Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2006, 05:17 AM   #31
Virgo10
Really, this year there's no one who floats my boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom+3girls
Well everyone, I am up and around, surgery went great.
I was thinking about you last night and wondering how everything went. From your post I'd say it went REALLY well.

So you were in and out the same day. Lucky you! I've already been told that I'll be there over night. Probably because I'm OLD Eh, that's probably OK though as I usually have a wicked time with anesthesia. If I'm going to be tossing my cookies, I'd rather do it in the hospital.

Well congratulations on having this surgery behind you and looking forward to eating without fear. I will hopefully be joining you in this club next week.
Virgo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #32
snowwite
DIS Veteran

I had to be admitted Sunday night with acute choleycystitis. I had the lap choley Tuesday and came home late last night. I am sore in some unexpected places and for some reason all my muscles are sore but I am not having much pain.

snowwite is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2006, 05:10 PM   #33
Virgo10

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwite
I had to be admitted Sunday night with acute choleycystitis. I had the lap choley Tuesday and came home late last night. I am sore in some unexpected places and for some reason all my muscles are sore but I am not having much pain.
Wow, I'm sorry that happened but at least it was quick. Tomorrow's my surgery and I'm going to worry myself into an ulcer by then.

I'm also expecting to be in over night and get home on Saturday. But you know the saying, "The best laid plans..." I was told 3 days with my thyroid surgery and I spent a total of 5 days in the hospital, 3 of which were in ICU.

My hope is that this surgery will in no way be as bad as I'm imagining it's going to be. Doesn't make me any less scared though.

Glad you're home and it's over for you. Take it easy, you may be a bit dehydrated with all those achy muscles.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:51 PM   #34
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Sending positive vibes for your surgery. I am sure you will be glad when this is over with.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:28 PM   #35
mom+3girls
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am laughing, not at you but... the day I had my surgery I told my mother that they must have dropped me off of the table because my shoulder and knee hurt like they were broken.
I ended up having to sit in the tub in hot water, I know I wasn't suppose to take a bath but I just ran enough water to cover my knee, it was the only relief I could get.
I had more pain in my shoulder and knee than I did from the actual incisions.
mom+3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:00 AM   #36
Virgo10

Wow, it's been two days now since my surgery and I can't believe how good I feel. The only things that are really bothering me are my back because I can't stand up straight and one of the incisions which is making me walk around hunched over. I've had NO shoulder pain at all. The other three incisions are just the tiniest bit uncomfortable. This morning I did laundry, washed dishes and swept the floor. The husband is amazed that I've bounced back so fast.

May be TMI for some but this was the first and only time that I've had surgery and did not throw up once. Kudos to the anesthesia department at Lakeland Hospital!

Last edited by Virgo10; 12-17-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:59 PM   #37
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Don't overdo it.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:57 PM   #38
mom+3girls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo10
Wow, it's been two days now since my surgery and I can't believe how good I feel. The only things that are really bothering me are my back because I can't stand up straight and one of the incisions which is making me walk around hunched over. I've had NO shoulder pain at all. The other three incisions are just the tiniest bit uncomfortable. This morning I did laundry, washed dishes and swept the floor. The husband is amazed that I've bounced back so fast.

May be TMI for some but this was the first and only time that I've had surgery and did not throw up once. Kudos to the anesthesia department at Lakeland Hospital!

I am glad you are doing so well.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:31 PM   #39
snowwite
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am laughing, not at you but... the day I had my surgery I told my mother that they must have dropped me off of the table because my shoulder and knee hurt like they were broken.
I ended up having to sit in the tub in hot water, I know I wasn't suppose to take a bath but I just ran enough water to cover my knee, it was the only relief I could get.
I had more pain in my shoulder and knee than I did from the actual incisions.
It is so wierd. I have more pain in my neck and legs than my belly. The doctor said it is from positioning in OR when they put in the catheter etc. I was hoping to feel better by now but I still have cramps and feel so tired plus I am having some complications now. It is making it impossible to get ready for holidays. Did it take you long to recover?

Old 12-17-2006, 10:34 PM   #40
snowwite
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have been doing very little housework. I did dishes and threw in laundry. I have been having my teens and DH help out. Try not to over do it.Glad to hear it went well for you

Old 12-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #41
mom+3girls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is so wierd. I have more pain in my neck and legs than my belly. The doctor said it is from positioning in OR when they put in the catheter etc. I was hoping to feel better by now but I still have cramps and feel so tired plus I am having some complications now. It is making it impossible to get ready for holidays. Did it take you long to recover?
I went back to work 5 days after my surgery. The first week I had days where I could barely put one foot in front of the other by the time I got home. My belly button is still pretty sore.
But all in all I feel great now. Still have some foods that I am still trying and finding some that I still can't eat.
Went for my followup today doctor said everything looked okay and that I can get back to normal activities as my body will let me, he said to really pay attention when my body says hey thats a little too much right now.
I have been playing catch up with my holiday planning. And kinda feel bad that I haven't been able to get all the things done that I need to get done. But people will just have to understand this year.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:29 AM   #42
snowwite
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I went back to work 5 days after my surgery. The first week I had days where I could barely put one foot in front of the other by the time I got home. My belly button is still pretty sore.
But all in all I feel great now. Still have some foods that I am still trying and finding some that I still can't eat.
Went for my followup today doctor said everything looked okay and that I can get back to normal activities as my body will let me, he said to really pay attention when my body says hey thats a little too much right now.
I have been playing catch up with my holiday planning. And kinda feel bad that I haven't been able to get all the things done that I need to get done. But people will just have to understand this year.
5 days, wow! I am now 7 days out and I am still too sore and in the bathroom too much to go to work yet. I saw the MD yesterday and he gave me a stronger medicine for thrush and said I can go back next Thursday. Now I need to wrap,bake and start (yes,start) my Christmas cards. I still cant wear normal pants and my belly hurts but per MD this is normal.
Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Old 12-21-2006, 01:18 AM   #43
mom+3girls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
5 days, wow! I am now 7 days out and I am still too sore and in the bathroom too much to go to work yet. I saw the MD yesterday and he gave me a stronger medicine for thrush and said I can go back next Thursday. Now I need to wrap,bake and start (yes,start) my Christmas cards. I still cant wear normal pants and my belly hurts but per MD this is normal.
Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
My belly button area is still sore so I have to wear pants that are loose, thank goodness I have every size you an imagine in my closet, right now I only have 2 pair of pants that I wear that don't poke my belly or rub my belly button area.
I went back to work but was very sore and was exhausted when I got home, doctor did okay it but I should have taken a few more days.
Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:19 AM   #44
nut4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm glad you're doing so well. Be careful not to overdo it! When I had surgery I had some of the same sort of back issues. The doctor told me that I might be slightly dehydrated and encouraged me to drink plenty of water. I don't why it helps, but it did!
nut4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:15 AM   #45
Virgo10

Argggg! I'm suffering a slight set back today. Yes, I'm an idiot! Yesterday I decided to go out for the first time since I got home. I went to the super Wal Mart in town and, instead of picking up one or two things, stayed on my feet for nearly 45 minutes. When I got back to the car I realized I'd forgotten some other stuff so I staggered back to the store. I knew when I got to the entrance there was no way I would be able to walk around in there so I ended up using a scooter.

Last night was bad! The biggest of my incisions (smack dab in the center of the stomach area) gets a little egg type protrusion when I over do. I'm assuming they must cut through the abdominal muscles when they go in and that are is weak enough so that my stomach is pushing against it causing the bulge. I'll be asking the surgeon when I see her next week.

Well, to be honest, this morning ain't that great either although it's not as bad as last night.

So long trips to the store are off my schedule until further notice. On a more upbeat note, I seem to be able to eat just about anything I want to. Still haven't done any type of meal that would be really harsh but I can do spaghetti, tuna salad and ice cream all of which beats the 10 week diet of rice/chicken/potatoes/etc. by a mile.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: