Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #136
ZZUB
Roll Tide, Mean It

Location: If I'm not at Monk's, check the Hawk & Dove, or else I'm playing tetherball

I haven't been this stressed out since I wrote Chapter Thirteen. Oy Vey! You totally captured the frustation and anquish of waiting on those stupid busses. It hurts like heck when a well crafted plan gets stymied by Disney's crappy transportation. But it always works out one way or another. Maybe not exactly like we planned but somehow everything does come together. We should remember that the next time we're sitting at the bus depot stewing.

Quote:
I placed our juice and coffee orders and asked if she could go ahead and bring the check.
Been there. Done that. Have the photos to prove it.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'they are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by ZZUB; 02-20-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Now I'm numb.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #137
AshClan
I forgot to say SNAP!
We'll coordinate our Woo Hooties!
Yes, he is a mutant. But a cute one

Wow, NM!

I was just enjoying a nice, homework-free evening (winter break in New England), and you got me all stressed out!! I was right there with ya, woman. And Frick is right, unfortunately. Every trip has to have at least one (hopefully no more) of those incidents. I remember one in the spring of 2004 particularly well. When the bus stopped at EVERY Epcot resort (only time the whole trip) en route to the MK, and then the boat stopped not only at WL, but several times IN the water to let bigger boats go by, and we ended up nearly THIRTY MINUTES late for Hoop Dee Doo. As with your disaster, all turned out well (I really think they waited for us....), but OMG the stress and crankiness. I still get butterflies when I think of it!

Bottom line, those of us who plan so meticulously don't usually handle it well when our perfect plans are kaboshed by something ridiculously out of our control. And I may very well have cried if I were you with the Contemporary miscommunication! That poor guy. I'm sure he thought he was doing a great thing, and instead he crushed NM. Poor you more...but gotta feel a little for him, too.

Great chapter! And that pic of your little guy with Pooh is precious!!
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2007, 08:15 PM   #138
Our2Girls&Disney
DIS Veteran

NM:

After reading your TR, I have to tell you that you were not alone in stressing for the ADR. That happened to us last year. We waited and wait for the MK bus, when if finally arrived there was an auto accident so the road was closed, they detoured us to T&TC. When we finally got to our ADR's the kids wanted nothing to do with breakfast, they wanted to go to the parks. We decided to leave, go to the parks, and about 20 minutes later, what words do I hear? Yes, you are correct, "I'm hungry!" I was ready to scream. It all turned out fine in the end regardless of the bumpy start.
2006 - Coronado Springs Resort
2008 - Wilderness Lodge
2007, Present - Offsite Deer Creek RV Resort
Old 02-20-2007, 08:36 PM   #139
Jubilee
<3 my kids

Thanks for the extremely detailed, nostalgic, fun (and God-centered) read!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:58 PM   #140
LaLa
Hangs with the Mensas
Uses her boss as a coat rack while she dances
Dreams of running with the big dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM
Freaky Taking a Picture of Mickey's Clothes Borg. I took this one last year. Weird.

Quote:
They dressed in split second time, put on the cool binoculars the LaLas had sent in their gift basket – because you never know when you might need binoculars at Magic Kingdom – and we were out the door.

NM, I love this picture! That's so funny that they wore the binoculars to the MK. I guess it's a good thing they threw them around their necks that morning though because it it sounds like you needed them to spot the busses. I bet they were all over it.

Quote:
I thought to myself, “No, we aren’t going to breakfast with Mickey. We’re going to eat with Pooh and friends. But why correct him on the details? He might think Crystal Palace IS breakfast with Mickey. And why would I get in a conversation over details with someone who knows less than me about Disney? It will just frustrate me to hear some rookie try and tell me about things I already know. Or worse, fill me in on some incorrect fact. Like they are now offering Cinderella’s castle as one of the deluxe resorts. (Yes, I’ve heard this.) Nope, I’ll just keep the details to myself. It’s easier that way.”
I never knew you were such a snob!

Honestly though, I gotta say borg to this. DH and I have a patented pity smile for the poor folks who try to spring some pathetic and incorrect Disney knowledge on us. And it's true that it's easier just to nod and let it go in one ear and out the other. But Cindy's castle as a deluxe?! Really?

Quote:
Finally, a bus is heard in the distance. All four NM’s – plus the couple and their granddaughter – strain their eyes to see what is lit up as the destination of the bus. It comes rolling into view and screams a mocking “MGM STUDIOS” at the little group desperately hoping to see “MAGIC KINGDOM” in its window.
Apparently I should've sent four sets of binoculars. And I so feel your pain.

Quote:
Yeah, I’ll admit it. I was ticked off and miserable to be around. I was mad at the stupid bus system and I was mad that the entire day might be ruined because of it.
So much rage from such a sweet girl! This reminds me of Thirteen. And I'm numb all over again.

Quote:
And as the man walks back toward us, he gives us the double thumbs-up sign with an "oh yeah" head nod.

What he says next, literally tested every fiber of self-control within my being.

“I asked the driver if he could make a detour at the Contemporary before he goes to the Magic Kingdom. Since we’re all going to breakfast with Mickey.”

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
NM, this cracked me up. So funny. And that's what you get.

Quote:
I guess the saying is still true. The Early Bird really does catch the worm.

Or at least bacon at the Crystal Palace and the first ride on Space Mountain.
NM, like everybody else, you had me stressed out right along with you. I felt your pain, my girl. I've gotten this way before when I was worried about the timeline not working out on a regular day in October. Not the day after Thanksgiving when the place is more crowded than a wave pool in Japan. So I can imagine the stress was pretty harsh. But all's well that ends well. And I'm so glad to know your morning finally did turn out pretty good after all. Cause any time you can take a few spins with your girl on Space Mountain and Mr. NM can fly around with lil NM in an Astro Orbiter and you can STILL manage to score fastpasses for when you return later on in the day, that's time well spent any way you slice it.

Keep it comin' Woman.

Last edited by LaLa; 02-20-2007 at 09:01 PM. Reason: You didn't honestly think the driver would have stopped at the Contemporary did you? Rookie.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #141
nicolemarie
DIS Veteran

LALA!!!

Obviously, I did not make myself clear!

We stopped at the Contemporary before going to the MK!!!

Can you see why I was in such a ZZUB-like rage?

NicoleMarie

"Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere." Psalm 84:10

What I learned from the DIS - Spring Break 2006 (with pics!!)

Are We Turkeys? - Thanksgiving 2006 at WDW

Last edited by nicolemarie; 02-21-2007 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Z - you are really racking up the double meanings for your name, buddy.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:59 AM   #142
LaLa
Hangs with the Mensas
Uses her boss as a coat rack while she dances
Dreams of running with the big dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolemarie View Post
LALA!!!

Obviously, I did not make myself clear!

We stopped at the Contemporary before going to the MK!!!

Can you see why I was in such a ZZUB-like rage?
WHAT?!

He really stopped at the Contemporary first?! DED. That'll teach ya.

You sure you weren't being Punk'd? Cause that's crazy funny. And also slightly sad.

Last edited by LaLa; 02-21-2007 at 10:02 AM. Reason: I feel for you. Chaka, Chaka, Chaka, Chaka Khan...
Old 02-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #143
mlill
Tagless since 2000!
Tagless, but not forgotten!

Nothin' like trying to get to the MK for an early ADR or tour!!! Been there, done that, learned my lesson! (That's why we did the MK Steam Train Tour while we were staying at the Contemporary in October - so we could WALK to the MK!) Early morning Disney transportation is an experiment in terror, to say the least. I'm sorry it started your day out badly, but it sounds like it ended up OK.

Still lovin' your trippie!

Take care,
Michelle
Old 02-21-2007, 12:25 PM   #144
kpk89
I know that you know that I kn...well, you get the pic
What is a po-tro-ast?
mumbling and looking at floor

oh, wow. Toooo funny. That poor guy on the bus had no idea. And unbelievable that the MGM bus couldn't possibly reroute for you, but the one finally, allegedly taking you to your destination DID.

DED.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:37 PM   #145
Disfan3
Viking Blood

Quote:
And as the man walks back toward us, he gives us the double thumbs-up sign with an "oh yeah" head nod.

What he says next, literally tested every fiber of self-control within my being.

“I asked the driver if he could make a detour at the Contemporary before he goes to the Magic Kingdom. Since we’re all going to breakfast with Mickey.”

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

NM!!!

ded ded DED and DED!!!

I was reading your TR...in word format in the bathtub (yeah nice mental pixie huh???) and I litterally 'bout burst a Mr Bubble when I read this.

My DH thinks we all fabricate things in our TR's....he thinks there is no way these things ACTUALLY happen...like what you just described.

How ironic...your dh can't get the MGM bus to the MK but the crazy Mickey breakfast man can get the MK guy to go to the CR.

rope drop?? Say what??

Dude. We sleep in.

and avoid Black Fridays.

and do NOT sub to TGM. Nor do we have a plan, use fastpass, or keep our cameras out of the wave pool.

You have soooo much to teach me, master.
POR AB March 2007
Beach Club Sept '07,CR Tower September '09
SSR2BR March '10~~ Baby's first trip
Grand Floridian Club Level Feb '11...another 1st! return to GF Oct '11
Kidani Village '12 (big, fat family vacation!)
Sugarloaf Oct '12, Yacht Club CL 2013 FWF
Beach Club Villas '13

Old 02-21-2007, 07:35 PM   #146
Jubilee
<3 my kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa View Post
WHAT?!

He really stopped at the Contemporary first?! DED. That'll teach ya.

You sure you weren't being Punk'd? Cause that's crazy funny. And also slightly sad.

I agree... that was beyond ironic and slightly hilarious once you explained your thought process about not correcting that sweet, newbie old man about breakfast with Pooh, not Mickey. I do stuff like that all the time and inevitably get owned at each turn.

*eta* I'm really not good at waiting for next installments... I normally have been reading only fully completeled TRs to make it easy on myself!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:10 AM   #147
ukwildcat
Will always bleed blue. GO CATS!!!

Now come on people. This TR doesn't deserve to be on the second page. Let's all get our act together and give miss NM her props. Myself included, because as it has been so graciously pointed out, I have been lurking (and eating charred hot dogs).

Numerous Off-Site Trips as a Child to Disneyland/WDW March 1999 - Off-Site Marriot Orlando World Center March 2000 - Coronado Springs (engagement trip) August 2000 - Dixie Landings March 2005 - Coronado Springs May 2005 - Carribean Beach May 2005 - Shades of Green June 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2005 - Wilderness Lodge November 2005 - Yacht Club April 2006 - POR June 2006 - Polynesian July 2006 - Yacht Club August 2006 - All Star Sports September 2006 - Wilderness LodgeJuly 2007 - Yacht ClubAugust 2007 - Beach Club VillasOctober 2007 - Saratoga Springs/Beach Club VillasDecember 2007 - Polynesian

Me DW DS DD

Last edited by ukwildcat; 02-24-2007 at 07:11 AM. Reason: but i was not streaking...I'll never admit to it.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:58 AM   #148
CJsMom

Jambo Wildbunch Gang

That's it - I'm changing my PLAN (for the 15th time and my trip isn't until Dec). We aren't doing any early AM ADR's. I can't handle the stress. If I think I'm having a heart attack just reading about your attempt to get to CP on time what's going to happen when I actually try to do it? I'll turn into some kind of screaming lunatic, my husband will have proof of his theory that I've lost my mind when it comes to WDW and my family will disown me for the rest of the week. Wait a minute...hmmm...on my own at WDW...no Disney-Grump DH or tired kids to drag around...maybe I should re-think this
Old 02-24-2007, 11:38 AM   #149
lexmelinda
Has a Seussical googling DD
I'll remember from now on

NM......Forgive me. I read this installment the day you posted it and was called away (MOM!!!!) and have not been back to tell you how much I enjoyed it. In fact I am just getting over the stress of the CP ADR!!
Quote:
It is now 7:50. I’m not a math genius, but I can figure out this equation. Time on bus to MK + time to walk through turnstiles + time to arrive and check-in at Crystal Palace + time to eat and pay at Crystal Palace = WAAAAY past 9:00. That ain’t gonna fly.
OH......this is all so reminiscent of the infamous CRT episode on our trip....DS's foot gets injured, rain storm, no bus til ADR time, drop the bags with DH and high tail it down Main Street looking like a drowned rat. That was a lovely picture with Cindy. I'm so sorry about your stressful morning and so happy it turned out OK.
Quote:
Or at least bacon at the Crystal Palace and the first ride on Space Mountain.
You're brilliant....black Friday and you're leaving at lunch time while throwing the L to the incoming. TGM must be wiping away a little tear of pride.

Keep it coming........
Old 02-24-2007, 12:05 PM   #150
corinnak
100% Tag Free!

I am in awe as to how quickly you moved through your CP breakfast - a well oiled machine indeed! Thank goodness you didn't have any extended family along - cause nothing slows a character breakfast like extended family, I must say.

That is a thick bunch of people on Main Street, though strangely not at the flagpole or off to the sides - did you really navigate your way through that, swimming upstream? It is a good feeling, leaving the middle of the day mess-o-people behind, isn't it? What's next?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: