Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #136
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Another great couple of days I can't believe Rebecca loves TOT so much I can't get my DD's on it! So pleased Andrew was better for MK, hope your Mum didn't have Andrews bug and give it to the rest of you. Well done on the dream fast passes
Old 03-13-2007, 03:16 PM   #137
Ellester
DIS Veteran

Saturday, January 20th continued

It was approaching noon and the park was getting busier and busier. Everyone wanted to ride Pirates again so we headed over there hoping to beat the big crowds. Well, the line was not out the door yet, so that was good. Thankfully Pirates is such a high capacity ride that we didnít wait too terribly long. The girls enjoyed browsing at the dump shop, but decided not to part with any hard earned allowance. We caught most of the Jack Sparrow show, it was cute. Anabelle was too scared at the end to go up and take the pirate pledge and then experienced sharp remorse when she didnít get one of the scrolls they were handing out. Luckily, several other remorseful pirate wannabes had nicer moms who went up and asked for a scroll. The assistant pirate gave a huge stack to one of the women and told her to hand them out! There were plenty so each kid has their own pirate certificate. Anabelle was a bit disappointed that it wasnít a treasure map. After a quick visit with Hook and Smee, we picked up FPís for the Jungle Cruise and then realized that breakfast was long ago and we were hungry.

Avast ye bilge rats!

We opted for Pecos Billís since it was right there. It was absolutely packed, but we knew everywhere else would be the same so we stuck it out. I knew there was no way on earth I was going to get my girls to eat sloppy joes or cold chicken while John and I chowed on cheeseburgers, so I decided to cheat. Turn me in if you must, but I used one of my momís adult counter service credits for a double cheeseburger for the girls to split. I did get Andrew a chilled chicken meal. He liked the one with cheese earlier in the week at Columbia Harbour House. But this one had no cheese, only raw carrots and celery. Nice how they put choking hazards in the kidsí meals. Anyway, I liked the carrots (I donít do celery). This was a bit of a stressful meal since it was so crowded. I asked John to find a table in the back towards Adventureland, but he grabbed the first one he saw and it was cozy to say the least. Eating lunch at 11:15 all week was so the way to go. If I had dealt with this craziness all week, I would have lost it. Tummies full, we headed over to use our FPís on the Jungle Cruise. Neither of the girls remembered it from our last trip, so they really enjoyed it.

On Monday, Andrew had expressed great interest in riding the Liberty Bell so we wanted to do that next before it got put off again. We got on right before they cast off. No wait after boarding, so that was nice. I really donít understand why they donít put more seats on the boat. A row of benches along the edge wouldnít take up too much space, seems to me. As it was, we enjoyed the brief tour around Tom Sawyerís Island. We thought the kids would really enjoy the island, so thatís what we did next. As we suspected, they loved just running around, playing in the fort, and investigating the caves.

While at the fort, Andrew sat with another two year old at the checkers table. The other little boy's brother was trying to teach them how to play, but being two the little guys only wanted to stack their checkers. The older brother was getting a little frustrated, it was hilarious! I told his mom that if he could teach two year old boys how to play checkers, he certainly had a career in education ahead of him!

The finer points of checkers are lost on preschoolers:

The teacher became a bit flustered:

My mom had called and said that she was feeling a little better and was on her way. She met up with us as we were getting ready to leave the Island. She looked marginally better, but the kids were happy to see Grammy. While we were waiting for a raft back to the mainland, a DreamTeam CM arrived and sat on one of the benches. I kept waiting for something, but nothing exciting. She just sat there visiting with people. She didnít get on our raft, so Iíll never know if she was waiting to give some big prize or not.

The day was flying by, as last days seem to do. We had not ridden Small World yet, so that was next. It was posted as a 30 minute wait, but I knew it would not be nearly that long. The queue line wasnít quite to the edge of the building. Sure enough, we were happily singing along in less than 15 minutes. Normally I would not wait that long for SM, but Andrew had never been on it and time was running short. He absolutely loved it, he was mesmerized the entire time.

Rebecca on IASW:

Andrew on IASW:

John and the girls wanted to hit Space Mountain again before we headed to Kona Cafť for our last dinner. So back over to Tommorrowland we went. We had four FastPasses from earlier and we still had the two Dream FPís, so they were able to ride twice in a row. Meanwhile, my mom and I used the Buzz Dream FPís to ride with Andrew. As we were exiting Buzz, we saw Mr. Lightyear himself over by the Carousel of Progress. We took Andrew over to see him and Andrew was thrilled! I was really surprised at how excited he was, it was a nice way to wind down our trip.

Andrew and Buzz:

We hooked back up with John and the girls and realized that it was time to head over to Kona. This is where I had issues with the Dining Plan. If we didnít have the plan, we would have stayed at the park and just grabbed something or headed back to the villa. Everyone was exhausted and mom still wasnít feeling great, but we still had two table service meals worth of credits left. Andrewís illness short-circuited a few of our meals and we had skipped our Le Cellier ADRís when my sister came up (that would have been just too much money for her to spend after breakfast at Akershus). If our originally meal plan had worked out, Kona would have been out of pocket so easily skipped. As it was, we caught the train from Toontown to the front of the park and said goodbye to MK for the trip. We were a little late to Kona, for some reason my cellphone had gotten stuck on 5:45pm and I thought we had more time than we did to get there. Even so, we were seated almost immediately. The kids were so tired that they all fell asleep as their entrees arrived! We had our desserts packed to go and headed back to SSR one last time. Sniff, sniff. We watched parts of Wishes from the bus. I had originally planned on watching them from the Poly beach, but the kids were just too wiped out. I packed up a little and we all hit the sack.Tomorrow we were headed home.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2007, 08:26 PM   #138
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

The last day of vacation is hard. Sorry to hear all kiddos were sleepy at Kona.

Just me and my girlÖa very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 03-19-2007, 06:00 PM   #139
Alyssa88
I love it! Bad football team, good academics
I thought you were here. :)

Just found and read your report. I love it!!

So sorry you guys had to deal with being in sick in WDW, poor Andrew and Grandma, but it sounds like you guys still managed to have a great time!
January of 2007-Port Orleans Riverside with family. Got to celebrate my 19th birthday!
June of 2009-POP CENTURY with the best friend to celebrate our College graduation!! 21
April 2013- Art of Animation (NEMO) to introduce my niece to WDW
Old 03-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #140
Ellester
DIS Veteran

Welcome aboard Alyssa! I just have one more installment to get up, that always sad going home day! Glad you are enjoying it, despite the bumps it really was a great trip!
Old 03-19-2007, 08:15 PM   #141
Ellester
DIS Veteran

Sunday, January 21st

Departure day. Bittersweet to be sure. My mom had been sick again and was hoping to make it home to Charlotte without further incident. I took her up to catch her ME bus, stopping at the Artistís Palette one last time. We still had a counter service credit left and the CM said since it was breakfast I could get a juice, drink, and pastry. So I grabbed a chocolate croissant, apple juice, and a water and headed back to help pack up. We still had two adult and two child table service credits left. When we realized that we would have them left the previous day at the MK, I called to see if we could get into Boma for breakfast. They had a 10:20 ADR available, so we took it. It was really a nice way to end the trip. The food was excellent and I am really coming to love the AKL. It is just so out of the ordinary! We fell in love with the pressed pot coffee, and have since bought a press pot to use at home. Yummy!

We still had one more errand to run. Anabelle had decided the day before that she did indeed want the Baby Marie. They didnít have it at the Poly, SSR, or AKL gift shops so we headed over to Downtown Disney. I was secretly glad, I really wanted to get a picture frame for us and one for my mom to commemorate the trip.

Rebecca saying goodbye to Aurora:

With her Lego dog friends:

Andrew trying to get Anabelle to admire his tower:

World of Disney was full of happy shoppers. Once our choices were made, I sent the kids with John to the LEGO store while I waited to pay. The people in front of me were buying 18 of the same snowglobe. Fortunately one of the CMís asked them if they were planning taking them as carry on luggage and they said that they were. Well, apparently snow globes are on the prohibited list and would have been confiscated! The people decided to have them shipped since their luggage was already packed. They were very thankful the CM thought to ask them. That would have been terrible for them, it was like $300 worth of snow globes! I made my much smaller purchase and met up with John and the kids. We made one last potty visit and hit the road. The Western Beltway was just as empty. We actually saw vultures hanging out on the road!

The trip home was fairly uneventful. I had just called my mom to tell her we were pulling into our neighborhood when I heard the final ďcryĒ of the trip. Yes, Andrew decided that his McDonalds cheeseburger was not going to stay in his tummy. Thankfully, we were literally only a minute from home so we just hauled him right into the tub and my first job home was to clean his car seat. Nice way to end. Not. The girls got into some big silly argument and there was yelling from everyone but Andrew. Iím not proud, it was not the best way to end the week. We were all feeling the effects of a long week and that dreaded post vacation letdown. I think we were all thankful to collapse in our own beds.

Overall, we had a wonderful trip. Several bumps, of course, but all in all a great vacation. If you ask Andrew about the trip, the first thing he still says is ďI frow up at Dizzy WorlĒ. Rebecca has finally stopped saying ďI wish we were in Disney World right nowĒ five times a day. I hoping for our next trip in the fall of 2008. Johnís new job has one of the worst vacation policies Iíve ever seen. He used up all five days of vacation he gets this year on our trip. He only gets five days next year as well, but in September 2008 heíll get ten days. Very frustrating since he was up to 20 days at his old job, but what can you do? Weíll deal with it, as if we had another reasonable choice!

Thanks to all who stuck with me through all the ups and downs of this trip report. I really enjoyed reliving our trip through the writing of it. But, I have to admit I am looking forward to just going back to reading and commenting on everyone else's! Hope to see you real soon!

~Ellen
Old 03-19-2007, 09:09 PM   #142
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

Thanks for sharing your memory filled trip with us! I really enjoyed this trip report! Your kids are just cute as buttons! And I love the humor you throw into your writing! THANKS ELLESTER! What an awesome report...I am sad to see it over!!

PS WOW, they sure did buy a LOAD of snow globes!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:10 PM   #143
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Oh man, what a way to end the trip! Poor Andrew and Grandma!

I'm so sorry it's over! I've really enjoyed reading your TR! Even with all the hiccups, it sounded like a wonderful trip!

Thanks for sharing!!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:29 PM   #144
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Enjoyed your report. Hope the next trip has fewer tummy troubles!

Kathy
Old 03-19-2007, 09:45 PM   #145
natale1980
"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"... Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

18 of the same snow globe???? Can anyone say Ebay???

Great TR... I'm sad that it's over!!

-nat
Old 03-20-2007, 08:06 AM   #146
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Thanks for a great TR glad Andrew nearly made it all the way home and hope he doesn't think he'll "frow up" every time he goes to WDW.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #147
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I have really enjoyed your report!!! Thank you for taking the time to write and share pictures.

Just me and my girlÖa very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 03-22-2007, 08:20 PM   #148
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Oh I am so sad to see it end. I am so glad you took the time to write and share your adventure with us! I loved seeing all your pictures, your kiddos are beautiful!

2008 is next up for us too, can't come soon enough! And yes that is too bad about your DH's vacation policy. 5 days? Wow, that is not very much is it.

Allyson
Old 03-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #149
Alyssa88
I love it! Bad football team, good academics
I thought you were here. :)

I'm a little sad that its all over, I found you too late (but better late than never, right?). I loved it, hope I get to read about another trip from you guys!!
January of 2007-Port Orleans Riverside with family. Got to celebrate my 19th birthday!
June of 2009-POP CENTURY with the best friend to celebrate our College graduation!! 21
April 2013- Art of Animation (NEMO) to introduce my niece to WDW
Old 03-22-2007, 09:09 PM   #150
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

Loved this TR.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: