Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2007, 06:21 AM   #121
arieljasmine
Who says these things pass you by.....

A lovely day and great pictures. I would really like to do this tour next year as I would also love to see that warehouse. Please could you let me know how long the tour lasts? Thanks very much

Laur's
May 2001 DLRP Santa Fe/September 2002 WDW All Star Music/December 2003 DLRP Sequoia Lodge/September 2004 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Pop Century/May 2005 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Coronado Springs/Disney Wonder/April 2006 WDW Pop Century/ September 2006 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Animal Kingdom Lodge/September 2007 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Hard Rock Hotel/Polynesian/Pop Century
arieljasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #122
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arieljasmine View Post
A lovely day and great pictures. I would really like to do this tour next year as I would also love to see that warehouse. Please could you let me know how long the tour lasts? Thanks very much

Laur's
The tour was very much worth it just to see those bits! I think we just didnt get as good tour guides!

We started at around 9ish and were back at Epcot just before 1pm so its around 4 hours! Not too much walking though which is great!!
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2007, 08:59 AM   #123
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

Tour sounds great
waiting hard on hearing all about the cruise

just downloading the video now
most put on the kettle
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #124
jns

Just watched the Video
You most be very happy with the whole one
Woh it is wonderful
they done a great job
you both look so happy
Congratulations again
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

Old 03-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #125
arieljasmine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post
The tour was very much worth it just to see those bits! I think we just didnt get as good tour guides!

We started at around 9ish and were back at Epcot just before 1pm so its around 4 hours! Not too much walking though which is great!!
Thanks very much for sharing that with me, Laura, I definitely fancy it.

Laur's
May 2001 DLRP Santa Fe/September 2002 WDW All Star Music/December 2003 DLRP Sequoia Lodge/September 2004 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Pop Century/May 2005 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Coronado Springs/Disney Wonder/April 2006 WDW Pop Century/ September 2006 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Animal Kingdom Lodge/September 2007 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Hard Rock Hotel/Polynesian/Pop Century
Old 03-09-2007, 08:55 AM   #126
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Thursday 14th December;

We got up pretty early again this morning so that we could finish off our packing. And by we i mean i was packing whilst Gary was watching some sort of sporting event on the seemingly endless channels in the hotel room whilst making helpful comments about how i should pack the shoes.

Once we had finished off the packing we tied the DCL tag to the case and put it by our front door just in time for the bell boy to pick it up. We dropped the other suitcase off in my parents room and headed downstairs for breakfast. We had a leisurely breakfast and then took a stroll around the boardwalk to the Dolphin to say goodbye to my grandparents, Aunt,Uncle and cousins. They were enjoying a last morning beside the pool before heading off to the airport to fly home. My 9 year old cousin Andrew had some money left at the end of his holiday and he brough me and Gary the plush bride and groom mickey and minnie. I thought that was really sweet.

We said our goodbyes and headed back to the Yacht Club to say our goodbyes to my parents - who were rather envious of us going on the cruise! We sat and had a drink with them before we needed to head over to the Beach Club to wait for our coach to the Port.

We werent kept waiting long and soon we were on the coach on our way to Port Canaveral - it took just over an hour to get there and soon we were heading over a big bridge and got our first glimpse of the Wonder!!

There was a large queue to go through the metal detectors but it didnt take too long, Check in was really quick and we were soon walking through those Mickey ears onto the ship! When you go through they announce you onto the boat which is kinda cheesy but you've gotta love it! We decided to head straight for the restaurant to get some lunch. We headed to Parrot Cay which was serving a buffet lunch there was such a huge choice of food and it all looked wonderful!! We had our lunch and headed to our stateroom to drop off our hand luggage. My parents had paid for our cruise as our wedding present - they had been really generous and got us a room with the verandah. I was surprised at how spacious the room was and the added extra of the balcony was fab!! We dropped all our stuff off and headed out to the sail away party.

We headed down in the lift and started to explore the ship! I was so excited - it was like the first time being at Disney when you just want to rush off and do everything!! First thing we did was head to the bar and get a couple of those Bahama Mamas - start as i mean to go on!!!

The sailaway was fab! its so exciting when you see the water starting to move slowly!! Its great when you hear the ships horn for the first time!!We went up to the front of the ship to watch us head out towards the sea - we stayed ther for quite a while until it got a bit too blowy and headed back down to our stateroom to get ready for dinner! We were eating in Parrot Cay again that night, we we allocated to a table of 6 so i was anxious to see who i would be dining with! We were on a newlyweds table! There was another young american couple who had just gotten married that weekend before - they seemed really nice! Then there was another couple who were quite a bit older but a really sweet couple too - we quickly realised that they were quite religious with saying grace before each meal etc. We met our waiter, head waiter etc and they all seemed fun! The food was fabulous!! again! I had a baked crab starter which was crab in a cheesy sauce - it was so light and creamy it was great! We then had a tomato soup which was again lovely but so thick! it was so filling! For our main course we had a steak which was beautifully cooked but i hardly had room for it! Then came desserts which were again fabulous! It was a little rocky in the ship tonight - i think i just wasnt used to it. We decided to skip the shop tonight and go explor the ship a bit more. We ended up going for a swim and having a couple of drinks in the Adults only area before heading back to the room exahusted! But really looking forward to the next day in the Bahamas!!

Our first Bahama Mamas!!

I do have some more pictures of the cruise but i havent uploaded them yet! I will try and do it this weekend!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:07 AM   #127
arieljasmine

What a perfect day, Laura, it brings back lovely memories for me of our cruise. How sweet of your nephew to buy you the Minnie and Mickey, you must have been really touched.

I couldn't believe how big the rooms were either, I had really imagined us falling over each other due to lack of space!

At our sailaway party, I was so excited (and slighty tipsy from the strawberry pina colada I was drinking!) that Andy had to point out to me that the boat was actually moving!!

Laur's
Old 03-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #128
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

What a lovely first day on board.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:58 PM   #129
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Great video and lovely to see you both

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:21 PM   #130
jns

Looking forward to hearing more and lots of photos too please

Old 03-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #131
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Friday 15th December;

We woke early this morning and I went out onto the balcony to see what the view was. We were just about coming into dick at Nassau in the Bahamas – I could see the Atlantis hotel and all the lovely yachts etc. We decided to head for breakfast and sit outside for a while. We headed to the beach blanket buffet and chose a seat outside – the weather was lovely and hot but quite overcast. We enjoyed our breakfast and by the time we had finished we had docked. We decided to head to our room and grab our things whilst we waited for customs to clear the boat. We headed down to the gangway just in time to be let off the. We had decided not to go on any of the excursions today – although there were a lot that sounded good! We took a walk through Nassau and had a look through the market and a few shops. We picked up a bottle pf rum and some rum cake to take back home. We took a walk to a beach which was really nice. Gorgeous white sand and crystal blue water! There were quite a few locals on the beach, one man with his horse in the water!! After a while we headed back to the ship.We put all our things away in the room and headed to the Adults only pool for a while and grabbed some burgers for lunch. After 2 weeks of hectic running round parks and the wedding it was nice to just chill out and do nothing for a while! Gary took a walk round to the sports deck for a while whilst I sat in the sun lounger with a bahama mama!

As it got nearer to dinner time we headed up to our room to get changed for the evening. We were eating in tritons tonight and I was really looking forward to this meal! It was pirate night tonight so we had bandanas on our plate which me and gary put straight on and so did the other young couple. We decided to get a bottle of wine between us tonight as the waiter convinced us we could take it back to our room later if we didn’t finish it! Once again the food was excellent! For Appetizers I had a shrimp cocktail and gary had a Prosciutto Cup which was filled with salad. The next course I had the Mixed Garden salad served with a red wine vinaigrette with cheese croutons and Gary had the tomato and basil soup. For the main course I had Dijon mustard roasted Beef tenderloin and Gary had the Citrus Glazed Duck. We both had the grand marnier soufflé for dessert! I couldn’t fault any of my food it was all perfectly cooked and really delicious! Just far too much for me! We had actually managed to drink all the bottle of wine so we didn’t have to get it sent up to our room in the end LOL!

The other younger couple on our table we heading to the pool after dinner so we decided to head over and meet them there. They were such a lovely couple, the guy used to work for Disney as various characters like Chip and Dale and he kept us entertained with jokes about what they taught you in “character school”. We left the pool area to head up to the Pirates of the Caribbean deck party – rum cocktail in hand! We got a seat upstairs so we could see everything that was going on, it was so much fun to see all the characters dancing away. The fireworks were pretty cool too. After the party we headed over to wavebands and the crazy karaoke – we were not brave enough (or drunk enough) to get up and sing but the other couple were! There were some really good people up singing actually! Time rolled on and we headed back to the room at around 2am. At this point we were both really hungry so we orded a pizza from room service which was scrummy! We sat out on our balcony for a while eating the pizza – its really strange not being able to see anything at all! We the went to bed as I wanted to be up early to take full advantage of our day at castaway cay!!

Old 03-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #132
jns

What a wonderful day

is the beach far from the port

Old 03-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #133
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jns View Post
What a wonderful day

is the beach far from the port
The one we went to was about a 15 -0 minute walk! But we did have to stop to get some rum
Old 03-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #134
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

What a lovely start to your cruise, is all food included?
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:43 AM   #135
arieljasmine

Another wonderful relaxing day, Laura. Nassau sounds lovely, we didn't get off the boat there. I really enjoyed being in Wavebands it was a lot of fun.

Laur's

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: