Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
PamNC
A burger is a burger, right
I'd rather go down to Florida, visit Mickey and get some sand in my shoes

Just Back from CSR

Well - we're back. We were there 11/18 - 11/26 (got home yesterday). It's hard coming back to reality. Had a great trip, although a few days were downright COLD.

About CSR - mmmmm....it was okay. I'm not overly impressed, but I'm not overly un-impressed either. Let me preface my commentary by saying that we typically stay deluxe. I really think I am now officially a deluxe resort snob. We really missed the convenience and the "nicer" accommodations. I will share my opinions on the good and the bad of CSR.

THE BAD: (we'll get this part over with first)

Bell Services. Absolutely horrific. The worst I've encountered at Disney. We were in Ranchos (3rd floor) and my DH has back trouble so we decided to use bell services. NOT! We went to the desk, gave them our name and room number and were told to wait in the lobby or right outside and someone would follow us to our car and get our bags and meet us at our room. Sounded good in theory. We waited patiently for about 15-20 minutes and then my DH went to ask to be sure we were where we were suppose to be. They said it would be about 2-5 more minutes. No problem, we thought. WRONG. Another 15 minutes passed. Nothing. So back DH went to check. This time they wouldn't even look at my husband, or answer him, or acknowledge him. They were downright pathetic. So we decided to forget it - at this point after a 9 hour drive, we were over it. So we drove to our room and lo and behold there was an elevator. Had we known that we wouldn't have waited for bell services. Oh well. Not a good first impression, but we didn't let it ruin our mood. We got settled and about 45 minutes later decided to walk to the Pepper Market for dinner. We saw a family who was waiting for bell services when we were waiting. She was just then being brought to her room. Horrible! Not only slow, but not-so-nice CM's.

First Impression of the Room. It was dusty - I mean really, really dusty. You could see the dust on top of the tv/armoire. I could even smell dust. It was on every surface, except the sink area. We concluded that nobody had been in the room for awhile and that was the problem. Again, it wasn't a good impression. We didn't worry about it, as I said we assumed it was because the room had been empty for awhile. We were right because the next day when we returned from the parks, the dust was gone and the room was very clean.

Heater. Yes, I said heater. We needed it a few days of our trip. Can you believe it? The air/heating unit went out one day. Just stopped working, completely. We discovered it on one of the freezing evenings of our trip - but it was so late we decided not to fuss with it. Just slept in the room bundled up. So, the next morning we called and they came pretty quickly. In about 30 minutes. So far so good. The guy told us he was certain it was the breaker and not to worry he woud fix it. We went on about our day and didn't worry about it. Came back that evening and it wasn't fixed. No note, nothing. Just no power - completely not working. We called again. Waited about an hour and someone came and they fixed it. Finally. Again, not a trip- ruining experience by any means but not a good impression either. We felt like the first guy who came to fix it flipped the breaker switch and then just didn't come back to check it. Kind of slack if you ask me.

THE GOOD:

Check-in. The line was very long but it went by fast and the CM was very helpful and friendly.

They met our request. We faxed in a request 3 days prior to our arrival. We asked for Ranchos and for a view of something other than a parking lot and we got a very nice view of the beautiful landscaping.

The grounds are beautiful. Although we didn't spend as much time exploring as we would have liked because it was so cold for part of our trip. We didn't get in the pool, but it is lovely and I would have liked to have jumped in. Very nice pool for a moderate.

Mousekeeping was very very good. The room was always clean and spotless and done early. Even if we returned in the early afternoon it was done. And done well.

Quiet - it was very quiet. We hardly heard a peep from other guests.

Maya Grille - had a delicious meal here. Wonderful atmosphere. I'm certain we'll return.

THE OKAY:

Pepper Market. I guess I liked it okay. Dinner was good - I had prime rib, potatoes and veggies and my DH had something that he liked (I can't remember what it was). I didn't think breakfast was very tasty so we only dined there once for breakfast. The bacon was under-cooked and the eggs were so-so. My DH had a breakfast burritto and he liked it more than I liked mine. The CM's were friendly and helpful.

We had a great trip but we have learned that we prefer Deluxe! It was nice to save some $$ for this trip, we did a lot more shopping than usual.

Any questions - please ask.

PamNC
Old 11-27-2006, 10:01 AM   #2
mamamary
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review!

me dh ds (17) dd (15) and Baxter (my 8 year old lab - rescued from a shelter)

mamamary is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2006, 10:12 AM   #3
bab31
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting

It sounds to me like Disney is cutting corners staffing wise. The CM (bellstaff) was probably crabby because he is overworked and not enough staff. They must staff alot more people in the deluxe catagories- and of course that is part of the dollar value of going deluxe. (inexcusable for WDW in my opinion) Especially if you had to wait that long. I empathize with the staff as I often work under those conditions and it is not fun. Not that I am a crab, but I just understand. The desk people, well that just is plain rude! I have not stayed in a deluxe so hopefully my expectations wont be too high Glad you had a nice vacation!
Old 11-27-2006, 10:20 AM   #4
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Hi Pam! Welcome back and thanks for the review!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:59 AM   #5
PamNC
A burger is a burger, right
I'd rather go down to Florida, visit Mickey and get some sand in my shoes

Hi Buzz!

You're welcome Buzz. Sorry it wasn't a 100% glowing report.

Thank you for all the info on the resort - it was very helpful to us in our planning. All in all, we liked Coronado just fine, but we really did miss the deluxe resort experience. I just wish it had been warmer because the pool area was beautiful.

I think everyone got towel animals while we were there - they were in all the windows. We got a beautiful turkey.

The grounds were immaculate. One thing I'd like to know. When you call the front desk by simply pushing the "front desk" button, do you REALLY get someone at the front desk at Coronado? It didn't seem like it. Do you know if the calls go someplace else?

I failed to mention another "Good" for my report of CSR. The gift shop...very nice. Great items, some of which are the same as the Mexico pavillion.

Oh - and the Christmas tree was beautiful.

PamNC
Old 11-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #6
hezreck
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the report Pam. We check into CSR on Wed. Can't wait!! I just called and requested Ranchos 7B if possible. My DD8 wanted to be close to the pool and I wanted close to a busstop so that chould be good. This will be our first time at CSR. The resort looks beautiful. I write a report when I get back.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: