Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2007, 03:41 PM   #136
dreamcometrue
Laughed on her wedding night
I was so excited that I could not sleep

great trip report, and PRE trip report, Ashman! I read it all last night and loved every second of it! I am kind of glad I didn't find this one until now because all the anticipation would have killed me! I am not known for my patience!

Maybe I should start my trip report now. After all, my cruise is only 14 months and 1 week away!

dreamcometrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #137
kevinsmom
Mouseketeer

Your family looks sooo nice in the pics!!! Glad to hear you had a great time!!!

Past WDW Trips: All Star Movies, Music, Sports
Pop Century

DISNEY MAGIC - MARCH 2007

Caribbean Beach Resort - Thanksgiving 2009

kevinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #138
hannahmom
Earning My Ears

I love your report, your girls are very cute. Thanks so much for the great info on the Stringray excursion, we have it book for our cruise in April and was a little worried because not too many people talk about it, now I really can't wait to do it.
hannahmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #139
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Are the girls still doing their walk at home????

Crowns are in order for this years Bday you know!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #140
spoon2003
DIS Veteran

Thank You!

Ashman,
Thank you for a great report, especially for the CC stingway photos. I booked that excursion for our April trip but really haven't found much about it until your report

Sue
spoon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:45 AM   #141
ashman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcometrue View Post
great trip report, and PRE trip report, Ashman! I read it all last night and loved every second of it! I am kind of glad I didn't find this one until now because all the anticipation would have killed me! I am not known for my patience!

Maybe I should start my trip report now. After all, my cruise is only 14 months and 1 week away!
THAT would be cool, just be sure to pace yourself, if you run out of material folks may turn on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsmom View Post
Your family looks sooo nice in the pics!!! Glad to hear you had a great time!!!
Thanks, we did, we are still going through detox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmom View Post
I love your report, your girls are very cute. Thanks so much for the great info on the Stringray excursion, we have it book for our cruise in April and was a little worried because not too many people talk about it, now I really can't wait to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon2003 View Post
Ashman,
Thank you for a great report, especially for the CC stingway photos. I booked that excursion for our April trip but really haven't found much about it until your report

Sue
It sounds like that part was helpful for many, I'm glad to help, have a great trip in April!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Are the girls still doing their walk at home????

Crowns are in order for this years Bday you know!!!
I haven't noticed but we don't do stair regualry here, I'll keep an eye out!
Old 02-19-2007, 10:50 AM   #142
ashman
DIS Veteran

Chapter 23: Now’s the Time to Say Goodbye

Chapter 23: Now’s the Time to Say Goodbye

Disembarkation Day, it is amazing how heavy everything seems on this morning. The girls “sleep in” at least for them. I get up and take a shower and change into the going home clothes. I walk over to the porthole to glance out, Yup we’re back at PC, the good Captain didn’t decide to pull out and give us a freebie! How is it that the view out your stateroom can be so special and magical when you get on board and so depressing and industrial on your last morning?

Sweet Child looks up from the bed and asks, “Do we have to get off the ship today Dad?” Yes darling we do. We had originally planned to take our time getting up and eating at Beach Blanket one more time but the whole crew is up, showered and dressed by 6:50! Our dining time in Tritons was 7:00 so we decide to go there instead to see Laura and Whitt one more time.

Breakfast is good yet bittersweet. Witt is still flashing a great smile and doing tricks for the kids. Mini Me is lingering over her breakfast. I tell her, “Dragging out breakfast won’t get us to stay onboard another day, we have to go, besides Whitt needs to get ready to serve another group.” Whit hears this and tells us to take our time. Contrary to what I have heard on other reports, our servers were just as attentive on this last day and I didn’t feel rushed at all. I ask Laura about her schedule for the day. After she finishes the 2nd seating breakfast, she gets 1 hour off before she has to go up to Deck 9 to prepare for the welcome aboard buffet!

We finish breakfast and make our way up to Shutter’s for the last selection. My wife got one of the package deals. (A great idea IMHO) We make our final selection and make our way back to the atrium. I turn in our comment card and a shot of the one banner no DCL guest ever really wants to see:

I turn around and get a shot of the girls sad to leave:

Take a guess which one was posed and which was for real!

It’s now about 7:50 and we decide to make our way off the ship. Our driver is set to meet us at 8:30 and we don’t want to hold him up. We wave goodbye to the Captain and to the beautiful Wonder and head off the ship. We head down the corridor where instead of going through the Mickey Ears again they head us down to Border Control! We get off the escalator in baggage claim and Sweet Child asks my wife, “Mom why isn’t it pretty anymore?” T hat’s right even a 7 year can tell when Disney leaves off and US Department of Homeland Security takes over! We find two bags right away and the third with the help of a DCL rep. We eschew the porter as we only have two backpacks and three roller bags, and each kid wants to take one. The Border Guard is very efficient and friendly and just like that we are out and boy did it seem cold! It was only about 58° but it was pretty chilly to us! I turn on my phone and see I missed a call, I redial it and it’s our driver. He waves at us from across the street and in no time flat we are loaded and on our way back to MCO.

Disney advises you not to book your flight before 12:30. With this guideline in mind I pass up on the 11:15 non stop flight back home and instead book the 3:10 non-stop. I only mention this because we are booked with boarding passes and bags checked in at 9:30! Getting off the ship was amazingly easy! The ticket agent asked us if we were on the 11:15 flight and I said nope the 3:10 but we are more than happy to take the earlier flight. She just laughs and laughs! So no we get to spend 5 hours in the MCO airport.

Now I have to admit if you are going to be stuck in an airport for an extended period of time, MCO is the way to go. They have lots of shops, a food court with a nice sized fish tank. We tool around for a while and then head up to Chili’s for lunch a little after 11 partly because we are bored and partly because Mini Me didn’t eat a good breakfast and is starting to show it!

Lunch is pretty good but have to remind ourselves of two very important facts 1) getting two of everything isn’t a good idea because 2) we have to remember to pay before we leave the restaurant! We walk some more, practice for the spelling test that Sweet Child has to make up. Chat with a local grandma getting ready to see her grandkids. The kids talk to their grandparents (both sets). Finally around 1:45 we decide to go through security and head to our gate for a change of scenery and to make sure we don’t get stuck in a bad line. That passes without a hitch and we make it to the gate. While Sweet Child is reading to me, Mini Me falls asleep about 15 minutes before they allow us to board! We get on the plane with one sleepy kid:

She wakes up about 2/3 through the flight and Sweet Child falls asleep about halfway through! We land at home and I carry Sweet Child off. She wakes up in the terminal. The girls head to baggage claim and I head off to get the car. I pull up to the loading zone just as the girls are coming out with the luggage, are we good or what. And just like that we are back home, 3 hours earlier than if we had drove (with a five hour wait at the airport!)

So thus ends my humble little story. Thanks to all who read, for those who encouraged me with your kind words, and a special Thank You to this community who helped me have the time of my life on this trip with your advice, tips and counsel. I’ll put together some final thoughts but until then, farewell!
Old 02-19-2007, 11:40 AM   #143
bywheel
"My only hope is that we never lose sight of one thing, that it was all started by a mouse" Walt Disney

Excellent Report. Thanks for the laughs.

BTW I wondered why no one ever mentioned the Soft Serve Cookie Dough Ice Cream too!
Old 02-19-2007, 02:26 PM   #144
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

BRAVO! BRAVO!

Thanks for that TR. I loved reading it as a pre-trip and now as a conclusion. That last day leaving the ship has to be one of the saddest moments.
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #145
DreamCruiser100
ARGHHHH........A Disney life for me!!!

What a fantastic TR. I, being the savy DIS'er (lol) waited to read it until I knew it was nearly finished. I would have driven you NUTS!! asking you for each new installment. Thank you for sharing your precious memories. We are sailing with our DD for the first time in October 2007. I can't wait. I truly enjoyed your writting style and am excited to write my own TR.

Have a Blessed day.............

DreamCruiser100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #146
miztigg
this place for rent or lease please make checks to disney cruise line

excellent TR i enjoyed it getting off the ship is always the worst i hate that part of the trip
big red boat 1996,Disney Wonder 11/00 Disney Magic 11/03 Disney Magic 12/06 Disney Wonder 9/08 NCL Dawn 10/09 (1st Wh+++ off shore trip) Carnival Imagination 3/10 (2nd W+++es off shore trip) Disney Wonder 5/10 (no kids just me and hubby )Carnival Elation 1/11 Bday cruise Carnival Inspiration 5/11 (3rd w++res off shore trip) Carnival Pride 7/12
miztigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:20 PM   #147
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Thanks Ash!!!

I enjoyed every bit of your trip!!!

Glad everyone had a good time...

So when are you going again????

You know...you now have to do WDW with the 's....

Looking forward to you next adventure!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:34 PM   #148
Floridagram
DIS Veteran

It has been fun sharing your journey with you. I am sorry it is over

I can't wait to hear when you have your next cruise planned.

I thoroughly enjoyed your TR. God Bless you and your beautiful family.
Floridagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #149
Babs417
DIS Veteran

Good job great trip report
Old 02-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #150
1sttimecruz
Mouseketeer

Question

Again, what a good job you did with this trip report. I loved reading it and can't wait to have my own experience (in only a few weeks!).

I need to make my transportation reservations and noticed that you used a car service. Who did you use and would you recommend them?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: