Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Online Games > Online Gaming Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #631
souper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberDaze View Post

We think of you
every day...

Me too! Hugs!

Happy Guest in SmallWorlds

souper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #632
silvrstrfx
Boys in Princess Hats are so Lava! <3

Happy Spring!

Yay! Spring is here! It is so exciting to see all the trees flowering and the squirrels chasing each other about Spring is probably my favorite season because life feels all hopeful again!

I hope you and your family are doing well! It was so fun to close last night (although next time you will have to get a stinky puppy just for Dory )

Lately it has been really windy here and I feel like I might get blown away. Poo for being a little Asian girl I need a little Pooh friend to hold me down

Big Hugs! Hope your weekend is lots of fun!
silvrstrfx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2008, 01:32 AM   #633
teriyaki
Smackeralchick will live on forever

Location: Standing near the freezer, eating a quart of ice cream. Yes, I said quart.

The end of an era

The closing of VMK marks the end of an era for our family. We made such great friends on VMK, and VMK has gotten Dlandchick, Sesamestreetboy and me through some hideous times. It still amazes me, the outpouring from VMK players, friends and strangers alike, when Land was diagnosed with leukemia. She still has more than a year of treatment to go, and we won't have the distraction and fun of playing with our VMK friends. VMK has been more than just a game for us. This is so not woot. I hope the VMK forum won't disappear along with the game. I have worked myself into a depressed tizzy and have to go find cookies and/or ice cream now. Please excuse me.

Smackeralchick
Old 04-09-2008, 07:50 AM   #634
Belle1997
I married a beast and found my prince
So please be nice to each other and think of others first, when you do magical things can happen for many more people
Answer is Yes!

I for one will be posting on Lands page here. So looking forward to meeting you all in a few weeks. I hope that VMK stays. For kids just like land and Street.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #635
PrincessWendyBird
Only here could a Princess love a Pirate. Off to Neverland...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyaki View Post
The closing of VMK marks the end of an era for our family. We made such great friends on VMK, and VMK has gotten Dlandchick, Sesamestreetboy and me through some hideous times. It still amazes me, the outpouring from VMK players, friends and strangers alike, when Land was diagnosed with leukemia. She still has more than a year of treatment to go, and we won't have the distraction and fun of playing with our VMK friends. VMK has been more than just a game for us. This is so not woot. I hope the VMK forum won't disappear along with the game. I have worked myself into a depressed tizzy and have to go find cookies and/or ice cream now. Please excuse me.

Smackeralchick
Sister,

I have spent many a sleepless night reading through this thread. Our entire family has been praying for all of you each and every day. I know you have not known King and I very long, but we already feel a kind of connection to you all. I mean, we are singing partners! Can you imagine someday if we actually meet? We will drive everyone crazy with our wonderful singing! We will find a way to stay in touch! Hugs to you all.

Princess
Old 04-10-2008, 01:27 AM   #636
Janomi
Moo-sketeer

Hugs land and fam!!

It's the end of bump day, and had to bump this up!!

Have a wonderful evening and a great remaining two days of school/work. The weekend is just around the corner
DL Half - 2008 - Phew! DLF is better than DNF!!
Janomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:03 AM   #637
AmberDaze

Green Ghost Fanatic & Smilie Club Member :). DIS, where good friends are not hard to find :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janomi View Post
Hugs land and fam!!

It's the end of bump day, and had to bump this up!!

Have a wonderful evening and a great remaining two days of school/work. The weekend is just around the corner

Woot to Spring break! *whispers* It's spring break Will.he! Yay!

Hugs to all of you, Land, Street, Sister & Bear...I treasure you all and am very lucky to have you in my life.

Did I say WOOT to spring break?!

Disney Characters holding our Flats in 2006: May | June | More June | August | November | December
Flats in 2007: January | March | May (non-Disney) My Guide to Making VMK Flats Ah! No straws!
Fireworks High Score (old): 290,013 (set on 1-7-07); Fireworks Remixed High Score: 8552 (set on 8-2-07 Crazy!)
AmberDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #638
Fan-O-Chernabog
Fantasmic Fanatic

Happy Thursday Everyone!

I am sorry it has been so long since I posted, but I have been keeping an eye peeled out here

You know that Fan and Family will be keeping in touch too. You are ALWAYS in our thoughts and prayers... even if you don't hear from "Bad Fan"

Take Care Princess and family and keep up the fight!!

Hugs Pixie Dust and much Love to Land, Street, Sister, and Bear

Addicted to VMK since January 2006
Addicted to Sorcerer Mickey since FOREVER

BTW Don't you think a character named for Chernabog should have Inferno Magic??
Fan-O-Chernabog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #639
Disney-ite
Mouseketeer

Happy Friday to you! See you at closing

Disney-ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #640
Disney-ite
Mouseketeer

Happy Friday to you! See you at closing

Last edited by Disney-ite; 04-11-2008 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Double posting
Disney-ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #641
silvrstrfx
Boys in Princess Hats are so Lava! <3

Hi Land! Wishing you a pretty sakura (cherry blossom) filled weekend

The Cherry Blossom Festival is here again. My friends and I are going tomorrow. Yay! I can't wait to eat at all the food booths (takoyaki! spam musubi! shaved ice!!) and buy lots of cute, unnecessary items ROFL

In other news... it has been SO hot lately. What's with this Summer weather?!?! It makes me think I'm in DLR, except there is no happy music to accompany my melting I try to make my own soundtrack but then people look at me funny...

I hope you and your family are doing well! Keep cool, my little friend!
silvrstrfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #642
Amber_Kait
<3

awhh i don't know you guys really, but i wish you best of wishes (:

hugs.
click for my VMK memories video.(: <3
Amber_Kait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:53 AM   #643
vanillasoftserve
dlandchick forever

Update

Hi everyone! Hugs! Hope you're all doing well. I bet you've all heard the news by now about VMK closing. It's really shocking and sad. VMK and all the friends I have made with it helped me through some very tough times. It's really sad to think that two days before my birthday it will be closing forever VMK is an escape to a happier place where there is no pain, only fun and friends, and the magic of Disney. So Disney, if you happen to be reading this PLEASE DON'T CLOSE VMK!!!

Tomorrow I will be going to get chemo, and will start steriods. So it's like I'm getting an extra week of spring break but I'm not. On a happier note, Hope just updated her blog yesterday, and will be updating more often now. She hopes you guys like their latest adventures.

Well, I'd just like to thank you guys all again on how you've stuck with me and how you always ask how we're doing. You have no idea how much it means to us.

Hugs and Pixie dust,

Land

Last edited by vanillasoftserve; 04-15-2008 at 05:07 PM.
vanillasoftserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #644
TwirlerGirl
Coach and Dreambuilder

Hello there my friend!

How are you today? I was thinking about you, wishing that all your wishes could come true. There will always be someone out here in the great virtual beyond thinking about you and sending positive, healing pixie dust your way.
Hugs!

I've been Booed!

I've been Booed by Peri 9/07!

***My Elf Name Is...***

Giggles Candy Cane Lips

What's Your Elf Name?
http://www.blogthings.com/elfnamegenerator/
TwirlerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #645
4fosterkids
DIS Veteran

Hi Land, and family!
I hope your next round of Chemo and steroids goes as smooth and easy as possible! Big hugs to you, and know we are always thinking good thoughts and sending prayers to you and your family.

We, too, are so sad to hear about VMK closing. I believe if they saw VMK thru all our eyes, they would never consider closing it. Hopefully all the posts, letters and stories will make them open their eyes and see the real people behind those cute virtual ones. VMK has enabled us to meet wonderful friends all over the world, and for that, I am very grateful!

On a happier note...we are headed to see Wicked this Sunday! We can't wait to see it again!

Big hugs!
DCL Fantasy 6/12* Dis Diva's DL trip 2/12*WDW 570 Girls trip 1/12 * Aulani trip 8/29/11 * WDW 3/2011*Dis Diva DL 3/2011*DCL Cruise to nowhere 1/2011*Zeta Beach trip WDW AKL 7/2010, Dis Diva's girls trip to DLR 2/25-3/1*Disney Magic Panama Canal 8/08 TOAL *Island GirlsWDW trip 10/07*Paradise Pier Concierge 08/07*Girls trip to WDW 2/07*Parker's Wish Trip on Wonder 12/3/06 *Girls WDW Trip 9/29/06* WDW Poly & WL Holidays 12/05*DL Hotel 9/05 * Disney Magic West Coast 7/2/05*WDW Pop/Polynesion 3/04 * WDW AK/ GF 3/03*DL Grand Californian 9/02 * WDW Beach Club 3/02*WDW Beach Club 4/00 * DL Disneyland Hotel 9/00
4fosterkids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: