Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
PiratesFan
Mouseketeer

Had a Bad Day - July 7 to July 20 2006

Five months after the fact, I begin my trip report *LOL* Please be patient, for this is my first one. I know the title may seem a little odd, but I'll explain once I get a little further into the report. Alright, enough of this, let's get to the cast!

Cast Members:
Nicole B (Me, 20) - This trip is all about the Pirates for me! I want to meet Captain Jack, or even better, Johnny Depp himself (Hey! I can dream!). I'm not a big fan of the thrill rides, but am willing to try a few. I am Mom's First Mate in the trip planning department. I really enjoyed helping to plan it, and can't wait to help plan our next one

Taylor (Darling Brother, 9) - Known as "The Boy." He wants to meet Stitch on our trip. Originally, he said he didn't even want to go on the trip. But, as it got closer to the time, you could tell he was excited. He is a video game addict and I was slightly worried that he would go through withdrawal. I think that may be why a visit to Disney Quest was scheduled into our trip.

Nicole M (Darling Step-Sister, 17) - Known as "Sister." Yes, we share the same name. Which is why she was dubbed "Sister" and I was dubbed "Cole-Cole" after our brother was born. She wants to meet Maleficant or Aurora. She is a fan of musicals, so any musical production at Disney is a must. She is my partner in crime and brings out my insanity.

Nancy (Darling Mom, 41) - Known as weezy26nm on Dis Boards. Captain of the Trip ship. This whole thing was her idea. She wants to meet, well...everyone. Mickey is at the top of her list though. Thanks to the Dis Boards, she knows everything about Disney and is addicted to the point of no return. She may possibly be the most excited out of us all! She has a couple suprises for us while on the trip.

Darrin (Darling Step-Dad, 41) - Pretended not too be excited, but I'm pretty sure he wears Mouse Ears when nobody is around. He was the one that suggested we stay until the 20th instead of coming home on the 17th. I believe he said he most wanted to meet Chip and Dale, which as you'll find out, turns into a traumatic experience for myself. His goal on this trip: find a giant hardware store and purchase items for his "buddy at work."

Friday July 7, 2006

2 am - Wake Up

Sister and I have had a few hours less sleep than the rest of them. Actually, Mom probably never slept at all, but that is beside the point. Sister and I wrote notes back and forth about Disney in her journal. We did this because Mom forbade talking and commanded us to go right to sleep. She did this with good reason, so of course we ignored it for about an hour. We got a grand total of 4 hours of sleep before we had to get up. Possibly even less, because of the note-writing.

2:25 am - On the road

Up and on the road! The Boy crawled in my bed with a witty "Rise and shine, it's Disney time!" We lay in bed for a short time, on the verge of sleep, then finally drag ourselves out. Maybe the note writing had been a bad idea... Anyways, we get dressed and off to the Halifax airport!

4 am - Arrive at Halifax Airport

My first time inside an airport ever. We've got an hour and a half to kill. So, we sit, we stand, we sit some more...Darrin and I go out for a smoke and get stuck in the revolving door...good times. Darrin's parents came with us to the airport so they could take our van back home and see us off.

So, we drop into Tim Horton's, mess up the orders (mine was fine ) and we go out for another smoke. On our way through security, Mom got frisked. Apparently it was a random check. Then, we walk through miles of run-down airport until we find our place where we board. Then they make us go outside...where we see our plane. Which is basically a bus with wings.

5:30 am - Board plane

The plane is very tiny. I have to duck when walking on to it because the roof is so low. I sit with Mom because I am terrified. I have never been on a plane before. Actually, Darrin is the only who has. I am deathly afraid of heights and am convinced I am going to die before we reach New York.

6:05 am - Take off

Oh god, oh god, oh god. Death is emminent! After take-off I calm down and am even convinced by my family to look out the window. Not so bad after all. The rest of the flight is uneventful.

7:05 am EST - Land in New York

Big, scary New York City. Not too bad, since we never left the airport property. People were cranky and scary. We asked a woman at the information desk where we could find a McDonald's, so we could have breakfast. She points right. We got that way and after wondering for a long time, find one resturant.No McDonalds. The resturant is called SoHo Bistro. It cost us over $50 for breakfast! Plus, the service was slow and the food was bad! Not pleased, but oh well. We were hungry.

9:30 am - Boarded plane

HUGE plane! Scary huge! Way bigger than our last one.

10:15 am - Take off

Delayed because so many planes are on the run way.
There are like, 30 planes on the runway, so we need to wait before we take off. We also get to see cop cars rush a plane with their lights on. Comforting, that was.

1 pm - Land in Miami

Survived my second flight. Miami is so hot you cannot breathe. The airport is huge! Our terminal is at the complete opposite end of where we entered the airport. We stop for a smoke break in the "aquarium." This is a glass structure in the middle of the airport. It is like an aquarium, but there is no roof. It is just the sky, and it is sweltering. I thought I may possibly pass out. Anyway, quick smoke in the deathly heat and off to our terminal.

1:50 pm - Board plane

We sit..and sit...and sit some more. A storm has moved in and we need to wait for it to clear off before we can leave. Bright side: Mom and Darrin wind up sitting with a woman who works at Animal Kingdom! We talk with her about Disney to pass the time.

3:30 pm - Take off

Delayed due to weather
Flight uneventful, but slightly scary. Weather is still a little iffy, but we survived.

4:45 pm - Land in Orlando

Hazaa! We're here! We manage to find our luggage and our shuttle no problem. The shuttle was slightly scary because the guy drove like a maniac in the bad weather (raining). We make it alive (shockingly) to the Rent-a-Car place. We wait a long time with many screaming children to get our car and then are on our way!
We stop at McDonald's for supper, and were saddened by the food and the service. The woman at the counter did not know what vinegar was. I was sent to the counter by Sister and the woman had no clue what I was talking about. She tried to give me salad dressing. I gave up.
I begin my Captain Jack Quest here. The Happy Meals had POTC:2 toys. The Boy got one, but it was a skull/magic 8 ball. No dice.
We manage to find our hotel without to much trouble. This will be the first and only time this happens. We stayed at Palm Suites Lakeside, which was really nice. We had quite a big room and it was clean and quiet. Upon arrival, The Boy has his "bed reaction." This happens everytime we are in a hotel room. He has the overwhelming need to jump from one bed to another while making strange noises. At home, he never jumps on the bed.
We went out and explored the playground and the boardwalk, where we found geckos, nasty flying ants and heard something in the trees that sounded suspiciously like a monkey... We inspected the pool (big and clean) and then decided to venture across the street to investigate the Super Target, where the boy buys ANOTHER Stitch. He brought one with him from home.
This is also when we discover the street outside our hotel is called Seven Dwarfs Lane. I was quite pleased by this. Took a picture and everything! Anyway, that was about all the excitement for our first day. We unpacked all of our stuff, settled in and watched a bit of TV, and were in bed by 11:30. No Disney tomorrow. We're going to do something else and wait until we have more energy for Disney.

July 2006 - Off Site (July 7 - 20)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1311216

Last edited by PiratesFan; 01-02-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:58 PM   #2
weezy26nm
Mouseketeer

great start

I see you did your editing. You're off to a great start. I'll have to get my printer working so I can print it off. Reading your report helps me remember stuff that I forgot(or stuff I didn't know about, like the staying up all night writing notes ). Can't wait for the next installment.
Run Forest, Run!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2532107
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #3
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

Sounds like your off to a great start. Can't wait to read more.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
swankybeth
Loves bubble tea!
Got my internship @ WDW!
Her Prince Charming proposed with a glass slipper and rose petals

Looking forward to your next installment.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #5
PiratesFan
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone I see Mom has posted. I imagine she'll add anything I forget. I also see I ratted myself out about the note writing I was positive she knew... anyway, maybe some pictures?

July 6 - Pre-Trip

At Darrin's parents for supper the night before we leave. Left to right: Darrin, Neil (Darrin's Dad), The Boy, Sister, Me and Mom.

July 7

At Halifax airport

Our tiny plane

The Boy in the midst of one of his "bed reactions"

Our kitchen

Another shot of the room. We had 2 beds and a pull-out couch

On the boardwalk behind our hotel

July 2006 - Off Site (July 7 - 20)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1311216

Old 01-02-2007, 06:38 PM   #6
Cass
www.casshew.com

Nicole you are adorable, can't wait for more reporting!

Old 01-02-2007, 07:58 PM   #7
weezy26nm
Mouseketeer

you have followers

You have followers my dear. Don't keep them waiting too long. By them I mean me
Run Forest, Run!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #8
mouseketeer_mom
DIS Veteran

great start... can't wait to read more
Old 01-03-2007, 08:18 AM   #9
PiratesFan
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! I tried to post July 8, but the computer logged me out and I lost my post I am too frustrated at the current moment to try again. I will later on though.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:35 AM   #10
Cass
www.casshew.com

I hate when that happens.

Write your report on a .txt and then just copy and paste to the post when your're ready
Old 01-03-2007, 09:49 AM   #11
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

Great pictures. Can't wait to read more.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #12
weezy26nm
Mouseketeer

aaaaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
Nicole you are adorable, can't wait for more reporting!

Aaaaah someone thinks my baby is adorable . Thanks Cass, me too.
Run Forest, Run!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:05 PM   #13
PiratesFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Aaaaah someone thinks my baby is adorable . Thanks Cass, me too.
Ahhh, thanks Mom and Cass! Mom, I always knew I was the favorite

Do people get upset when you post stuff in your Report about other parks? If so, we just won't tell them...

July 8 2006

Even though heís ďnot excitedĒ, Darrin is up at 6 a.m. He wanted to wake us up then, but Mom managed to keep him at bay for a few hours. Our hotel has a free breakfast, so after they went down and got us some food, Mom relented and let him wake us up.

We decided not to go to Disney today because we are all too tired from traveling yesterday. We set out to do some shopping, and are not really sure where we are going to go.

I know we stopped at a few places, but the only one I remember is the Super Wal-Mart. Our family loves Wal-Mart. Also, guess what? There be treasure at the Super Wal-Mart! I found a pink Captain Jack t-shirt (I liked the black one better, but I didnít want to wear black in Florida.) I also found POTC tote bags. I bought one for myself and one for my best friend back home. See, this is how nice I am. The day we left on our trip, she went and watched POTC:2 without me. Iíll just tell her I met Johnny Depp and we did lunch...

We decide after our shopping to go to GatorLand, and after a bit of being lost, we eventually find it. It was a really neat place. We got to see gator wrestling and everything. The Boy got to feed the gators, and we all got our picture taken with live gators. They get you to kneel down in front of them with your back to them while they take your picture. Iíd like to know whoís bright idea that was.

We also had lunch there. I had my first chili-cheese fries. Iím hooked. We also tried gator nuggets and gator ribs. We are...what would you call it? Oh yeah. Hicks. To further prove my point, when we were buying souvenirs here, The Boy bought a real baby gator head. The customs officials are going to have a few questions...::cop:

We also got to experience our first Floridian rain storm today. We were watching a show and it just opened up. I was sitting in the front row of the bleachers and got soaked and sat there shivering. Up, July in Florida, and Iím cold. Also, after trying all day, The Boy finally catches a gecko. It was the only one we managed to catch during the whole trip. We were proud.

After we left GatorLand, we had supper at the Oriental Seafood Buffet. Our family is big on buffets, and this one was huge! I was somewhat turned off by what appeared to be raw chicken in the sushi bar, however. Up side: I finally got to try octopus. Down side: It tasted like tires.

After to supper (and more being lost) we find our way to Wonder Works. The building is completely upside down. The story goes it was picked up by a tornado and landed like that in Florida. It was a neat place. It had a hurricane simulator, an earthquake simulator, a bed of nails and a simulator where you could design and ride your own roller coaster. There was lots of other stuff to, but I just canít remember it all.

Eventually we head back to the hotel, where nothing exciting happened. We worked on our journals, Sister and I worked on our Southern accents (after hearing a guy with a thick Southern accent at GatorLand, we lapse into our Bad Southern accents. This happens often, as youíll see), and The Boy jumped on the beds. All is as it should be.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I tried to post pics, but it's not happening. I'll try again later.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #14
Cass
www.casshew.com

Hey, you hicks didn't have anything to do with Gatorland burning to the ground did you?

Maybe The Boy set his baby alligator head on fire?

Old 01-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #15
PiratesFan
Mouseketeer

July 8 2006

Quote:
Hey, you hicks didn't have anything to do with Gatorland burning to the ground did you?
Maybe The Boy set his baby alligator head on fire?
No, it wasn't the baby gator head *LOL* It was us though. Here's what happened...

The Boy aproaches the gators to feed them. We are told this is perfectly safe.

Oh no! One has got The Boy! Sister and I try to save him but we are just not powerful enough!

Taking matters into his own hands, The Boy literally turns into Stitch and destroys the gator. This is what is left of him. Unfortunatly, Gator Land was destroyed in the process. I apologize to the owners.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*LOL* There you have it. Oh, and a few more pics...

This is "Ze Swamp" behind our hotel

This is our hotel

And this is Wonder Works

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: