Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #1
Miffy
DIS Veteran

DME info arrived but it doesn't know our flight #s

We were so thrilled to get our DME package in the mail last week, nearly 5 weeks ahead of our trip, but I noticed that it doesn't have our airline or flight #s printed in it, even though I gave all that information to the person I booked our rooms and DME with.

Is it necessary to call back and give them our flight info again or is this info never printed in the booklet?

TIA for help.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I wouldn't worry about it. As long as the resort info is correct you should be good to go. I'm not at all sure what they really need the arrival flight info for, other than to be able to track who is coming in at what time. But, the flight info going home is a bit more important. That's what they use to decide on a pick-up time for you at the resort. I have always given it to them when I checkin upon arrival at MCO, at the DME checkin desk.
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2006, 04:26 AM   #3
slruud
DIS Veteran

The same thing happened to us. I called the DME number and the person said some of the information from the reservation people, flights, etc. is not getting to them, so he just took the flight info both ways, and said we're good to go. I agree it is probably more important for the return, but you can probably do that at DME check-in.
slruud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
GoofyBaseballMom26
DIS Veteran

Just got mine too and the flight info isn't on it either. I know they have it because it was in my reservation information received. I'm going to call them and give it to them again just to make sure though. I think the arrival flight info triggers them to look for luggage to pick up to take to the resorts.
GoofyBaseballMom26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:19 AM   #5
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyBaseballMom26
Just got mine too and the flight info isn't on it either. I know they have it because it was in my reservation information received. I'm going to call them and give it to them again just to make sure though. I think the arrival flight info triggers them to look for luggage to pick up to take to the resorts.
The yellow, bar coded, tag is what triggers the luggage to pulled. Luggage is usually pulled right off the tarmac.

The arrival time helps Disney decide how many buses are needed at different times of the day but DME probably already has a good idea of passenger distribution. I'd want Disney to have my flight information if my flight was very late, after 11:00p, certainly after midnight.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:29 PM   #6
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

me neither

I got mine the other day and the flight info was blank on it too.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:49 PM   #7
GoofyBaseballMom26
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc
The yellow, bar coded, tag is what triggers the luggage to pulled. Luggage is usually pulled right off the tarmac.

The arrival time helps Disney decide how many buses are needed at different times of the day but DME probably already has a good idea of passenger distribution. I'd want Disney to have my flight information if my flight was very late, after 11:00p, certainly after midnight.

I knew the yellow tags were the primary trigger but the bus organization makes sense too. I just knew that the reservation CMs have always told me to let them know if my arrival flight changed. I fiqured since not everyone flying in is going to WDW that it helps them to know which flights to look for in order to look for the yellow tags. Thanks for the info!
GoofyBaseballMom26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:25 PM   #8
goofyinohio
DIS Veteran

Yes we got ours back blank as well. This also happened to us in August. I've had more problems with Disney Reservations that I booked it this time through the Internet. Then some how again they cancelled my reservation (And didn't let us know) and opened a new reservation. The only reason I noticed was because it showed we got a credit on our old reservation. What a mess.

goofyinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:08 AM   #9
Miffy
DIS Veteran

Update

I (finally!) called DME yesterday. They had our names and arrival and departure dates, but not our flight numbers. The lovely woman I spoke with said that often some information is lost in the transfer between the WDW computer system and theirs. I gave her our flight #s and times, so now it's on their system.

The call's toll-free, so if any of you have the same situation, give them a call so they'll know your flight info before you get there. 1-866-599-0951.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #10
Peri

you wear those ears with pride!
I all my VMK friends

Yes, I did the same thing, I called and gave all the info and they sent the packet with no information in it. I called and they were very helpful and entered it all in again (said it was not there!). So hopefully we won't have to hitchhike to the resort! ha ha.

Wilderness Lodge - 2007, 2012
Disneyland: Since 1961 - almost every year & sometimes twice a year!
Peri is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: