DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #691
AllieV
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have pictures of the view from a first floor unit facing the boardwalk?
Old 06-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #692
gojoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieV View Post
Does anyone have pictures of the view from a first floor unit facing the boardwalk?
These were from the last room on the first floor, next to Jelly Rolls.
We never had any issue with nose from the club or patrons.

Register to remove

Old 06-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #693
Happy Birthday Cat
Wonders if the Hokey Pokey is REALLY what its all about?
And is Otto the one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshawa View Post
Any room locations you would suggest. We are looking forward to our stay. Any advice would be helpfull!!
We usually stay in the standard rooms but when we don't we like the Quiet Pool view. While it can be far away from the elevator, it is nice. Learn the location of the stairways if you are able to use them because they make getting to places (Boardwalk or the Studios) more convenient.

HBC

Learn about Restoring Hetch Hetchy at http://www.hetchhetchy.org/

Happy Birthday Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #694
AllieV
DIS Veteran

GoJoe, thanks! Those look higher up off the boardwalk, but it was the ground floor? Couple of questions on that room. I hear there is a back door near your room that exits right near jellyrolls so you don't have to walk all the way down the hallway then back up the boardwalk. True? Is there a patio or balcony off this room? Do you have any pics closer to your room to show how far off the boardwalk you are? Thanks so much.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #695
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
GoJoe, thanks! Those look higher up off the boardwalk, but it was the ground floor? Couple of questions on that room. I hear there is a back door near your room that exits right near jellyrolls so you don't have to walk all the way down the hallway then back up the boardwalk. True? Is there a patio or balcony off this room? Do you have any pics closer to your room to show how far off the boardwalk you are? Thanks so much.
We were one floor up from that room (rm 2001), and yes, there are stairs and a back door that leads to behind Jellyrolls. You have to walk around Jellyrolls and a service vehicle entrance to get to the Boardwalk. We used it frequently!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #696
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

Sooo looking forward to our 2nd stay here. Completely fell in love with BWV last year. I was originally disappointed because we couldn't get BCV. However, this is now my fav DVC. One of my favorite things to do is just take a walk to studios the studios and back in the morning while drinking coffee our of my Disney mug!

I can even get past the scary clown pool...but I swear I'm not swimming in it. That clown could suck me in ..never to be seen again....lol
Old 06-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #697
gojoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As far as I know there are not any rooms on the first floor Boardwalk view. The stores, the DVC sales, Big River restaurant and Jelly Rolls take up the first floor.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #698
Happy Birthday Cat
And is Otto the one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansyr2514 View Post
I can even get past the scary clown pool...but I swear I'm not swimming in it. That clown could suck me in ..never to be seen again....lol
I've been suggesting for a long time that they should turn the clown around so you slide into its mouth. It would certainly add to the experience.

HBC

Old 06-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #699
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojoe View Post
As far as I know there are not any rooms on the first floor Boardwalk view. The stores, the DVC sales, Big River restaurant and Jelly Rolls take up the first floor.
Not true. As you face the DVC Sales center, there are rooms just to the right, between the Sales Center and Jelly Rolls. They used to be part of the Sales Center but were converted to rooms when the BWV Sales Center was downsized and the main Sales Center moved to SSR.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #700
Happy Birthday Cat
And is Otto the one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojoe View Post
There are actually a couple of rooms at the end next to the preview center. One designated 1BR and a 2Br that can be divided. See this map from Shamus.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/50...rdwalkView.jpg

Every once in a while we get a Boardwalk View Room and I always request high floor, partially due to those rooms (that I've never had and shouldn't judge but can't help myself).

HBC

Old 06-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #701
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Birthday Cat View Post
I've been suggesting for a long time that they should turn the clown around so you slide into its mouth. It would certainly add to the experience.

HBC

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #702
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Finally became a BWV owner and have our first trip staying there booked for Dec 9-24. Looking forward to being able to walk to Epcot
Old 06-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #703
AllieV
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
Finally became a BWV owner and have our first trip staying there booked for Dec 9-24. Looking forward to being able to walk to Epcot
i love the boardwalk any time of year but christmas is really fabulous. They have a gingerbread house there and they sell something called Broke Bread or the like. The displays are really cool and santa roasts over a chimney fire Last early december it was VERY warm and we swam everyday, too. Oh, and check out the candy shop. It's all done up.

Do you have a boardwalk view?
Old 06-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #704
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

We love the Boardwalk. My standard view waitlist came in today for the week of December 14th - December 22nd. We can't decide on adding on points at the Boardwalk or somewhere else. ... congrats on your Boardwalk points!

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD13 DS11
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 10 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 11BWV September 11 BWV January 12 AKL Villa's May 12 SSR December 12 May 13 AKL BC Sept 13AKL March 14 OKW June 14Bay Lake AKL and Boardwalk December 14

MOM POPPINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #705
Happy Birthday Cat
And is Otto the one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM POPPINS View Post
My standard view waitlist came in today for the week of December 14th - December 22nd. We can't decide on adding on points at the Boardwalk or somewhere else.
Well worth it to own at the BWV to get first crack at standard view rooms and their low points. The point difference between the BWV standard view and other places really gets you more bang for the buck. Good luck deciding.

HBC

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: