DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2008, 11:45 AM   #151
Budshark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindymouse6 View Post
We have our BW contract up for sale.... my husband has had reservations listing it, but I insisted we sell to buy BLT points.... boy, you guys are making me totally rethink the idea!!! We have 4 kids and stay at BCV for the pool and OKW for the size of the room (not anymore...bad experience last July). We decided BCV and BLT will be our big trip each year and settle for OKW or SSR the other trips.... but BW is stunningly beautiful at Christmas....

I always get a room plum at the end of the hall and the walking is so dreaded with 4 little ones... but hey, smallest is 6 and all are older... and these days, you practically can't get into a resort unless it's your home resort....

hmmmmmm....... how to come up with cash for BLT.... I had no idea you could rent points till I found this site.... that is way cool.... hey, I should rent to my family.... you know, the ones I have been giving points to for FREE!!!!!

signed,
reconsidering...
Dear reconsidering

We have struggled with this as well. Luckily we were able to buy into BLT (we had been planning for over a year) without selling our BWV. Of course, the wife LOVES VWL and BCV. So the question becomes, with all the resales what do we do.

We have come to the conclusion (I think) that the commission, and loss on the BWV resale is too much to justify selling it. We do love BWV despite its quirks (no inside CS, difficult to refill mugs, long hallways, distant parking) - but she would rather have one of the others to go with BLT. I am now watching for a small VWL resale and will perhaps, over time, acquire enough points elsewhere that I can justify getting rid of BWV. But I'm not willing to sell my BWV just because... a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush... :D

Chris
Old 10-23-2008, 03:48 PM   #152
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

People are wondering where this is....here
Bump!
Bobbi
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #153
Kickapoo Joie Juice
Gone.

Just wanted to say that we spent our 15th wedding anniversary at BWV, top floor, epcot view, for the first time at BWV and it was an AWESOME vacation!

We almost bought BWV from disney about 10 years ago and chickened out. We later bought VWL, and while we love VWL and feel like it's our home, we also wish we had a BWV "home" now.
Kickapoo Joie Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #154
Melani
"keep moving forward"

We are still waiting to close and I'm getting very anxious.

We want to book a trip for Memorial Day week 2009. How hard do you think it will be to get a studio after the 7 month window opens?
Old 10-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #155
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melani View Post
We are still waiting to close and I'm getting very anxious.

We want to book a trip for Memorial Day week 2009. How hard do you think it will be to get a studio after the 7 month window opens?
We're close to that window right now! I'm hope to book something tomorrow at the 7 month window for my DSis, for one night after our DCL cruise. I hope we both get what we want! In the past, at 7 months I was able to get a studio at BCV for Memorial day weekend. I think BWV will be possible. I hope you close soon, and if nothing is available, do waitlist!

Bobbi
Old 10-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #156
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for bumping this up.
Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #157
Melani
"keep moving forward"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I'm hope to book something tomorrow at the 7 month window for my DSis, for one night after our DCL cruise. I hope we both get what we want!
Bobbi

Did you try to book today?

What was available?

Still no word and I emailed my agent 2 days ago asking for an update!
Old 10-24-2008, 11:20 AM   #158
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Hi! I wasn't trying for BWV this time...my family has a room at Kidani and I was hoping to get DSis there, but there were no studios with savannah view available there. She could have gotten one at Jambo, but I thought she would rather be with us in Kidani, so I booked her standard view. I know that I bought AKV for the animials, savannah view, and it looks like the other owners at AKV did too!

Bobbi
Old 10-25-2008, 08:06 AM   #159
photobob
DIS Veteran

I've stayed there twice and really have enjoyed it. I'd like to do an add on there at some point! The area is fantastic and the we like the kiester coaster!
*1997 CBR* *1999 ASMovies* *2001 ASMusic* *2003 Yacht Club* *2004 Yacht Club* *2005 Yacht Club* *2006 CSR* *2007 BWV* *2007 Vero Beach* *2008 VWL* *2008 DCL* *2008 BWV* *2009 Vero Beach* *2010 SSR* *2011 Beach Club!!**2013 AKV*
photobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #160
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Someone was asking for this, so here's a bump!
Bobbi
Old 11-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #161
annnewjerz
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

Thanks for the bump!
Old 11-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #162
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by annnewjerz View Post
Thanks for the bump!
Some of my favorite people are from NJ! You're welcome!

Bobbi
Old 11-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #163
zumbergc
DIS Veteran

where are the free washer / dryers at the BWV

We are staying for the first time in may, and wondering where the washer/dryers are? Since its both dvc and regular, are they at the pool area?

Thanks
Old 11-04-2008, 10:58 PM   #164
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbergc View Post
We are staying for the first time in may, and wondering where the washer/dryers are? Since its both dvc and regular, are they at the pool area?

Thanks
I think it might be best if someone PMs the answer to you... there have been complaints about non-dvc folk using the DVC laundry rooms for the 'free machines' after they read about them on these and other similar boards.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:42 AM   #165
DVC Mike

DVC Member @ BLT, VGC, VWL, BWV, BCV

I love BWV!

My favorite thing is to get a boardwalk view room and relax on the balcony in the early morning with a cup of coffee, watching as the lights turn off at YC/BC, the sun rises, and the boardwalk slowly comes to life (i.e., a line forms at Boardwalk Bakery!).

My DVC Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

DVC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: