Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2006, 08:29 AM   #1
dimoe
Hardworking Fastlearning Reality Queen

have returned home

We are just back from a week long vacation. It as fun and I will post a detailed trip report sometime this week. The one thing that I wanted to
let everyone know about is that we saw cheerleaders and football players everywhere and it was not dead like some have said. It was medium but most popular rides had wait times over 50 minutes.
If you have any questions feel free to ask away.
Diane
Old 12-11-2006, 08:36 AM   #2
Poohbear123
Will travel without lipstick
I was tingling at SSW
Born and raised in MIAMI
I sing along to the Piped in Music!...LOUD!

Red face Yes, it was very

BUSY to say the least! Hope you used fast pass!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2006, 08:50 AM   #3
deanainnc
Mouseketeer

We have just got home as well we were there all week and it was really busy. We did not even get on soaring it was a 75 min. wait and all fast passes were gone!!!! There were cheerleaders and foot ball players everywhere. We got onto ToT Thursday with a elevator full of cheerleaders that were doing cheers all through the ride. Really spoiled it for us. I thought these kids were to be busy with sports things during the day? Not so they were all over the parks and we stayed at ASMo and these kids acted like they had just been set free from the zoo. We have been to WDW 5 times in the last 9 years and this was the worst trip so far. It was actually a little worse that our trip in Feb. 2005 during the superbowl being at Jacksonville and Mardi Gras being early. We did MVMCP on Tuesday the 5th and was under the impression that the Pop Warner kids did not do the extra events. I was misinformed. This trip really burned us out on disney. It's not disney's fault it was just the whole Pop Warner thing.
deanainnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:05 AM   #4
dianemb
DIS Veteran

We were there last year the same week and never saw any of the kids except the last night a few cheerleaders. This year was a totally different story. There were groups of kids (no supervision) everywhere. I know the kids are enthusiatic but the constant cheering is a bit much for the rest of us. I really think next time I won't go this week. We had really good luck with all the rides. We got 1 fast pass for expidition everest one day but we were ther last Fridaty morning and walked onto it twice with less than a 15 minute wait each time. Most rides were posted 20 minutes but I don't think we ever waited the stated time at any ride.
PACO (RIP) DINGO
dianemb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #5
Subrbnmommy
DIS Veteran

The crowds didn't really bother me, with the high occpancy rate throughout the world I had assumed larger crowds. But the constant cheering really got to me. Cheering in lines, in rides, throughout the park. Geez people, we all know that you're cheerleaders, a little respect for the rest of us would've been nice.

Disney Wonder, Magic, Dream and Fantasy
Subrbnmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:00 AM   #6
Tickla
Mouseketeer

I feel for everyone who just got back! We used to go this same time every year,but last year ruined it for us too- we could not handle the constant cheering and carrying on everywhere we went-it drove us insane! We now have changed dates and will NEVER go back when Pop Warner is there!
Tickla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:22 AM   #7
smhogar
Mouseketeer

Just got back

The cheering in lines really got to me too. Also the singing. In line for pirates, the girls behind us sang the entire 20 minute wait.
smhogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:57 AM   #8
motofox4
DIS Veteran

i'm REALLY glad you all posted about pop warner week because we were planning a trip for 2007 to go this week (my birthday is 12/2) but now that i've heard this, i think we're gonna push it back a week or so. i've seen cheerleaders, etc. when they're all together out someplace and the cheering and singing, etc. is just so annoying i wouldn't be able to enjoy myself and i'd just end up frustrated and annoyed and wouldn't even enjoy the trip. Thanks for the heads up everyone!!
Old 12-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #9
Vallie
DIS Veteran

on my first trip to the world we went during some cheerleading competition too and it drove me my mom and my sister NUTS! these girls cheered everywhere so loudly and were practicing routines IN LINE for some rides! I was going nuts! luckily we only ran into them one day at MGM and no again for the rest of the vacation!

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Vallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:30 AM   #10
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

We are headed to WDW on Wednesday and I assume they will all be gone!!

That would drive me nuts too.....

Crowd levels are supposed to be a 4 this week!! I hope!

We plan to attend MVMCP on Thursday night!!

CBR Nov 2001/Wonder Nov 02/S/D April 03/Wonder-ASM Oct 03/Seaworld-2004&05/Magic Oct 2005/BWV May 2006/OKW-Dec 06/POR-Sept 07/F&W S/D Oct 07/AKL-Oct 08/DL CA Oct 09-AKV-OCT 201O-POLY DEC-2010-Disney Dream/AKV May 2011DISNEY DREAM-AKV OCT 2012/AKV MAY 2013
AKV-OCT 2013/PFQ NOV 2013/BW-DTD JUNE 2014
BABYJOSIE98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #11
jmclester
Disney Deddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smhogar
The cheering in lines really got to me too. Also the singing. In line for pirates, the girls behind us sang the entire 20 minute wait.
Same here except for a 30 min wait for Pirates! Cheering in front and behind us. We were so happy when the CM at the end of the queue asked for a party of 2 so we scurried ahead of the pep rally and into the back of a quiet boat.
1986, 1991, 1994-offsite, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2011-AStSports, 2002, 2008 CBR, 2005-GF/CR, 2006-ASMo, 2006-ASMu, 2007-GF, 2008-CSR, 2010 DCL-Wonder/POP, 2011-POR, 2011-AStSports, 2012-POP, 2012 DCL-Dream, 2013-POR, 2014-CR, 2014-DCL-Dream/POR
jmclester is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: