Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2006, 09:05 PM   #1
nicolemarie
DIS Veteran

Are We Turkeys? - Thanksgiving 2006 at WDW - NEW 5/17 Chap 11 on Pg 13

This is how it started. It was an innocent purchase. Just one would qualify us for the room discount. And we were staying 7 nights – it was the kid’s Spring Break – so it made sense. It paid for itself in room savings alone.

But, Disney knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

I was being assimilated.

No one buys an AP and uses it for ONE trip.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is NicoleMarie. And I’m a Passholder.

Yep. It’s true. With this little piece of paper, I can log in to the Passholder section of the Disney website. I qualify for special discounts all over the World. I can get good deals on rooms. I even get the Mickey Monitor which alerts me to exclusive happenings in the parks for passholders.

AND I could go to a park every single day for an entire year if I wanted to.

But I don’t need all of that.

I just need the room discount for our Spring Break trip.

That’s all. Just one Annual Pass, please. Thank you.

Like I said, Disney knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

So the Spring Break trip came and went.

We dined with characters, avoided crowds (thanks TGM!), rode our favorite rides multiple times, swam at SAB, saw lots of shows and parades, and had only one or two tense family moments the whole week.

It was as close to perfect as a family vacation can be. The kind of vacation that you can’t wait to repeat. From the moment we got home and my post-Disney vacation depression settled in, I was itchin’ to go back.

I have an AP, after all. It’s free.

Then this past summer, The NM’s took a “non-Disney” trip to a resort in Orlando with the in-laws – who wanted no part of Disney in the summer. I tried to convince my husband before the trip to go ahead and get AP’s for the rest of the family. We could maybe sneak in a morning at a park. Wouldn’t that be fun? And then we’d be set for the any future Disney trips we wanted to take in the next year.

He gave an emphatic “no” and thus the Pump Fake Disney Trip was born.

But it was on the Pump Fake Disney Trip that my husband said something that sounded as sweet to my ears as the day he said “I do.” Something that let me know we really were meant to be together.

He vowed that this was the last vacation the NM’s would take that didn’t involve at least one day at a Disney park.

I fell in love with him all over again and picked up the phone to dial 407-WDISNEY.

My quest to be a Passholder Family was in full swing.

But before we go any further, let’s get aquainted with the future Passholders. The bearers of full-time Disney magic.

Here’s the crew:

DH – He is 8 days older than me. But goes through life exhibiting all the immaturity of someone half our age. Or more. But that’s what makes things fun, right?

He loves nothing more than to embarrass his kids in public, throw out Seinfeld references to folks who probably don’t get it, and think of who he can pretend he is when he calls someone on the phone. He’s a complete dork and keeps me in stitches pretty much all the time. And despite his athletic prowess, dashing good looks and above average intelligence, the sense of humor is what drew me to him. And keeps us enjoying each other to this day.

We are quite opposite in that he is the exemplary Type-A and I’m only organized as it relates to vacations, but we buried the hatchet about that several years ago and just bought a house with separate master closets.

Me – NicoleMarie. NM in some cyber-circles. I’m 36 and holding. Forever. I love being a stay at home mom and wife, and I’m pretty plugged-in to the typical stuff that goes along with that. I won’t bore you with the details. I’m laid back unless you make a spelling typo or try to mess with my Disney vacation itinerary. Or my babies.

I love a great pair of jeans with some cute shoes, but my make-up routine takes all of about 3 minutes. In the car. I highlight my hair, bleach my teeth (there are dentists in my family - it’s free) and wear acrylic over my nails. But I’m all about keepin’ it real. So I don’t use self-tanner. I love music, taking pictures and Disney World.

Sweet Pea – 8 yrs old. And going on 18. I recently told a teacher in a parent/teacher conference that I had to apologize in advance for my eyes tearing up. I explained that anytime I talk about my children – regardless of whether I’m actually feeling emotional – I tear up. My love for them is that overwhelming. My love for my husband is, too. But something is different about my babies. They are a part of me. And a part of my husband. And to me, they are the best of both. Anyway.

My daughter is the child you would pick if you chose kids from a catalog. A perfect sleeper from the beginning. Has never thrown a tantrum. Obedient the first time. Grateful when you do something for her. Good student in school. Well-mannered in public - and at home. And says I’m her best friend.

I love spending time with her and seeing her evolve into the sweet young lady she is. Fortunately, she was the first-born and led us to believe two things.

First, that we had this parenting thing down. And second, that Number Two would be no problem.

Which brings me to just that. Child number two.

Little Man – 4 yrs old. And despite the drastic differences in behavior from his older sister, he’s just as enjoyable to be around. And he has my heart around his tiny little finger. I absolutely adore this guy and find myself walking in his room at night after he’s asleep just so I can stare at his sweet face.

But oh, how he’s different from his sister.

Here’s a perfect example. Both of my kids suffer from that middle of the night ailment known as leg cramps. If your child doesn’t get them, say a prayer of thanks right now. They are no fun for anyone. But if my daughter is awakened with one, she quietly climbs out of bed, tiptoes to our room, and stands beside me and whispers “Mommy?” When she sees I’m awake, she simply says “My leg hurts” and we go through the drill. Which is Tylenol, a massage, and back to sleep.

But Little Man’s middle of the night adventures do not go quite like that. When he awakens, he then proceeds to yell to the top of his lungs.

From his bed. In his room.

“MOOOOOMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!! MY LEEEEEGG HUUUUUUURTS!!!! OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! OW!”

Surprisingly, my husband can sleep right through this.

Our son is passionate about airplanes, Georgia Football, whatever community league sport he’s in at the time, and his sister. He absolutely adores his big sis. He’s inherited his Daddy’s sense of humor, and he adds a dynamic to our family that is nothing short of precious and fun. We all baby him.

Bless his future-wife’s heart.

Not really.

I already don’t like her.

So that’s the crew in a nutshell. And now that that’s out of the way, let’s get to the good stuff. The stuff that you came here for.

The Disney stuff.

Next Up: Frickles ALMOST Thwarts My Plan Chapter Two

NicoleMarie

"Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere." Psalm 84:10

What I learned from the DIS - Spring Break 2006 (with pics!!)

Are We Turkeys? - Thanksgiving 2006 at WDW

Last edited by nicolemarie; 05-23-2007 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Picture paranoia
Old 11-29-2006, 10:13 PM   #2
LaLa
Hangs with the Mensas
Uses her boss as a coat rack while she dances
Dreams of running with the big dogs

It was so nice you had to post it twice

Or did you?

I like this one better, by the way. It's longer. And more detailed.

She's yelling "Go State... Go State" in this picture isn't she? I can just tell. And I ain't talkin' Georgia either.

This...

Quote:
He loves nothing more than to embarrass his kids in public, throw out Seinfeld references to folks who probably donít get it, and think of who he can pretend he is when he calls someone on the phone.
...sounds so much like my husband. The girls at my office have caught onto him over the years though and now they know that when somebody named Luscious calls and tries to place an order for a pizza, to hang up on him.

Quote:
I highlight my hair, bleach my teeth (there are dentists in my family-it's free) and wear acrylic over my nails. But Iím all about keepiní it real. So I donít use self-tanner.
This cracked me up.

Quote:
I recently told a teacher in a parent/teacher conference that I had to apologize in advance for my eyes tearing up. I explained that anytime I talk about my children Ė regardless of whether Iím actually feeling emotional Ė I tear up. My love for them is that overwhelming. My love for my husband is, too. But something is different about my babies. They are a part of me. And a part of my husband. And to me, they are the best of both.
I can so identify with this. It's unbelievable how much love we can hold in our hearts for our babies. They tug on our heartstrings in ways that never cease to amaze me.

NicoleMarie, my girl. I should be knocked out right now but for some strange reason, I'm wired. Must be from all the cold medicine. Anyway, I'm so pysched that you've started your trip report! Glad I stumbled upon it because I've been waiting for this one.

You really know how to take us along for the ride with your beautiful little family. You transport us there with your writing and your awesome shots of our favorite vacation destination. I loved your last one (and Pump Fake I) and can't wait to see how the NMs do Thanksgiving week at the Mouse House.

Bring it on, Turkey.

Last edited by LaLa; 11-30-2006 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Am I the only one with a feeling of deja vu here?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2006, 10:24 PM   #3
Disfan3
Viking Blood

NM NM...you are SO IT!

my sista from anotha mista!! OK OK I just had to throw that one out there because my 6 yo taught it to me a few days ago...

anway...BORG is all I can say. I do not self-tan either. I use a tanning bed or good ol fashioned U-V 45 sunshine!!! You had me DED on this one NM! Great start! LY-MI
POR AB March 2007
Beach Club Sept '07,CR Tower September '09
SSR2BR March '10~~ Baby's first trip
Grand Floridian Club Level Feb '11...another 1st! return to GF Oct '11
Kidani Village '12 (big, fat family vacation!)
Sugarloaf Oct '12, Yacht Club CL 2013 FWF
Beach Club Villas '13

Last edited by Disfan3; 11-30-2006 at 08:57 AM. Reason: la2 love to you!~~ where you been at woman?
Old 11-29-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

NM, great start, love the introduction! Looking forward to the report!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 06:05 AM   #5
saschab
Mouseketeer

I'm in! Great start!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:31 AM   #6
jakenjess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolemarie
Sweet Pea Ė 8 yrs old. And going on 18. I recently told a teacher in a parent/teacher conference that I had to apologize in advance for my eyes tearing up. I explained that anytime I talk about my children Ė regardless of whether Iím actually feeling emotional Ė I tear up. My love for them is that overwhelming. My love for my husband is, too. But something is different about my babies. They are a part of me. And a part of my husband. And to me, they are the best of both. Anyway.
I'm glad I'm not the only teary-eyed mom! The waterworks turn on just thinking about my kiddos!

Quote:
Surprisingly, my husband can sleep right through this.
Hum, this sounds oddly familiar.

I can tell it's going to be a great report! Bring it on!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:59 AM   #7
AshClan
I forgot to say SNAP!
We'll coordinate our Woo Hooties!
Yes, he is a mutant. But a cute one

I am IN!!!!

I, like LaLa, have been waiting for this one. Can't wait to hear about all the NicoleMarie family adventures in the Happiest Place on Earth.

And you made ME tear up talking about the kiddie love. It is so true, and I have teared up at many a teacher conference. MOST of the time, it's for the same reasons as you. We won't address the other times.

Thanks, NM! Can't wait for the rest!!

Last edited by AshClan; 11-30-2006 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Hope you are feeling better!!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:10 AM   #8
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Subscribing to your TR. Your DH sound so reasonable about your love for Disney. I can relate to how strongly you love your kids. As I just adore mine too. Will be waiting to hear all about your trip.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:30 AM   #9
lexmelinda
Has a Seussical googling DD
I'll remember from now on

Well, I usually just click on the CP to check the subscriptions...but I went looking for this one. So happy you're back and have started this TR. Can't wait to hear about it but do everybody a favor, girlfriend, and put a link in the siggie already!

BTW...You're little man sounds a lot like mine....my greatest challenge and my greatest joy...babied, loved, and enjoyed immensely by us all.

You don't use self-tanner....way to keep it real, NM! And I see we are the same age...36 and holding! It's been my favorite age for several years now.

Can wait to hear more!!
Old 11-30-2006, 12:54 PM   #10
Frickles
Missed the wooo hoooty for a phone call
I say keep the squirrel and dress him up and use him as an accessory

NM!!! Where to begin! Your frickin introduction is banana man worthy!!!

Quote:

Yep. Itís true. With this little piece of paper, I can log in to the Passholder section of the Disney website. I qualify for special discounts all over the World. I can get good deals on rooms. I even get the Mickey Monitor which alerts me to exclusive happenings in the parks for passholders.

AND I could go to a park every single day for an entire year if I wanted to.

I want one of those. Seriously. You enlightened me to the idea of getting one when I read your last tr (which by the way everyone should read )
Do you think I could borrow yours along with your pointer finger for a day and try it out?

Quote:
I love a great pair of jeans with some cute shoes, but my make-up routine takes all of about 3 minutes. In the car. I highlight my hair, bleach my teeth (there are dentists in my family - itís free) and wear acrylic over my nails. But Iím all about keepiní it real. So I donít use self-tanner. I love music, taking pictures and Disney World.

I had to quote this one again...

And I have to say I love the Georgia Bulldogs game pics! It was a very lovely addition! Go Dawgs!

Now this....
Quote:
Next Up: Frickles ALMOST Thwarts My Plan
Oh My! You know me NM. If I can't go to Disney I don't want anyone else going either.

Oh good gravy, I can't wait to hear how I ALMOST ruined it for ya! AAAHHHH!

Last edited by Frickles; 11-30-2006 at 12:56 PM. Reason: I apologize for stressing you out if I misspelled anything. :-)
Old 11-30-2006, 01:31 PM   #11
ZZUB
Roll Tide, Mean It

Location: If I'm not at Monk's, check the Hawk & Dove, or else I'm playing tetherball

It's cute that your Daughter was giving such a strong Roll Tide

Quote:
In the car. I highlight my hair, bleach my teeth
How do you do that while driving? Doesn't your husband mind the smell? We have a strict "no hair products in the car" rule. It surprises me that Mr. NM would tolerate anything less.

Quote:
I already donít like her.
I couldn't agree more. I already hate the guy who tries to marry my daughter. He's stupid, too brainy, comes from a bad family, comes from a hoity toity family, has a limited vocabulary, flaunts his fancy schmancy twelve syllable words, doesn't appreciate Bama football enough even though he was a three year starter at quarterback and led them to two national championshiops, doesn't make enough money, is too materialistic, doesn't have a mature enough faith, wants to spend too much time on the mission field, farts too much and doesn't fart enough.

Quote:
He vowed that this was the last vacation the NMís would take that didnít involve at least one day at a Disney park.
How does one do this when you are going to the coast for the weekend? Show me how and I'm down.

Can't wait to read more.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'they are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by ZZUB; 11-30-2006 at 01:33 PM. Reason: By the way, you've mispelled a word. But I won't tell you which one.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:19 AM   #12
kpk89
I know that you know that I kn...well, you get the pic
What is a po-tro-ast?
mumbling and looking at floor

Hey NM! I too am IN! Of course. Borg on the tearing up at the teacher conferences thing. You said it perfectly.

Can't wait to hear how Thanksgiving at the world goes. And if TGM is worth it!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:20 AM   #13
horsegirl
I feel blonder than a cocker spaniel!
I tell people I am 30-10-15 so they are super impressed
I got distracted by all the lovebugs on the pool bar

Location: running from the fruit stand and hiding all my nature pictures

All I have is an "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" for this trip report! I love the pix and the love for your kiddies is just so wonderful. Thanks mama!

Need a Smile? Snowstorm pix of a beautiful snowy day [/SIZE]
A Day at the Punkin Patch-A Celebration of a New England Fall Day
A Week by the Lake- A trip report designed to soothe and calm the reader
How to Make $3600 on Your Disney Vacation...A Trip Report
Old 12-03-2006, 08:37 AM   #14
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Letís just say that Mr. Feeney came out ďwell doneĒ

DISboards Moderator

amen to what the others said......I still get all gushy when I talk about my babies.......our eldest just turned 37 and our baby will be 35 in Feb.....I could just weep when I tell others about my love for them......Now I can extend it to the grandkids.....thanks for your prelim

Old 12-03-2006, 02:36 PM   #15
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

I'm in too.

Your love for you family shines though. Great start.

--

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: