Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #631
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

I dont even think I could have cocoa powder, I know they said no chocolate type stuff, nothing etc. because we dont know how its processed.

Well Dh and I are going to disney May 18, and I see her the 29th of April , so I figure I better get on the diet and get out of here etc. I know I will just be so sick from those shots again.

I know what I am doing as far as diet. I dont have a food processor etc. My plan is to just basically have an orange or banana and tea for breakfast. Maybe some matzoh and jelly. I hate oatmeal but could break down a day or two and try it I guess.

Lunch is most likely salad and chicken. I cooked a big bunch of basmati rice and no yolk noodles, that is allowed but not much they said. I just made a pot roast and dvided it up for 4 meals, it was lb of beef etc. The chicken I made stuff like with grilled pineapple and then with orange marmalade on it. as chinese is big around here. I think this time I am going try to do something with tomatoes. It wont be spaghetti sauce but something we will see etc. and I have done the matzoh and peanut butter sandhich. My ds laughed because it was dripping all over the place. I also used birdseye steamfresh veg, which were allowed, not the sauced ones. and edys sorbet, rasberry was o.k. I read the label for food dye etc. I also bought the little packs of raisins and craisins just to think I actually had a snack and I was having something special. Gotta love cancer!! I think I did a pork chop with maple syrup, pecans and sweet potatoe. That was probably easter and I cooked them a ham etc.

I usually dont cook for the family during those 2 weeks much unless its something that resembles mine. Its too torturous psychologically for me to smell it and see it etc. and know I cant have it. I stay in the living room if they are eating in the kitchen etc.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #632
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

The endo I no longer see literally told me nothing besides 'go to the thyca website and use the cookbook there;' It includes cocoa powder so I went ahead and used it.It did NOT include the steamfresh veggies but maybe I will use those next time.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2010, 05:36 PM   #633
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
The endo I no longer see literally told me nothing besides 'go to the thyca website and use the cookbook there;' It includes cocoa powder so I went ahead and used it.It did NOT include the steamfresh veggies but maybe I will use those next time.
I'm not sure why cocoa would be a problem. I know that chocolate, for the most part is, because much of it is made with dairy, milkfat solids, and various other add-ins. I know that some dark chocolate used to be okay if it was really pure. Cocoa is fine as far as I was ever told.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #634
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Anyone have any info or insight about this. Another poster said that they are saying there is a link between thyroid cancer and uterine cancer, just wondering? I dont enjoy going to any doctors and that is one I have been putting off for a really long time. My endo told me to go for a check up etc.

I also heard another poster say there is a link between thyroid and breast cancer. I didnt have breast cancer, but I have had a huge non cancerous tumor removed from my breast when I was in my 20s.

Anyone??
Old 04-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #635
mrsklamc

My doctor said a slightly increased risk of other types of cancer is associated with the radiation treatment, but that there's no way to know if following cancers are caused by the radiation treatment, or if there was earlier radiation exposure that caused the thyroid cancer AND following cancers.

Basically, just take the best care of yourself that you can and deal with things as they come up!
Old 04-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #636
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
My doctor said a slightly increased risk of other types of cancer is associated with the radiation treatment, but that there's no way to know if following cancers are caused by the radiation treatment, or if there was earlier radiation exposure that caused the thyroid cancer AND following cancers.

Basically, just take the best care of yourself that you can and deal with things as they come up!
Yep, basically that is what I heard. My doctor told me that there was no link between having thyroid cancer and an increased risk of any other type; however, the RAI might increase your risk for other cancers.

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 04-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #637
mrsklamc

Good evening ladies. I have something I just HAD to share...

I was flipping through some recipe books by Todd Wilbur ( http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/ ) and it has recipes for things like french's mustard, KC masterpiece BBQ, etc. Now French's mustard I often get for a few cents after sales and coupons so my first thought was "Why would someone bother" and I immediately thought "UNLESS THEY WERE ON THE LID!"

Now the KC masterpiece has molasses in it and I wasn't personally confident enough about the molasses distinctions they made to use any, but if you were it might add some nice variety to your LID.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:16 AM   #638
cinmell
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there LOVES U2 & COACH bags

Has anyone here had eyelid surgery due to the eyelid not closing all the way from Grave's? I'm at the point where they will do the surgery but I'm pretty hesitant. My eye bulges out thanks to the graves and it just looks so much bigger than the other eye and there is irritation on the eye.

The ocular plastic surgeon said she would not do the pinching of the eyelid together b/c the lid is too wide open so it wouldn't look right. She explained they would make an incision on the lid (you wouldn't notice the scar b/c it would be on the eyelid creases) and that helps drop the lid and/or eye muscle down.

I'm really curious to hear if anyone has had this procedure done and if you were happy with it. I've never had any eye procedures and I'm really nervous!

~~My husband never thought anyone would read my post nevermind respond to it!~~
cinmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:15 AM   #639
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Christine, wanted to say I hope your ankle is feeling better. I didnt read the whole thread, just quickly glanced at it. Hope you get the treatment that you need to help you.

Well a week from tomm. I am seeing the rad. onc. I must say that I think she is probably going to do the diet and the scan, so I am hoping for the best (just the thyrogen shots and blood test), but preparing for the worst, (diet,shots and scan). I am so pigging out right now on chocolate, pasta etc. I think its an emotional thing etc. I need to overload now so I can put up with the withdrawl later.

Also I am telling her I am leaving for Disney on May 18, so we have a limited time frame here etc. I need to start the diet on April 30 and then get the scan on the 15th, so I can be radioactive for the 2 days before I get on the airplane. If that doesnt work into her plans, then I will tell her just wait till I get back etc.

I dot even know if she will read the e mail that the endo was sending to her. I do know she read the one from the surgeon when he was telling her to go and give me the radiation even with my draining stomach wound etc.

So is there anything I should ask her when I go, like why is she chosing one over the other? It seems this hospital just has a "protocol" for everything. I learned that in the ICU. Its like nothing is suppose to go out of their protocol box, like me refusing heparin etc. Refusing the pic line etc.

Since my cancer is so rare and agressive I just want the best treatment, but since its so rare I feel like I am more of a guinea pig etc.

So if anyone has any insight I am listening, TIA.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:16 AM   #640
Christine

Quote:
Christine, wanted to say I hope your ankle is feeling better. I didnt read the whole thread, just quickly glanced at it. Hope you get the treatment that you need to help you.
Thanks for asking. It's just okay. I had an MRI. I have tenosynovitis of the posterior tibial tendonitis. Most people end up getting surgery. I'm back in my walking cast trying to bring the inflammation down. Grrrrr....

Quote:
So is there anything I should ask her when I go, like why is she chosing one over the other? It seems this hospital just has a "protocol" for everything. I learned that in the ICU. Its like nothing is suppose to go out of their protocol box, like me refusing heparin etc. Refusing the pic line etc.
Do you mean asking her why she might be choosing Thyrogen and bloodwork over Thyrogen and a scan with bloodwork?

I always ask why they are making the choice they do and what their rationale is and why they wouldn't choose the other option. I'm sure my doctors LOVE me.

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 04-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #641
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

In anticipation of my rad. onc. visit on thurs., just wanted to know if you had the scan for a 1 year rai follow up, what was the radiation dose? and what were the radiation precautions?

Are they the same as regular rai? Like no handling food, rubber gloves, sleeping by yourself, using the bathroom by yourself, wash your own dishes etc? Just thinking about the gloves because we dont have any.

TIA.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:45 AM   #642
Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
In anticipation of my rad. onc. visit on thurs., just wanted to know if you had the scan for a 1 year rai follow up, what was the radiation dose? and what were the radiation precautions?

Are they the same as regular rai? Like no handling food, rubber gloves, sleeping by yourself, using the bathroom by yourself, wash your own dishes etc? Just thinking about the gloves because we dont have any.

TIA.
For my 1 year follow up (and several more), I had 5mci. I was given no precautions.

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 04-27-2010, 06:26 AM   #643
WDWDancer
Recruiting Mouse

Can anybody help me with this..............sorry so long

Hi all I am 24 and recently started seeing an Endo because a CT of my neck showed enlarged lymph nodes and a possible goiter on my thryoid. I had a ultrasound of the thryoid which showed a 1.4cm nodule along with other smaller nodule's on the thryoid. My family doctor had run lab work and my TSH came back at 3.13 she sent me to the Endo for further evaluation. I've been extremely fatigued, muscle weakness, trouble swolling, always feel like a sore throat, cold intorlerent, hair falling out...you get the picture :dizzy: This wasn't the first time my thryoid was checked its been done numerous times in the past and always came back total TSH between 1.1-2 which ever doctor said was normal. So the Endo saw me talked about possibly Hashimotos...she ordered a FNA Biopsy ultrasound guidance of the 1.4 cm nodule which came *back abundant colloid, hemosiderin-laden histiocystes and scattered follicular cell nuclei with hemmorrhage* the Endo said that its mostly good news and we will follow up in 6-12 mts. The most recent labs she ran came back Total T3 = 1.58TSH = 5.53T-Uptake= 29%T4= 10.6FTI = 3.07 I'm on no medication and every week am feeling worse...is this normal treatment option watch and wait???? I'm also 5'8 and 132 pds I use to work out heavy and eat a very clean diet but for the last month it takes all my energy to even do a easy workout THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP
Old 04-27-2010, 06:49 AM   #644
Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWDancer View Post
Can anybody help me with this..............sorry so long

Hi all I am 24 and recently started seeing an Endo because a CT of my neck showed enlarged lymph nodes and a possible goiter on my thryoid. I had a ultrasound of the thryoid which showed a 1.4cm nodule along with other smaller nodule's on the thryoid. My family doctor had run lab work and my TSH came back at 3.13 she sent me to the Endo for further evaluation. I've been extremely fatigued, muscle weakness, trouble swolling, always feel like a sore throat, cold intorlerent, hair falling out...you get the picture :dizzy: This wasn't the first time my thryoid was checked its been done numerous times in the past and always came back total TSH between 1.1-2 which ever doctor said was normal. So the Endo saw me talked about possibly Hashimotos...she ordered a FNA Biopsy ultrasound guidance of the 1.4 cm nodule which came *back abundant colloid, hemosiderin-laden histiocystes and scattered follicular cell nuclei with hemmorrhage* the Endo said that its mostly good news and we will follow up in 6-12 mts. The most recent labs she ran came back Total T3 = 1.58TSH = 5.53T-Uptake= 29%T4= 10.6FTI = 3.07 I'm on no medication and every week am feeling worse...is this normal treatment option watch and wait???? I'm also 5'8 and 132 pds I use to work out heavy and eat a very clean diet but for the last month it takes all my energy to even do a easy workout THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP

I saw your post on the community board and answered you there!

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 PM   #645
es45
DIS Veteran

WDWDancer: are your iron and Vitamin D levels okay?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: