovering the wonders of the SkyMall magazine (that thing cracks me up) before settling in with out MP3 players for the remainder of the flight.

We got to MCO and of course went the wrong direction to catch Magical Express but were easily directed to the correct area by a representative that they have placed there because so many people go the wrong direction. Glad I’m not alone! The bus driver was quite funny and made the trip both relaxing and enjoyable. It was interesting to note that they have not updated the Magical Express video, its still all about The Happiest Celebration on Earth and goes into a bit about Cinderellabration. One poor little girl got all excited about seeing it and I didn’t have the heart to turn around and tell her that it wasn’t there anymore!

Pop was the first stop on the ME bus and we were in, checked in and headed towards our room in a matter of minutes. Our luggage arrived just a little before midnight and we settled in for a nights sleep before heading out early the next morning!
Old 01-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #10
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I see your "ear's, did you win them as a YOAMD or buy them.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #11
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I see your "ear's, did you win them as a YOAMD or buy them.
Those are actually the old school bridal ears! But, stay tuned to find out what YOAMD dream did occur!

It is interesting to note that you can't buy the light blue ears with the clouds, only win them. The ones you can buy are navy with silver ears that light up...and are 15.00! I passed on those.

Good to have you aboard!
Old 01-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #12
Davidsmommy
DIS Veteran

I'm squinting at your pics to see if we ran into you! We were also at Pop Jan 10 - 17 (just got home - haven't updated my trippie yet - maybe tomorrow). Beautiful weather we had, huh?! Loved it!

We were in the 50's building - C section room 3310 - You probably saw me hissing at my son to stop running into people......
Old 01-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #13
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidsmommy View Post
I'm squinting at your pics to see if we ran into you! We were also at Pop Jan 10 - 17 (just got home - haven't updated my trippie yet - maybe tomorrow). Beautiful weather we had, huh?! Loved it!

We were in the 50's building - C section room 3310 - You probably saw me hissing at my son to stop running into people......

Hehehe, we were in the 80's section, room 7215. We may have seen you in the food court! As soon as I get started with the next section I'll have more pics of me that are a little bit bigger, and some of Ashley. Thats my DH in the pics in my signature and he wasn't with me this trip!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #14
AnninIowa
DIS Veteran

Subscribing!!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:16 AM   #15
YourMajesty
Always makes a point to sleep in her Mickey Mouse socks!
I'm usually thinking...yada yada yada...or maybe dot dot dot
I really enjoy an episode of Full House as a nice night cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzybrooke View Post
Those are actually the old school bridal ears! But, stay tuned to find out what YOAMD dream did occur!

It is interesting to note that you can't buy the light blue ears with the clouds, only win them. The ones you can buy are navy with silver ears that light up...and are 15.00! I passed on those.

Good to have you aboard!

Lin...if you have time can you elaborate on how they go about YOAMD? Like how do you enter and how do they pick out winners?

Ok...back to the story.

SOG 9/96 SOG 9/98 SOG 10/01 SOG (Contemporary) 12/03 Disneyland Resort 10/04
SOG 10/05 POFQ (cliqueless trip) 2/07 WL 12/07

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: