Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #76
Kay7979
DIS Veteran

Great report. Your writing style is wonderfully easy to read and I am enjoying this very much.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:34 PM   #77
LaLa
Hangs with the Mensas
Uses her boss as a coat rack while she dances
Dreams of running with the big dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM
Laid Back NM is on the scene.
I call BC. Or BOC. Whichever floats your boat.

Quote:
Then, out of nowhere, in a stealth move that Laid Back NM never saw coming, Commando NM slays Laid Back NM. And now it’s on like a chicken bone. I bark orders to DH.
Now that's more like it. I knew our Taskmaster was in there somewhere.

Quote:
We had almost reached the Rock n’ Rollercoaster when DH “yo’d” me on the Nextel.
Oh no. Say it ain't so. Yall really do the "yo"?

Unintentional rhyming aside, I have real life friends who do this. Only instead of saying something cool like "yo", they will yell (not say, yell) each others' names into the Nextel. At the most inopportune times. And no matter how many times I hear it (which is alot) it still freaks my butt out to hear my friend's name being screamed from the bottom of her purse.

Quote:
Lemme just say right here that I’ve now sworn off this playground and the similar one at Animal Kingdom unless there is man-to-man defense. Me being there with both the kids was just too much stress. Despite the fact that like most other moms, I do have eyes in the back of my head, I couldn’t keep up with both the kids. I lost my son for a good five minutes that felt like 50. So after that, I made the kids stay together. Even to go down the slide.
So freaky borg. That place is ten times worse than Chuck E. Cheese. Just thinking about that playground gives me hives. There's no way to keep up with them unless you climb up the supersize flower innards and slide down right along with them. Which I've never done. Or have I?

Quote:
Maybe DH was just trying to prevent a recurrence of the MGM Throw-Up Episode of 2001.
Public puking? Why don't you let ZZUB grab a bagel and then spill the details? That's always fun.

Quote:
We had a deluxe room. Bunk beds. Day bed. Savannah view.
How AWESOME! SO glad you got the sweet upgrade, my girl.

Quote:
I read the cards and it said the baskets were from Mickey and the gang. I knew better, and shot a quick thank you to my girl LaLa for the treats
Actually, you're wrong on both counts. It was from Tigger.

Or was it?

NM, I loved this chapter. I especially loved the pictures from the Osborne Lights. That nativity was beautiful. I've always wanted to go to Disney when the Christmas decorations are up. So thanks for taking me there.

Keep on keepin' on, my girl.

Last edited by LaLa; 01-09-2007 at 03:01 PM. Reason: LY/MI Woman. Not played. And Tigger says you're more than welcome.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2007, 02:56 PM   #78
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

We were there last Jan. and saw the Osborne Lights too. I think the Nativity Scene is new. It is beautiful. Backstage Gal said they added to the lights this year. Didn't think it was possible.

Love the pictures.

--
Old 01-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #79
ZZUB
Roll Tide, Mean It

Location: If I'm not at Monk's, check the Hawk & Dove, or else I'm playing tetherball

Sweet double bonus for ZZUB.

I didn't realize you had posted an update last week, so when I clicked on page 5, I got two for the price of one.

That's what I'm talking about.

I just remembered that you've never seen Napoleon Dynamite and my reference above is meaningless. Now I feel numb.

Because that joke is no where near played out.

1. Mazel Tov on the sweet upgrade.

2. What do you mean LaLa sent packages to your room?!!! We didn't get ANYTHING from LaLa when we were at the Lodge in September. I feel shunned. It's outrageous. Egregious. Preposterous.

4. Laid back NM? I didn't buy that for a mizzle.

5. I never knew you were a Fastpass snob. It adds character.

6. When did Larry Burkett die and why didn't I know he was dead? This is just like when Don Knotts died and I didn't know about it for weeks.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'they are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by ZZUB; 01-09-2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Thanks for not describing the public puking of 2001. Preace.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:36 PM   #80
lexmelinda
Has a Seussical googling DD
I'll remember from now on

So glad to see a new installment today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolemarie View Post
But we don’t use that who-cares-what-it-costs-as-long-as-we’re-having-fun mentality in real life. I just wanted you to know that.
Sweet girl.....anyone who has ever read anything you've written would never assume any less. And so great that Mr. NM has been blessed with a successful business of his own.
Quote:
Then, out of nowhere, in a stealth move that Laid Back NM never saw coming, Commando NM slays Laid Back NM.
HA! I knew it!
Quote:
We wave his rookie self good bye and laugh like hyenas at him the rest of the day.
I laughed at him and I don't even know him. Did you throw him the "L"?
Quote:
At the commissary, I finally had my first vacation food - a cheeseburger - and it was yummy.
RE: lunch....the chicken wraps were the best things we ate and the chili cheese dog looked gross. Mr. NM made a wise decision at lunch but I'm glad you got your burger/fries.
Quote:
And when they did, they did not disappoint. The dancing part was wonderful!
I watched the YouTube video too! I the saw the Osborne Lights in a couple of reports and had to see what they "do". The are awesome! Sorry you didn't get your hot chocolate.
Quote:
Please tell me the Baby Jesus lights did not dance.
Quote:
Sweet. We had a deluxe room. Bunk beds. Day bed. Savannah view.
I knew it! YAY!
Quote:
And what is this? Two Mickey’d up gift baskets?
That is so sweet of LaLa.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:14 AM   #81
Frickles
Missed the wooo hoooty for a phone call
I say keep the squirrel and dress him up and use him as an accessory

Quote:
So even though I’m a stranger to most of you, it’s important to me that you know how grateful to God we are that we can take our kids to Disney.
Borg sister. I thought we would never see the day....

Quote:

We walk up to the stroller rental and DH goes to the counter to purchase our length of stay tickets.

Then, out of nowhere, in a stealth move that Laid Back NM never saw coming, Commando NM slays Laid Back NM. And now it’s on like a chicken bone. I bark orders to DH.

“Honey, I’ll handle the stroller rental! Run like the wind to the fastpass distribution for RNR and TOT! We’ll get the stroller and meet you there. GO!! And call me when you’ve scored!!”
I'm with you. I've tried to be laid back before but my body always becomes overtaken by a force I can't control!

Quote:

My brain, which is often challenged by trying to remember what I had for breakfast, executed a plan with surprising ease. We head off in the direction of the thrill rides to catch up with DH and begin our day.
I'm seriously impressed!

Quote:
“It was great seeing y’all, but our Fastpasses expire in five minutes so we’ve got to run or we won’t make it!” And he's off like a flash.
Bless him. I had someone give us fastpasses to Buzz because they weren't going to be back that day before they expired. I felt horrible taking them, and eventually shared my knowledge. I'd like to think I sprinkled my own pixie dust that day.

Quote:
You’ll notice DH and the kids in the bottom left of the pic. (DH is wearing The Back Pack.) He doesn’t waste time waiting on me anymore because I’m constantly stopping, so I run to catch up with them once I’m finished.
Borg!
Quote:
Sweet and Salty Bars – peanut, not almond – for me and DH.
Borg!!! Love those bars....
Quote:

How beautiful is that! We were there in December one year but missed our night time venture through the lights because it was cold and we were tired. Now I'm said.

Quote:

DH exited the elevator right as we were sliding the room key in the door.

We walked in and there they were. Bunk beds.

I can't tell you how excited I got for y'all after I read this!!!!! Way to go! Southern charm DOES work! But you knew that.

Quote:

And what is this? Two Mickey’d up gift baskets? One for the kids. One for us. We ripped into them to find all kinds of treats and treasures for our trip. The kids were crazy with excitement between the goodies in the basket and their bunk beds. I read the cards and it said the baskets were from Mickey and the gang.

I knew better, and shot a quick thank you to my girl LaLa for the treats. And I thought about how different a Disney trip was with all of you in my mind. How much more fun it was sharing it with you.
How super sweet was that?!?!! LaLa, I'll be sure to let you know where I'm staying the next time I go.

Love it NM and I am glad we are only on the first day and we have lots more to go!!!!

Last edited by Frickles; 01-10-2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: ly.mi!
Old 01-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #82
Grammyof2
Best Woo Hootier that ever woo hootied
Prom Queen
I am MENSA

Location: Heading to midlife wearing my Levi's and flip flops

I am so behind, but SCORE on an upgrade.

I actually took a picture just for you at AKL. Must upload and will come back.

Awesome NM
Old 01-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #83
Grammyof2
Best Woo Hootier that ever woo hootied
Prom Queen
I am MENSA

Location: Heading to midlife wearing my Levi's and flip flops

NM - somewhere, not sure where, I saw a close up of an ornament , a picture you had taken. I was impressed and decided to try it out on the tree at AKL, knowing how much you liked it there.

So here is my attempt at photography. And I was thinking of you the whole time

Pretty impressive if I say so myself, which I did
Old 01-10-2007, 05:00 PM   #84
nicolemarie
DIS Veteran

Grammy!!!

What the heck is that thing? But I'm flattered that you liked my ornament AND that you were thinking of me when you took this pic. And your photography skillz rock. Thanks for hopping on board! Catch up when you can!

Frick - Thanks for reading! I think someone said the Nativity is new. Which surprises me for several reasons. None of which I'll go into.

And I should feel bad that you helped out a total stranger with the Fastpass knowledge, while I let our friend run for his life to Tower of Terror. I should feel bad, but I don't.

Lexmelinda - You are always so nice. Thanks for your comments. And no, Baby Jesus had no dancing lights. Even Disney knows better than that!

ZZUB - Thanks, buddy. For pointing out that there are two installments - written a week apart - on the same page.

LaLa - Yeah, we do the "yo". In fact, instead of calling our phones a Blackberry (which I only have because it was two for the price of one) we call them "Yo phones". And here's an example of what my DH does to embarrass me with it. The other day I was in my Pilates class - small studio, only a couple of people, relaxing music, teacher very serious about what she does. And I hear from my purse...very loudly..."WORK IT!!!! COME ON!! YOU CAN DO IT!! NO PAIN, NO GAIN!!!" Followed by several grunts that sounded like a body builder. I couldn't get to my purse fast enough. I could have killed him, but everyone else was dying laughing.

NAB - Thanks for reading! I hope you'll stay on board!

Kay7979 - Thank you, too for reading! I appreciate your kind words!

Y'all take care!

NM

NicoleMarie

"Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere." Psalm 84:10

What I learned from the DIS - Spring Break 2006 (with pics!!)

Are We Turkeys? - Thanksgiving 2006 at WDW

Old 01-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #85
megandbrandon
Earning My Ears

NM, I'm absolutely loving this trip report! It is great and I'm so glad that I found it. I must say the phone call from your husband during your class is hysterical! I can just picture it and can't stop laughing!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Old 01-13-2007, 06:05 PM   #86
AshClan
I forgot to say SNAP!
We'll coordinate our Woo Hooties!
Yes, he is a mutant. But a cute one

Quote:
In fact, on any other Disney day at 12:30, we are throwing the “L” to all of the rookies entering the park to long ride lines and crowds.

This role reversal may make me look like one of “them”, but trust me. I am not.
Aww, sweetie, you could NEVER look like one of "them". (Wait, you don't wear a fanny pack, do you?!)

Quote:
HA! The commando always wins!!!

Quote:
My brain, which is often challenged by trying to remember what I had for breakfast, executed a plan with surprising ease.
Well, of course it did. Why the heck else do you think you've been spending so much time over here talking to Disney Dorks?

Quote:
We had almost reached the Rock n’ Rollercoaster when DH “yo’d” me on the Nextel.
Jay "Yo's" me on the cell phone all the time!!! (Sorry, La!) Perhaps it's better because we don't have Nextels, though......

Quote:
We catch up with DH and I turn the stroller around in the middle of the street. Very carefully so as not to be the object of a “jerk stroller driver” thread.

Quote:
Clearly frustrated that we aren't reading his body language, finally he says, “It was great seeing y’all, but our Fastpasses expire in five minutes so we’ve got to run or we won’t make it!” And he's off like a flash.
BORG with Frick. My first thought was "Bless him"!!! (She's contagious!!!)

Quote:
I was starving by now and ready to dig into my first greasy counter service meal. A cheeseburger with fries sounded good. Or a hot dog. At a minimum, a sandwich with fries. I was disappointed to find that DH had ordered me a Chicken Caesar Wrap. Crap. What a letdown.
Poor NM! Make sure he understands. Vacation, for women anyway, is the perfect excuse to eat greasy, cheesy food. Drill it into him before the next trip. Oh, that and the fact that at least one ice cream a day is required.

Quote:
We ate our lunch and moved on to the Beauty and the Beast show. As always, it was well done, and Four for a Dollar displayed some serious a capella talent in their pre-show.
Dontcha just love those guys?!

Quote:
Ya Hoo!!! Evidently, reports of your wimp out were greatly exaggerated. Either that or you are even more charming than you let on......

Quote:
I read the cards and it said the baskets were from Mickey and the gang.

I knew better, and shot a quick thank you to my girl LaLa for the treats. And I thought about how different a Disney trip was with all of you in my mind. How much more fun it was sharing it with you.
You'd better believe it!! And how sweet is that LaLa girl, huh?!

Great installment, NM. I can't wait to hear about Thanksgiving Day in the World!!!!
Old 01-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #87
FionaLovesShrek
Oompah....Argh!
I just figured I was out of the loop

NM, I've really been enjoying your trip report. I've been wondering what you thought about the crowds the week you were there. I am taking my DD for Thanksgiving week this year, our first mom/ daughter trip. Was it manageable?
Old 01-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #88
nicolemarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FionaLovesShrek View Post
NM, I've really been enjoying your trip report. I've been wondering what you thought about the crowds the week you were there. I am taking my DD for Thanksgiving week this year, our first mom/ daughter trip. Was it manageable?
Thanks for reading!

I've sent you a PM...I had more to say than I wanted to address here!

NM

NicoleMarie

Old 01-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #89
Frickles
Missed the wooo hoooty for a phone call
I say keep the squirrel and dress him up and use him as an accessory

Old 01-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #90
nicolemarie
DIS Veteran

Frick - Thanks for the bump, my girl. I hope eatin' popcorn all day didn't give you a tummy ache!

Fiona - I got your PM and all I can say is read carefully as to what we did! And subscribe to Tour Guide Mike. PM me with any other questions! And have fun planning.

Ash - Yo! No. I don't wear a fanny pack. But I can so see one in my future when DH and I are empty-nesters roaming the World with DVC and AP's. I'll be sure he has on dark socks.

megandbrandon - Yes, the phone call during my class is a classic example of his immaturity. But he keeps life fun! Thanks for reading and I hope you'll stay tuned.

Thanks y'all! I'm putting the next installment up in a few. This post is just to turn the page.

NicoleMarie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: