Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2006, 10:21 AM   #1
jillyjoey
DIS Veteran

BUZZ is right CSR is Awesome

Thanks Buzz for all of your input on CSR-- our stay was awesome. Here's a quick review of our 12-13 to 12-20 stay:
We were wowed with the beauty and size of this resort. Christmas decorations were beautiful.

We had requested Cabanas (through our TA Sandy = who is awesome by the way). Upon checkin -- the CM informed us that we had been upgraded to a water view.

The Room: We were in Cabanas 9B room 9631 -- a corner room == it was awesome. Never heard anyone except for my 2 kids (I hope no one heard them). Room was good sized and the room was extraordinarily clean. Very impressed. I really liked the curtain that could be drawn to separate the dressing area from the rest of the room. Beds were comfortable even to my DH who is 6'4". Mousekeeping was great too. In fact- - all CMs at this resort went beyond duty IMHO to assist us.

Pool: We swam 3 nights -- water was comfortable and the chill in the air didn't hit until you got out of the water. We swam at the main pool -- although we were tempted to use our private pool because no one was in it. Unfortunately - the hot tub was full so we didn't bother getting in (we have one at home -- we prefer to H.T. without 15 other people)

Playground: My kids loved it and wanted to spend more time there -- but my schedule wouldn't permit -- maybe next time -- I will definitely reserve 1 day just to spend at the resort.

Pepper Market: Loved it -- for those on the DDP use your snack credits for the muffins or pastries for breakfast -- they are HUGE!!! 1 muffin lasted 2 days. IMHO again the portions were enormous -- we ate 1 late night meal here and 1 breakfast.

Gift Shop: The CMs here are AWESOME. Very nice gift shop == spent way too much money.

Arcade: I am not an arcade fan but the rest of my family is -- they spent about an hour or two playing games one night when it was raining.

Buses: We were at stop 1 (short walk) we had no problems with the buses -- they were timely and efficient. Only the last couple days were the buses crowded and on one occasion we had a bunch of very drunk conventioneers on our bus they were very obnoxious and the other families on the buse were irritated. That said -- as a family who has always drove from resort to park -- I am now a fan of the buses - very easy and, interestingly -- CSR stop at the parks was always in a good close location.

Size of resort: This resort is HUGE. We had an excellent location that was close to the pool, close to El Centro and close to our bus stop. I noticed that some of the other bus stops meant a long walk to your building and some of the buildings meant a long walk to El Centro -- had I been in one of these buildings my review may have been different. That said, I saw plenty of golf cart/trams carrying resort guests and was often asked by a CM if I needed a ride.

Another points to consider in making your decision. I thought CSR's pool was WAY better than that at AKL. Also, this same trip my sister and her husband stayed at the Beach Club -- her opinion- other than the fact that you could walk to Epcot and MGM -- she liked our resort better. So to anyone trying to decide -- Buzz is absolutely 100 percent right on when he recommends CSR.

Thanks again Buzz -- you helped us have a magical trip even if you didn't know it.
jillyjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Thanks for the great report we're staying at CSR in August and it's nice to hear good things. Is it worth faxing any room preferences a few days before departure? I was hoping to get Cabanas 8A or 8B good choice or bad???
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2006, 11:47 AM   #3
jillyjoey
DIS Veteran

We went through a travel agent I met on this board. With our reservation, she noted our request for Cabanas section. We booked last April for our December trip -- I don't know if any of this made a difference.

Coming from El Centro -- the Cabana buildings are in this order

9B, 9A, 8B, 8A

The private pool and laundry facility are in the 8 buildings. I think the 8A and 8B building use busstop 4 but I don't think it is much further to walk to 1 near ElCentro. I used the laundry room twice -- and it was about a 3 minute walk from 9B where we were. The other sections of the resort were just as nice as the Cabanas section but I think we were really lucky and blessed to be put where we were. You will be closer to the main pool if you are in 8A or 8B -- but really not by much more steps. IMHO, I would always request the Cabanas section because of location.

You will not be disappointed by CSR -- beautiful.
jillyjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:55 AM   #4
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Thanks, we booked with Virgin as obviously we need transatlantic air travel They haven't taken any room requests as yet (I booked 12 months in advance as August is peak time for us and I mustn't miss my Disney holiday!) but nearer the time I'll try to request with them.
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:15 PM   #5
camdensmom
DIS Veteran

Buzz is the reason we booked it last March and I'm still grateful. It is a wonderful resort. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
camdensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:46 PM   #6
hockeybabe
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a great trip! Buzz is awsome! I wish each resort had a "Buzz" to give as much info as he does!

WL Feb 2010
California trip including 2 days at DL/DCA June 2012
WL - Dec 2012
hockeybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #7
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyjoey View Post
Thanks Buzz for all of your input on CSR-- our stay was awesome. Here's a quick review of our 12-13 to 12-20 stay:
We were wowed with the beauty and size of this resort. Christmas decorations were beautiful.

Thanks again Buzz -- you helped us have a magical trip even if you didn't know it.
Welcome back and glad you enjoyed CSR!!

Last edited by Buzz2001; 12-30-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:25 PM   #8
Schucraig
Disney World is my World!

Glad to hear you had a great trip! We love CSR!
Old 12-28-2006, 07:26 PM   #9
Care
Mouseketeer

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Disney and your stay at CSR. Thanks to all of the great feedback on the forum, especially Buzz's advice, I also booked at CSR and am looking forward to my trip in (ohmigoddess) 18 days.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:51 AM   #10
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more

Glad to hear you loved it! We switched and are booked at CSR for next Thanksgiving.. We also requested Cabana 9B, only time will tell if we are granted our request!
Old 12-29-2006, 07:37 AM   #11
alldiz
DIS Veteran

So glad to hear a great review....
I will get there one of these days....

i need to try em all
Kerri
1978-offsite 1st visit, 1982, 1992 offsite, May 2006- 1st family trip Wilderness Lodge, Nov 2006 Wilderness Lodge, Jan 07- POFQ and POP, May 2007- SSR 1st DVC trip Aug 2007- YC, BCV...and POFQ free diningApril 2008-BWV,and OKW Oct 2008-BWV and WLV 1st trip "home", Nov/Dec 2009- WLV and DCL April 2011- BCV, Carnival Cruise,AKV(Kidani), BLT.... Aug/Sept 2011-OKW, and BWVMarch/April 2013-SSR May 2013-BWV and BCV June/July 2013-Carnival Cruise and WLV Dec/Jan 2013/14 -AKV Jambo, Carnival Cruise, WLV
alldiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:29 AM   #12
The Hill Family
Mouseketeer

I'm so happy to read your review of CSR. We are staying there in 3 weeks and I'm excited (but am sad not to be staying at WL). We have never stayed at CSR and relied a LOT on Buzz's website (which is awesome!). I'm so hoping that we'll all like it. Thanks for making me feel better about our upcoming stay. I tend to be one of those people who has a hard time changing when I find something that I like!
Old 12-29-2006, 02:24 PM   #13
musicmom3
DIS Veteran

I am worried that I will miss the interior corridors of AKL, BC, and WL when I stay at CSR over President's week, but Buzz's website, which is SO helpful, has me really excited about trying something new. I am a bit concerned about being out in the Rancho section (I requested the Cabana area, but I know that a "request" is simply that), but since we have a car, we can always drive to the Pepper Market, I guess, if our tootsies are too sore to walk one more step! Thanks, Buzz, and keep the info coming for us newbies!
Feb. '03, WL, with HS marching Band
Jul. '03, BC, family vacation
Dec. '03, ASMo/CR Garden Wing, Pop Warner NATIONAL Cheer Championships sixth in the nation!
Dec. '04, ASMu, Pop Warner NATIONAL Cheer Championships fourth in the nation!
Feb '05, AKL, with HS marching band
April '05, WL, adults only, engaged at V&A!
Feb. '07, CSR, Honeymoon Trip!
Sept. '08, CR, MK view at last!
musicmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #14
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

It really isn't a bad walk. As a matter of fact, it seemed about the same as the long haul we had from the far out wing of the AKL we were in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmom3 View Post
I am worried that I will miss the interior corridors of AKL, BC, and WL when I stay at CSR over President's week, but Buzz's website, which is SO helpful, has me really excited about trying something new. I am a bit concerned about being out in the Rancho section (I requested the Cabana area, but I know that a "request" is simply that), but since we have a car, we can always drive to the Pepper Market, I guess, if our tootsies are too sore to walk one more step! Thanks, Buzz, and keep the info coming for us newbies!
Old 12-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #15
musicmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
It really isn't a bad walk. As a matter of fact, it seemed about the same as the long haul we had from the far out wing of the AKL we were in.
I am laughing with the memory of the walk we had at AKL from our room on the Arusha Savannah...I guess it didn't seem so long because we were shielded from the weather in the corridor but it actually was long! Thanks for keeping things in perspective!
Feb. '03, WL, with HS marching Band
Jul. '03, BC, family vacation
Dec. '03, ASMo/CR Garden Wing, Pop Warner NATIONAL Cheer Championships sixth in the nation!
Dec. '04, ASMu, Pop Warner NATIONAL Cheer Championships fourth in the nation!
Feb '05, AKL, with HS marching band
April '05, WL, adults only, engaged at V&A!
Feb. '07, CSR, Honeymoon Trip!
Sept. '08, CR, MK view at last!
musicmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: