Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #1816
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Went for the blood test today. My endo appt. is on the 23rd. Now I have the wonderful pelvic sono on Thurs. Then maybe will have to schedule the kidney sono.

kimmie - I can relate too. Its frustrating when you dont feel well and they are trying to adjust the meds. I had 3 adjustments. I think I went from 150 to 200, and 200 was really making me crazy. Now I am at 175. I feel alot less crazy. My endo will not lower it anymore she said until I think I am at the 5 year mark since mine is aggressive etc. So I just have to put up with it. Hang in there. They will find the best level for you. Just keep telling the endo your symptoms etc.

Christine - good your bone scan came out well. I dont know if I have to do them anymore since I am getting the yearly reclast infusion. Hope your drs. visit and testing goes well.

Well with everything going on I dont even know if we will be able to take our May trip. If we do we might have to cancel the bounceback rate and maybe just pay for a rack rate room with frequent flier miles. I have to check out all the financial stuff.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #1817
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Well I just saw that the 2012 Thyca conference is going to be in Chicago.

Micayla is that really far away from you and maybe Kimmie that might be close to you to go to?

I have never been to Chicago but sometimes dh has gone there on business trips.

We need an Orlando thyca conference!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #1818
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Chicago is not far - I will have to go look and see when it is.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #1819
kimmie
Sometimes I have senior moments ya know
The TF's are busy people and we are restricting posters to a one tag maximum :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Well I just saw that the 2012 Thyca conference is going to be in Chicago.

Micayla is that really far away from you and maybe Kimmie that might be close to you to go to?

I have never been to Chicago but sometimes dh has gone there on business trips.

We need an Orlando thyca conference!!
Thanks for the reminder! I am about an hour out of Chicago! I will go and check the dates and stuff
I am very interested in going...anyone want to join me?

Hey if they have one in Orlnado, sign me up for that one! It would be nice to get out of the cold for awhile. The snow is coming down like crazy today!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #1820
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Anyone see the little article about thyroid stuff that was in the newspaper magazine. Forgot the name, but it was about thyroid stuff, not necessarily cancer.

They did say that not all thyroid goiters are cancerous, yeah right, mine was though.

Oh well, any press is good press to me. I actually saw they expect the newly diagnosed to increase steadily this year (read that somewhere else). Hope they can say one day..more patients and so we need more research etc.

I have not been eating or sleeping well due to the personal family problem. Also between the hot flashes and the other night my heart seemed to be racing too long, usually that does not happen often. I am sure even the endo will think I am a mess next week, we shall see.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #1821
dischick4778
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmie View Post
Sorry for another rant but I want to be who I was 4 months ago, and I know that is not possible.
I feel like I say this very same thing all the time! I used to be such a calm, level-headed, reasonable, sweet person. Now I feel like I'm in someone else's personality and I cannot get out!

The new lower dose, 188, is starting to take effect but it is a slow process. I have noticed a bit more patience with things that I would have screamed about a month ago. But I am still not "me". Hmm, how long until I get used to the new me?mm

Stay well all!
1986, offsite 1988, offsite 1996, Dixie Landings 1998, Coronado Springs 2001, Caribbean Beach Resort May 2002, Port Orleans French Nov. 2002, Old Key West Aug. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2004, Animal Kingdom Lodge Aug. 2005, Grand Californian Aug. 2005, Old Key West Nov. 2005, Boardwalk Villas Aug. 2006, Saratoga Springs Nov. 2006, Boardwalk Villas July 2007, Old Key West Nov. 2007, Beach Club Villas Nov. 2008, Boardwalk Villas Apr. 2009, All Star Music Aug. 2009, Old Key West June 2011, AKV Kidani Village July 2011, AKV Kidani Village

~Our Disney Family~
dischick4778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #1822
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Wait a minute.... so the thyroid affects personality? I've noticed over the years that I've turned psycho, seriously. I fly off the handle over the least little thing, and my husband told me over the weekend that I'm not the most pleasant person to be around! That, and the racing heart..... In fact, my dr started checking my thyroid when I was complaining of a racing heart, and the stress test came back normal.... that's when the nodule was found. So it's possible that my moods could level out after this nodule is removed?????

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #1823
kimmie
Sometimes I have senior moments ya know
The TF's are busy people and we are restricting posters to a one tag maximum :)

dischick - I was a happy person until all of this too! I am better now, but I now take Lexapro
I am better now because things are starting to level off. Weight is still an issue with me.

karajeboo - I hope things are better for you once they remove the nodule. The thyroid is an amazing thing and DOES control hormones.
I am still very new to all of this but the others here can give you more insight.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #1824
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

I tried to post earlier but it got lost in space somehow.

If your nodule is affecting your thyroid hormones, then certainly your mood will be affected. If not, it is probably something else.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #1825
dischick4778
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Wait a minute.... so the thyroid affects personality? I've noticed over the years that I've turned psycho, seriously. I fly off the handle over the least little thing, and my husband told me over the weekend that I'm not the most pleasant person to be around! That, and the racing heart..... In fact, my dr started checking my thyroid when I was complaining of a racing heart, and the stress test came back normal.... that's when the nodule was found. So it's possible that my moods could level out after this nodule is removed?????
Thyroid definitely impacts your personality. And depending on your synthroid dose after surgery that is a huge thing too. I was on such a high dose bc of the extent of my cancer situation that I was nervous and anxious and angry all the time - which is very unlike me. Now I am at a lower dose and finally feeling a bit normal, but man it has been a rough couple of years.

And I do feel badly for my husband bc I am not the person he married. And I know for better or worse, but no one expects the worse to come so soon. He is a saint for dealing with me through all of this. And I just want to be me again.
1986, offsite 1988, offsite 1996, Dixie Landings 1998, Coronado Springs 2001, Caribbean Beach Resort May 2002, Port Orleans French Nov. 2002, Old Key West Aug. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2004, Animal Kingdom Lodge Aug. 2005, Grand Californian Aug. 2005, Old Key West Nov. 2005, Boardwalk Villas Aug. 2006, Saratoga Springs Nov. 2006, Boardwalk Villas July 2007, Old Key West Nov. 2007, Beach Club Villas Nov. 2008, Boardwalk Villas Apr. 2009, All Star Music Aug. 2009, Old Key West June 2011, AKV Kidani Village July 2011, AKV Kidani Village

~Our Disney Family~
dischick4778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #1826
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dischick4778 View Post
Thyroid definitely impacts your personality. And depending on your synthroid dose after surgery that is a huge thing too. I was on such a high dose bc of the extent of my cancer situation that I was nervous and anxious and angry all the time - which is very unlike me. Now I am at a lower dose and finally feeling a bit normal, but man it has been a rough couple of years.

And I do feel badly for my husband bc I am not the person he married. And I know for better or worse, but no one expects the worse to come so soon. He is a saint for dealing with me through all of this. And I just want to be me again.
Thanks everyone for the great info! I have my preop visit on Thursday so I hope to get a lot more info then, but I'm curious, will I be on meds with them only removing part of my thyroid? I was under the impression that the thyroid can "catch up" if part of it remains?

I am so sorry to hear of everyone's situations, but this is such a positive thread and I thank you all for posting your stories! It really makes me (and I'm sure many others!) feel better and have a much more positive outlook!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:16 AM   #1827
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Thanks everyone for the great info! I have my preop visit on Thursday so I hope to get a lot more info then, but I'm curious, will I be on meds with them only removing part of my thyroid? I was under the impression that the thyroid can "catch up" if part of it remains?

I am so sorry to hear of everyone's situations, but this is such a positive thread and I thank you all for posting your stories! It really makes me (and I'm sure many others!) feel better and have a much more positive outlook!
Yes, half or part of your thyroid can do the work of a whole thyroid gland. They will probably want to monitor you very carefully after having part of it out to make sure that it's picking up the slack.

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 01-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #1828
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!

Hi everyone! I haven't been around in a long time. My life is so screwy I should have my own reality show.

I have a question for thyroid people in the know please. Can thyroid medicine just stop working or maybe having the opposite effect. I'm now up to 50mcg and I feel crazy again. My heart races, bad hot flashes, face flushes, my hair is falling out enough to make a curly haired wig, my sex drive is back down, and now my blood pressure is on the rise.

I googled synthroid and high blood pressure and got some interesting responses but wanted information from someone in the know.

I have made an apt with my PCM because the reproductive endo and I have parted ways. I'm moving in less than 8 weeks and know that can cause stress but I just feel like something is wrong.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks for letting me jump back in for guidance.

Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #1829
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Tina- Yes, it definitely sounds like your levels need to be adjusted.

Just curious- has anyone noticed a seasonal affect on your levels? Mine has been lowered the last two Januarys- I blamed the thyrogen but I'm feeling kinda hyper-ish and I haven't had it this year.

There was an article in the local paper Sunday that mentioned how thyca is the 'good' kind of cancer to get. Boy did that Dr get ripped in the comments with people letting him know just how 'good' it is....
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #1830
Christine

Quote:
I have a question for thyroid people in the know please. Can thyroid medicine just stop working or maybe having the opposite effect. I'm now up to 50mcg and I feel crazy again. My heart races, bad hot flashes, face flushes, my hair is falling out enough to make a curly haired wig, my sex drive is back down, and now my blood pressure is on the rise.
Too much and too little thyroid hormone can often have overlapping/shared effects. Based on your heart racing, bad hot flashes, face flusing, and increased BP, I'm going to go with the thought that you have too much thyroid hormone.

Too little OR too much can cause hair loss, changes in sex drive. It's possible that being hypo could cause increased BP, but most often it goes the other way. With too little hormone you get bradycardia (slow heartbeat) which can often help BP levels. But having too little thyroid hormone also stresses the body so it could increase it.

If I were a betting woman, I'd go with too much hormone.

Tina--you're in the rotten position of still having your own (malfunctioning) thyroid gland that, on most days probably isn't working well enough for you but then periodically it might start working. When you are dealing with both a thyroid gland and supplementation, you get these problems. Many of us here have totally dead thyroid glands or none at all, so the supplementation process isn't quite the rollercoaster ride that people with funky thyroids get.

You probably need to get a quick thyroid panel done just to see where you are. Many, many years ago when I was first dealing with this, my biggest clue of too much thyroid hormone was my flushed face (and ears). It was awful. If the room even got the slightest bit warm, I had a face like a fire engine. Bumping down a dose helped immensely.

Quote:
I have made an apt with my PCM because the reproductive endo and I have parted ways. I'm moving in less than 8 weeks and know that can cause stress but I just feel like something is wrong.
Sorry to hear you no longer have the reproductive endo--that sounded so promising.

Get thee to a doc and have that TSH done. You'll feel much better when you get this under control.

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: