Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2007, 07:56 PM   #61
Ellester
DIS Veteran

double post, sorry. I'm going to bed now.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #62
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

What a fun installment! I loved the pics of the kidlets!
I can't believe your DS2 is >40 inches! Wow... whatcha feeding him?
My DS is pushing 36 inches... hoping for a growth spurt before our next trip.

So, would you recommend Akershaus for breakfast or CRT for lunch? I want to take DD to at least 1 princess meal, since 1900 Park Fare is under renovation. TIA!

Can't wait for the next installment.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2007, 12:32 PM   #63
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

You have such cute children! Ya know, my son had the same height issues. Some rides he was cleared, others he wasn't. He was right at the same 40" mark. It was odd, huh?

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #64
S.Poppins
Mouseketeer
They spoke a strange language

Ellester, I think every Peep is writing a report! I am trying to catch all of them and I just found yours! You are making me look bad, I have not even started yet, but the dining review is almost done!

Do you know that we were at Boma on the SAME night!!!? We were there at 7:00! Darnit, we might have been sitting right by each other!

Great report! I am loving the pics!
Old 01-31-2007, 01:43 PM   #65
Ellester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
So, would you recommend Akershaus for breakfast or CRT for lunch? I want to take DD to at least 1 princess meal, since 1900 Park Fare is under renovation. TIA!
Personally, I would go for Akershus. It is significantly cheaper and other than Cinderella, the princess rotation is generally the same. But, then again, there is something special about eating in "the" castle. You'll have to decide if it's worth the extra samolians to you. I'm sure your daughter would enjoy either one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
You have such cute children! Ya know, my son had the same height issues. Some rides he was cleared, others he wasn't. He was right at the same 40" mark. It was odd, huh?
Thanks! We like them. It is weird how the measurements go. The CM at Dinosaur had him stand in a particular spot under the bar to make sure he cleared it. There must be a slight bump under the one part. He made it on that one though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Poppins View Post
Ellester, I think every Peep is writing a report! I am trying to catch all of them and I just found yours! You are making me look bad, I have not even started yet, but the dining review is almost done!

Do you know that we were at Boma on the SAME night!!!? We were there at 7:00! Darnit, we might have been sitting right by each other!

Great report! I am loving the pics!
I need to catch up on your dining report. I caught the first installment, we've never been to Ohana. I keep wavering back and forth on it, I'm sure we'll try it one of these days!

We were at Boma at 5:30. We probably passed you as we were leaving! Did you see the CM's dancing and playing drums in the lobby? That was really cool.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:10 PM   #66
Ellester
DIS Veteran

John and the girls finally emerged from Test Track and we tore Andrew away from the Escalade he was driving and headed over to Mission: Space. First we caught the Jamminators. Andrew really enjoyed the show, he is a musical/percussion loving little guy.

I don't have a picture of Mission: Space, but I found one of the previous incarnation, Horizons, being built in 1983. I always liked that pavilion.

Laura was having some sinus issues, so she volunteered to take Andrew to the exit area and wait for us. My mom and Marcus went on the green side, the rest of us on the orange. John took Rebecca with him and I took Cassie and Anabelle. Cassie didn’t look real sure, and I asked her about 10 times if she wanted me to take her to her mom. But, she insisted she wanted to try it. Of course, as we were buckled in and starting, she decided she really wanted out. Sorry, kid, too late now. She suffered through and we managed to land on Mars. I enjoyed it, but I doubt I will ride it again. As I have gotten older, I’ve found my tolerance for centrifugal forces has radically decreased. Mission Space was right at my limit and if it was any longer, I think my breakfast would have reappeared. It makes me sad, as I love the thrill rides and used to be able to ride anything, anytime. But, as it was, I tottered off and can say that I did it. Cassie was tearful, but overall alright. John and my girls LOVED it. We met up with the rest of the crew in the play area at the exit and decided a snack was in order.

We settled on a delicious combo of hot pretzels and Fruit-by-the-Foot (conveniently stored in my Baggallini!) and decided to hit the classic Spaceship Earth. This is usually now a walk on, and today was no exception. I waxed nostalgic, remembering when it was an hour+ wait and the queue wound around both sides of the entrance. Oh how times have changed! I always enjoy this ride. Anabelle sat with me, much to her chagrin. The whole day was an ongoing argument about who got to sit with Cassie. Cassie and Anabelle typically gang up on poor little Rebecca and exclude her more often than not. It makes me crazy and sometimes I just have to intervene on behalf of my sweet little five year old. So, I decreed that Rebecca and Cassie were to ride together this time. Anabelle liked the ride until the end when Cassie and Rebecca declared it to be borrrr-ing. Then Anabelle declared she only liked it “a little”. Gotta love that preteen peer pressure. Not.

Anabelle had been asking to visit the Imagination Pavilion all day, so that was our next stop. I have always had a soft spot for Figment. I know lots of people aren’t crazy about him, but he reminds me of my trips to Epcot soon after it opened. I don’t think any of the “original” Disney characters appeared in Epcot back then, so Figment was it! There was a longer line for Journey Into Imagination than I had expected, but we toughed it out and were on in 20 minutes or so. Andrew really seemed to like this one, the girls liked it except for the skunk. We spent a good amount of time in the area after the ride. The girls sent their grandparents their picture creations and got their fill of the other activities.

I was worried that since it was later in the day, the wait at Living Seas would be too long. It was longer than I would have liked, but since the kids had their cousins to play with they even liked the queues. The Nemo ride was OK. John wasn’t overly impressed, he thought it was like riding by a bunch of giant screen TV’s. Yeah, but there are real fish in there too! I wouldn’t want to wait for it again, but I’m glad we did it once. We were able to get into the next Turtle Talk show and it was hilarious! The kids sat up front but didn’t want to be called on, so that was fine. The majority of our show involved a running gag about a bra, so maybe not the most kid appropriate. But we grown-ups were all cracking up. After the requisite pictures with Bruce, we were getting pretty hungry.

Yum, yum, yum:

Andrew was too scared to get in the shark, so he settled for a knothole. Still cute:

I wanted to eat in Morocco, which was fine with everyone. Laura requested a stop in Mexico for a Margarita, so we took the long way around the World Showcase. My mom took the kids into Mexico to browse at the market (Rio del Tiempo was down for refurbishment) and we met them inside with yummy Fiesta Margaritas in hand. Andrew was not pleased that I wouldn’t share my “icee” with him, but he got over it.

We finally made it over to Morocco and had dinner at the Tangerine Café. It was really good, better than I had expected and I had fairly high expectations. Laura commented that it was less than ½ the price of their breakfast at Akershus (they were paying cash). Rebecca had a little snit because she wanted a cheese only pizza, by which she meant no sauce. Well, I didn’t realize that since typically we have pizza with sauce so she was not happy when I brought her a pizza with cheese and sauce. She ended up sharing Anabelle’s chicken tenders so no one went away hungry.

Our energy levels were quickly dropping and the air was getting chillier as dusk set in. We walked down to Japan so the girls could look in the store (this in an ongoing theme for the week, they bought almost nothing but they love to browse). Marcus didn’t have a jacket and was wearing the shirt my mom had brought to use for a jacket so Laura wanted to get him something so my mom could have her shirt back. There was nothing in Japan for a reasonable price, so we ventured on. Since this was their only day at the parks, we let Cassie pick the last two countries she wanted to visit. (Don’t feel too sorry for them, they were last in the World in October and visited the other three parks. The child is not Disney deprived.) She picked France and England, so off we went. The girls were very disappointed with the stores in France, our stay there was brief. Laura was still looking for a sweatshirt for Marcus so we stopped in the store by the International Gateway. The did have sweatshirts, but $38 was the cheapest and Laura decided it would be a waste since we were almost done for the day. John and Andrew were way over the shopping experience by now, so they evacuated to outside. We soon followed and made one last World Showcase stop for a very quick run through the toy store in England and a quick visit with Alice. Andrew finally zonked out in John’s arms.

Quite the proper introductions:

We still had our FastPasses from the morning for Soarin’ so we decided to use them before we headed out. John and I sat out with a sleeping Andrew while the rest rode and then we handed off Andrew to my mom and took our turn. Andrew woke back up soon after we had left and was running around like only a two year old can when we got back. We decided we were too wiped to stay for Illuminations, so we headed to the bus. After a short wait and ride, we were back at our villa. I still had the DDP credits to work out and Anabelle and Cassie were still asking for the ice cream I had promised them earlier in the day, they (and my mom) tagged along with me. It was a fairly easy fix at the front desk and she printed out a list of our remaining credits so I could see that it was really taken care of. I accepted their apologies and met my mom in the Artist’s Palette where the girls were browsing yet again. They settled on Chipwiches for their treat since the Mickey Bar bin was empty and we headed back home to collapse.

The rest of the kids were out by the time we returned and we were not far behind them. Maintenance did find my mom’s earring, so that was a nice surprise. Housekeeping also left two sharp’s containers for my mom (she’s diabetic). We didn’t actually request them, so I don’t know if they saw it noted from our last visit with her in 2001 (we requested a fridge for her insulin at the All-Star Sports) or if they saw her supplies while they were working on the sink. In any case, it was nice that they brought them. We all settled in for the night. Tomorrow is MK and a surprise reunion!
Old 01-31-2007, 02:33 PM   #67
lexmelinda
Has a Seussical googling DD
I'll remember from now on

Great installment, Ellen! Sounds like a long day at Epcot.

Listen, I know all about the girl cousin thing and who's gonna sit by her and ride with her, etc. Feel your pain there.

I love the CS at Morocco....fabulous. Sorry I didn't eat there last time. AND the shopping in Japan. My kids loved that store too. Did you go all the way to the back where the candy is? I didn't think it would ever end!

Sorry the Nemo ride is just so-so. I was hoping for spectacular.

Glad they found your mom's earring!

What a great day!
Old 01-31-2007, 02:59 PM   #68
Blaynexox
DIS Veteran

great installment! I cant get over how cute your kids are!!

Me and DFiance -
First Trip to Disney Feb. 13th - 23rd 2007!

Me and DFiance
2 Week Disneymoon Oct. 4 - 18th 2011!!
Old 01-31-2007, 03:10 PM   #69
Ellester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmelinda View Post
Great installment, Ellen! Sounds like a long day at Epcot.

Listen, I know all about the girl cousin thing and who's gonna sit by her and ride with her, etc. Feel your pain there.

I love the CS at Morocco....fabulous. Sorry I didn't eat there last time. AND the shopping in Japan. My kids loved that store too. Did you go all the way to the back where the candy is? I didn't think it would ever end!

Sorry the Nemo ride is just so-so. I was hoping for spectacular.

Glad they found your mom's earring!

What a great day!
It was a long day, our longest of the trip. But since my step-sister and her kids only had a one-day ticket we wanted them to get their money's worth! I had suggested going back so the kids could swim, but Cassie has hair extensions and apparently they can't get wet. The night before she had gotten them damp so another night at the pool was totally out of the question! When she has the extensions they can't even wash her hair!

I was too exhausted by the time we got to Japan to do much more than stare blankly at the Hello Kitty PJ's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaynexox View Post
great installment! I cant get over how cute your kids are!!
Thanks! I know you are getting excited, your trip is almost here! You and your sweeties (puppy and Todd) are both adorable! I'll have to catch up on your pre-trippie soon!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:03 PM   #70
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading!
I know how it feels to just not be able to go on another minute!

Your little man is just the cutest lil' guy in his knot hole!

The detail about the sauce on the pizza is the kind of expensive detail
that frustrates me when I'm overtired and blistered. Even when it's not my precious angel being picky!

I love all your old photos! I'm more familiar with DisneyLand since I grew up in the area and went a gazillion times. But WDW is my favorite now and LOVE it's history. Seeing it in pictures is just awsome! Thank you for that nice touch!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:03 PM   #71
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

I am really having a good time reading your report!! The mix of old and new has me waxing nostalgic and looking forward to my next trip at the same time! Great combo!

I love the way your wrapped up the trip! What a great idea. I think I may have to "borrow" that. We are going on a Disney trip this Nov/Dec that is a surprise trip. I am thinking I might get my little kiddos an early Christmas gift and let them have at it! What a neat idea!!

Your three little beauties are so photogenic! Keep up the great work!

HELLO PEEPS!!

Last edited by jaycns; 01-31-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:05 PM   #72
krismom
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

I love the trip down memory lane... wonderful trip report- looking forward to more!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:20 AM   #73
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Ellen, you've been busy! I'm all caught up now - so many good stories and so little time to comment! It sounds like ana amazing trip already, and the kids are all so gorgeous. Great pics!
Looking forward to more

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 02-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #74
Ellester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahMama View Post
Whew! I'm exhausted just reading!
I know how it feels to just not be able to go on another minute!

Your little man is just the cutest lil' guy in his knot hole!

The detail about the sauce on the pizza is the kind of expensive detail
that frustrates me when I'm overtired and blistered. Even when it's not my precious angel being picky!

I love all your old photos! I'm more familiar with DisneyLand since I grew up in the area and went a gazillion times. But WDW is my favorite now and LOVE it's history. Seeing it in pictures is just awsome! Thank you for that nice touch!
Thanks UM! We do love our little guy, although as you well know 2 year olds have their issues! I really want to get to DL one day. The only opportunity I've ever had was when I was out there on business, but DH had some health issues so I didn't get to go. One day I'll ride the Matterhorn and DL's Pirates!

I would have caught the pizza thing if I wasn't so overstimulated by that time. It worked out OK, the pizza really didn't look that appetizing. I should have changed the order when I saw them take it out of the oven, but live and learn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycns View Post
I am really having a good time reading your report!! The mix of old and new has me waxing nostalgic and looking forward to my next trip at the same time! Great combo!

I love the way your wrapped up the trip! What a great idea. I think I may have to "borrow" that. We are going on a Disney trip this Nov/Dec that is a surprise trip. I am thinking I might get my little kiddos an early Christmas gift and let them have at it! What a neat idea!!

Your three little beauties are so photogenic! Keep up the great work!

HELLO PEEPS!!
Hey Jacyns! The boxes worked out great. Feel free to borrow and all ideas! I love Disney at Christmas. Maybe December 2008 for us. Us homeschoolers so love those off seasons, don't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismom View Post
I love the trip down memory lane... wonderful trip report- looking forward to more!
Thanks, Krismom. I hope to get a few installments up this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Ellen, you've been busy! I'm all caught up now - so many good stories and so little time to comment! It sounds like ana amazing trip already, and the kids are all so gorgeous. Great pics!
Looking forward to more
Hi V! There are so many great trip reports going right now, I have trouble stopping reading and buckling down to do mine! It was a great trip, despite some major bump that will be reported later. By the way, I love your new siggie pic. Your little guy is so sweet!

We're off to homeschool tennis and park day, but hopefully I'll get some time tonight or tomorrow to post more. The girls are having friends over for a sleepover, so I may get some free time while they are otherwise occupied!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #75
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellester View Post
Hey Jacyns! The boxes worked out great. Feel free to borrow and all ideas! I love Disney at Christmas. Maybe December 2008 for us. Us homeschoolers so love those off seasons, don't we?
Why thanks! Don't mind if I do (borrow your awesome idea)!! You just made a cameo appearance in my pre trip report!

THANKS FOR AN AMAZING IDEA!! Love it!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: