Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2011, 01:40 PM   #1576
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

I am still on the diet just because I don't want to have to start over if they decide they're going to dose me again. It's not as bad as when I was hypo because I'm actually losing weight and I'm not emotional from being hypo. Plus, when I was hypo I wasn't working so I had little to do besides sit at home & think about all the food I couldn't eat. I am hopeful b/c of the blood test. They have not ever told me a # from a scan.

Ultrasound is scheduled at 9:10 in the morning. I don't know if they will tell me results right away or not.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #1577
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
I am still on the diet just because I don't want to have to start over if they decide they're going to dose me again. It's not as bad as when I was hypo because I'm actually losing weight and I'm not emotional from being hypo. Plus, when I was hypo I wasn't working so I had little to do besides sit at home & think about all the food I couldn't eat. I am hopeful b/c of the blood test. They have not ever told me a # from a scan.

Ultrasound is scheduled at 9:10 in the morning. I don't know if they will tell me results right away or not.
Well I am so happy you are getting the sono tomm. My endo gets my results first since she ordered it.

I think its a good sign if they say ok you can go after the sono versus taking more pics. I always have mine done either right in the hosp or the hospitals imaging center in another building. They always say they show it to the radiologist and then they let me go etc. My endo either calls me or waits if she sees I have an appt. very soon as I always have it done a week before my appt.

Wishing you all the best tomm.

A little OT: Havent seen Jenn posting anything. Hope she has electric after the storm.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #1578
mrsklamc

Person who did the ultrasound said she "doesn't think the doctors will see anything that displeases them."

She also said she knew for sure that the endo wouldn't get back to me until the first of next week, and I was doing way better with that information prior to realizing that Monday's a holiday, so it will be Tuesday probably at the earliest.

I'm on day 23 of the diet today.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #1579
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Quote:
Person who did the ultrasound said she "doesn't think the doctors will see anything that displeases them."

She also said she knew for sure that the endo wouldn't get back to me until the first of next week, and I was doing way better with that information prior to realizing that Monday's a holiday, so it will be Tuesday probably at the earliest.

I'm on day 23 of the diet today.
Can I honestly ask how are you doing this and putting up with this???? I cant believe they are making you go through this. How can your endo make you wait like this??? I know any radiologist can read something if its STAT etc.

I know you love your endo but I think she is just making you go through too much diet wise.

That is why I even told that guy who posted on this thread once that he should get his testing done at the hosp. here bt me because any dr. (my endo or radiologist or surgeon) can pull this stuff up immediately.

I would be on that phone asap and calling your endo office asking for the results so you could go off the diet etc. Even if they say she is not available doesnt she have a pager etc?

You have the patience of Job for sure!! I think I would have lost it by now.
We can even write a complaint e mail to the hospital director and they will get back to us.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and I am gonna pray really hard for you!! Hang in there!!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #1580
mrsklamc

Thanks for the prayers- I think it's just different here because things aren't done all at one facility. The radiologists have their own practice, separate from the imaging center. So it has to make it from the imaging center, over to the radiologist, and then over to my doctor's office, who is only in 3 days a week.

As for how I'm handling it- well, I'm only at about 1/2 way through what I had to go through last year, and I was hypo last year! Plus, I am losing weight on the LID and I have really struggled to lose weight otherwise.

The Dr is not in tomorrow but her assistant is until noon, and I know she has called me on Friday mornings before, and I know that even though the Dr. is not technically 'in' on Fridays her assistant can reach her, so I am still hopeful that she will call me tomorrow morning with some info.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #1581
WDWDancer
Recruiting Mouse

Well I had my pre-op appointment with the surgeon and I am having a TT on the 19th of this month. My surgeon specializes in thyroid and promised to do his best to hide the scar (I think he is more concerned with the scarring then me). I am 25 and already have a couple other scars..one more is not a big deal

I am starting to freak out a little; its just so "real" that the surgery date has been set up. I am taking 3 wks of work to be safe (I have a very physical/stressful job) do you think that should be ok? Also, do you all have any tips/tricks for after the surgery?

Thanks
Old 09-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #1582
mrsklamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWDancer View Post
Well I had my pre-op appointment with the surgeon and I am having a TT on the 19th of this month. My surgeon specializes in thyroid and promised to do his best to hide the scar (I think he is more concerned with the scarring then me). I am 25 and already have a couple other scars..one more is not a big deal

I am starting to freak out a little; its just so "real" that the surgery date has been set up. I am taking 3 wks of work to be safe (I have a very physical/stressful job) do you think that should be ok? Also, do you all have any tips/tricks for after the surgery?

Thanks
I don't have any tips and I can't speak to recovery time as I had spread to lymph nodes. But don't freak out; it wasn't too bad & I am sure you will be ok. The folks on this thread are a great resource.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #1583
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Quote:

Thanks
Glad you have a dr. who specializes in thyroid. My surgeon does about 150 per year.

My scar is huge but that is because I had to have 3 surgeries in 14 hours and then the 2 drains.

I would say stock up on the soft food and soup like stuff, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, meatloaf, applesauce, stuff that will be easy to swallow for a while. Stay away from lettuce and bread and french fries. I thought I would choke to death on those. Try things slowly.

Maybe some lifesavers or jolly ranchers too.

I needed about 3 pillows to sleep but I had to have a neck dissection for the lymph node spread.

I have read that people like the u shaped travel neck pillows.

The actual scar really just has steri strips on it.

Did they tell you how long you would be in the hosp for? I was in a week but I had alot of complications. I was not your normal thyroidectomy for sure!!

I did take the pain pills for quite a while. I guess I wasnt tolerating the pain well then but I had a massive amount of surgery.

Dont worry if your voice sounds hoarse. It will come back in a while. Just be patient.

Wishing you all the best.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #1584
mrsklamc

I did not have any problem eating what I wanted so don't be too anxious- LMP has extenuating circumstances so don't be too anxious.

DH tried to call the dr. and they are out today, gone for the long weekend, so I'm still stuck.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #1585
mrsklamc

God Bless my DH- he called the reception desk and asked if there was any chance the Dr's assistant was there and I could go off the diet. She was, and she said I still need to follow up with the doctor but it looked like the ultrasound just shows scar tissue and there was no reason not to go off the diet.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #1586
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Quote:
God Bless my DH- he called the reception desk and asked if there was any chance the Dr's assistant was there and I could go off the diet. She was, and she said I still need to follow up with the doctor but it looked like the ultrasound just shows scar tissue and there was no reason not to go off the diet.

Have a wonderful, wonderful week end!!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #1587
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Micayla - hope you are enjoying eating "real" food again, no more bunny stuff for you!!

Christine - what are your thoughts on this?? Is it common to get a new blood test for the synthroid adjustment at 6 weeks or 2 months. The endo wrote it for 2 months, which will be in less than 2 weeks.

Right now I am beyond tired, and having mood swings etc. I am wondering if I can call and ask them for it sooner? Or should I just wait, dont know if that is just my endos time frame or the accepted one etc.

Meanwhile I feel like crap. I only went to the grocery store and cooked dinner and I was wiped out.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:21 AM   #1588
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!

When did ya'll start feeling better or different on this thyroid medication? I have to go in for my first blood test this week since starting the meds. Something still isn't right but it's not always wrong.

This is some TMI and I'm sorry but I'm so stinking confused. I had my first cycle since starting the thyroid and the PCOS meds and I had the worst period that I have had since teenage years and I was at least a week early. I had so much cramping and pain that I spent the weekend of hurricane Irene curled up in a miserable ball. In addition I couldn't function. I was just exhausted to the point I slept probably 30 out of 48 hours with no sleeping or pain supplements.

Now I'm almost a week after my period and I'm still so stinking tired and my legs are hurting quite badly. However the week prior to the period I felt great and was high functioning.

Does anyone else have this confusion? I tried to get the doctor on the phone last week but with the hospital shutting down and doctors moving the phone lines still weren't accessible at the new place. Good thing I wasn't dying!

Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #1589
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks
Like others say, soft foods will be your best friend. I was off work for 4 weeks because of my complications with my parathyroid. My scar is about 4 inches, at first it bothered me, but now it is barely noticable. The first year after surgery it was a good converstation piece...I just said I was in a bar fight...LOL!!!

Pillows will be another good friend for you. Also if you are a side sleeper, it will be VERY hard to sleep on your side for about a week. Explain to the hospital before you go into surgery that you need a soft diet for when you are allowed to eat. The morning after my surgery they gave me french toast and sausage. I couldn't eat it because I really couldn't swallow solid foods.

We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR

1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #1590
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Tina - sending you a . So sorry you were in so much pain. Dont have any insight into all of those symptoms but I am glad you are getting the blood test this week.

See my above test. My endo wants me to wait 2 months and that is not til the end of next week or around the 18th approx. See my above post, I feel like crap.

I have tried to eat alot of bananas for the leg cramps which I occasionally get and had lately.

Hoping the blood tests will give your endo some insight etc.

I like your travel list too!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: