Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2006, 08:05 PM   #1
silmarg
SIL

Coronado Springs - Just Back Thread #43 - November 2006

Drove down to "The World" from the NYC area after school let out on Nov 3. We arrived at about noon on the 4th at CSR. There were a few folks in line at registration when we got there and was taken care of quite quickly.

I had requested Ranchos 7B but it did not seem there was any notation on my file... (seems to be a trend lately)... but the CM made it seems like there were many rooms available and indeed he gave us a corner room in 7B overlooking the quiet pool and was not far from the parking lot, laundry facilities (which we intended to use but never did) and the Dig Site. My room rate was $115/nite (with a Annual Passholder discount). May be interesting to note that the CM was not interested in actually seeing my AP .

The room was available when we got there - which is great cause we needed a place to crash after the 20 hour drive.

We decided to take it easy on the 4th. So we took a dip in the pool. The Dig Site is awesome. Great Pool. The Slide was the best... it's more than just a slide... it propels you into the pool. It was a blast. This alone was worth the price of admission.

We did lunch at the Pepper Market on the first day. It was empty. The food was decent there (I thought it was a bit pricey... but the servings were big). I liked the way you purchase things at PM, but I could see why some folks get confused on how it works.

We did use the small concession stand next to the PM one other day. They had a decent selection of items.

I took my daughters to the Dig Site playground one other morning and all the slides were working. The playground was very nice.

The decor of CSR is great and is very well kept.

Our room was nice. Mousekeeping did do the animal thing for the first few days... but I think we has a different keeper the last few days.

We did run out of Tissues one day. We called at 10PM. And the folks in Mousekeeping came by in 10mins with Tissues, Soap, Towels... a whole care package!!!

My only complaints were: the room furniture is nearing the end of its useful life... the drawers did not open and close smoothly. The slide in/out tray the TV was on would only stay out (you could not slide the TV back into the cabinet.. well, you could try, but it would just slide back out on its own again). The door of the furniture that housed the fridge was very wobbly.

We did not use the buses, but there were were busses passing all the time and I never saw more than one or two families waiting for a bus at any time. The bus situation at CSR is better than at the Contemporary - trust me.

For those who drive from their resorts to the Parks... CSR is the best. It is really centrally located to all the parks. I dont think it takes more than 7 mins to get to any park's parking lot.

CSR is very spread out. I could see how some folks can get lost or find it too spread out. The big plus on this spreadout layout is that it is VERY quiet. It is the antithesis of any other resort in "The World". When I think about how noisy AsMu or the Contemporary was when I was there. Fugetaboutit.. this place could be used as a romatic getway ... No kidding!

From the way the parking lot looked. I dont think the place was sold out this week. By the time we left (we left on Veteren's Day) it seemed more full.

All in all... For $115 a nite... its a steal. The only better deal may be Shades of Green (which can be under $100... but you have to be a military person).

Any questions? Lemme know!
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)

Last edited by silmarg; 11-12-2006 at 10:03 PM.
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:42 PM   #2
qman
DIS Veteran

Csr

We stayed in 7B at the CSR last year during the same week.

I would agree that it has a great location within the resort. We used the Disney transportation system and had few long waits. It is a beautiful resort, the grounds are wonderful.

We also noticed a few worn pieces of furniture. One of our dresser doors did not shut correctly and the we had trouble keeping the door to the television cabinet closed.

Overall (except for the furniture, which was really a minor issue) we loved the resort.
qman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2006, 11:06 PM   #3
a*lil*bit*goofy
If only I had a brain! :O/
Oh wow now i am even more excited for the odd nights

GREAT report! thanks for the warnings, will be sure to watch out for tv trays that move on their own. LOL ;o)

Feeling really happy that we switched resorts (with the discount booking code to save money ) we were originally at POFQ, but the disc. wasn't avail there so we switched...and i honesly am really feeling confident about it! can't wait, only 19 more days!
Old 11-12-2006, 11:30 PM   #4
epcotfan
Kitty!
Everyday I wake up and think about Disneyland
I think it is sheer luck, endurance and compromise

Wow, thanks for posting. Gets me excited about my upcoming 5th trip to CSR in May
epcotfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:33 PM   #5
monami7
DIS Veteran

We are going in a month. I can't wait. still not sure where we want to be building wise though.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:37 AM   #6
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

Thanks- grear report looking forward to our trip next year ...
Do you know if you can request certain rooms or blocks before you leave home?????and if so what would you recommend.
( travelling with 2 kids 10 ,5 )
Old 11-13-2006, 04:59 AM   #7
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Welcome back! Thanks for sharing your report!!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:32 AM   #8
Badllamamama
DIS Veteran

Welcome back and thanks for the great report!!
Badllamamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:19 PM   #9
dolphin01
Mouseketeer

Awesome review, thanks for sharing!!
dolphin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:49 PM   #10
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing!! We love CSR too!!
Lilolvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:40 PM   #11
Schucraig
Disney World is my World!

Thanks for the review!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:17 PM   #12
forever 35
Mouseketeer

We were there too last week in Cabana 8b! We faced the lagoon, but paid for a standard view room. We loved our location, short walk to Pepper Market and to the dig site. My kids loved the slide, it was gentle and fun! The room was clean. We never got a animal towel but saw several in windows. We were on the dining plan and used Pepper Market three times for CS meals and it was a great deal, after the first time we shared some breakfast meals... to much food. My kids loved ordering their own food and bringing to the table independently ages 9 and 12. Hope this helps someone.
CSR is spread out, but it seemed peaceful after a busy day in the parks. We loved that feature. We used the buses and had no problems!!
Old 11-14-2006, 04:57 AM   #13
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever 35
We were there too last week in Cabana 8b! We faced the lagoon, but paid for a standard view room. We loved our location, short walk to Pepper Market and to the dig site. My kids loved the slide, it was gentle and fun! The room was clean. We never got a animal towel but saw several in windows. We were on the dining plan and used Pepper Market three times for CS meals and it was a great deal, after the first time we shared some breakfast meals... to much food. My kids loved ordering their own food and bringing to the table independently ages 9 and 12. Hope this helps someone.
CSR is spread out, but it seemed peaceful after a busy day in the parks. We loved that feature. We used the buses and had no problems!!
Welcome back and thanks for sharing!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:33 AM   #14
Care
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your thorough trip report on CSR. It was very helpful in confirming my choice to stay there for my upcoming trip.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:14 AM   #15
MacAddict
Heck with the pain...I NEED MY DIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever 35
CSR is spread out, but it seemed peaceful after a busy day in the parks. We loved that feature.
Ya know,

You hit it right on the head! That was one thing I never mentioned in my review, we loved coming back from a day at the parks to a nice, peaceful, relaxed atmosphere. We liked walking along the lake to our room or riding the cart as it were, so nice indeed.

Mike

Long Lost Friends Easter Pilgrimage - April 3-24, 2014
Annual Pilgrimage - Oct 5 - 15, 2007 - POR
2nd Anniversary Trip - Oct 28 -Nov 5 2006 - - CSR
Quickie Trip - March 2005 - POR
Birthday Celebration in Style - December 2004 - AKL

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM FOCKERWATCH
MacAddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: