Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
modernscarlett
Disney Is My New Obsession

Just back from our first trip to CSR!

This was also my DH & DD's first trip. The resort is breathtakingly beautiful! Buzz's pictures didn't even do it justice. I just loved the theming and the atmosphere!

I was disappointed in our room location in Ranchos 6B. I had requested Cabanas, but the hotel was booked solid and it was the only location with two adjoining rooms which we needed. The good points were that our room was right next to the laundry and the quiet pool. Unfortunately, with record cold weather, that didn't end up being much of a bonus. Oh well! It was a long walk when we had to go to or from El Centro after a long day. But the rooms were pristine - no mousekeeping problems, and the beds were comfortable - surprisingly so.

We did have a few issues with our key cards. At first the dining plan wasn't showing on my parents' reservation, but that was fixed upon check-in. Then when we went to MK that evening, the 3 of us got in fine, but my parent's cards indicated they didn't have the park hoppers on them. Guest Relations gave them a temporary pass. After leaving the park, we went to the front desk. They told us we had to have the confirmation paperwork. Had to go all the way back to Ranchos, luckily caught the shuttle, then back to the front desk. My slick negotiator mom asked to see the manager, Larry. Apparently, a new computer system merge caused the glitch, and he gave us 2 fast passes each for our entire party. He was very nice about the problem.

Then my DH's card had issues - didn't work for one meal and then didn't work for fastpasses. Staff was friendly and reissued cards.

We enjoyed the Pepper Market. The ladies at the bakery are delightful. We ate in and to go (my daughter was sick her first full-day at WDW - go figure!) We also, due to her sickness, had to switch around some ressies and ate dinner at the Maya Grill. The server wasn't the friendliest, but the food was very good and the restaurant is just gorgeous. We really enjoyed it.

Bus service was good and bad. Only one day did we wait long for a bus to the parks. The hotel was maxed out, and you could tell it with the buses. People were ALWAYS standing. However, at park closing, the buses weren't that great. Honestly, POR/POFQ always seemed to have more buses running. CSR had long lines which really surprised me after reading the recent trip reports. The crowds this week were HUGE, and I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.

As far as the activities at the resort, I loved the gift shop, Panchitos. Good variety of items and very friendly staff. We also enjoyed the arcade, and the pool and playground area is unbelievable! It was finally warm enough to swim our last night there, and we had a blast on the water slide. The water shooting you down the slide was balmy warm! Then had a good soak in the hot tub.

I was so sad to leave - I'm still depressed. It was my first time in 24 yrs, and the first time any of us had experienced a Disney resort. We'd definitely go back again. The atmosphere is just magical there!
modernscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:01 PM   #2
Schucraig
Disney World is my World!

Glad to hear you had a good trip! I had a problem with my card and fast passes and they gave me a new one, no problems after that! Sorry to hear about the busses, we never had to stand, it must have been really busy. Thanks for the review!
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #3
CTDis4
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you had a great trip. Thanks for the report. CSR is our favorite resort.
CTDis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:22 PM   #4
bab31
DIS Veteran

I have to say that this is the first I have read about the busses being such a problem Iam glad you had a wonderful time after getting your passes straightened out. What a pain that must have been. Glad the resort was nice! Thanks for posting!
Old 11-26-2006, 05:26 PM   #5
Viki
Mid-town Manhattan, anyone?

Listen, I just have to commend you!

There are many posters who have had half the challenges you did and came away with much more dire vacation reports.

I love that you loved your experience despite the glitches!
Viki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:04 PM   #6
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! Thanks for sharing!!
Lilolvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:31 PM   #7
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

My family and I have stayed at all the moderates with the exception of CSR. Because it is considered a conference hotel,we were afraid it would take away from the Disney atmosphere. After reading mostly positive posts though, we are ready to give it a try.
tinawv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:46 PM   #8
DisneyGerry
DIS Veteran

We stayed at Cabanas 8A the week of the 16th-23rd

Great locale near the pool but too cold

nice walk to Pepper Market and we had one breakfast at Maya Grill

BTDT: CSR, POFQ, Y&BC, WL, POR, SSR, CBR, GF, BWV, OKW, HH, and DCL.

Also, AP, DVC, CCL, D23, & Tables in Wonderland.
DisneyGerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:49 PM   #9
DisneyGerry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernscarlett

We enjoyed the Pepper Market. The ladies at the bakery are delightful.

As far as the activities at the resort, I loved the gift shop, Panchitos. Good variety of items and very friendly staff. We also enjoyed the arcade, and the pool and playground area is unbelievable! It was finally warm enough to swim our last night there, and we had a blast on the water slide. The water shooting you down the slide was balmy warm! Then had a good soak in the hot tub.

I was so sad to leave - I'm still depressed. It was my first time in 24 yrs, and the first time any of us had experienced a Disney resort. We'd definitely go back again. The atmosphere is just magical there!
The two little ladies? One from Miami guarding the desserts and quick to tell you that only muffins and cookies are for DDP?

BTDT: CSR, POFQ, Y&BC, WL, POR, SSR, CBR, GF, BWV, OKW, HH, and DCL.

Also, AP, DVC, CCL, D23, & Tables in Wonderland.
DisneyGerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:24 PM   #10
modernscarlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGerry
The two little ladies? One from Miami guarding the desserts and quick to tell you that only muffins and cookies are for DDP?
Yep - that's them. One of them seriously cracked us up. The one lady (shortest and appeared to be youngest) nicely pointed to the desserts we couldn't get - man they looked yummy!
Old 11-27-2006, 04:59 AM   #11
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Great review! Thanks for sharing!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:33 AM   #12
dolphin01
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing your review!!
dolphin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:05 AM   #13
mamamary
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your review!

me dh ds (16) dd (15) and Baxter (my 7 year old lab - rescued from a shelter)

mamamary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #14
PamNC
A burger is a burger, right
I'd rather go down to Florida, visit Mickey and get some sand in my shoes

Hi there

We were there during the same time - in Ranchos 7A. I liked it over there - very quiet. I'll bet we rubbed elbows. Glad you had a magical vacation. Part of it was FREEZING, huh? Sunday the 19th was great, but Mon, Tues and Wed of last week were quite cold. I hated not being able to indulge in the pool. But, Thurs - Sat were nice. At least it wasn't cold during the entire time, huh?

Anyway - wanted to say hello to a fellow NC-er. I hope you go back real soon. We'll probably go back in May. Not to Coronado though. We liked it fine, but we missed being at a deluxe resort.

PamNC
Old 11-27-2006, 10:50 AM   #15
modernscarlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamNC
We were there during the same time - in Ranchos 7A. I liked it over there - very quiet. I'll bet we rubbed elbows. Glad you had a magical vacation. Part of it was FREEZING, huh? Sunday the 19th was great, but Mon, Tues and Wed of last week were quite cold. I hated not being able to indulge in the pool. But, Thurs - Sat were nice. At least it wasn't cold during the entire time, huh?

Anyway - wanted to say hello to a fellow NC-er. I hope you go back real soon. We'll probably go back in May. Not to Coronado though. We liked it fine, but we missed being at a deluxe resort.

PamNC
I'm sure we did rub elbows. I would have preferred Cabanas, but it was ok. I liked Coronado and the way it "felt." We visited AKL while there and my family now wants to stay there. We'll probably be returning soon because we missed a lot of our planned activities with my DD's sickness, but we managed to have a lot of fun as well. It was CROWDED! Don't know that we'll do Thanksgiving again, but we really enjoyed the decorations, so who knows!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: