Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2007, 03:31 PM   #1
irishbosoxfan
BL II - Red Team
DIS Veteran
I took one of those biscuit cans in the chest a few years ago

Emails To Support Tigger/News Agencies/UNION just added!

Hi all! I know we have a few threads going already about the Tigger events of the last few days but I wanted to start a thread with the links to various news stations so we could show our support on a wider level and let the people reporting that Tigger "punched" this kid exactly what WE think of what's going on!!

This addy is for WFTV in Orlando

www.wftv.com/contact/index.html

This addy if for WMUR in Manchester which is the Monacos local station

www.wmur.com/contact/index.html

This addy is for guest relations at WDW
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

This addy is for CNN

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form1.html?40

Lets get our DIS together--With all the people that post here we should be able to make some kind of impression!

Last edited by irishbosoxfan; 01-10-2007 at 04:06 PM.
irishbosoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:00 PM   #2
Marc A.

DIS Veteran

Ridiculous!!!

I love the adjectives being used......"clocked" "close fist"
What a joke.
Was this a boxing match????
People need to relax a bit when they are on vacation and not take
things so seriously. I'm sure the "punky" looking kid had nothing to
do with any of it.
Hug a Tigger people.......
Make love not war!!!!!

CR 1976,CBR SEPT. 03,ASMo MAY 05, CR OCT 07, DCL JUNE 08, POLY NOV 08 , AKV MAR 09 , Hilton Grand VC, SEPT. 09 , AKV OCT. 10 , DCL OCT. 10 , BLT OCT. 10 , BLT Jan. 11 , AKV AUG 11 , Pop May 12 , BLT Nov 12 , AKV Jan 13 , DCL Jan 13
Marc A. is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2007, 06:00 PM   #3
eileenrow
Mouseketeer

Sent to Disney/CNN/Orlando Action 9

Folks, I have sent the following to all the above. I really hope the person in the Tigger costume is OK when all is said and done.

"I am writing in regards to the recent "Tigger Incident" as has been widely reported.

As a long-time Disney fan and a Disney Vacation Club member I have a very hard time believing that the cast member had any responsibility for the recent incident that has been on the news. It is apparent to me, and many others, that this unfortunate incident has been completely blown out of proportion. I firmly believe that the family from NH is totally in the wrong here and I sincerely hope that the employee in question is not held responsible for their actions.

The incident is clearly a matter of the person playing Tigger simply trying to prevent him or herself from injury; and trying to protect the 'child' involved as well. I am truly dismayed at the way this has been played out in the news and that Disney has to deal with kind of nonsense on a daily basis.

I know that Disney will do what it has to in order to make this 'go away', but I sincerely hope that the cast member does not end up suffering for the actions of a poorly supervised 'child".

Thanks for listening.

Sincerely

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx"
eileenrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:28 PM   #4
DawnCt1
I had to wonder what "holiday" he thought we would be celebrating with a tree?Answer: Arbor Day
Personally I have always wanted to be a super hero

While sending emails and letters was helpful for Lipoa, we knew Lipoa's story because she made it available through a fan. We haven't heard the other side of the story yet. We can perhaps assume that the boy is at fault but until we actually have a statement, informal or otherwise, I don't know how useful it will be. Another problem I see is the fact that these are costumed characters and they are essentially annonymous. "All Tiggers are not created equal".
DawnCt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #5
irishbosoxfan
BL II - Red Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnCt1 View Post
While sending emails and letters was helpful for Lipoa, we knew Lipoa's story because she made it available through a fan. We haven't heard the other side of the story yet. We can perhaps assume that the boy is at fault but until we actually have a statement, informal or otherwise, I don't know how useful it will be. Another problem I see is the fact that these are costumed characters and they are essentially annonymous. "All Tiggers are not created equal".
The reason I posted the links was to show the media we are not falling for this farce.
Anyone watching the video would not believe that Tigger beat the snot out of that kid like the dad and media outlets want us to believe.
I figured if we had enough people willing to contact the agencies and have our voices heard maybe the family would at least have enough shame to stop this load of crap.
I put down the WMUR link because I remember watching that channel when I lived in NH,,so hopefully they at least will make an issue about the number of emails they received in regards to this and the family can get an idea that not everyone is willing to support them and that a greater number are against it
Too bad Tigger couldn't have knocked some sense into the dad instead!
Old 01-08-2007, 07:20 PM   #6
DawnCt1
I had to wonder what "holiday" he thought we would be celebrating with a tree?Answer: Arbor Day
Personally I have always wanted to be a super hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbosoxfan View Post
The reason I posted the links was to show the media we are not falling for this farce.
Anyone watching the video would not believe that Tigger beat the snot out of that kid like the dad and media outlets want us to believe.
I figured if we had enough people willing to contact the agencies and have our voices heard maybe the family would at least have enough shame to stop this load of crap.
I put down the WMUR link because I remember watching that channel when I lived in NH,,so hopefully they at least will make an issue about the number of emails they received in regards to this and the family can get an idea that not everyone is willing to support them and that a greater number are against it
I think that Fox News actually did do a poll over the weekend asking if "Tigger was at fault".
DawnCt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #7
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbosoxfan View Post
WMUR showed the video last night on the 11pm news. I had the news on at noon and they didn't even mention it. After they aired it last night you could tell the anchors weren't buying it. So no bias there just because the family is from NH. I was glad WMUR took the high road.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #8
irishbosoxfan
BL II - Red Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
WMUR showed the video last night on the 11pm news. I had the news on at noon and they didn't even mention it. After they aired it last night you could tell the anchors weren't buying it. So no bias there just because the family is from NH. I was glad WMUR took the high road.
That's good to hear. Now if they did a poll and everyone here jumped on it and they did a piece about the sheer volume of people who responded that they believe the dad and jr are full of crap maybe we would get somewhere!
Old 01-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #9
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Here's what on WMUR's website. It wasn't even on the main page. LOL

Family Hires Lawyer After Boy Allegedly Hit By Tigger
Attorney Says Boy Suffered Neck Injury

POSTED: 6:13 pm EST January 8, 2007

Email This Story | Print This Story

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A New Hampshire man vacationing with his family in Florida has hired a lawyer and is demanding an apology after, he said, his son was hit by Tigger.

Jerry Monaco, of Greenville, N.H., said he and his family were visiting Disney World on Friday when they had a confrontation with the Disney mascot while posing for a photo. Monaco said that Tigger turned and hit his son, Jerry Jr.

"He signaled his handler to leave. He wanted to leave the area, and the handler was ignoring him," said Mark Morsch, attorney for the Monaco family. "He got agitated, according to this witness, and that's when he whacked my client."

Morsch said that the boy suffered neck injuries from the hit.

Disney has suspended Michael Fedelem, the man in the costume, but union officials said that he was trying to break free from the teenager because he grabbed his collar and choked him.

"It's obvious that he was trying to get out of a bad situation," union representative Donna-Lynne Dalton said.

Attorneys said that winning a civil negligence lawsuit against Disney would be a challenger. Personal injury attorney Chuck Douglas took on Big Tobacco, but he said that he would never go after the Big Mouse.

"Disney has always taken the position that they will fight litigation very, very hard," Douglas said. "So if you don't have serious injury, it's just not worth it."

Douglas said that the video from the cameras helps, but it doesn't explain why Tigger lost his footing or show much of what happened before or after the incident.

Douglas said Disney might give in if the employee said that he wanted to punch the teen.

"But something with one of these costumes, where their vision is impaired anyway, is not a case that I'd get real fired up about, I'll tell you that," Douglas said.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:51 PM   #10
irishbosoxfan
BL II - Red Team
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting that. It's nice to see the media starting to be more impartial in regards to this--It really PMO to see the captions that said he(Tigger) "attacked" "punched" "beat up"

Now if they'd start reporting that it looks like a load of crap on the dads part!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #11
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

http://www.wftv.com/news/10686229/detail.html

This is the lastest I have seen. Looks like Disney is defending their CM.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #12
MyGoofy26
DIS Veteran

I found this yesterday, interestingly the CM recently had a grievance resolved.

Anyway, it's the union for characters - another place you all may want to voice your support.

http://www.local385.org/characters/UnionNews.htm

And from the contact page:
Quote:
Feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns or suggestions.

Donna-Lynne Dalton
Phone: (407) 298-7037 ext #303
Fax: (407) 297-9097

donna-lynne@local385.org
This is the woman in the news now speaking for Mr. Fedelem and the Union.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:13 PM   #13
irishbosoxfan
BL II - Red Team
DIS Veteran

Thanks MYgoofy!! I added the info to the title!!
Old 01-08-2007, 09:04 PM   #14
PoohnPglet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytheblood View Post
http://www.wftv.com/news/10686229/detail.html

This is the lastest I have seen. Looks like Disney is defending their CM.
FYI - that is the Union defending the cast member, not Disney or Disney management. Two VERY seperate things. I would be stunned to hear that they were defending him because Disney is very well known for ALWAYS taking the side of the guest over the CM no matter what.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:08 PM   #15
lajones81
DISneyLVR
I think you need to add more details to your story!

Thank you for posting this information!
lajones81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: