Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2007, 02:59 PM   #106
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Yey! You guys looked like you had so much fun! I love it. Keep it up!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:00 PM   #107
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashman View Post

Oh and this just KILLED me!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2007, 07:05 PM   #108
plutospup
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran
Hoping for fair winds and following seas...

It looks & sounds like you folks had a blast! The BIG smiles tell the story!!!! I'm looking forward to your next chapter. Hmmmpf...doesn't returning to reality put a crimp in our DISing & TRing!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:41 PM   #109
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

At least your PFD kept your head up and above the water line of the tub had you slid right in

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:18 PM   #110
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad y'all had a great time. Great trip report.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:29 PM   #111
DeloreanGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
I'm so glad y'all had a great time. Great trip report.
Are you a court reporter? The name sounds familiar
~Worked at Universal but has a passion for Disney!~
Disney Cruise Line - Eastern Caribbean 4/28/07
Royal Caribbean - Alaska 5/19/06
Star Princess - Mexican Riviera 1/18/03

DeloreanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:32 AM   #112
ashman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospup View Post
It looks & sounds like you folks had a blast! The BIG smiles tell the story!!!! I'm looking forward to your next chapter. Hmmmpf...doesn't returning to reality put a crimp in our DISing & TRing!!!

It sure does! Its hard to believe that its almost been a week since we left.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:39 AM   #113
ashman
DIS Veteran

Chapter 19: Prancing Princesses, Golden Mickey’s, Pooped Pirates, and Bouncing Buccan

Chapter 19: Prancing Princesses, Golden Mickey’s, Pooped Pirates, and Bouncing Buccaneer’s

I have been told by many that I have an extensive knowledge of a wide range of facts that have no practical use in society. In the spirit of that reputation I offer you the following tidbit of trivia:

The Term Buccaneer comes from the French word “Boucanier” which was used to describe pirates who also poached pigs and cattle when pirating wasn’t as profitable. They would smoke the meat to store for use at a later time on wooden racks called “boucans” from which we also get our word bacon. Now on to our trip report, already in progress.

I want to back up a bit too. One the first night when we were shopping I got to talk to Rahmad from Indonesia. He was very friendly and very helpful. Asked us lots of questions. Wanted to know what we were doing in Nassau. The girls excitedly told him about the dolphin excursion. This flashback will make sense, stick with me okay?

We get dressed for dinner and head out for Parrot Cay. With few exceptions we took the stairs to get where we going. It was usually faster and helped burn off a few extra calories right? I had noticed that the girls, Sweet Child especially, had started holding the stair rail with one hand and holding her dress out with another hand. In fact on the way to Dinner, she wasn’t going fast enough for Mini Me, and Mini Me told her so, she replied, “I’m a princess and a princess doesn’t rush!” All throughout the cruise the staff would refer to the girls as princess, I guess that and all of the princess exposure was rubbing off! It was very cute. Here is a shot of the girls in action:

Sweet Child in her glory, Mini Me was hamming it up a bit, that’s why we call her Mini Me!

Before Dinner we get shots of the girls with pirate Mickey and Minnie. Dinner that night is great! We all have the Chilled Mango soup! YUUUUUUMMM The kids didn’t care for it too much but DW and I sure did! We love the chilled soups. I was tempted to finish the girls soup but I knew we had a big night ahead of us so I decided to pace myself. DW had a salad and I got the wings which Mini Me helped me consume. For the main course DW got the prime rib which was good. The girls as mentioned before enjoyed the “big” menus. Here is Sweet Child taking on the Caribbean Chicken (very good BTW):

Mini Me enjoying the ribs:

Me with the ribs:

After the main course DW tummy was feeling a bit rumbly so she wanted to head back to the stateroom. Sweet Child offers to go back and keep her company. I get to hang out a bit with Mini Me. It was a very cool moment, she crawled up into my lap and we just hung out for a bit. She got a Mickey Bar for dessert, I had the Crème Brule cheesecake. They had raspberry cheesecake on the kids menu. My wife Loves raspberries so I get that to go for her. We get back to the stateroom to find the evenings animal:

We get the kids dressed up in their Pirate Outfits and book it back to the atrium to get shots with Pirate Mickey before the show:

The ears you know about, my DW made the Mickey Tye-dye shirts. We got the idea and a link to do it from the Dis! Mickey was very impressed with the shirt! Again the Dis making a rookie family look like pros!

The show that night was the Golden Mickeys which was pretty good. We were in the exact same seats as the night before. The only thing I would have changed would take out the villain section, when Ursula’s tentacles come out into the audience, my kids got a bit scared. I assured them everything was okay. I think they could replace that section with a spot dedicated to sidekicks and the show would be just as good if not better. The end of the show is very cool only one problem, Mini Me was now asleep! Didn’t get enough down time I guess! She slept through the last part of the show in my wife’s lap. After the show I pick her up and carry her back to the room while DW and Sweet Child head off to Shutters.

Our Pooped Pirate:

I have too many pictures in this chapter so I will be back with Chapter 19.2 shortly!

Last edited by ashman; 02-14-2007 at 09:34 AM. Reason: I can't speel :)
ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:41 AM   #114
ashman
DIS Veteran

Chapter 19.2

Sweet Child really wanted to go to the party, and I really wanted her to go but I didn’t know about waking up Mini Me. DW said pick her up and take her to the pirate party she will be fine. I’m not so sure but I decide to trust my wife on this one , so with that decision made we make our way to the Party!:

We started off carrying Mini Me and head up to deck 10 because we figure all the good spots on 9 are taken. We get up to Deck 10 and it is more crowded that 9! So we head back down. By now the party is going pretty good and we get a pretty good spot just off the goofy pool next to one of those dance platforms that look like it was used by the go-go dancers in Laugh In! (Yes I am aware that I have just severely dated myself but getting older is better than the alternatives!) Mini Me is now awake enough to get up on my shoulders:

Dale makes his way to the go-go platform:

Sweet Child wants up on the shoulders and she wants me to jump!

Here are the girls hanging out with one of the “good pirates”:

Okay random soapbox rant, I’m not completely sure how I feel about this whole “good pirate”/”bad pirate” thing. I mean come on, they were criminals that were used by governments when it was convenient for them to terrorize their enemies and hunted when it wasn’t conveienent. This while glorify the pirate stage that our society is in rubs me the wrong way. That said, I still had a great time at the party I just have visions of coming up to a pirate and asking them in falsetto “Are you a gooooooooddddd pirate or a baaaaaaadddddd pirate?” I did think is was very cool that Mickey told us that no matter what happens he was on our side and would take care of us.

Okay rant over, I feel good, deep cleansing breath.

We got to do the Hand Jive, my wife who is a big Grease fan got in to this one, and I got another shot!:

Sweet Child and Minnie at the go-go platform:

The party started to thin out, Sweet Child got up to the Goofy Deck and was really paying attention to the on screen instructions! :

The girls dancing together:

Finally Mickey saves the day!:

The fireworks go off and more dancing is had by all. My wife made the right call and I'm glad I listened to her, I would have stayed with her but this way we all had fun together! The Buffet begins DW is hungry cuz she didn’t get to eat all her supper, Sweet Child is hungry from all the dancing, Mini Me wants to go back to the room. I take her back to the room, where the other two join us for a late night snack:

Notice me in background, so we know this shot was taken by our future Shutter’s Staff Member Mini Me!

Now its time for bed, of course now Mini Me has gotten her 2nd wind!

We all get to bed with dreams of pirates and a great day at Castaway Cay in the morning!

Last edited by ashman; 02-14-2007 at 08:51 AM. Reason: I can't speel :)
ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #115
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeloreanGirl View Post
Are you a court reporter? The name sounds familiar
Q Are you a court reporter? The name sounds familiar.
A Yes.

Just a little court reporter humor there.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:36 AM   #116
ashman
DIS Veteran

Two Pics not showing right

Princess walk

Pirate Banner

Old 02-14-2007, 10:27 AM   #117
Database
Hey! I'm stalking you today!

No Way!

Ashman,

Yes! That picture of you in the tub with life jacket IS "milk coming out of the nose funny"! (Or hot green zen tea.... as the case may be)

You are ingenious! .... or insane?....
Oh the inhumanity.... you realize that every DW is going to want their DH to get this unique photo for their scrap book?

Anyway... thanks for clearing out my nasal passages.

Database
Database is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #118
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

HI there..

SO glad you had a WONDEFUL time...You are one beautiful family...

Enjoying your report.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:43 PM   #119
curlybop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashman View Post
The expressions in this photo are cracking me up.

Still a great report! Keep on going, rants and all.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:39 PM   #120
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Oh I knew I came in out of the snow for this!!!

Keep it coming... another foot of snow and I've already threatened to book a cruise ASAP!!!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: