Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2006, 08:27 PM   #1
zimaaaaah
Mouseketeer

Just back from CSR - oops

Just back from a week at CSR - The resort was very beautiful. Check-in was really efficient; the room we had requested in 7B was ready for us when we arrived at 2 pm. Mousekeeping was fine; they did a good job and responded to all our requests for extra towels, etc. promptly. Overall, I would rate the resort a 8 or 9.

Now for a few things that I wish I would have thought about before I booked because they didn't work for us:

The grounds really are beautiful, but the all the walking gets old really quickly. We didn't have much time to just relax and enjoy the resort, so it seemed all we did was walk around it.

The beds are only doubles which didn't sound like a big deal when I booked but turned out to be a really big deal when the 4 of us didn't sleep well together. (certainly not the resorts fault).

The pool is nice, but the most shallow part is 3'6" which was not good for my 5 year old. She was too big to play in the baby pool but not big enough to have much fun in the big pool without help. The zero entry pool worked much better. (again not the resorts fault)

The last night we were there busses of teens started rolling in for some sort of youth convention. Oh my. The yelling from room to room at 10 or 11 at night, and then some of them tried to come in our room by mistake at 12:30 am and we had a 4:30 wake up call for an early flight the next day. I was SO glad they were only there one night.

Not really complaining since I don't think anything was the resorts fault; I thought I would share our experience since it might help someone else make a decision. My lesson for this trip was: "Maybe our family is more of a "hotel family" instead of a "resort family".

Overall, we had a truly magical vacation

Happy planning to everyone!
zimaaaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
loralie
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you had a great time at CSR. I just booked my trip for CSR for May and I wanted to know which area would you request for next time and why? I requested Cabanna 9B because it looks pretty close to the pepper market and not too far from the dig site. What do you think?

Loralie

Here is a link to my May 2009 Grand Floridian trip report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2186301

Can't wait to plan more trips to Disney! When you are here the rest of the world just goes away along with all the problems.
loralie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2006, 08:38 PM   #3
zimaaaaah
Mouseketeer

I think 9B would have made us feel less like we were walking all the time. We just didn't want to have a Cabana because of a bad experience at CBR in the past. Silly I know, but we wanted not to have that vibe again. I do think that 9B is the most convenient location to most everything.
zimaaaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:59 PM   #4
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

That is my one wish is that all resorts had at least queen beds.

Welcome back and thanks for the review!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: