Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #16
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

OK, now the upper abdominal pain has gotten so bad that I'm not even worried about the lymph nodes anymore! The pain is on the left and right side right under my ribs and hurting into my back. I'm a mess...

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:08 AM   #17
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Am sorry to see you're still not feeling well. I wrote out a long post but decided to PM you instead of post it here. Hope you get some answers soon.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2007, 06:41 AM   #18
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Hope you are doing okay now. Please let us know!

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:27 AM   #19
Mackey Mouse
Me read the Navigator? I don't think so

tsk, tsk said in my best Bahsten accent

Tommy made Flubber

DISboards Moderator

Hugs to you...I was reading your symptoms and they were making me a bit nervous.. Have you had CT Scans...if you have said yes before, please forgive me as my mind is mush and I probably do not remember..

You have to get in there and fight for your rights and get some answers.....no one should be suffering with no answers, not with what we pay for medical insurance. These are not the dark ages....they need to find out what is causing you pain..

Please keep us in the loop and try to stay focused on getting some answers, it is so hard to do that when you do not feel well.. Hugs again.

Edited here: I saw that you had a CT scan and that showed nothing.. are there tests stronger than a ct scan... what about a pet scan? Just wondering.. Hope you are feeling somewhat better today.

Co-Moderator Restaurant Boards
Moderator, Coping and Compassion Board

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
Mackey Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:48 AM   #20
jann1033
Right now I'm an inch of natural and a foot of unnatural
The time has come to break out of my mold

so you went to the er and they sent you home bleeding cause the anemia wasn't worse? did they give you any explaination for the pain and bleeding?where are you bleeding, internal, external? this makes no sense...have you been to more than one dr? if not i think i'd go to a new internist and see if they can't see things from another perspective.

The Poetry of Light website
jann1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #21
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

i've been sick for over 7 years. the cfs is terrible, but half of the medical community doesnt even believe that it exists. because i am a young-looking 20-something female, they assume that I am making it up, its all in my head, its stress... any number of things.

it sure would be nice if someone would do a few tests! i live like a hermit cause i work 40 hrs a week and after that i essentially have to be in bed the rest of the time! so i know how you feel when drs dont listen. they assume because you are not dying you are living a normal life.
KPeveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #22
Mackey Mouse

Tommy made Flubber

DISboards Moderator

Hugs to you too KP... geez.. I hate reading this that so many of you are living in pain with no help. It breaks my heart...

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
Old 01-05-2007, 05:01 PM   #23
disney kid at heart
DIS Veteran

So sorry for all the problems you are having. Have you seen a gastroenterologist? My DH was just diagnosed with B12 defiency and he had been having trouble walking since last January. He was treated for varicose veins but the real culprit was B12. Dr looked at his nails and knew right away. Hope you get to the bottom of it and get better soon.
disney kid at heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #24
jann1033
Right now I'm an inch of natural and a foot of unnatural
The time has come to break out of my mold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPeveler View Post
i've been sick for over 7 years. the cfs is terrible, but half of the medical community doesnt even believe that it exists. because i am a young-looking 20-something female, they assume that I am making it up, its all in my head, its stress... any number of things.

it sure would be nice if someone would do a few tests! i live like a hermit cause i work 40 hrs a week and after that i essentially have to be in bed the rest of the time! so i know how you feel when drs dont listen. they assume because you are not dying you are living a normal life.
i've had cfs since 1988..there is a thread here on fibro and i posted there...maybe we should start our own? i've had all the tests and they don't help anyway although they should have done that since it's dxed really by excluding everything else. it is unbelievable the way the majority of drs act about it...i'm hoping since the cdc has at least been forced to wake up( after ignoring over 2000 published articles proving it's organic in origin and not all in any one's head) maybe it will start to trickle down to the rest of the medical establishment ...even though i still see lots of "lazy crazy" slanted articles .......
but i digress as i was
just originally stopping by hoping trublu had heard something good

The Poetry of Light website
jann1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:18 AM   #25
TruBlu

Thanks for all the concern!
I'm still in limbo here. I just finished another antibiotic, but it didn't really help with the lymph node swelling. My GI symptoms have improved a little, but I am still in a lot of pain. I have an appointment with a GI doc on Jan. 31. She is the one that did my colonoscopy and endoscopy back in July, so hopefully she will have some insight into my pain.

I've got to get better! We are going to visit Mickey in June and I've got to be ready to chase around my wild boys (DH included)!!!

Old 01-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #26
TruBlu

I shouldn't have said my GI symptoms were better! Last night was terrible. The pain shooting from my sides and stomach into my back was really bad. So, I'm off to see my primary care doc this afternoon. Hopefully they can help me.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #27
Mackey Mouse

Tommy made Flubber

DISboards Moderator

How did you do at the Doctor's.. I do not like this pain shooting into your back area...seems to me they can find out what this is.

Have they done an MRI? If a CT scan is not showing anything, you have had an endo and a colonoscopy, right?, and they are not showing anything.. what test is left... MRI??? Or is it a Pet Scan.. You have to get in there and push for further testing. No one should be in that kind of pain, sorry. no one.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #28
TruBlu

Well my doc is puzzled . He wanted me to go to the emergency room, but I've already tried that! So, I refused.

Now we are going to repeat the CT scan (the other one I had was back in November, and my symptoms are much worse now...). He is also going to try to get me in sooner with the GI doc.

For now, I'm just going to cry myself to sleep. Not really, but I am close!

Old 01-11-2007, 08:02 PM   #29
TruBlu

On a positive note... I didn't eat since lunch and my pain is better - not gone, but at least better.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:47 PM   #30
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu
For now, I'm just going to cry myself to sleep. Not really, but I am close!
Aww

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: