Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #1861
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,171

Well I started the first dose of the 150 synthroid today.

I know its going to take a while for my body to see any kind of adjustment. I am most interested to see if my heart palpatations will get less. I also feel like I am a bunch of nerves lately, but then I think that is directly related to all my familys personal problems right now.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #1862
dischick4778
DIS Veteran
 
dischick4778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Jenn - and if you are reading along, can you please comment on what the tear duct plug procedure entails.?

I know my eye surgeon didnt mention it, but due to all my personal family problems now, I dont know if I can go through all of that surgery right now, so I am thinking I might ask her about this option. I am suppose to call soon for an appt. as I think her maternity leave is over soon.

Specifically I am interested in the procedure, pain or more needles in the eyes? Do you notice them etc. etc.

Thanks so much.
So glad you are doing well and here's to many many more years cancer free!

What I have had done so far with the tear ducts was nothing major at all. In the eye doctor's office without any needles or anything he popped in a small temporary tear duct plug in each eye. It took seconds and I did not feel a thing. They are supposed to last 90 days then they dissolve and they can put in new ones.

The bad news is I don't think it's working. My eyes tear all the time and this cold weather is not helping. The skin around my eyes is so sore from all the wiping/dabbing I do. I'm actually thinking of calling eye dr to get his opinion on why it isn't working.
__________________
1986, offsite 1988, offsite 1996, Dixie Landings 1998, Coronado Springs 2001, Caribbean Beach Resort May 2002, Port Orleans French Nov. 2002, Old Key West Aug. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2004, Animal Kingdom Lodge Aug. 2005, Grand Californian Aug. 2005, Old Key West Nov. 2005, Boardwalk Villas Aug. 2006, Saratoga Springs Nov. 2006, Boardwalk Villas July 2007, Old Key West Nov. 2007, Beach Club Villas Nov. 2008, Boardwalk Villas Apr. 2009, All Star Music Aug. 2009, Old Key West June 2011, AKV Kidani Village July 2011, AKV Kidani Village


~Our Disney Family~
dischick4778 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #1863
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,171

Quote:
Originally Posted by dischick4778 View Post
So glad you are doing well and here's to many many more years cancer free!

What I have had done so far with the tear ducts was nothing major at all. In the eye doctor's office without any needles or anything he popped in a small temporary tear duct plug in each eye. It took seconds and I did not feel a thing. They are supposed to last 90 days then they dissolve and they can put in new ones.

The bad news is I don't think it's working. My eyes tear all the time and this cold weather is not helping. The skin around my eyes is so sore from all the wiping/dabbing I do. I'm actually thinking of calling eye dr to get his opinion on why it isn't working.
Just curious, do you also notice any blurriness at night while driving. I havent even attempted that yet because my eyes are constantly tearing and blurry. I can handle it and driving during the day but not at night.

Do you experience anything like that?

I hear you on the weather. As soon as I go out and hit the cold, the eye starts tearing and feels really tight with the skin etc. And then if its in a place with bad humidity, it starts up too.

I really want to do this and get it over with once and for all. I guess I will have to wait and see what other meetings etc. we will have to go to that are mandatory and required. I know my dh could go with our ds but I want to be there too etc.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #1864
dischick4778
DIS Veteran
 
dischick4778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Just curious, do you also notice any blurriness at night while driving. I havent even attempted that yet because my eyes are constantly tearing and blurry. I can handle it and driving during the day but not at night.

Do you experience anything like that?

I hear you on the weather. As soon as I go out and hit the cold, the eye starts tearing and feels really tight with the skin etc. And then if its in a place with bad humidity, it starts up too.

I really want to do this and get it over with once and for all. I guess I will have to wait and see what other meetings etc. we will have to go to that are mandatory and required. I know my dh could go with our ds but I want to be there too etc.
I do have blurriness pretty much all the time if I don't carry a tissue. I am constantly wiping away the tears to see clearly. It's very annoying and embarrassing in work meetings so I am going to have to call and see if there's anything else the dr can do. Dr. did say there are permanent tear duct plugs but he said something about not attempting that until menopause but I don't know why. I have to ask. Good luck!
__________________
1986, offsite 1988, offsite 1996, Dixie Landings 1998, Coronado Springs 2001, Caribbean Beach Resort May 2002, Port Orleans French Nov. 2002, Old Key West Aug. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2004, Animal Kingdom Lodge Aug. 2005, Grand Californian Aug. 2005, Old Key West Nov. 2005, Boardwalk Villas Aug. 2006, Saratoga Springs Nov. 2006, Boardwalk Villas July 2007, Old Key West Nov. 2007, Beach Club Villas Nov. 2008, Boardwalk Villas Apr. 2009, All Star Music Aug. 2009, Old Key West June 2011, AKV Kidani Village July 2011, AKV Kidani Village


~Our Disney Family~
dischick4778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #1865
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!
 
karajeboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 6,575

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Good morning everyone.

I am here today because there is gong to be a virtual... party to celebrate...

my 3 year cancerversary!!!

Praise God that 3 years ago today I had 3 surgeries in 14 hours, 11 hours of surgery and was in the coma for 2 days after nearly dying and I am still here today!!

Thank you all for letting me vent, for Chrstine for your wealth of knowledge and for those who have gone through all of this and will go through this too, thanks for being inspiring and listening and encouraging etc.

You are all a great bunch of dis'ers.

Blessings to you all always

Now you can all have a virtual piece of to celebrate along with me.
Congrats! Imagine a virtual glass of wine toasting you many more anniversarys to come!

Today I get my stitches out and get the biopsy results. To say I'm nervous is an understatement......
__________________
Read along with my most recent TRs...The McSparklesons Sail the Magic.... Again!, April, 2012
Magic, Memories and.... MCSPARKLESONS! A Christmas Grand Gathering
December, 2011



Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #1866
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,171

karajeboo - wishing you all the best today!

Update us when you can.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #1867
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!
 
karajeboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 6,575

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
karajeboo - wishing you all the best today!

Update us when you can.
Thank you ALL for your support and kind words. Dr walked in with big smile and said, "NO cancer, however...."

It seems that the pathologist tested the thyroid itself, when the nodule came back negative, and found a micro carcinoma (papillary) on there. It's gone now and Dr feels its best to let it go for now but follow up annually with ultrasounds, just to keep an eye on the left lobe and the cluster of very small nodules there.

He said that they've seen autopsies where people have these micro carcinomas that have probably been there 30-40 years..... so even had it not come out, we wouldn't have known about it and it would probably have been fine. But since it's out, and there is nothing to test on the other lobe, we are moving on now!

Also, no thyroid hormone? He told me to wait a couple months and follow up with my family dr for the blood work, and they can then send me to an endocrinologist if needed. Is this normal?

Remember, I had all this done by my ENT......
__________________
Read along with my most recent TRs...The McSparklesons Sail the Magic.... Again!, April, 2012
Magic, Memories and.... MCSPARKLESONS! A Christmas Grand Gathering
December, 2011



Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #1868
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,171

so happy to hear your good news!
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #1869
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 24,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Thank you ALL for your support and kind words. Dr walked in with big smile and said, "NO cancer, however...."

It seems that the pathologist tested the thyroid itself, when the nodule came back negative, and found a micro carcinoma (papillary) on there. It's gone now and Dr feels its best to let it go for now but follow up annually with ultrasounds, just to keep an eye on the left lobe and the cluster of very small nodules there.

He said that they've seen autopsies where people have these micro carcinomas that have probably been there 30-40 years..... so even had it not come out, we wouldn't have known about it and it would probably have been fine. But since it's out, and there is nothing to test on the other lobe, we are moving on now!

Also, no thyroid hormone? He told me to wait a couple months and follow up with my family dr for the blood work, and they can then send me to an endocrinologist if needed. Is this normal?

Remember, I had all this done by my ENT......
Congratulations!! Yes, it is normal. Your remaining thyroid gland will put out enough thyroid hormone that you will be fine.
__________________
Christine

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #1870
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,171

I am having some "issues" with this new medication dose.

Anyone else have this? Mostly my biggest complaint would be that I am feeling constantly cold. Like before I had my thyroid out cold. Also I am feeling more sleepy and have taken a few small naps during the day.

I know my body is always sensitive to medications etc. the endo knows this well for sure.

Sp did anyone else notice a change from 175 to 150 like this?

The endo did say not to throw the 175 away, since she might have me take that dose maybe 2 days a week. she will decide after the 6 week blood test.

I dont know if I should call her and tell her my symptoms etc.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #1871
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 24,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
I am having some "issues" with this new medication dose.

Anyone else have this? Mostly my biggest complaint would be that I am feeling constantly cold. Like before I had my thyroid out cold. Also I am feeling more sleepy and have taken a few small naps during the day.

I know my body is always sensitive to medications etc. the endo knows this well for sure.

Sp did anyone else notice a change from 175 to 150 like this?

The endo did say not to throw the 175 away, since she might have me take that dose maybe 2 days a week. she will decide after the 6 week blood test.

I dont know if I should call her and tell her my symptoms etc.

Sorry for such a delay in posting. I tried two times this weekend and just got "hung up." In disgust, I just shut down and logged off.

So, based on when you started the new dose and you posted the above, it was only about 5 days. While I do think changes occur in that amount of time, you absolutely could not be hypothyroid to cause those symptoms.

More than likely, on the 175 dose, you are running "high" and you've gotten used to that version of normal--which is NOT normal. While I know most parts of the country are having a mild winter, it is February and it is normal to be feeling cold a lot. I am slight hyper and am not feeling cold much at all yet all the normal people around me seem to be cold. My carpool mate is constantly flipping my heated seats and I'm sweating.

I have upped my dose by only 1/2 tab a week. I was okay for about 4 weeks but the last 4 have been rough. I get warm really fast, I barely ever get cold and when I get warm, the palms of my hands are getting beet red. Not fun, but I am getting used to it.

My rambling point in all this is that I think you should tough it and try to get used to what your new normal might be. It's normal to feel kinda chilly and it *can* be normal to feel sleepy especially when you've taken yourself down a notch. I would tough it out and give it some time.
__________________
Christine

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #1872
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,171

Thanks for your insight Christine.

I am toughing it out but guess what..

I fell asleep during the superbowl yesterday watching the Giants!! and while I was sitting there with a blanket on me because I was cold etc.

Gee, somehow I am not liking this new normal for sure.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #1873
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 24,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Thanks for your insight Christine.

I am toughing it out but guess what..

I fell asleep during the superbowl yesterday watching the Giants!! and while I was sitting there with a blanket on me because I was cold etc.

Gee, somehow I am not liking this new normal for sure.

It will probably level out a bit soon. Have you checked your heart rate lately. Is it considerably slower than normal?
__________________
Christine

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #1874
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran
 
1Grumpy9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Enola, PA
Posts: 873

I haven't posted much lately because I am kind of in flux right now. My endo left the office she was in and is going out on her own. The company she was with is merging with a local hospital and they have a endo that I had gone to before (and hated) and she wasn't going to deal with that again. I need to go get my labs done for an update on my latest change in meds. The bad thing is finding a lab to do my lab work. I also have to schedule an appointment when she has her office up and running.
__________________
"Don't tell people how good you are, tell them how good they make you."
'79, '80, '81, '82, '83, '84, '85, '91, '92, '93, '97, '99, '06, '08
'92 MMD (marched in SpectroMagic), '94 MMD(marched around WS) '11 - first stay on property, FW-'13, ASMo '14


We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR

1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #1875
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,171

1Grumpy9- sorry you have to deal with all of this. I know it can be frustrating dealing with doctors, insurance, tests etc.

Will you be staying with your old endo or do you have to go to the group one?

Will your ins. pay to have you get the blood tests at a local hospital? I know mine really wont unless its something special, like the radiation testing, (pregnancy etc).I am blessed that I just have to go to the next town for my tests.

I hope it will all get straightened out. Try not to stress too much and I hope your new labs come out well for you.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: