Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #1
MoesGal06
Earning My Ears

CASH BACK SALE at Ebates: Cyber Monday

Hello everyone!

I know there are some Ebates fans on this board, so I think you'll be happy to know we are launching a big promotion for CYBER MONDAY on November 27th at 11AM Pacific Standard Time.

We are increasing the Cash Back at hundreds of merchants for four hours only!

For those that haven't used Ebates, some of our most popular stores include: DisneyShopping, Travelocity, JCPenney, Target, Nordstrom, Overstock, Circuit City, Drugstore, Barnes & Noble- we've got over 800 merchants!

It's a great time to do some holiday shopping.
(and former Autopia cast member )
MoesGal06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:38 PM   #2
DizneyDogs
Mouseketeer
Scrapbooking Diva

Thanks for posting! I ebates. Took advantage of that 8% deal the other day and really racked up the $ then, but now my credit card is screaming LOL
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2006, 05:37 PM   #3
MoesGal06
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyDogs
Thanks for posting! I ebates. Took advantage of that 8% deal the other day and really racked up the $ then, but now my credit card is screaming LOL
Hehehe...well, at least there's a few days left before Cyber Monday. Maybe by then you'll be in shopping mode.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #4
DizneyDogs
Mouseketeer
Scrapbooking Diva

Oh I am always in the shopping mode that's my problem!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
Redwitch
DIS Veteran

MoesGal06 --

Sounds like good times -- but some of us WORK for a living!
Why on a Monday? And only for a few hours?

RedWitch Mikka (DD) Ebony RIP Amber Khan Tora Raion

Redwitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 06:56 AM   #6
pigalet770
Earning My Ears

Cyber Monday is the online equivalent of Black Friday. Online retailers have noticed an increase in online shopping activity on the Monday following Thanksgiving weekend. They now offer online specials on this day to capture business of those doing their shopping while at work. I recall lots of special online sales last year on that day.
pigalet770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:51 PM   #7
MoesGal06
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwitch
MoesGal06 --

Sorry, I didn't see your reply until just now! As the poster below said, Cyber Monday is the online equivalent of Black Friday. Some websites choose to follow Black Friday, others are going the Monday route. I'm sorry if you won't be able to participate- let me know if you want me to find any promo codes for particular stores...at least that way you can still get some good deals.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:48 PM   #8
LadyBears
I do believe in Tag Fairies, I DO, I DO!!
No it's not impossible. I had my cake & I ate it, too!

Quote:
MoesGal06 --

Couldn't the same be said for black FRIDAY - many people have to work Friday & may not be able to take advantage of the "sales". Perhaps those who had to work Friday will have Monday off?

Why not do these sales on a Saturday when more people are off & are able to take advantage of things??
2004 - All Star Movies
2013 - Pop Century & 2013 - Royal Pacific

LadyBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:18 PM   #9
MoesGal06
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBears
Couldn't the same be said for black FRIDAY - many people have to work Friday & may not be able to take advantage of the "sales". Perhaps those who had to work Friday will have Monday off?

Why not do these sales on a Saturday when more people are off & are able to take advantage of things??
I suppose it's probably more common to have Friday off than Monday. These days get designated as the big sale days when there's a trend in increased shopping, and retailers follow suit.

It kind of seems like Saturday would be the same way, though...? I mean, if people are already off work for the holiday, then they'd probably have Saturday, too.

Last edited by MoesGal06; 11-22-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #10
LadyBears
I do believe in Tag Fairies, I DO, I DO!!
No it's not impossible. I had my cake & I ate it, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoesGal06
I suppose it's probably more common to have Friday off than Monday. These days get designated as the big sale days when there's a trend in increased shopping, and retailers follow suit.

It kind of seems like Saturday would be the same way, though...? I mean, if people are already off work for the holiday, then they'd probably have Saturday, too.
What I meant & I know I didn't explain myself clearly was that the common work week is M-F 9-5 ish. These people tend to get black Friday off as one of their paid holidays off. Those who work retail tend to have a rotated shift where they work a different day each week & those that work the 3 shifts (6-2, 2-11, 11-7) tend to do the weekend on/weekend off thing. From my experience of years in retail (when I was in school) if you had to work black Friday weekend, you had the following Monday off. Perhaps this Cyber Monday is meant towards those in retail & other "industrial" work hours to have a chance to enjoy shopping at the same prices that they are unable to that the others have.

Either way, the black Friday prices & items offered this year are a joke.
I am 80% done with my shopping. Most of the stuff I have bought just a few months ago either isn't on sale on Friday, or the prices are already more expensive "on sale" than they were at regular price when I bought them!
The few items that I have found on "sale" on black Friday would only save me a dollar or two. I will glady pay the extra $2.00 to know I have the item & I didnt' have to stand in a loooong line to get it!
2004 - All Star Movies
2013 - Pop Century & 2013 - Royal Pacific

LadyBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:15 PM   #11
MoesGal06
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBears
What I meant & I know I didn't explain myself clearly was that the common work week is M-F 9-5 ish. These people tend to get black Friday off as one of their paid holidays off. Those who work retail tend to have a rotated shift where they work a different day each week & those that work the 3 shifts (6-2, 2-11, 11-7) tend to do the weekend on/weekend off thing. From my experience of years in retail (when I was in school) if you had to work black Friday weekend, you had the following Monday off. Perhaps this Cyber Monday is meant towards those in retail & other "industrial" work hours to have a chance to enjoy shopping at the same prices that they are unable to that the others have.

Either way, the black Friday prices & items offered this year are a joke.
I am 80% done with my shopping. Most of the stuff I have bought just a few months ago either isn't on sale on Friday, or the prices are already more expensive "on sale" than they were at regular price when I bought them!
The few items that I have found on "sale" on black Friday would only save me a dollar or two. I will glady pay the extra $2.00 to know I have the item & I didnt' have to stand in a loooong line to get it!

I know what you mean. Sometimes it is worth paying a couple extra bucks to avoid all the hassle.

What I'm planning on doing is stocking up on some everyday items during the Cyber Monday promo for which I have a free shipping code. Free shipping makes it all worth it, to me. Costs the same as shopping B&M, but you get to do it from home. Plus the Cash Back increases should be pretty good.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:13 PM   #12
Redwitch
DIS Veteran

If my time is right (I always get confused when I try and figure out time zone changes!) I have about an hour on the East coast when I get home from work at 5:00 to check this out - right?

Are they going to release what the exra rebates or sales will be in advance?

RedWitch Mikka (DD) Ebony RIP Amber Khan Tora Raion

Redwitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:38 PM   #13
MoesGal06
Earning My Ears

Quote:
If my time is right (I always get confused when I try and figure out time zone changes!) I have about an hour on the East coast when I get home from work at 5:00 to check this out - right?

Are they going to release what the exra rebates or sales will be in advance?
Eastern Time, the Cyber Monday promo will be 2pm-6pm and the Cash Back percentages will not be released in advance.

I would recommend putting together a list of Ebates merchants from whom you'd want to shop, jot down their current %, and then on Cyber Monday, browse through to see what the new % is. The most popular merchants' promotional % will be prominently displayed on the homepage.

If I can be of any help as far as helping you find coupon codes, etc., I'd be more than happy.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:32 PM   #14
MoesGal06
Earning My Ears

Cyber Monday starts in 24 minutes!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #15
FloatinInABlueLagoon
Mouseketeer

I haven't seen this thread before but I did get the email advertising this event. So I held off on some of my shopping this weekend to see what kind of specials will show up. Watching the Ebates timer as we speak...Hope it's good!

December 2011 ~ Pop Century *SeaWorld, MK & Epcot*
January 2009 ~ Pop Century *MK & AK & HS*
January 2007 ~ Pop Century *DD & MK*
October 2005 ~ Polynesian Resort *MK & MGM*
FloatinInABlueLagoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: