Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #2116
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
Christine- I was thinking she had RAI already since she was off school for a week but maybe that was just the tracer?
I was just going by this statement:

Quote:
She actually never had radiation, just a complete thyroidectomy.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #2117
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
I was just going by this statement:
Yeah...but a couple sentences before that she said she was off school for the RAI. So maybe they just did a tracer dose and that's what she meant by RAI. Guess we'll just have to wait for Granfan to come clarify for us!
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #2118
Granfan
DIS Veteran

Sorry everyone, I have been off the computer to take care of grandaughter who had sinus surgery. Yes, daughter has had RAI the week she was off from school. Is that also called radiation? Is it possible that just this one RAI treatment could kill the leftover thyroid tissue? And I said oncologist , but it was actually the endo in charge of all this. Thanks for the help!
Granfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #2119
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granfan View Post
Sorry everyone, I have been off the computer to take care of grandaughter who had sinus surgery. Yes, daughter has had RAI the week she was off from school. Is that also called radiation? Is it possible that just this one RAI treatment could kill the leftover thyroid tissue? And I said oncologist , but it was actually the endo in charge of all this. Thanks for the help!
Yes, one treatment of high-dose RAI can kill leftover tissue. I'm sorry I was just so confused by your post. So she had an RAI treatment. When was that?

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 10-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #2120
Granfan
DIS Veteran

She had the RAI about 3 weeks ago. A year and nine months after her surgeries to remove both sides of her thyroid. The endo had seen something on a test.

Last edited by Granfan; 10-08-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Granfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #2121
Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granfan View Post
She had the RAI about 3 weeks ago. A year and nine months after her surgeries to remove both sides of her thyroid. The endo had seen something on a test.
Got it!! So then it's perfectly normal to light up on the scan at this point.

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #2122
dischick4778
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Anyone have dental issues? Anyone have more dental issues post rai??
I feel like I have dental issues but the dentist thinks it's all in my head. He cannot find anything wrong which is good. However, I feel like my teeth are loose or weak. I cannot explain it but when I bite into something hard like an apple, carrot or hard bread it pains me, like a nerve pain of sorts. Who knows.

No luck on the baby front. I love my son dearly but the thought of this thyroid thing taking something else away from me, like having more kids, is just annoying. Oh well. We signed our contracts and gave in our down payment, so the house thing is coming along. Hoping to hear on a closing date soon. Excited and nervous all at the same time.

Hope everyone is well!
1986, offsite 1988, offsite 1996, Dixie Landings 1998, Coronado Springs 2001, Caribbean Beach Resort May 2002, Port Orleans French Nov. 2002, Old Key West Aug. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2004, Animal Kingdom Lodge Aug. 2005, Grand Californian Aug. 2005, Old Key West Nov. 2005, Boardwalk Villas Aug. 2006, Saratoga Springs Nov. 2006, Boardwalk Villas July 2007, Old Key West Nov. 2007, Beach Club Villas Nov. 2008, Boardwalk Villas Apr. 2009, All Star Music Aug. 2009, Old Key West June 2011, AKV Kidani Village July 2011, AKV Kidani Village

~Our Disney Family~
dischick4778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #2123
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Hi everyone

Jenn - So happy to hear your good news about the house. I am sure you will love your own place. Sorry you are dealing with the TTC issues.

Nothing too much happening. I am just generally tired as usual. I think I might be getting a stye or something in my R eye, not the L eye that needs the surgery. I really dont want to go back to that dr. right now because she will push me for the surgery for sure and I am not emotionally ready to deal with that right now.

I scheduled my reclast infusion for Nov. 12th. I think before that I need a mammo too. I need to get a flu shot. And throw in 2 caps I am suppose to get too. I think I will tell him to just do 1 and then its off to Disney Nov. 26. I waited too long to get the tickets. So expensive. Glad we have our southwest vouchers for being stuck 4 hours in Orlando in May, that will help $100 each

Update when you all can.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #2124
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

ok - stupid synthroid question of the day, shouting out to all my thyroid gals...

What if you accidently take 2 150 pills in one day? Hmm, does that mean I will be a hyper 300 person today? But then again with the impending hurricaine I am hyper anyway etc.

Jenn, Christine and anyone else in the path of Sandy, stay safe.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #2125
mrsklamc

It's fine, just skip taking it tomorrow. My endo has one patient with a terrible time remembering who takes 7 pills every Sunday. I'd be scared I'd forget on Sunday.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #2126
dischick4778
DIS Veteran

Anyone near the hurricane please be safe. We are home with food and water all set. Just hoping not to lose power. Wishing I was somewhere warm and sunny, but I will enjoy being stuck home with my guys.
1986, offsite 1988, offsite 1996, Dixie Landings 1998, Coronado Springs 2001, Caribbean Beach Resort May 2002, Port Orleans French Nov. 2002, Old Key West Aug. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2004, Animal Kingdom Lodge Aug. 2005, Grand Californian Aug. 2005, Old Key West Nov. 2005, Boardwalk Villas Aug. 2006, Saratoga Springs Nov. 2006, Boardwalk Villas July 2007, Old Key West Nov. 2007, Beach Club Villas Nov. 2008, Boardwalk Villas Apr. 2009, All Star Music Aug. 2009, Old Key West June 2011, AKV Kidani Village July 2011, AKV Kidani Village

~Our Disney Family~
Old 10-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #2127
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Jenn - I m home with most of the guys, poor ds24 had to go to work. 2 colleges for the other 2 ds and dh work closed

Well grab a drink and sit and relax and read my story of..my lovely pre trip to the emergency room before the hurricaine last night.

Oh yeah, yest. I was having so much pain in my L back ribs, hard to breathe and move and then dh and ds20 (my nursing son to be) see my L back is swelling and puffy etc. This is not good. I have been in pain since Thurs. I just about cant take the pain anymore and I can take a lot of it.

So we go to the er. Both the resident and the regular dr. say I have such an "interesting" story. (They are talking about the cancer, near death, stomach surgeries etc). I said, yes I do. I told the dr. to think outside the box with me.

He concludes its either muscle or blood clot. Great. He wants to do a chest ct. I said,hmm, not good with iodine. He says the benefits outweigh the risk and since I dont exercise much I am prime blood clot candidate, oh what fun.

So 9 tubes of blood later, 9 hours later, 3 chest x rays, a ct chest scan with iodine contrast, 2 bags of iv fluids, they conclude...its a muscle injury.

I am happy. He said take some pain meds, which I am not having dh get right now in the hurricaine, and put heat on it. Its still a pain and hurts a lot. The swelling is getting better though.

So now I have in the back of my mind about the iodine etc. I am suppose to get the reclast soon and i just had that blood test on sat. Hmm, I will run this all by the endo when I see her in 2 weeks.

I gotta say those health care people work their butts off at the univ. hosp. here. Wasnt too happy going because of all the past stuff but it turned out ok. PTL!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #2128
mrsklamc

I am so glad you are ok. What is the problem with getting an iodine scan? As far as I know it is ok as long as you aren't going to do the LID/scan within a certain amount of time...But I don't have all your complications, though.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #2129
dischick4778
DIS Veteran

We made it through the storm! Never lost power and thankfully work has and continues to be closed so we have not left the house. It was scary at certain times with the winds causing trees to break but luckily I cannot complain of any major damage. I cannot say the same for some of our friends who homes were too close to the shore and now their furniture is literally floating in their house. It is very sad for many people in our area. Feeling very fortunate.

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well luvmarypoppins and hoping you are better soon. It's a helpless feeling being ill and stuck in a storm. Hoping all goes well for you!

~Our Disney Family~
Old 11-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #2130
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Jenn - snow, snow, we have had enough plus our power went off twice today. How are you doing?

We all could use all the prayers you have for the NY and NJ metro area.

Hmm, should I be concerned?

Micayla - I believe you could give some insight here, especially since you had the spect scan.

Just got a letter from the er yest, saying my "abnorma" test results need to be discussed with my dr.

Of particular note and what is scaring me the most, so much so I had a little crying fest last night and refused to tell my ds what is going on. Thank God dh is away.

They say there is a 2.5 cm nodule in my lung. It has increased from 0.5. They used an old pet scan to compare it with.

I am so glad I am going to the endo on monday for the infusion anyway. I am bringing all the papers and she can pull my electronic records etc.

That is why I go to the univ. hosp. Love the electronic records. Everything is in one place etc.

Oh and I am also eating a lot, a lot of chocolate.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: