Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #1216
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Husker living in Hoosierland.
Posts: 9,524

Hmmm. I THOUGHT I remembered them wanting it to be less than one, but I don't remember for sure. Guess I'll wait for the dr. to call- I need a new RX either way.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #1217
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Husker living in Hoosierland.
Posts: 9,524

Guess I didn't say...mine was .098
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #1218
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,055

My endo honestly doesnt even tell me the number, but I think next time I will specifically ask what it is.

She always just says stuff like undetectable and that is good and less than 1 etc. She says I like to keep all my thy ca patients as close to 0 as possible.

You need a new rx as in a refill or are they changing your dose??

The only thing I got today was the ins. bill copy that the endo charged them $220, wowsa, she is my most expensive dr. The surgeons and rad. onc. dont even charge that.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #1219
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Husker living in Hoosierland.
Posts: 9,524

I need a refill. But I have enough for a couple weeks.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #1220
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran
 
Sugar Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,159

Hi there everyone my name is Krista. I have been wondering if I had thryoid issues for some time. Instead I have been diagnosed with Anxiety. However there is something in my gut that tells me it's much more than that. Since you guys actually live with this maybe you can give some insight into my symtoms:

chronic blepharitis - started 6 years ago when I was pregnant
heart palps and feelings of skipped beats - by far the worst symptom
tired, tired, tired.....but don't sleep well at night
weak arms and legs
chest discomfort & aches
shortness of breath
chronic diarrhea
nervous
night sweats
dizziness
I've lost 40lbs in the last 3 years without trying, bugt seem to have tapered off

I know I do have anxiety, I'm not denying that. It runs in my family, but I just don't think the anxiety is causing all of these symptoms. I would say that all the symptoms have gotten worse since I had my gallbladder out 3 years ago. Maybe it's related to that. My current Dr. brushes me off and attributes everything to my anxiety. I have an "interview" with a new Dr. in April. I'm hoping she will take me on as patient and will take my concerns seriously

I checked my last blood test from April/10 and my TSH number says .88 so I guess it's normal.

I just wish I felt normal
Sugar Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #1221
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Husker living in Hoosierland.
Posts: 9,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Jones View Post
Hi there everyone my name is Krista. I have been wondering if I had thryoid issues for some time. Instead I have been diagnosed with Anxiety. However there is something in my gut that tells me it's much more than that. Since you guys actually live with this maybe you can give some insight into my symtoms:

chronic blepharitis - started 6 years ago when I was pregnant
heart palps and feelings of skipped beats - by far the worst symptom
tired, tired, tired.....but don't sleep well at night
weak arms and legs
chest discomfort & aches
shortness of breath
chronic diarrhea
nervous
night sweats
dizziness
I've lost 40lbs in the last 3 years without trying, bugt seem to have tapered off

I know I do have anxiety, I'm not denying that. It runs in my family, but I just don't think the anxiety is causing all of these symptoms. I would say that all the symptoms have gotten worse since I had my gallbladder out 3 years ago. Maybe it's related to that. My current Dr. brushes me off and attributes everything to my anxiety. I have an "interview" with a new Dr. in April. I'm hoping she will take me on as patient and will take my concerns seriously

I checked my last blood test from April/10 and my TSH number says .88 so I guess it's normal.

I just wish I felt normal
Are you taking anything for the anxiety?
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #1222
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran
 
Sugar Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,159

I see a homeopathic Dr. and take a remedy everyday for it. It helps with the daily anxiety issues I have and stress, but it doesn't help with the majority of the symptoms. I take Ativan if it is really bad.

I also find that most of my symptoms are related to my hormone cycle. It's worse around ovulation time and the week before my cycle is due.

I know I should probably try a daily anxiety medicine like Effexor or Celexa and I will discuss it with the new Dr.
Sugar Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #1223
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 23,896

Well, your TSH is pretty good so I'm not thinking it's thyroid. Plus, based on your symptoms they fall either in the hypo or hyper range, which really points to something else.

However, the TSH is the *THE* defining test. Your doctor should also run a Free T3 and Free T4 to make sure those are normal also. They can also run some thyroid antibody test to rule out Hashimoto's thyroiditis which, in some cases, can cause swings in thyroid function. If those are all normal, the thyroid is not your problem.

You need to have your iron levels tested. By that, I do not mean just a CBC to tell if you are anemic or not. You need to a have your ferritin tested. Ferritin is the measurement of your iron stores that your body pulls from. It should be about 70. Mine was at 3. Yes 3! And I only, for a short time, became mildly anemic. During that time I had horrible anxiety and many of your other symptoms.

I also have blepharitis and dry eye but have determined it is not related to anything--just something I have.

Please insist that your new doctor add in a ferritin test when she does your Complete Blood Count bloodwork.

If everything comes back normal there, I would head to a GYN and see if you can have some hormonal tests done.

I'm not saying you don't have anxiety, but I let too many doctors push me into that diagnosis and, you know what? They were wrong.
__________________
Christine

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #1224
mom23boys
DIS Veteran
 
mom23boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philly Suburbs
Posts: 1,327

Hi All,
If I can join your thread I would really appreciate it. I just came back from an endocrinoligist (sp) appointment. In the fall I felt my throat was enlarged and I was having trouble swallowing. So I went to the Dr and did a blood test, my tests were good even my thyroid (don't have the results handy I gave them to the dr this morning). So I went for an ultrasound this past Friday and I have 6 nodules on my thyroid. One is huge 5 cm on the left, the right side has 4 smaller nodules (2 cm and 4 at 1cm) and the isthmus has a 1cm nodule. So to say that I am a little freaked out is an understatement.

I am getting a FNA biopsy in 2 weeks and then to see a surgeon. I will keep you guys updated it that is okay.

Thanks for reading.
__________________
Our Trips:
1991 - Honeymoon Offsite ;1998 - Tree House Villas; 2000 - All Stars Movies and Music; 2002 - Off Site ; 2003 - BCV;
2005 - BCV; Jan 2006 - FW Cabins; Sept 2006 - CR - 15th Anniversary Trip with DH ; August 2007 - Poly; July 2009 - Beach Club - family of the day upon check-in and upgraded to club level. YEAH February 2010 - Kadani Villas - Animal Kingdom; 2013 Caribbean Beach - DS play baseball at WWS and won the tournament


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me : DH DS DS DS
mom23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #1225
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran
 
Sugar Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,159

Thanks Christine.

The more I've been reading about Thyroid the more I am thinking it's not my answer either.

My Ferritin level was 7 on that same blood test. I've been taking 1 iron pill a day (when I remember) since July. I'm supposed to take 2 a day during my cycle. You know I haven't been very diligent about taking them lately. Maybe that's the cause for my "relapse" I say relapse because I have been doing sooo well since September.
Sugar Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #1226
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,055

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23boys View Post
Hi All,
If I can join your thread I would really appreciate it. I just came back from an endocrinoligist (sp) appointment. In the fall I felt my throat was enlarged and I was having trouble swallowing. So I went to the Dr and did a blood test, my tests were good even my thyroid (don't have the results handy I gave them to the dr this morning). So I went for an ultrasound this past Friday and I have 6 nodules on my thyroid. One is huge 5 cm on the left, the right side has 4 smaller nodules (2 cm and 4 at 1cm) and the isthmus has a 1cm nodule. So to say that I am a little freaked out is an understatement.

I am getting a FNA biopsy in 2 weeks and then to see a surgeon. I will keep you guys updated it that is okay.

Thanks for reading.
welcome, mom23boys - from another mom of 3 boys too! I am sure waiting is the hardest. Since you live in philly, just wondering if you are going to Thomas Jefferson? Are you still having trouble swallowing? The FNA is really not bad at all. I make sure they did novacaine before the actual biopsy. If they are doing multiple spots it might seem a little weird etc. Keep us informed. Wishing you all the best.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #1227
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 23,896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Jones View Post
Thanks Christine.

The more I've been reading about Thyroid the more I am thinking it's not my answer either.

My Ferritin level was 7 on that same blood test. I've been taking 1 iron pill a day (when I remember) since July. I'm supposed to take 2 a day during my cycle. You know I haven't been very diligent about taking them lately. Maybe that's the cause for my "relapse" I say relapse because I have been doing sooo well since September.
Well I think you might have your answer for most of your symptoms. A 7 is very low. You basically have no stores so your body only has what is circulating in the bloodstream.

Do try to take the iron. I start to feel better when my ferritin hits about 25. I'm not sure I've ever gotten up to the desired 70 but anywhere UP is better.
__________________
Christine

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #1228
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,055

So did anyone see the National Rare Disease Day thread on the cb?

Oh yes, those of us that have thy ca on this thread, you are officially Rare!!

Thats always a joke that I have told my dh, especially when they said I had the rare variant, I always say "I wanted medium, and I got rare!", also our own personal joke since I like steak etc. medium.

There is you ca. humor for the day.

Oh and I have to call back my endo. I think they have finally got my reclast, so I have to get the infusion set up.

Christine, have you had a routine dexa scan as part of your care? Just wondering since maybe my endo did it because of my age and she said my synthroid is a high constant dose etc.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #1229
mom23boys
DIS Veteran
 
mom23boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philly Suburbs
Posts: 1,327

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
welcome, mom23boys - from another mom of 3 boys too! I am sure waiting is the hardest. Since you live in philly, just wondering if you are going to Thomas Jefferson? Are you still having trouble swallowing? The FNA is really not bad at all. I make sure they did novacaine before the actual biopsy. If they are doing multiple spots it might seem a little weird etc. Keep us informed. Wishing you all the best.
Hi,
I am going to a suburban hospital. Yes I am still have trouble swallowing, it is not all the time, mostly with dry foods like bread and carbs. I just can't wait for the whole thing to be over the waiting is exhuasting.
__________________
Our Trips:
1991 - Honeymoon Offsite ;1998 - Tree House Villas; 2000 - All Stars Movies and Music; 2002 - Off Site ; 2003 - BCV;
2005 - BCV; Jan 2006 - FW Cabins; Sept 2006 - CR - 15th Anniversary Trip with DH ; August 2007 - Poly; July 2009 - Beach Club - family of the day upon check-in and upgraded to club level. YEAH February 2010 - Kadani Villas - Animal Kingdom; 2013 Caribbean Beach - DS play baseball at WWS and won the tournament


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me : DH DS DS DS
mom23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #1230
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 23,896

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post

Christine, have you had a routine dexa scan as part of your care? Just wondering since maybe my endo did it because of my age and she said my synthroid is a high constant dose etc.
Nope! My GYN told me to do it at age 50 and my endo didn't feel it needed to be done. I'm not overly suppressed so I don't think that is increasing my risk.
__________________
Christine

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: