Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #1
danandjackie
Mouseketeer

Dan and Jackies (Not in these Shoes) Nov 06 - day 03

Day 3

Today started with another morning trek at 6.45 by myself to the food court for breakfast. However, the food court, I discovered, did not open til 7.00 which seemed a little daft considering that buses were already leaving for the parks and we wanted to get to MGM for the EMH. Well at least my pancakes and omelette were extremely fresh this morning as I was first in the line for them.

We arrived at MGM just before 8.00am to find a line already stretching back quite a long way. We already knew this was the first morning of the ABC soap weekend but we had a cunning plan. Fortunately when the gates opened the major queues turned out to be to enter some sort of ticketed event, so park guests entered very quickly. I think the ABC weekend was best summed up by a comment we heard a young American father say to his family. Turning to his wife and children as we turned down an empty sunset blvd towards the Tower of Terror he said, “Jeez, did you see all those couch potatoes in that line. Those turkey legs are gonna take a hammering today”.. Now I am glad he said that, because I have to admit, I have never seen so many women of a certain size in one space in my life. It was like thousands of Roseanne look-alikes had descended on MGM. No food would be safe.

Actually despite the masses flocking to see some Z list actors the ToT and R n R remained empty. Fast passes were not needed as the rides remained walk-ons all morning. So 5 ToTs later and 4 RnR we found ourselves heading back to the exit to grab a boat back to EPCOT to keep our lunch date in Norway.

As I mentioned in the BlueZoo review dining is all part of the experience for us and we try not to repeat a dining experience wherever possible. When we were looking for lunch places I seemed to remember picking Norway because of the seafood buffet. I booked all our ADRs at once, 90 days out and remember being slightly bemused when the CM taking the call said something like “ Princesses are subject to availability.” What the heck?!

Finally we arrive at Arkershus and it all makes sense. After refusing a tempting offer to be photographed with Ariel, ( which turns out to be a very good choice as they are charging a cool $31 a pop!) we are seated and our server, the entertaining Ted, from Ovre Alta shows us to the buffet and takes our drinks order, returning with a frightening blue cocktail complete with belisha beacon flashing ice cube, ok lets draw attention to ourselves.

Ted seems to have difficulty with the fact that an English couple can possibly be in Epcot not wearing football shirts or extolling the virtues of the latest Man Utd signing so a lecture is given putting him right on the matter.

Ted is actually quite a laugh. “So you are here for the princesses eh” wink wink. This he says to Jackie not myself of course .

The Seafood buffet is very nice though the cocktail hardly suits it so wine is ordered (a lovely Ravenswood from Lodi) which does take a rather long time to appear. Ted recommends a dish called rather unpronouceabley Kjottake, it comprises ground Beef and Pork in a sort of meat loaf mixture, it’s tasty but lets just say I think Norway should stick to the Fish.

Finally the speciality course appears in the form of the princesses. To give them full credit none are fazed by two adults, only one asks if our children!!?? are in the bathroom. I cannot resist giving marks in a 'strictly come dancing' sort of way. Snow white appears first; 7 from me, I find her frightening though Jackie seems to like her, she’s followed by Belle who deserves a 10 for having the fakest French accent in the world, I just wish I carried on the conversation with her in fluent francais, though it may be a trap, perhaps she’s Montreal Belle.

Alice can share a 7 with Snow White, a little matronly (and slightly too old for Alice me thinks). Jasmine therefore gets second place with an 8. Jasmine has a rather clever pose that ensures you don’t grab hold of any of her naked nether regions, mind you with the icy air conditioning in here I am not surprised, if you did touch bare flesh she would probably jump through the roof and catch frostbite.

After lunch more time is spent exploring the World Showcase in more detail than yesterday, whilst Jackie wanders around practicing her best Snow White moves and waves, so relaxing, and a great way to work off the meal. We enjoy a performance from the pipes and drums at he American Pavilion and a session with the British Invasion in England.

We then make our way back to EPCOT to do some filming for the video, re riding TT, and Mission Space repeatedly.

Its then time to head back to the room and change again as tonight we have a dinner date at Bistro du Paris (to follow)

Ps

I know there is a slight delay between days on these reports but keep with me.

a) builders and decorators keep moving my pc

b) another reason will become clear later as well (stay tuned)

Danny and Jackie

xx

Trip reports and Trip Videos and Restaurant Reviews

WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09, DLP Xmas 09, WDW Xmas/NY 10

Last edited by danandjackie; 12-03-2006 at 04:10 PM.
danandjackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danandjackie
another reason will become clear later as well (stay tuned)
Ooh! I like a bit of intrigue.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2006, 06:28 AM   #3
SusanEllen
DIS Veteran

It was a day's report worth the wait, Dan.

I'm not sure which is more impressive--the fact that you could continuously ride ToT and RnRC 4 and 5 times (because of non-existent lines) or the fact that you could continuously ride ToT and TnTC 4 and 5 times (because you had the legs steady enough to do so!).

Mighty perky pose with Belle. And don't you look happy to be next to Jasmine? I suppose we should thank you for sparing us the upsetting sight of a "frightening" Snow White and a "matronly" Alice, but am curious about why/how a photo with Ariel would have cost $31.

Watching for the Bistro report--and the video.
SusanEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:10 AM   #4
danandjackie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanEllen
It was a day's report worth the wait, Dan.

I am curious about why/how a photo with Ariel would have cost $31.
Susan

They came around with huge photos in a frame/ wallet affair, if you had had the pleasure of Ariel's company. and I'm almost certain they were asking for $31!! The guy at the next table politely declined as you can imagine. I'm cracking the whip with Dan to get the Bistro report up

Jackie

Trip reports and Trip Videos and Restaurant Reviews

WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09, DLP Xmas 09, WDW Xmas/NY 10
danandjackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
SusanEllen
DIS Veteran

OK, Jackie. Now I've got it--like the official pictures at the Hoop Dee Doo and other special occasion venues. Just didn't know they did that at a character meal. Can't imagine a photo with a princess any cuter than the ones you took. How much did you charge Dan?
SusanEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:30 AM   #6
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDEB
Ooh! I like a bit of intrigue.
yes me too

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:55 AM   #7
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Love your piccies
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:19 PM   #8
Lisash
Knows all the words to 'It's A Small World'
Doesn't tell friends of her DISboard addiction

Could that cocktail be any more blue!
June 2003 & August 2004 - Off-site Wyndham Orlando (I-Drive)December 2005 - Off-Site Doubletree at Universal. July 2005, December 2006, August 2007, December 2008, August 2009 & December 2010 - Marriott Fairfield LBV - August 2013 on site Disney's Yacht Club - December 2013 Marriott Fairfield LBV

Lisash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:02 PM   #9
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Great report and a lovely day

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #10
arieljasmine
Who says these things pass you by.....

You guys must have really strong stomachs - the thought of all that RnRC, ToT and Mission:Space makes me feel quite ill! Another great day.

ArielJasmine
May 2001 DLRP Santa Fe/September 2002 WDW All Star Music/December 2003 DLRP Sequoia Lodge/September 2004 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Pop Century/May 2005 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Coronado Springs/Disney Wonder/April 2006 WDW Pop Century/ September 2006 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Animal Kingdom Lodge/September 2007 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Hard Rock Hotel/Polynesian/Pop Century
arieljasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:33 AM   #11
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danandjackie View Post
b) another reason will become clear later as well (stay tuned)
That got my attention

Another great day and report

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:27 AM   #12
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

How wonderful to meet the princesses.

Susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: