Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #736
donalduck
DIS Veteran

Hi I didn't know where else to post this. If someone could please help me find out what this is and how I can treat it. Thank you

I have had hot ears my whole life I am 32 now. It has happened to me all of my life. It is getting very bad now. Every day it turns hot red like on fire. Sometimes it's just one ear sometimes both ears. The only thing that I have found that works is putting my whole head under the sink and soaking both of my ears and neck and head with cold water. Sometimes after I put the cold water all over my head I go sit outside with no coat on. It works pretty good in the winter time. This is the only solution I have found to cool them off fast. And sometimes even after I do all that they will start to turn hot red again. I have no idea what causes it. I don't have high blood pressure. Please let me know if there is any other way to stop it.
donalduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:27 PM   #737
kathleena
Because everyone needs a Fairy Godmother
All fairies are friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalduck View Post
Hi I didn't know where else to post this. If someone could please help me find out what this is and how I can treat it. Thank you

I have had hot ears my whole life I am 32 now. It has happened to me all of my life. It is getting very bad now. Every day it turns hot red like on fire. Sometimes it's just one ear sometimes both ears. The only thing that I have found that works is putting my whole head under the sink and soaking both of my ears and neck and head with cold water. Sometimes after I put the cold water all over my head I go sit outside with no coat on. It works pretty good in the winter time. This is the only solution I have found to cool them off fast. And sometimes even after I do all that they will start to turn hot red again. I have no idea what causes it. I don't have high blood pressure. Please let me know if there is any other way to stop it.
Doubtful this has anything to do with thyroid, which is the topic of this thread. You can try reading this page

http://www.peterbe.com/One-hot-ear

I had to turn 58, so I did it on the Disney Dream Inaugural Cruise!

kathleena is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2010, 05:20 AM   #738
donalduck
DIS Veteran

Ya I read that page and I have posted on there. I have also posted on there.
Thanks anyway.
donalduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #739
casndan
Mouseketeer

Does anyone remember how long it took the lump in the throat feeling to go away after surgery? I feel pretty good but it's driving me crazy!
Old 05-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #740
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

I'm sorry Cassie, I didn't have that feeling. I pray it goes away soon!
Is there someone who can help you when you go hypo?
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:56 PM   #741
casndan
Mouseketeer

Yes thankfully! I actually moved in with my parents right before the deployment started and our house is rented out, I had no idea what a good thing that would be when I did it.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:20 PM   #742
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

I really didnt have that feeling either. I actualy felt like like half my neck was gone, but then again it was. (sorry, sometimes I have some strange cancer humor)

I did have a hard time swallowing salad and bread though. But then again my tumor (12.5 cm) was huge and compressed my trachea so I had to get use to swallowing again, so sometimes it felt like things got stuck, but not a constant lump feeling.

I am so sorry you are going through this.Its great you have your parents for support.

So you already know you have to go hypo? Hmm, I guess I am blessed I didnt have to do that and just had 2 thyrogen shots instead etc.

Its a journey but you will get through it, and we are always here for you too!!

Wishing you all the best. Blessings always. (And tell your dh thanks for fighting for our freedoms)
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:50 PM   #743
casndan
Mouseketeer

Ohmygosh, that is a huge tumor! My largest nodule was only about 2cm.

You know I'm not 100% sure that I'm going to have to go off my meds yet, but I'm pretty sure that my nurse told me that I'd be going on the LI Diet and off my meds, but my doctor doesn't really want to make an official treatment plan until my 6 week ultrasound.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:26 AM   #744
es45
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by casndan View Post
Does anyone remember how long it took the lump in the throat feeling to go away after surgery? I feel pretty good but it's driving me crazy!
It took about a month for me to get rid of that feeling. It must have taken a good year to get used to wearing a necklace or turtleneck again because of my scar.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:31 AM   #745
casndan
Mouseketeer

I was wrong, I DON'T have to come off my meds, they give the thyrogen shots! I'm pretty sure that's good news
Old 06-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #746
mrsklamc

Quote:
I was wrong, I DON'T have to come off my meds, they give the thyrogen shots! I'm pretty sure that's good news
That's wonderful news. I didn't realize- I had to be w/o any thyroid meds for 7 weeks following my surgery and I guess I thought everyone had to do that.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #747
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Quote:
Cassie that is great news. The lst time I got the shots , shot 1 I had a terrible headache and shot 2 the next day I felt nauseous the whole time, not throwing up etc, just queasy.
This year I asked the rad. onc. for some zofran just to be prepared. Shot 1 I had a strange foggy in the head feeling and shot 2 just a little queasy, (didnt use the pills). At least next year its only 2 thyrogen shots and a blood test, no diet for me, yippee!!

Did they tell you what rad. dose you are getting. I had 200mci.

Its good you are doing the lid in the summer, as you will have alot of fruit and fresh veg. choices. Of course, we all can help you with meal ideas etc!!

When are you starting the diet?

Wishing you all the best.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #748
mrsklamc

luvmarypoppins, I am taking your advice...we are going to go pick some strawberries and freeze for the LID. I bought an ice cream maker that had a recipe for home made strawberry sorbet so when the time comes DH is going to make that for me from the frozen berries!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #749
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
luvmarypoppins, I am taking your advice...we are going to go pick some strawberries and freeze for the LID. I bought an ice cream maker that had a recipe for home made strawberry sorbet so when the time comes DH is going to make that for me from the frozen berries!
Sounds yummy!! I actually tried to eat some semi frozen strawberries and it wasnt the best considering I need alot of dental work. It was too cold. Then I tried to heat up some blackberries in the microwave and put some oatmeal on them (just the oats). I guess I wanted it to be something like a cobbler. Big mistake. I found it a little too choking for me.

I could have went for some home made applesauce. but it was too labor intensive for me.

I was getting sick of all the pots, pans, etc. My plan worked well. The lst week I cooked for them but the 2nd week my dh was away and I told them just to go and buy stuff. I really didnt want to cook and look at the stuff. By the 2nd week it was too emotionally draining for me like denial and wanting it etc.

Micayla, I hope you dont hae to go off your meds again and can just get the 2 thyrogen shots. Its just so much better.

But I think you should WIN the prize here for having to do the diet the longest last year. That was amazing will power and strength!!
Old 06-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #750
NC State
DIS Veteran

Can I join in? I found out Monday that I have Graves' Disease. I thought all these months I was going through "the change of life". Cry at nothing, hot flashes, can't sleep at night, weight gain, etc. The doctor put me on Celexa the first of April and told me to take Tyenol PM to help to sleep all night. Two weeks ago she added Wellbutrin. I'm still taking those but now I'm having to take Methimazole. I will take this for six weeks and back to the lab.

I'm just glad I know what is wrong with me. I really thought I was going crazy. I have a wonderful husband that still calls me "Princess" even though I was the "Evil Queen".

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: