Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #31
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

I think you took the record for the longest TR!

I hope your cruise trippie is just as good as your precruise one! You are a great writer and have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear all the details when you return!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:06 PM   #32
ashman
DIS Veteran

Chapter Ten more Hunt Stuff

So the kids go tearing into my folks room and from the sound of it scare the bejezus of the fish! They come back with present in hand:

Okay now for dad to brag on his girls. I was very pleased how both girls opened all of these joint clues without fussing with each other. It was one of those moments when you think “Gee they are listening to us it is sinking in!” (hey a guy can dream can’t I?)

Point two, the kids have been very careful not to rip the clues. In fact each time they open the gift, “where is the clue, don’t tear the clue!”

The next gift is a CD “Beauty and the Beat” It is a compilation of different Disney Tunes performed by a steel drum band! Another great DIS tip! I got this over a year a ago on Amazon. It is a great little CD but one time through is about all I can take in one day! Sweet Child asked, “Beach Music? Disney? Is Disney World at the Beach?” She’s getting close but the dots aren’t connected yet!

The next clue reads:

On this trip you will see mice
For the next clue go to where we keep the ice!
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #33
ashman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
I think you took the record for the longest TR!

I hope your cruise trippie is just as good as your precruise one! You are a great writer and have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear all the details when you return!
Maybe for a pre-report but I have a looooong way to go to get to longest TR

Thanks for the kind words and for reading! 3 pages already! Who Knew?
Old 01-15-2007, 04:45 PM   #34
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Your clues are so cute!

I know you and the family are going to have a wonderful time
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #35
ashman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Your clues are so cute!

I know you and the family are going to have a wonderful time
Thanks! Its been a blast watching the magic unfold for the girls the last few weeks. We have a few more surpirises in store for them. This is one of those sweet moments that I am trying to drink up and savor because I know that they will be grown and gone too soon.

Now if you would excuse I have to go break them up from fighting! (Just kidding they aren't fighting right now)
Old 01-15-2007, 11:04 PM   #36
Babs417
DIS Veteran

This is so great. Its helping me get to my trip I have so much more time to go. Keep your reports comming
Old 01-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #37
jrose529
DIS Veteran

You are doing great job on the clues! What an exciting way to find out about your surprise. I look forward to your next set of clues.

April, 2007 - 4 day Wonder/3 day WDW (very long) trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1430554
July, 2004 - Magic Eastern (very short) trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=609376
jrose529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:58 AM   #38
ashman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs417 View Post
This is so great. Its helping me get to my trip I have so much more time to go. Keep your reports comming
That has been one of the nice side effects of doing the “pre-report”. It gives me something to focus on until the trip gets here. It’s a nice way to pass the time. Plus since it is only a 3 night, it makes it feel like the trip is a bit longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose529 View Post
You are doing great job on the clues! What an exciting way to find out about your surprise. I look forward to your next set of clues.
The inspiration for many of the clues and/or gifts originated here on the Dis. I have a good friend who has given me a hard time about hanging out here. She thinks I am going to be too informed about what is going on that I will miss the magic of the moment. I don’t think that will be the case. The time I have spent on these boards over the last few months have armed me with a wealth of knowledge hat I think will definitely enhance our family’s experience. Thanks for reading and your kind comments. There are only two clues left! And Thanks to the Dis community for all the fun you have helped me have planning the cruise and for the fun yet to come!

Last edited by ashman; 01-17-2007 at 06:32 PM.
ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:33 AM   #39
ashman
DIS Veteran

From my Beleaguered Cruise Meet Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats mom View Post
I wish I was joining you on this cruise, but I'm really just giving your sad little meet thread a bump.

Anyone out there cruisin' on 2/8... you gotta post!
I bet you'd have a good chance of getting at least a mention in ashman's most excellent pre-trip report.

Hey, plan a Dis meet and maybe you'll even make the for real, honest to goodness, actually made it onto the Wonder TR!

Looking forward to reading all about it.
Have a great cruise!
Thanks for the shout out and support! By I fear it is a lost cause. I am either the only Dis'er on the cruise or I have scared them from identifying themselves!
Old 01-17-2007, 07:44 PM   #40
Donnica
Proud member of the Self Party Posse

This PTR (pre trip report) has really been lots of fun to read. I have to make sure that I put it to my favorites so I can keep coming back to be updated! I, for one, certainly can appreciate your sense of humor!!!!

Donnica

Disney Magic - Western - Sept 2005, WDW - March 2006
Donnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:59 AM   #41
ashman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnica View Post
This PTR (pre trip report) has really been lots of fun to read. I have to make sure that I put it to my favorites so I can keep coming back to be updated! I, for one, certainly can appreciate your sense of humor!!!!
PTR I like that can I use it? Glad you are enjoying the PTR, thanks for reading and for your kind words!
Old 01-18-2007, 10:23 AM   #42
Donnica

Oh yes feel free to use it! I would be honored

Donnica

Old 01-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #43
ashman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnica View Post
Oh yes feel free to use it! I would be honored

Great! Just 21 days and my PTR converts to TR PDQ!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:39 PM   #44
Donnica

I envy you! Although it seems like a life time away I'm sure. I have done 15 cruises (1 seven night Disney)and still get just as excited for each one as I did the first. Perhaps even more since now I know just how awesome they really are!

Donnica

Old 01-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #45
Stogrove
Mouseketeer

I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashman View Post
That has been one of the nice side effects of doing the “pre-report”. It gives me something to focus on until the trip gets here. It’s a nice way to pass the time. Plus since it is only a 3 night, it makes it feel like the trip is a bit longer!

The inspiration for many of the clues and/or gifts originated here on the Dis. I have a good friend who has given me a hard time about hanging out here. She thinks I am going to be too informed about what is going on that I will miss the magic of the moment. I don’t think that will be the case. The time I have spent on these boards over the last few months have armed me with a wealth of knowledge hat I think will definitely enhance our family’s experience. Thanks for reading and your kind comments. There are only two clues left! And Thanks to the Dis community for all the fun you have helped me have planning the cruise and for the fun yet to come!
This has been a great read Ashman. And I agree with you. I have been on the DIS Board for more than 6 months in anticipation of my 4 day cruise (not only me, but 8 other members of my family) on Feb. 18th. I have learned so much, that my family has named me the official cruise director for any follow-on trips. If you have never been on a cruise, which many of us have not, I don't think you can learn enough about what goes on.

But, your pre-trip reports have been outstanding. You girls are adorable. I can't wait to read your post trip report. Carry on "my-man"!!!
Stogrove is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: