Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2006, 08:54 PM   #1
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

Back from Thanksgiving week at POP Century/ LONG

Left Milwaukee 11/18 Me, DD16, DS13, Sister, Grandma and Grandpa

We arrived at POP around 7:45 pm. Check -in went very smoothly. I, my sister and my dad, simutaneously were checking in and the cast members knew that we all had reservations together.
Then it was on to Kona Cafe, it was crazy to go there right after dumping the luggage, but we all love it there and it was the only time we could fit it in the "schedule".

Sunday- MK/ We went straight to BTM. This is one of Grandpa's all-time fav's and DS's,too. We ate at Liberty Tree (my first time). Food was good, unfortunately my daughter's order wasn't correct, but I ate that and she took mine and we survived. The park was open late and we took a break during the day and went back that night.

Monday- AK /I love this park!!!! I hiked with the kids straight to EE for fast passes. They weren't for hours yet but we had them!!!. The Festival of the Lion King is so awesome. We ate at Flame Tree and did Dinosaur(my old park fav) saw the new Finding Nemo show:FANTASTIC!!!, went on the KS at dusk, (the animals were everywhere,up close and personal) snuck in TTBAB and then went on EE.( my new park fav) The ride is so smooth and so exhilerating and I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't done it yet. We wanted to do it again, so badly, but it was on to Boma ( first time again) for dinner. I very much enjoyed Boma and my kids who are extremely picky eaters had plenty to chose from,too and actually went for seconds and of course we all had about 5 of the desserts each!! Definetely want to go there again.

Tuesday- DD/ Went to World of Disney so grandma could get some shopping in without the crowds, but there were crowds anyway.Saw Happy Feet at the Movie Complex and then went to The Beach Club to try Beaches and Cream (first time for ALL of us). We didn't order the kitchen sink but we saw 5 of them being freshing served while we were there. Food was good and we were all glad we went there. Back to POP for the kids and parents, sis and I headed to PI where we went into the Adventurers Club and the Comedy Warehouse. Both were fun ,fun places!!

Wednesday- MGM/ Sis and parents went to Beauty and the Beast and me and the kids to Great Movie Ride and Drew Carey thing and we all met up at Prime Time ( first time! ). We had a great server "Uncle Tim". My DS was clueless about the atmosphere here and after "Uncle Tim" walked away he whispered to me "do we know that guy? We had such a fun time there and the food was very,very good. We saw Lights,Motor, Action (very cool!) and Walt's One Man's Dream. Then it was time for the Osbourne Lights, set to music this year. How spectacular!. We've seen them once before but it still takes your breath away. Brought the parents back to Walts OMD to stay warm and we went off to RR (fast past,of course). Then my DD and me went on TOT. No one else is brave enough. It was worth the 45 minute wait and the rest of the family had gone back to the hotel.

Thursday-Thanksgiving/ DD and myself decided to go back to MK to do all the liitle kiddy things that we enjoy and everyone else went Mini Golfing and then my sister and DS bravely went into the swimming pool. We met up at The Cape May Cafe for our Thanksgiving Dinner. We had Thanksgiving there 2 yrs ago and loved it. It was just as wonderful this year too. Our server Jessica was so sweet and we got to see our server Rodger from 2 yrs ago ( yes we remembered him) and said hello and told him we were so glad to see him again. I think he was really happy that we told him how we remembered him and hoped that we might even get him again as server this time, but it great just to say HI. I took my DS to PI, because I knew he'd like both of the comedy places I had been to on Tuesday. Kids under age are allowed. MY DS was so afraid I was dragging him somewhere inappropriate and he'd be the only kid. NOT SO. We left at 10:30 and he had a really good time.

Friday- EPCOT/ Fast hike to TT, then over to Soarin' where we waited 60 minutes standby but IT WAS WORTH EVERY MINUTE!!!!! Waits were 120 minutes when we got off. Then me and the kids and sis and parents split for the day,they had CandleLight Processional plans and I was taking my kids to see Cirque du Soleil that evening. WE did Maelsrom , saw the Bugle Corp went into almost all the little shops and saw the cute act they do in Italy with the balancing chairs.
Cirque Du Soleil was incredible. I'm so glad I splurged for this finally! I'll probably never do it again, only because of the cost, but so happy we all experienced it.

Saturday- MK/ Sis and kids went swimming in the afternoon and we didn't get there until about 4:00, everyone was exhausted from the week. We took the train around the park, went on BTM again and did Haunted Mansion and then at dinner at Tony's. WE all enjoyed Tony's, even the picky eaters. They graciously divided my DD and my spaghetti on separate plates since we were sharing. (kudos). WE saw the end of the parade and then I stayed with my parents so they could see the fireworks from Mainstreet. We were right in front of the Railroad Station. Sis took the kids back to the hotel, they were beat. AND then our vacatiopn came to a close as were had to pack it up since we were leaving the next morning at 8:00am.

other notes:
We had 2 rental cars, one for me and kids, another for sis and parents. This worked really well for us. We knew we wouldn't be together 24/7.

My mom using a wheelchair when she goes to Disney. I think Disney does such a wonderful job of accomodating persons with wheelchairs.

POP Century is a great resort. We had 3 rooms together, 2 of those connecting. We were poolside, preferred 60"s. Good Location. My DD bunked with my sis so we could all have our own bed. This worked great because it was only 2 people to a room and showering went pretty fast. We never left the resort before 9:00,somedays 9:45ish. My teenagers need to sleep! We ate breakfast there every morning and the castmembers were ALL friendly and helpful.

The crowds were heavy. I can only compare it to Thanksgiving week 2 yrs ago and it was absolutely busier this time. At first I thought it was because no one was at the Water Parks( closed 2 days/too cold) or staying back at their hotels to swim but heard "alot" of comments about how busy it was.

Of course the week was over much too soon.
I'm a warm weather person, so was a little disappointed with the temps. It was darn right COLD at times!!!
Next time I'll do fewer sit down meals, for cost reasons. I wanted to try ALL the places we went to because my sis and parents have been to most of them. FAVORITE 2: PRIME TIME and BOMA

If given the chance, I could leave again this Saturday and do it all over again!! I've told my kids as long as I'm alive and if they want to go with me, ther'es always going to be another trip. (THEY GROW UP SO FAST) WE have been blessed with this last trip being our 5th together since 2000.

P.S. I do have have a husband, but the DisneyWorld bug hasn't infected him. He's gone twice and I hope again someday. He's a sweety though, takes us to the airport, gives the kids "extra money" and sends us off with his blessings, on our love affair with "a man, a mouse and a few parks".
Old 12-08-2006, 05:32 AM   #2
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for sharing.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2006, 09:19 AM   #3
Momof2princess
I want it all.....yesterday
Never had a Dole Whip or ridden Dumbo
To Poo or not to Poo is not the Question

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, I enjoyed tour report.

Hopefully your DH will catch the Disney bug.

Me DHDD(12)DD (9)
Old 12-09-2006, 08:37 AM   #4
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the report! And while I do like EE, Dinosaur's still my favorite ride at AK!
Old 12-31-2006, 10:42 PM   #5
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I hope your dh catches the spirit of WDW some day too, but I'm glad it doesn't stop you from going.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: