Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #1891
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Anyone see the thyca home page with the little blurb about the ladies running at the WDW Marathon for thyca research.

I thought that was really neat.

hmm, if they are disers then they need to find this thread and join us!
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #1892
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Hope everyone is doing well.

I am still tired and cold. I was so cold yest. I had some soup for lunch.

Next week is the blood test. Great. I will also tell the endo my symptoms when she calls with the results.

Also I read one poster on the thyca website say that the eye surgery I am suppose to have didnt work for her. I really dont want to go through all that for nothing etc. And then she commented that there is a little tube sticking out of your eye area? Hmm, the surgeon never discussed this with me. I definetly lurk alot over there.

Well due to my family problems and my dh always traveling I havent called the eye surgeon for a follow up yet. The surgery is suppose to be in april with a 6 week recovery time and 3 days minimum on pain killers etc.

I am so on the fence about this right now.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #1893
WDWDancer
Recruiting Mouse

Hi everyone seems like it has been quiet here for awhile - hopefully that means everybody is feeling well

Luvmarypoppins - I did see that on the ThyCa home page regarding the run at WDW..it was pretty awesome! I tend to lurk over there a lot too to read all the different experiences. So sorry to hear about the eye surgery - I definitly would call and question the surgeon when you feel up to it.

My TSH is still crazy high...64 when I had my labs done 2 weeks ago. My T3 is low and T4 is on the borderline of normal/low. The endo did up my Synthroid to 137 mcg. I tend to have a couple good days followed by really bad days. It is so frustrating and has been making work almost impossible.

My biggest complaint is the muscle cramps and muscle fatigue - it feels like it takes all my energy some days just to move....I assume that it is normal when hypo. I saw my family doctor about a week ago (check up) and he mentioned to me that I have been hypo so long (since September of last year) that my body is hitting the wall.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #1894
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Hey, does anyone here watch New Girl? It's my secret guilty pleasure!!!

Anyway, on this past Tuesday's show, Nick gets a football injury and ends up at the GYN for an exam (don't ask). The doctor feels a lump on his neck and immediately suspects a thyroid tumor (even thought where she felt was NOT the thyroid). The rest of the show is about him and his friends thinking he's got cancer and is going to die and they are googling thyroid tumors. It was kind of funny. Not overly accurate but definitely a thyroid cancer awareness raiser!

WDWDancer--You poor thing, that is a high TSH to be having for so long. I hope this new dose works quickly. I bet you might need to go to .150 eventually.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #1895
Southernmiss
I am hazed everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWDancer View Post
Hi everyone seems like it has been quiet here for awhile - hopefully that means everybody is feeling well

Luvmarypoppins - I did see that on the ThyCa home page regarding the run at WDW..it was pretty awesome! I tend to lurk over there a lot too to read all the different experiences. So sorry to hear about the eye surgery - I definitly would call and question the surgeon when you feel up to it.

My TSH is still crazy high...64 when I had my labs done 2 weeks ago. My T3 is low and T4 is on the borderline of normal/low. The endo did up my Synthroid to 137 mcg. I tend to have a couple good days followed by really bad days. It is so frustrating and has been making work almost impossible.

My biggest complaint is the muscle cramps and muscle fatigue - it feels like it takes all my energy some days just to move....I assume that it is normal when hypo. I saw my family doctor about a week ago (check up) and he mentioned to me that I have been hypo so long (since September of last year) that my body is hitting the wall.

I just migrated here from the Community/Budget boards. And couldn't help reading your post and wanted to let you know that I have been hypo since the age of 10. That's over 30 years ago.

For the most part, I trucked right along with my dose of Synthroid until after one of my pregnancies 13 years ago. Something went crazy with my dormant thyroid and my GP couldn't figure it out so he referred me to an endocrinologist. It is sooo good to talk to a dr. who actually gets the thyroid.
She got me back on track and I have just needed an annual checkup since then.

I was at my endo checkup last year and complained of the bolded. My #s were in range with Synthroid but I just couldn't shake the body aches. She lowered my Synthroid dose and added some Cytomel daily for the t4.

It has been a Godsend! No body aches, lost a few pounds and much more endurance for daily activities plus a few extra activities.

Maybe you should ask about it?
Southernmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #1896
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Southernmiss - welcome to the board

Christine - sorry you are not feeling well, saw your other thread on the cb

Well guess who called me twice already, none other than the eye surgeons staff. I havent called back yet. Dh and I talked and with all going on, we are thinking maybe August. In May is our Disney trip, in June I am prepping to teaching in July for VBS at my church and then there is august. I dont want to ruin my whole summer either.

Made the blood test appt. for saturday.

Even my ds commented to me that I am not looking or sounding good, gheesh. I told him yes I am out of breathe alot and my bones ache and I am tired etc.

I am sure the endo is gonna love hearing all of this for sure.

Hope everyone is doing well
Old 03-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #1897
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Had my TSH tested last week, it's at 0.03, I think she wanted it around 1 so I wonder if she's going to lower the dose. I see her Tuesday so I'll let you know. At least we are having gorgeous weather here and extended family is looking at Disney for next year so I have something to plan.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #1898
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Micayla - hope your endo visit went well today. Glad to hear your are planning a disney trip.

Well there was a message on my answering machine that the endos office said "my numbers are good" and the endo wants you to stay on the same dose med. Hmm, usually the endo calls me herself. I dont like that and I wanted to know the actual numbers. So I guess I will have to call back as they cancelled my July appt. Love how they always do that and then I also want to describe my other symptoms to her and see what she thinks etc. I am praising God for the good report though.

Finished making the rest of our adrs for the May trip. Now just praying the family situation will be manageable by then etc.

Hope everyone is well.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #1899
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Micayla - hope your endo visit went well today. Glad to hear your are planning a disney trip.

Well there was a message on my answering machine that the endos office said "my numbers are good" and the endo wants you to stay on the same dose med. Hmm, usually the endo calls me herself. I dont like that and I wanted to know the actual numbers. So I guess I will have to call back as they cancelled my July appt. Love how they always do that and then I also want to describe my other symptoms to her and see what she thinks etc. I am praising God for the good report though.

Finished making the rest of our adrs for the May trip. Now just praying the family situation will be manageable by then etc.

Hope everyone is well.
I hate when they don't tell you the numbers. I'd be interested in hearing what they are considering you have been feeling so poorly.

I'm finally coming out of my 4 week "cold". It started as some cold but I think turned into sinusitis for the last two weeks. I knew it wasn't an infection and I am totally against antibiotics for that type of thing so I just toughed it out. It finally "lifted" on Monday. I think me pushing the Sudafed helped although that stuff does a real number on me. It's nice to feel sort of normal for a change.

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 03-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #1900
mrsklamc

Glad to hear things are going well for you, Christine and LMP. Visit was uneventful, she doesn't feel anything in my neck and I'm not shaking, said my dose was right where she wants it, she wants another TSH and an unstimulated Tg test in 6 weeks.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #1901
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Micayla, glad to hear your visit went well. Just curious as to why you have to have another test in 6 weeks?
Old 03-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #1902
mrsklamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Micayla, glad to hear your visit went well. Just curious as to why you have to have another test in 6 weeks?
She's just monitoring it closely b/c of TTC.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #1903
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

I got my bloodwork done a week ago and my endo called me with the results. My TSH levels are a little high, but she didn't want to change my meds thinking that if she lowers it any more, it will throw it back to low. My calcium is still low, but I am getting a little more continuous number at 6.9. She just tells me that if I feel bad to push some more Tums or my calcium carbonate when I feel crappy from low blood calcium (which is the tingling face).

I go to her new office on May 16th for my next appointment. As you all know it is very hard for those of us with Hypo to lose weight. Well, since I have finally got my meds straightened out, I am down 15lbs!!! That is a big accomplishment for me!!!

We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR

1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #1904
kimmie
Sometimes I have senior moments ya know
The TF's are busy people and we are restricting posters to a one tag maximum :)

1Grumpy9 So glad to hear things are getting under control! I am jealous of your weight loss! lol I am losing my extra weight very slowly. I have to watch everything I eat. My endo is keeping my levels a bit above normal (go figure). I am tired sometimes, but I keep going!
I am starting to feel like my old self again. I do not like waking up early to take my meds, but I need coffee when I get out of bed. Am I right in thinking I have to take meds 1 hour before eating or drinking? Does it really have an effect on things? Does anyone take it at night?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #1905
Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmie View Post
Am I right in thinking I have to take meds 1 hour before eating or drinking? Does it really have an effect on things? Does anyone take it at night?
I take mine right when I get out of the shower (about 4:30 a.m.). I don't have my tea/coffee until I get to work at 6:00 a.m. so it's never an issue for me.

On the weekends, I take it right when I get up but I have my tea within about 15 minutes.

I think as long as your not using loads of creamer or milk, it's probably fine to take it close enough to your coffee.

I don't know about you but I take Levoxyl and that stuff starts disintegrating right on my tongue. I seriously doubt that it lays around in my stomach for more than another 10 minutes. Once it's absorbed through into bloodstream, I would think coffee would be fine. Coffee does not bind to T4 (however, calcium does). So, stay away from the dairy products for a bit.

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: