Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2006, 10:24 PM   #16
mom+3girls
DIS Veteran

I will be having my surgery on Wed Dec 6, not looking forward to it. But I hope the pain in my stomach ends with this surgery.

My attacks are weird to, I love spicy food that doesn't seem to bother me, but give me any type of beef and I am dying, I have also decided that my gallbladder does not like Italian food, one piece of pizza the other night I was on the couch in horrible pain for several hours. Sometimes mine likes salad and sometimes it doesn't. I would love to have a nice big salad and a nice big juicy steak cooked medium rare.
mom+3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:03 AM   #17
Virgo10
Really, this year there's no one who floats my boat

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! I'm going to see a surgeon, also tomorrow.

You're a lot braver than I am. I have been eating the same 9 things for the past 9 weeks. I'm on as close to a no fat diet as you can get. I added carrots last night so now I'm up to 10 things. Whoopee.

The surgeon's office told me they were booking operations into the beginning of the new year so it looks like I'll be holding on to my GB for at least a few more weeks.

You know, I went on a diet back in April. In 6 months I lost 14 pounds. Then in October I had my first attack and went on this stupid diet. In the past 9 weeks I've lost 17 pounds. I should publish this diet for those who want a quick weight loss.

Once again... GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! Let us know how you are as soon as you feel up to it.
Virgo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2006, 06:18 AM   #18
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom+3girls
I will be having my surgery on Wed Dec 6, not looking forward to it. But I hope the pain in my stomach ends with this surgery.

My attacks are weird to, I love spicy food that doesn't seem to bother me, but give me any type of beef and I am dying, I have also decided that my gallbladder does not like Italian food, one piece of pizza the other night I was on the couch in horrible pain for several hours. Sometimes mine likes salad and sometimes it doesn't. I would love to have a nice big salad and a nice big juicy steak cooked medium rare.

Weird isn't it? Whenever people talk gallbladder you hear stay away from fats and fried foods. Yet I can eat those one day with no problem but the next time forget it.
Sometimes I can eat something completely bland and wham!
Makes no sense which I suppose is one reason they are having a hard time with me.

Does coffee bother anybody? I drink about 1-2 cups everyday and most of the time I'll develop a pain in the side. Anyone else??
Old 12-05-2006, 06:19 AM   #19
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

[QUOTE=Virgo10]
You know, I went on a diet back in April. In 6 months I lost 14 pounds. Then in October I had my first attack and went on this stupid diet. In the past 9 weeks I've lost 17 pounds. I should publish this diet for those who want a quick weight loss.

QUOTE]

Please do! LOL
Old 12-05-2006, 06:36 AM   #20
DISNEYLOVER70
Speaks softly but carries a big stick!

I had my gallbladder out 5 years ago when I was 31. I had a gallbladder FULL of stones. Several trips to the ER over the course of 3 years before I finally got told it was my gallbladder. But here is the good news: I had it out and *Poof* no more symptoms. It has been 5 years and I don't have any gallbladder symptoms at all. I have acid reflux but no more gallbladder pain. Thank Goodness. That was worse than labor pain. My surgery went well and I spent one night in the hospital for observation, but I felt good enough that I could have gone shopping ! Sore if I moved certain ways obviously, but nothing more than how a bruise would feel.

Good luck, I will pray for you tomorrow! I hope your surgery goes as well as mine!!!

DISNEYLOVER70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:26 AM   #21
Virgo10

[QUOTE=phorsenuf]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo10

QUOTE]

Please do! LOL
You asked for it

Coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 and sugar. I go easy on the 1/2 and 1/2.

Breakfast:
1 or 2 slices white bread toasted. NO margarine or butter but jelly is OK
8 ounces of Gatorade.

Lunch:
Par boiled rice made with chicken broth. Actually I use water and add either the bullion cubes or granules. Serving size is about a cup of cooked rice.
1 large nuked potato. Do NOT eat the skin. I add NO Fat margarine to the potato. The Promise no fat spread is good.
Animal Crackers. As many as I want.

Mid Afternoon: More Gatorade.

Supper:
A cup or so of the cooked rice.
1/3 boiled boneless, skinless chicken breast.
Green beans or carrots.
2 slices of Bread with Promise no fat spread.

Dessert:
Bowl of frozen yogurt. My personal favorite is Blue Bunny Brownie Fudge Fantasy. It has NO Fat in it.

Nighttime snack:
Jello with No fat cool whip.
Animal Crackers.

Honestly, this is what I have been eating for the past 9 weeks! The weight is just peeling off me. I've been losing between 1 and 4 pounds a week. Although I'm tired a lot, my energy level is still pretty good and I feel so much better now that I've lost 31 pounds.

I drink water all day long and occasionally add another glass of Gatorade as well. For someone who didn't have gallbladder concerns, you could certainly add fruits and veggies galore to this and still probably lose weight consistently.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #22
luvsmickeymouse
Opt to Adopt!

Quote:

Gook luck tomorrow. You will be glad that you had it done. I am feeling great.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:47 PM   #23
luvsmickeymouse
Opt to Adopt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo10
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! I'm going to see a surgeon, also tomorrow.

You're a lot braver than I am. I have been eating the same 9 things for the past 9 weeks. I'm on as close to a no fat diet as you can get. I added carrots last night so now I'm up to 10 things. Whoopee.

The surgeon's office told me they were booking operations into the beginning of the new year so it looks like I'll be holding on to my GB for at least a few more weeks.

Once again... GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! Let us know how you are as soon as you feel up to it.
Virgo10-good luck to you also. Hopefully you can have your surgery done soon. I am so glad that I had mine done. I was so worried about it and it was easy. The hernia repair is what bothered me the most.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:02 AM   #24
cherylp3
Florida Resident

one thing I want to suggest is earth balance soy butter it does not have much fat.

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:14 PM   #25
JodyTG
It's a well known fact that a woman can never own too many pairs of black shoes. Why can't my husband see that a new pair of shoes really CAN change your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYLOVER70
That was worse than labor pain.
Exactly my thought and they way that I described my first symtoms to the ER doctor two weeks ago. I had these horrible contraction-like cramps for two days until I just couldn't take it anymore. Lamaze breathing helped though. Plus, after the first day, I couldn't keep anything in my stomach...not even water. So, 7AM on a Monday morning I went to the ER and was dehydrated (nah, ya think?) They gave me a CT scan and all they found was was a few stones in my gallbladder. But, they didn't do the surgery right then (they wanted to be cautious and make sure that was my problem). I've had two attacks since, but different than the first. These are not like contraction, but constant pain like someone is grabbing me and won't let go. One was when I ate tamales (stupid huh?) and the second was after a salad. Talk about two extremes!!!

I've since switched to a very non-fat diet and seem to be okay. I'm just getting tired of low-fat turkey and non-fat cheese sandwiches on wheat bread. The bad thing is (or maybe it's the selfish thing), we're going to WDW for 3 days and then a 4 day DCL cruise over Christmas and I don't want to do anything about it until January. I just hope there's things that I can eat on the cruise that won't have me writhing in agony for an hour or so...
May 1990, Grand Floridian | May 1996, Dixie Landings | June 1997, All Star Sports | June 1998, Caribbean Beach | June 2000, All Star Music | June 2002, Port Orleans French Quarter | December 2003, All Star Music | December 2005, Beach Club Villas | December 2006, Beach Club Villas & Disney Wonder 4 night Bahamas cruise | December 2008, BoardWalk Villas | December 2010, Port Orleans Riverside | December 2011, Pop Century | November 2013, Disney Wonder 7 night Western Caribbean cruise
JodyTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #26
Virgo10

I saw the surgeon this morning. She was very pleasant and informative. I took a shot and told her how apprehensive I was about leaving my husband alone. He has moderate to severe Parkinsons Disease and some days he really should not be alone. His son is coming down for a visit next week and after telling her this she said she thought there might be an opening on Friday the 15th. And there was!!

This has taken a huge weight off of my shoulders. Now the husband will have someone with him and I'll have people here for a few days that can run errands. What a relief!

The only negative side of today was the mix up in the surgeon getting my records from the primary care doctor. I had requested records from when I had my thyroid removed back in 2000. There were problems with that operation and for a while they thought I might have had a heart attack. It turned out that wasn't what happened but I never did find out what it was. Getting the records from that surgery was always something I meant to do but just never got around to doing. What ever the problem was, it's something I want the surgeon doing this operation to know about.

I had requested the records before I even knew who the surgeon was so I had them sent to the Primary care doctor. I figured he could send them to the surgeon. Wrong! With all the privacy laws in effect now, they can't send records from another doctor. Good grief. However I can go pick them up myself and get them to the surgeon. What a runaround! I'll be doing that tomorrow morning.

So a week from Friday is my date. That's really good because I'm a worry wart and this gives me less time to dwell on it.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:26 PM   #27
luvsmickeymouse
Opt to Adopt!

Good Luck

So a week from Friday is my date. That's really good because I'm a worry wart and this gives me less time to dwell on it.

You will be so glad to have it done. I worried so much about my surgery, I am afraid of anethesia.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #28
mom+3girls
DIS Veteran

Well everyone, I am up and around, surgery went great. After the surgery yesterday I felt great, even walked into the grocery to the pharmacy to get my script and back out to the car. This was less than 4 hours after my surgery. Last night was a little rough they prescribed Lortab and I went ahead and took one last night just so I could sleep. I did stay at my mom's house last night only because my family insisted on it, they know me and I would have probably been up doing stuff.
Today I am sore and my belly is a little swollen but I was able to go out tonight and go to my youngest daughter band concert. My oldest drove me right up to the door and went and got the car and picked me up at the door. The teacher was very surprised that I was there.
The surgeon told my mother that my gallbladder was inflamed and loaded down with stones and that he is sending it to pathology. He also said that it looked like it has been inflamed for awhile. Well I could've told him that, I have been having lots of gastro problems since 1999.
But all in all I am doing good.
thanks for all the prayer and good wishes.
And for those of you that are still waiting I will pray for you and send good wishes to you all. And hope that yours goes as well as mine.

on my way to healing
mom+3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:12 PM   #29
luvsmickeymouse
Opt to Adopt!

Quote:
Well everyone, I am up and around, surgery went great. After the surgery yesterday I felt great, even walked into the grocery to the pharmacy to get my script and back out to the car. This was less than 4 hours after my surgery. Last night was a little rough they prescribed Lortab and I went ahead and took one last night just so I could sleep. I did stay at my mom's house last night only because my family insisted on it, they know me and I would have probably been up doing stuff.
Today I am sore and my belly is a little swollen but I was able to go out tonight and go to my youngest daughter band concert. My oldest drove me right up to the door and went and got the car and picked me up at the door. The teacher was very surprised that I was there.
The surgeon told my mother that my gallbladder was inflamed and loaded down with stones and that he is sending it to pathology. He also said that it looked like it has been inflamed for awhile. Well I could've told him that, I have been having lots of gastro problems since 1999.
But all in all I am doing good.
thanks for all the prayer and good wishes.
And for those of you that are still waiting I will pray for you and send good wishes to you all. And hope that yours goes as well as mine.

on my way to healing
Glad to hear you are up and around.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:15 PM   #30
snowwite
DIS Veteran

I have GB disease and newly diagnosed NASH fatty liver. I am soooo scared to have the surgery. I am a risk manager and see all the worst case outcomes which is only making me more worried. Have a lot of you sucessfully had the surgery? I already found out the ERCP and lithotripsy are not an option due to large stones.

snowwite is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: